Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You (4402 Views)

Behold Things I Stopped Doing That Drastically Improved My Life / 6 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Prof Nnenna Oti, FUTO's First Female VC / BOWEN Vs BABCOCK: See What Students Are Doing That Got Nigerians Screaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by dagreensblog: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2017
We are all familiar with the Biblical saying that there are ways that seems right in the eyes of men but, the end is destruction. This is very true in the sense that most a times we become so comfortable with certain way of life that we see as being "Normal" and Ok, we tend to look behind those little but vital things that are crucial to our well being.
In this very post, I shall be discussing some of these issues.

1. You Are Trying To Be Someone Else: Your life could be a mess simply because you have abandoned "You" for a pseudo life and you just may not know it yet.
You see, having someone as a mentor is quite different from copying and trying to be Exactly like someone. It gets worst when you are doing it to please Others or Some persons. There is nothing as awesome as being oneself, take your time today and rediscover who you are, learn You!, live You! and love You!. Remember, ''Being yourself in a world that is constantly changing is a Virtue ".

2.You Are Not In Talking Terms With God : Having a good relationship/Communication with God does not necessarily mean that we have to be as righteous as a Saint?! The holy Books made it clear that as humans we are bound to cross the red lines so to say, and God as Divine and Immortal is always there to understand.
Now, I don't want to sound too religious because am Not but, the truth is that cutting off communication with God probably as a result of our shortcomings, that you now see it as normal, is very detrimental to our well being as a person.
Believe it or not, God remains the author and finisher of our faith and by extension, our fate.
Communicate with him from time to time and your life will be a lot more better.

3.You Say More Than Enough : Speaking as a form of communication is something that we do every now and then, with friends, family and Acquaintances. There is absolutely nothing wrong with engaging people in discussions but, the question is how healthy are the things that come out of your mouth?
It all depends on knowing what to say and saying what you know!. We must understand that not every discussion is worth contributing to and not every of our contribution is worth exaggerating and Expanding. Silence they say is golden but it doesn't mean you should be a dummy when you know you have something meaningful to chip in. I am of the opinion that we must learn when to speak and when to stop speaking, Very important.

4.You Dress Wrongly: I won't fail to write on this as it has become a big time issue in our society today. Our dressing is a determining factor in so many ways, it goes with the saying that 'we are addressed by the way we dress. Let's get this straight, you don't need to have like two wardrobes of clothes before you are able to dress fine, one can have two pairs of cloth and still look good and smart any other day. Dressing well has to do with knowing when to wash your clothes, iron them so that you can readily put them on to whatever place you wish to go. Know when to take them to the tailor for adjustment, to fit in to your size properly while giving you the needed space within. Know the type of cloth to wear to a particular function such as Weeding ceremony, book lunching, Seminars and so on. Learn to look neat and smart not because I said so but, because your well being is dependent on it. Trust me.

5.You Don't Rest Properly: There are many approach to understanding the word 'Rest', I choose to write about Sleep as the ultimate way of having a good rest. Not having a good sleep robs our bodies of much needed resource and time to process the food we have eaten, according to experts, most of us need between seven(7) to eight (cool hours of sleep nightly. Growing children and adolescents need even more. We need to stop giving the excuse of having so much academic stuffs to handle or our job/work being too demanding that we have to skip having a proper night rest. The question is are these things more important than your health? The answer is unarguably NO, any engagement that denies you of sleep up to seven hours daily is not really Worth it, yes you read right! We must take our rest very important especially night rest and allow our body system the required resources and time to operate most effectively.

6.You don't Exercise: Many people, especially in Africa, Pay less attention to body exercises. Some of us only engage in exercise when it becomes a matter of life and death, like your Doctor has Advised you to start doing it to stay out of a certain health problem.
Human beings are made to walk, run, jump as well as lift up objects from one place to another due to the structure of our muscles and joints which are built to allow these natural activities and movement with ease and strength.
The truth is that without exercise, our muscles and joints starts atrophy. The results are not usually instant, it takes time before one realizes He/She is not feeling good physically like before.
Most times we are also psychologically affected and our self esteem is greatly affected too.
Professionals recommend at least 25 minutes daily exercise of our body (ideally in the morning). Proper exercise is very different from engaging in strenuous jobs/work that we sweat profusely.

(Copyright© www.dagreensblog..com )

There are many ways we could have our body exercise such as Jogging, Running, Dancing, playing football or other sporting activity as well as some little but effective muscular workouts that could be done even in the comfort of your apartment. Boost your confidence and body flexibility by starting exercise today and save your self from unforeseen health issues.

Did I miss some points? I will love to hear from you. Please Use the comment box below and share with us your Contributions and Views.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by taylor88(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2017
Lol
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by ghettowriter(m): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2017
Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Magnoliaa(f): 11:59am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice write up...

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by propanet(m): 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
Na physical exercise wan put money for my account?
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Florblu(f): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
Well said

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by PrinceJoeWan(m): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
With this recession how are we to rest properly?
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by businessng01: 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Wondering how you can score highest in your post utme examinations? I got you covered in this post. These tips are always the best to use while preparing for your post utme. This is because they have been tested over the years. When I used these tips, I had the 6th best. score in my post utme exams. You want to know how? Read on. 1. 1. GO THROUGH THE EXAM SYLLABLES Most students don’t read until the exam is fast approaching before they start cracking the hard kernel, you are not helping yourself. Waiting till two months to examination is an announced failure, no offence though. There are people who will start studying two weeks to exams and make it but please don’t try it; you may be surprised it doesn’t work out for you that way. Besides, topics in the syllables are usually much and you need to go through them thoroughly to assimilate them bit by bit. Except you are an immediate high school lever, you know your brain is still fresh but if you’ve been home for a year or two, you need to go through the syllables, studying all the topics at least two to three times before the exams. 2, GET AND USE ORIGINAL POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS. It is quintessential of a visionary student that you dig in and get a compiled copy of the university’s past question and answers. This is very important as it helps to widen your thinking faculty, exposing the scope and procedure by which examinations are set and how to answer the questions without getting confused by the technicality of the question and the way they are being set. This is also essential as past questions is usually like an expo helping you understand the angle from which questions might come from, though some questions are usually repeated, it is important to read all through noting vital points. Do you need post utme past questions for University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, Unijos, Uniben, All universities in Nigeria. Or Any polytechnic in Nigeria? Or Any Colleges of Education? Or school of Nursing? Call or WhatsApp 09020841721 now. It's your chance to get your Complete set of post utme past questions now. Call or WHATSAPP 09020841721 now for your complete set of original post utme past questions. It's available in in all format. 3, 3. KNOW THE SCHOOL’S CUT OFF MARK Before you even apply for post UME, you should make sure your score marches or is above the university’s cut off mark before you apply. Some universities’ cut off mark is usually 200 like UNN, UI and other institutions while others are from 180. 4. ON YOUR EXAM DATE You are advised to arrive early on your screening date. If you live far from the exam town, you are expected to arrive your exam town before the date, lodge somewhere safe and prepare for the exam. 5. Focus on your exams only I'll be sharing helpful tips here. Stay glued glued and comment to keep the thread alive. Thanks .
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by businessng01: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Wondering how you can score highest in your post utme examinations?

I got you covered in this post. These tips are always the best to use while preparing for your post utme. This is because they have been tested over the years. When I used these tips, I had the 6th best. score in my post utme exams. You want to know how? Read on. 1.

1. GO THROUGH THE EXAM SYLLABLES Most students don’t read until the exam is fast approaching before they start cracking the hard kernel, you are not helping yourself. Waiting till two months to examination is an announced failure, no offence though. There are people who will start studying two weeks to exams and make it but please don’t try it; you may be surprised it doesn’t work out for you that way. Besides, topics in the syllables are usually much and you need to go through them thoroughly to assimilate them bit by bit. Except you are an immediate high school lever, you know your brain is still fresh but if you’ve been home for a year or two, you need to go through the syllables, studying all the topics at least two to three times before the exams.

2, GET AND USE ORIGINAL POST UTME PAST QUESTIONS. It is quintessential of a visionary student that you dig in and get a compiled copy of the university’s past question and answers. This is very important as it helps to widen your thinking faculty, exposing the scope and procedure by which examinations are set and how to answer the questions without getting confused by the technicality of the question and the way they are being set.

This is also essential as past questions is usually like an expo helping you understand the angle from which questions might come from, though some questions are usually repeated, it is important to read all through noting vital points. Do you need post utme past questions for University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, Unijos, Uniben, All universities in Nigeria. Or Any polytechnic in Nigeria? Or Any Colleges of Education? Or school of Nursing? Call or WhatsApp 09020841721 now. It's your chance to get your Complete set of post utme past questions now. Call or WHATSAPP 09020841721 now for your complete set of original post utme past questions. It's available in in all format.

3, 3. KNOW THE SCHOOL’S CUT OFF MARK Before you even apply for post UME, you should make sure your score marches or is above the university’s cut off mark before you apply. Some universities’ cut off mark is usually 200 like UNN, UI and other institutions while others are from 180. 4. ON YOUR EXAM DATE You are advised to arrive early on your screening date. If you live far from the exam town, you are expected to arrive your exam town before the date, lodge somewhere safe and prepare for the exam. 5. Focus on your exams only I'll be sharing helpful tips here. Stay glued glued and comment to keep the thread alive. Thanks .
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Mutuwa(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
dagreensblog:
We are all familiar with the Biblical saying that there are ways that seems right in the eyes of men but, the end is destruction. This is very true in the sense that most a times we become so comfortable with certain way of life that we see as being "Normal" and Ok, we tend to look behind those little but vital things that are crucial to our well being.
In this very post, I shall be discussing some of these issues.

1. You Are Trying To Be Someone Else: Your life could be a mess simply because you have abandoned "You" for a pseudo life and you just may not know it yet.
You see, having someone as a mentor is quite different from copying and trying to be Exactly like someone. It gets worst when you are doing it to please Others or Some persons. There is nothing as awesome as being oneself, take your time today and rediscover who you are, learn You!, live You! and love You!. Remember, ''Being yourself in a world that is constantly changing is a Virtue ".

2.You Are Not In Talking Terms With God : Having a good relationship/Communication with God does not necessarily mean that we have to be as righteous as a Saint?! The holy Books made it clear that as humans we are bound to cross the red lines so to say, and God as Divine and Immortal is always there to understand.
Now, I don't want to sound too religious because am Not but, the truth is that cutting off communication with God probably as a result of our shortcomings, that you now see it as normal, is very detrimental to our well being as a person.
Believe it or not, God remains the author and finisher of our faith and by extension, our fate.
Communicate with him from time to time and your life will be a lot more better.

3.You Say More Than Enough : Speaking as a form of communication is something that we do every now and then, with friends, family and Aquintances. There is absolutely nothing wrong with engaging people in discussions but, the question is how healthy are the things that come out of your mouth?
It all depends on knowing what to say and saying what you know!. We must understand that not every discussion is worth contributing and not every of our contribution is worth exaggerating and Expanding. Silence they say is golden but it doesn't mean you should be a dumby when you know you have something meaningful to chip in. I am of the opinion that we must learn when to speak and when to stop speaking, Very important.

4.You Dress Wrongly: I won't fail to write on this as it has become a big time issue in our society today. Our dressing is a determining factor in so many ways, it goes with the saying that 'we are addressed by the way we dress'. Let's get this straight, you don't need to have like two wardrobes of clothes before you are able to dress fine, one can have two pairs of cloth and still look good and smart any other day. Dressing well has to do with knowing when to wash your clothes, iron them so that you can readily put them on to whatever place you wish to go. Know when to take them to the tailor for adjustment, to fit in to your size properly while giving you the needed space within. Know the type of cloth to wear to a particular function such as Weeding ceremony, book lunching, Seminars and so on. Learn to look neat and smart not because I said so but, because your well being is dependent on it. Trust me.

5.You Don't Rest Properly: There are many approach to understanding the word 'Rest', I choose to write about Sleep as the ultimate way of having a good rest. Not having a good sleep robs our bodies of much needed resource and time to process the food we have eaten, according to experts, most of us need between seven(7) to eight (cool hours of sleep nightly. Growing children and adolescents need even more. We need to stop giving the excuse of having so much academic stuffs to handle or our job/work being too demanding that we have to skip having a proper night rest. The question is are these things more important than your health? The answer is unarguably NO, any engagement that denies you of sleep up to seven hours daily is not really Worth it, yes you read right! We must take our rest very important especially night rest and allow our body system the required resources and time to operate most effectively.

6.You don't Exercise: Many people, especially in Africa, Pay less attention to body exercises. Some of us only engage in exercise when it becomes a matter of life and death, like your Doctor has Advised you to start doing it to stay out of a certain health problem.
Human beings are made to walk, run, jump as well as lift up objects from one place to another due to the structure of our muscles and joints which are built to allow these natural activities and movement with ease and strength.
The truth is that without exercise, our muscles and joints starts atrophy. The results are not usually instant, it takes time before one realizes He/She is not feeling good physically like before.
Most times we are also psychologically affected and our self esteem is greatly affected too.
Professionals recommend at least 25 minutes daily exercise of our body (ideally in the morning). Proper exercise is very different from engaging in strenuous jobs/work that we sweat profusely.

(Copyright© www.dagreensblog..com )

There are many ways we could have our body exercise such as Jogging, Running, Dancing, playing football or other sporting activity as well as some little but effective muscular workouts that could be done even in the comfort of your apartment. Boost your confidence and body flexibility by starting exercise today and save your self from unforeseen health issues.

Did I miss some points? I will love to hear from you. Please Use the comment box below and share with us your Contributions and Views.

your number one point says it all.This point alone may even give rise to all other points adumbrated,save maybe for the exercise part.
Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by lordraiden(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Op let me tell you things that are killing you

(1)too much fVçking
(2)too much alcohol
(3)too much weed
(4)too much tm
(5)too much masturbating

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by tomisinuno(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Nice one op. www.bgmconnect.com . get connected

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
Point Noted. BTW, thanks @OP for this nice piece

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Fidelismaria: 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
I smell front page
brb

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by muller101(m): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2017
You sleep and wake up on NL
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
propanet:
Na physical exercise wan put money for my account?
Without physical exercise, the tendency to enjoy that money is very slim. Exercise gives you more years and so on. You need to see the way billionaires treat physical exercise. They value health more than their money. They feel that sound health equates to a better and fruitful life.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by lereinter(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
ope o betgja is not there
Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by Adamkeyj(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
nice one op....lerinter thank God say u call the bet9ja urself...better add am to the list in ur head

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Are Doing That Is Killing You by jericco1(m): 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Lovely.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp / Adekunle Ajasin University 2013/2014 Admission. / "Us Chinese Believe That Africans Are Mentally Inferior" Chinese Tells African

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.