Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp (4428 Views)

My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. / Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp / “I Wore This To School & My Lecturer Called Me A Tout” – Lady (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 3:23am On Feb 19, 2022
Good morning everyone
I don’t know if me posting this here is right

Well I have been following one my school lecturers WhatsApp status and with what I have seen so far I can tell that my lectural needs help maybe he is depressed or something like that

Sometimes you will see messages like I wish I can just go

“ nothing in this world’

Etc

Please what way can I help this man
He is still very young should be in is middle 40s

I don’t know why he is depressed and I can’t ask don’t if it’s wrong
He recently lost is security guard to robbers who invaded his home late last year

Pls nairalanders pls how can I help him

CC: mynd44 Suen lalasticalala
Please help me tag more mods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by blaquebelle: 3:39am On Feb 19, 2022
I think you should try and reach out and ask what's wrong. No harm done. Approach the matter delicately though

12 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Goldbw122(m): 3:40am On Feb 19, 2022
You have to ask him why he post that kind of message jokely at first, I know you would probably get your answers.. and the seocnd time you ask him make sure that he is relaxing and ask him eye ball to eye ball seriously and you will get your answers..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Amuluonyenaego: 4:27am On Feb 19, 2022
Pls call the attention of anyone who can talk to him if u can't do that, the young man is depressed.

5 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by ahnie: 4:57am On Feb 19, 2022
Depression is the earliest,and it ain't a pleasant experience at all.
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by aikyg(m): 4:58am On Feb 19, 2022
You are probably too young to handle this. You need to call the attention people who are old enough to reach out and help him. He is tacitly asking for help.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by boolet: 5:14am On Feb 19, 2022
I have a tunnel visioned opinion. If you know his habits i.e drinking etc, boldly ask him out to a nice joint, fire him a few drinks with edibles, then talk to him. Trust me, if he's in that line, he'll listen to you and appreciate. Otherwise, I can't think of anything else, my wisdom is limited.

4 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 19, 2022
If the school has a Psychologist, a Counselor, or a Chaplain, you could involve that person and have them reach out to him. Or tell one or two kind, senior lecturers and have them take it up.

3 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Ceenachi: 5:46am On Feb 19, 2022
Many are going through a lot emotionally

Do well to call a friend, let them know you care.

Depression is real embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:49am On Feb 19, 2022
Depression is real. Many are dying slowly especially under this monumental disaster we have as President. Try to reach out to him or talk to any of his close lecturer friends.

1 Like

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by MVLOX(m): 6:07am On Feb 19, 2022
This your "Lectural" no really well ooo

5 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by shamsin6300(m): 6:11am On Feb 19, 2022
Your lecturer?
Ok oooo
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Shedrack777: 6:14am On Feb 19, 2022
just buy action bitters and give to him to drink, and he'll be alright

3 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by jaeyking(m): 6:25am On Feb 19, 2022
U can reply his status with a
"Truly nothing is in this world"

This can give him a sense of belonging and comfortable.
From there you can kickoff the conversation and at the end if you are very good at psychological matters you can get him to spill the beans..

You can make him feel you are passing through alot to but you are not willing to give up. He will be conjure to say what's eating him

Remember how do you comfort someone if you haven't felt their pain

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by 1Alex: 6:30am On Feb 19, 2022
The "lectural" got me thinking what the future of Nigeria would be.

2 Likes

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:36am On Feb 19, 2022
Lectural

Thought am but am ...

Like lecturer; like student.

That baba is depressed
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by illicit(m): 6:39am On Feb 19, 2022
Go to his office in private
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by polite2(m): 6:40am On Feb 19, 2022
Try and reach out to the "Lectural"

1 Like

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by McGg: 6:46am On Feb 19, 2022
Please try and reach out to him...

Depression is very real and it's usually like longing for someone to hear you out but none could offer a listening ear.

You feel like you're drowning!

You make others happy and tends to smile the most but deep down in you you're just decaying with sadness.

It's a terrible experience.

Please try to get him talking to you who knows you can be the hand that will stop him from drowning
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by ManOfCompetence(m): 6:48am On Feb 19, 2022
Is he a uniben lecturer
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 6:48am On Feb 19, 2022
illicit:
Go to his office in private and give him d best bj

Must you always display your stupidity young man
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 6:49am On Feb 19, 2022
ManOfCompetence:
Is he a uniben lecturer
no sir
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by ManOfCompetence(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2022
Prechgold1180:
no sir

Okay, try and chat up with him, he might open up to you
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by illicit(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Must you always display your stupidity young man

Not always

But u can't spell lecturer
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 6:51am On Feb 19, 2022
polite2:
Try and reach out to the "Lectural"

How I don’t know how to talk to him

He is an authoritarian

1 Like

Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 6:53am On Feb 19, 2022
jaeyking:
U can reply his status with a
"Truly nothing is in this world"

This can give him a sense of belonging and comfortable.
From there you can kickoff the conversation and at the end if you are very good at psychological matters you can get him to spill the beans..

You can make him feel you are passing through alot to but you are not willing to give up. He will be conjure to say what's eating him

Remember how do you comfort someone if you haven't felt their pain

Ok would try hope this won’t affect me
What if gets angry
My result�
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by MrOkenwa(m): 7:21am On Feb 19, 2022
Book an appointment to see him.
Let him know your thought about him.
whether he agree or disagree, get his family/friend involve if you can.
Last resort is to involve the school hospital doctor. They know what to do.
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Prechgold1180(m): 7:23am On Feb 19, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good morning everyone
I don’t know if me posting this here is right

Well I have been following one my school lecturers WhatsApp status and with what I have seen so far I can tell that my lectural needs help maybe he is depressed or something like that

Sometimes you will see messages like I wish I can just go

“ nothing in this world’

Etc

Please what way can I help this man
He is still very young should be in is middle 40s

I don’t know why he is depressed and I can’t ask don’t if it’s wrong
He recently lost is security guard to robbers who invaded his home late last year

Pls nairalanders pls how can I help him

CC: mynd44 Suen lalasticalala
Please help me tag more mods

Lalasticlala
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by majesticguy: 7:32am On Feb 19, 2022
If he's an authoritarian as you claim, then, it might be hard and unwise reaching out to him directly. Is there no other lecturer he's close to? .

There should be one or two lectures he's close to. Reach out to those folks, and tell let em' know your observations as regards your lecturer, they'd comfortably take it from there.
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 19, 2022
Goldbw122:
You have to ask him why he post that kind of message jokely at first, I know you would probably get your answers.. and the seocnd time you ask him make sure that he is relaxing and ask him eye ball to eye ball seriously and you will get your answers..

Jokingly?

Op, don't listen to this idiot.

Depression is not something to joke with.

If you know you have no experience helping people with mental health issues, involve someone who is.
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by jaeyking(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Ok would try hope this won’t affect me
What if gets angry
My result�

Well you having your lecturer's number and been able to see his status proves that they is a little respect between u guys
Re: Help My lecturer Keeps Posting Depressed Messages On His Whatsapp by padi94(m): 7:50am On Feb 19, 2022
Are you a male or a female... I for say make you mind your business, but you see an opportunity you want to take advantage of, so weight the cost and benefit of what you are getting into.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Low-cost/Free Tuition Bachelor's and Master's Programs In Europe / Statistics Of Applicants Applying For Each Course in FUNAAB Admission 2015/2016 / Noun Admission Letter Printing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.