Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer (9644 Views)

HELP!!! Need A Legitimate Online BIZ I Can Do. / Konga Re-launches Pay On Delivery For E-commerce / Teach Me Bitcoins Trading Or Any Online Biz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
Pay on delivery has been the joy of Nigeria online buyer because they feel safe and secure seeing what they want to buy before paying. But at the same time the highest killer of online biz is pay on delivery as a result of customers dubious characters and fault of delivery companies.
Let ME quickly talk about some customer dubious way after contacting you that they want an item and you send it. Some customer after schedule delivery will tell you they are out of town. Some will say they have spent the money, some will not respond to call , SMS and WhatsApp chat making the delivery company to return the item to you. There is a case of a woman i sent item to in borno, only for her to call me the second day that i should wait for next month.
The second is the fault of the delivery companies non chalant attitude. I use kos delivery for my pay on delivery service outside Lagos. But sometimes kos delivery will not bother to even call the customer and they will update the item saying customer not reachable or customer not at location.
Sometimes they will say the only item going towards that route is my own and they are waiting for more item so that they deliver at once or you hear our bus has broken down or driver is not around only for you to notice the item has been schedule for return and the excuse is that they receive mail from their head office that any item in their possesion within some dates should be return without consideration of the fault coming from them.
I once sent item what 25k delivery fee and the items where return due to above mentioned reasons . since then i vow NEVER TO SEND ITEM OUT OF LAGOS ON PAY DELIVERY AGAIN. GOD BLESS NIGERIA DROPSHIPPERS
GOD BLESS NIGERIAN IMPORTERS
GOD BLESS NIGERIAN ONLINE BIZ MANAGERS
GOD BLESS NIGERIA AND GOD BLESS ALL READERS OF THIS POST.

12 Likes

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by DEXTROVERT: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
you are right,
especially KOS
I ordered for an item to be delivered from Lagos to Jigawa state
you won't believe I wasn't called, first time I went there they said it hasn't arrived despite tracking says it had,
I had to return there again with my tracking evidence three days later only to be told it has been assigned for return. I begged them cos we later saw the item with them, they said it's there policy once it's assigned for return it can't be delivered.
I had to get the item elsewhere without delivery fees
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Larry253(m): 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2017
guy u said it all,personally i hav experience similar issue of goods been returned and vow dat any demand outside of lagos must be paid for first!
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Even pay on delivery within your location also has the same problem
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
Larry253:
guy u said it all,personally i hav experience similar issue of goods been returned and vow dat any demand outside of lagos must be paid for first!
Royal155:
Even pay on delivery within your location also has the same problem
DEXTROVERT:
you are right,
especially KOS
I ordered for an item to be delivered from Lagos to Jigawa state
you won't believe I wasn't called, first time I went there they said it hasn't arrived despite tracking says it had,
I had to return there again with my tracking evidence three days later only to be told it has been assigned for return. I begged them cos we later saw the item with them, they said it's there policy once it's assigned for return it can't be delivered.
I had to get the item elsewhere without delivery fees
i thought it was only me ooo before . i send an item to someone in pH the customer has been calling and the people in pH did not even contact them but the customer if they didn't deliver on Monday she will spend the money
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2017
Even payporte has stop pay on delivery
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Shakitibob0: 9:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
manlawal:
Even payporte has stop pay on delivery
That pay on delivery service is something else.. Have you tried FedEx or Courierplus? Someone said they are both good
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by LockMyCash: 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
OP,I can relate. What about customers trying to renegotiate after the item has been shipped or at the point of delivery?What of cases of customers trying to fake bank transfers to unsuspecting sellers?

An escrow service would prevent such occurrences,where buyer ships only when he has been notified that the buyer has made payment.
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
LockMyCash:
OP,I can relate. What about customers trying to renegotiate after the item has been shipped or at the point of delivery?What of cases of customers trying to fake bank transfers to unsuspecting sellers?

An escrow service would prevent such occurrences,where buyer ships only when he has been notified that the buyer has made payment.
I believe you

1 Like

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by migeoart(f): 10:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
I can relate to all you said ! Some customers are really annoying
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by TellMeNothing: 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
Run away from KOS if you like ur business.. KOS wey show my paddy wienn grin

The way i see am Returns is a usual thing in ecommerce but as long as ur proift dae couunt no shakes....

Dont try to stop your E-commerce busines simply because of this challenges, simply look for a reliable and serious Courier..
Courierplus tops the list..
Ace is also good.
My man tex me say him dun find another sure one again GIG logistics or so
etc
You can try any of this and you will be fine.. I currently using Courierplus here in lag and i just started business last month..

I think the best way to learn is to learn from those who dun already experience things... There is a thread by a nairalander escoboss about this same issue and he gave insights on reliable courier(which i listed above amd am using too) how to handle things to always stay in profit.. u may want to check it out

Guy u too take things serious w

E-commerce sweet

1 Like

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2017
TellMeNothing:
Run away from KOS if you like ur business.. KOS wey show my paddy wienn grin

The way i see am Returns is a usual thing in ecommerce but as long as ur proift dae couunt no shakes....

Dont try to stop your E-commerce busines simply because of this challenges, simply look for a reliable and serious Courier..
Courierplus tops the list..
Ace is also good.
My man tex me say him dun find another sure one again GIG logistics or so
etc
You can try any of this and you will be fine.. I currently using Courierplus here in lag and i just started business last month..

I think the best way to learn is to learn from those who dun already experience things... There is a thread by a nairalander escoboss about this same issue and he gave insights on reliable courier(which i listed above amd am using too) how to handle things to always stay in profit.. u may want to check it out

Guy u too take things serious w

E-commerce sweet

Thanks i will check courier ➕
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2017
Escoboss somebody calling your name
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by nohitch: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2017
What I think can be done, is to get the contact of the dispatch from either your customer who might be receiving the details from the courier company or from the courier company itself....now psyche the dispatch that you'll give him something it could be 500 recharge card, if he delivers quickly for you....and watch the rest slide....
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
nohitch:
What I think can be done, is to get the contact of the dispatch from either your customer who might be receiving the details from the courier company or from the courier company itself....now psyche the dispatch that you'll give him something it could be 500 recharge card, if he delivers quickly for you....and watch the rest slide....
Some numbers are not reachable at all you will call the delivery man and his number will completely switched off
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Op, I had to log in with this account to respond to your post. If you do a little profiling on who I am or was, you'll notice that I ran a delivery company and maintained 100% positive reviews throughout my short stay in the business.

Now the challenge comes in many forms; customers, merchants, and delivery companies. Merchants and delivery companies are out to make profit, and anything short of that is a great disservice.

Why did I quit? Although I had internal issues with employees being lazy, I ran 90% of my deliveries myself. If I will be running late, I give a delivery 50% delivery discount to the customer from my purse (most of the customers don't call to tell the merchants this).

But in all of this, Nigerians have this notion that once he's a delivery guy, he is probably poor. And at such they talk to you any how and even shout at you. Customers often don't keep to time. I have had a customer who kept me waiting for 1 hour on an express way. Another called the merchant to say we never called, even after I called and scheduled a delivery. At one point a customer told me point blank that he wanted to see if the items will be delivered. My stories are endless.

Considering all these, the revenue coming in, the lies from customers, merchants not wanting to pay for failed deliveries, etc. I had to move on.

I will be launching an improved solution next year though.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2017
My brother you can see how stupid some people is

1 Like

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please who have any experience of using FedEx red star PLC for pay on delivery here
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by CloudlogNG: 9:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
For your efficient delivery services in the south-south and south eastern states kindly contact Cloud Logistics:

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2017
CloudlogNG:
For your efficient delivery services in the south-south and south eastern states kindly contact Cloud Logistics:
Do you do pay on delivery?
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by CloudlogNG: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
manlawal:

Do you do pay on delivery?
Yes we offer pay on delivery services. Thank you
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2017
CloudlogNG:

Yes we offer pay on delivery services. Thank you
Let me have your charges
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by CloudlogNG: 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2017
manlawal:

Let me have your charges

Kindly send us an email to; info@cloudlog.ng, cc: cloudlognig@yahoo.com [/b]for the comprehensive list of our charges. OR send your email address as an sms to [b]08089962996 so we can forward it to you.
Thank you and best regards.
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Shakitibob0: 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
manlawal:

Let me have your charges
Run from all these unpopular courier companies..Most of them do not have courier licence and can vanish into thin air with the funds collected from your customers

You can try FedEx ...I think they are effective and most transparent.
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by CloudlogNG: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Shakitibob0:
Run from all these unpopular courier companies..Most of them do not have courier licence and can vanish into thin air with the funds collected from your customers

ShakitibobO, I do not think its nice to demarket someone or a company expecially when you have not done any transaction with them.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Mcleo007(m): 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
The issue of payment on delivery can never be over emphasized. It's a huge bane on e-commerce that protects only the interest of the buyer, with little or no protection for the seller. Escrow solution is about the only way out for now, and that, we lack.

2 Likes

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 11:25am On Oct 13, 2017
Shakitibob0:

run is an understatement i have to disappear
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by akaynezi: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
GiG Logistics seems to be the best for now. Very reliable, a bit expensive though.
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Shakitibob0: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
manlawal:
run is an understatement i have to disappear
lol..have you contacted FedEx?
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Shakitibob0: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
akaynezi:
GiG Logistics seems to be the best for now. Very reliable, a bit expensive though.
expensive It is the cheapest so far...ask their staff about the e-commerce package
Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by Shakitibob0: 12:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Mcleo007:
The issue of payment on delivery can never be over emphasized. It's a huge bane on e-commerce that protects only the interest of the buyer, with little or no protection for the seller. Escrow solution is about the only way out for now, and that, we lack.
whether escrow or not, Many customers do not even like to let out their money..They always want to get hold of the items first

1 Like

Re: Pay On Delivery Nigeria Online Biz Killer by manlawal(m): 12:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
Shakitibob0:
lol..have you contacted FedEx?
Yes i was given my log in details today but i cant find the log in page on the website

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘nigerian Women Are Better Borrowers Than Men’ – CBN / The Sun Award: High Chief Dr. Christopher Ndubuisi Emerges Investor of the Year / Enugu Government Shuts ShopRite, SPAR, Other Malls Over Failure To Remit Taxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.