Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? (11705 Views)

Video Of Nigerians Praying For A Faulty Transformer: Dino Melaye Reacts / Daddy Freeze To MFM: Praying For Your Enemies To Die Is Anti-christ Doctrine / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Adaumunocha(f): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2017
greaterlove:

Now that she is dead did all your perceived problems go away?
I don't have perceived problems biko
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2017
amnesty7:
You have answered it by yourself: it's not. Those who constantly remind you about your fictitious enemies on the pulpit are only using psychology to tactically dupe you of your hard-earned money.
Gbam! the truth and nothing but the truth! he who have ears let them hear!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 08, 2017
greaterlove:

Now that she is dead did all your perceived problems go away?
Obviously not, because her problems were never caused by her dead cousin. grin
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2017
whatever happens to forgive and love your enemies as you love yourself? hypocrites!
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by mceze(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2017
OtemSapien:
Why should I obey the commandment of a god like Yahweh when I am a god myself? I god Otem am superior to Yahweh in this era and I am not bound by the philosophy of any god. cool

You are superior to God? Bless me with $10,000 and I will believe you
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by mceze(m): 11:40am On Oct 08, 2017
segunojo866:
if you are really interested, allow me to pm you. I can't talk about it on nairaland it's private smiley

Am interested. Send me email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by OtemSapien: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2017
mceze:

You are superior to God? Bless me with $10,000 and I will believe you

Send me your account number, send Yahweh your account number too and let's see who does it faster. You will be the one to present the bank alert of which of Yahweh and myself sent it first. Whoever sent it to you first is the superior of the two gods in question. Here is my gmail account: otem2016@gmail.com

NB: I am not superior to God Almighty who created Yahweh, but at the moment, I am superior to Yahweh and Allah combined.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by segunojo866: 11:44am On Oct 08, 2017
mceze:

Am interested. Send me email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
am not gay. Get lost
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
spyroet:
stop confusing urself there is only one true GoD his name is jehovah,the alpha and omega he created everything, the father of jesus christ who came to die for our sin.
How do you know this. Sorry you are the one who is confused. The only God that is true and useful to humans is already in them.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Oracle16(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
The Bible says God is Love and the scripture says that He lives in us. If truly he lives in you, you can never, I repeat never see it right to pray for enemies to die. The Holy Spirit in you will surely let you know that it's wrong. If Steven had prayed for the death of Saul while he was stoned to death, Saul might have not had the opportunity to repent and serve the Lord. As a Christian, it is absolutely wrong, unless you are practicing Judaism, then you can say such prayers, but note that you are outside the grace and not saved.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Oracle16(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ezarazo:
Well, I know I've seen a place in the bible that says "suffer not the witch to live" and I've also seen a place that says "pray for your enemies by doing so you are heaping a coal of fire on them" and I remember when growing up we used to say "may my enemies live long to see what I will be in future"

The 2nd covenant started when Christ died on the cross. The scripture you quoted "suffer not the witch to live" is under the first covenant. Under the 2nd covenant, we live according to the commands of Jesus and He preached love. Unless you are practicing Judaism, then the prayer can go, but as a Christian, it's not Christ-like. Please, pray for understanding. Do not perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oracle16:
The Bible says God is Love and the scripture says that He lives in us. If truly he lives in you, you can never, I repeat never see it right to pray for enemies to die. The Holy Spirit in you will surely let you know that it's wrong. If Steven had prayed for the death of Saul while he was stoned to death, Saul might have not had the opportunity to repent and serve the Lord. As a Christian, it is absolutely wrong, unless you are practicing Judaism, then you can say such prayers, but note that you are outside the grace and not saved.
The bible says many things This is from Psalm 109

Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser[a] stand at his right hand.
When he is judged, let him be found guilty,
And let his prayer become sin.
Let his days be few,
And let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless,
And his wife a widow.
Let his children continually be vagabonds, and beg;
Let them seek their bread[b] also from their desolate places.
Let the creditor seize all that he has,
And let strangers plunder his labor.
Let there be none to extend mercy to him,
Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
Let his posterity be cut off,
And in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord,
And let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
Let them be continually before the Lord,
That He may cut off the memory of them from the earth;
Because he did not remember to show mercy,
But persecuted the poor and needy man,
That he might even slay the broken in heart.
As he loved cursing, so let it come to him;
As he did not delight in blessing, so let it be far from him.
As he clothed himself with cursing as with his garment,
So let it enter his body like water,
And like oil into his bones.
Let it be to him like the garment which covers him,
And for a belt with which he girds himself continually.
Let this be the Lord’s reward to my accusers,
And to those who speak evil against my person.

But You, O GOD the Lord,
Deal with me for Your name’s sake;
Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
For I am poor and needy,
And my heart is wounded within me.
I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
I am shaken off like a locust.
My knees are weak through fasting,
And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
I also have become a reproach to them;
When they look at me, they shake their heads.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Oracle16(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2017
aribisala0:

The bible says many things This is from Psalm 109

Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser[a] stand at his right hand.
When he is judged, let him be found guilty,
And let his prayer become sin.
Let his days be few,
And let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless,
And his wife a widow.
Let his children continually be vagabonds, and beg;
Let them seek their bread[b] also from their desolate places.
Let the creditor seize all that he has,
And let strangers plunder his labor.
Let there be none to extend mercy to him,
Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
Let his posterity be cut off,
And in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord,
And let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
Let them be continually before the Lord,
That He may cut off the memory of them from the earth;
Because he did not remember to show mercy,
But persecuted the poor and needy man,
That he might even slay the broken in heart.
As he loved cursing, so let it come to him;
As he did not delight in blessing, so let it be far from him.
As he clothed himself with cursing as with his garment,
So let it enter his body like water,
And like oil into his bones.
Let it be to him like the garment which covers him,
And for a belt with which he girds himself continually.
Let this be the Lord’s reward to my accusers,
And to those who speak evil against my person.

But You, O GOD the Lord,
Deal with me for Your name’s sake;
Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
For I am poor and needy,
And my heart is wounded within me.
I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
I am shaken off like a locust.
My knees are weak through fasting,
And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
I also have become a reproach to them;
When they look at me, they shake their heads.

Like I stated before, that was under the law, before the death of Christ. It was under the 1st covenant. The 2nd covenant started when Jesus shed His blood, right from the time He said "It is finished". Under the 2nd covenant as Christians, such prayers are very wrong. Christian means Christ-like, that means we live like Christ and He didn't teach that. Trust me when I said 90% of Christians are misled. Pray for understanding and you will marvel at the revelations you will receive.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oracle16:

Like I stated before, that was under the law, before the death of Christ. It was under the 1st covenant. The 2nd covenant started when Jesus shed His blood, right from the time He said "It is finished". Under the 2nd covenant as Christians, such prayers are very wrong. Christian means Christ-like, that means we live like Christ and He didn't teach that. Trust me when I said 90% of Christians are misled. Pray for understanding and you will marvel at the revelations you will receive.
So the psalms are cancelled? please simply answer Yes or no or do I need to consult you about those bits that are "under the law" and those that are not?.
To me it appears many of you so called Christians are confused

The same bible says this
God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?

For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

The word of God it says stands forever so if it is changing or changeable the is it really the word of God

You are the one that needs understanding because you are clearly indoctrinated. Everything you say is programmed and predictable. I know exactly what you are going to say because it is all SCRIPTED.
The truth is that Christianity is a European creation added on to the New Testament because Europeans needed to modify Judaism to fit their life style, They did not wish to adopt circumcision,polygamy and several other practices and wanted to continue eating pork.
Let me ask you and other Nigerian Christians

Why are you circumcised and why do you circumcise your children

I will tell you : You don't know why you do this because you "DO NOT THINK" rather you just "do follow follow" without ever asking serious questions or doing deep thinking and that is why you accept the ancient foolishness that a woman got pregnant by God and had a child who died for your sins.

Essentially you made a man into a deity which is OK but do recognize that it is no different from what the Yorubas were doing with Ogun,with Sango and so on with their own myths just like that of Mary and immaculate conception. But Ogun is an idol while Jesus on the cross is not? It is indeed funny what has happened in Africa with Christian indoctrination
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Zinny25(f): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
Any uncle, aunt, brother, sister, friend that say I will not make it Die in JESUS name. The Bible say suffer not the witch to live. The days are gone when we pray for our enemies to live and see what we shall become in future... My dear if your enemy doesn't die you won't achieve anything, you won't get to your God desired destination unless God intervenes. My enemies don't need to live to see what I shall become
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Is it not funny how your pastors do not remember that the TITHE doctrine was enacted "UNDER THE LAW"
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by freeze22(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no delight in the death of anyone, declares the sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but prefer that the wicked change his behavior and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil deeds! Why should you die, O house of Israel?’ 

2Pet 3:9
The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
freeze22:
Ezekiel 18:32
For I take no delight in the death of anyone, declares the sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

Ezekiel 33:11
Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but prefer that the wicked change his behavior and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil deeds! Why should you die, O house of Israel?’ 

2Pet 3:9
The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some regard slowness, but is being patient toward you, because he does not wish for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
We can all agree that the bible contradicts itself several times. We who read the bible know this and so we recognize that it is the word of men not God. It is full of useful words and others that are .........not so useful just like any other creation of men.
God did not write the Bible or Quran or any books for that matter. That is all done by men
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Oracle16(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
aribisala0:
So the psalms are cancelled? please simply answer Yes or no or do I need to consult you about those bits that are "under the law" and those that are not?.
To me it appears many of you so called Christians are confused

The same bible says this
God is not a man, that he might lie, or a son of man, that he might change his mind. Does he speak and not act, or promise and not fulfill?

For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever.

The word of God it says stands forever so if it is changing or changeable the is it really the word of God

You are the one that needs understanding because you are clearly indoctrinated. Everything you say is programmed and predictable. I know exactly what you are going to say because it is all SCRIPTED.
The truth is that Christianity is a European creation added on to the New Testament because Europeans needed to modify Judaism to fit their life style, They did not wish to adopt circumcision,polygamy and several other practices and wanted to continue eating pork.
Let me ask you and other Nigerian Christians

Why are you circumcised and why do you circumcise your children

I will tell you : You don't know why you do this because you "DO NOT THINK" rather you just "do follow follow" without ever asking serious questions or doing deep thinking and that is why you accept the ancient foolishness that a woman got pregnant by God and had a child who died for your sins.

Essentially you made a man into a deity which is OK but do recognize that it is no different from what the Yorubas were doing with Ogun,with Sango and so on with their own myths just like that of Mary and immaculate conception. But Ogun is an idol while Jesus on the cross is not? It is indeed funny what has happened in Africa with Christian indoctrination

Lies of Satan. Please, do not quote me again, since you already know what am going to say. Enjoy what you know and let me be with mine. I am a Christian and Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior. I thought I was chatting with a Christian.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by aribisala0(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oracle16:

Lies of Satan. Please, do not quote me again, since you already know what am going to say. Enjoy what you know and let me be with mine. I am a Christian and Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior. I thought I was chatting with a Christian.
Why not quote you? Stop talking on this thread and I won't quote you.
The only place you can encounter Satan is the exact same place you can encounter God. They are always ,I repeat always together
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by freeze22(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
aribisala0:

We can all agree that the bible contradicts itself several times. We who read the bible know this and so we recognize that it is the word of men not God. It is full of useful words and others that are .........not so useful just like any other creation of men.
God did not write the Bible or Quran or any books for that matter. That is all done by men

Sorry brother, we cannot all agree. That should be your opinion I guess.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Roseey0(f): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
Just pray the prayer they say for you.
If death, they themselves will die
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by kenny714433(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
Only village witches.

Shekau included.

Even our politicians that milk d country dry.

Even skull miners

Infact yes
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Rick9(m): 2:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
The new law admonishes us to pray for our enemies.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Lex11(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
No!

Love Your Enemies
You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:43-45
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by drumme: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Like 19:27 Jesus Christ himself prayed that his enemies be killed before him.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by khristal87(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ppl fail to understand dt we ve d physical enemy(dt s nt really d cause f dia problems) n d spiritual enemies(we wrestle nt against flesh bt against principalities n rulers of the powers of darkness), now cn u kill d devil?
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by SmartchoiceNGR: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
AuroraB:
Oh? Didn't know ooooo
I'm Catholic, we don't do it smiley
You're here with your stinky pucci.... awful fish smell.

1 Like

Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Marioplus(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
Christians pray for the repentance of human beings they present themselves as 'enemies' {Mtt.5:43-48}
according to Jesus Christ teachings.
Christians have the ability of Jesus Christ to cast 'evil-spirits'{devil and evil-spirits} in men{wicked/possessed} or environments out to designated areas {deserts} as the angels of God bounds them in chains {Tobit 8:3} until Jesus Christ comes again to cast them into the Pit of abyss.
suffer not the witch to live; a witch is an evil-spirit not a human being so you cast the demon out of a living human being to where they belong in order to help that human being to regain as well as enjoy the liberation that JESUS CHRIST gives to human beings thus "for this was the Son of Man made manifest to destroy the works of darkness" {1 John 3:8}
JESUS CHRIST came on earth to set mankind free from the bondage of Sin and the devil, he did not come to kill human beings rather set us free and destroy the works of devil, wickedness, death, sin, evil, un-forgiveness e.t.c from our lives thus "The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]." {John 10:10}
The Name JESUS means "He will deliver his brothers and sisters from Sin and bondage of the devil" {Matthew 1:21}
Those who believe in Jesus Christ also carry his Spirit to deliver others from sin, consequences of sin and the bondage placed on men by the devil thus Christians are Christ-like through consistent knowledge of His Word written in the Holy Bible.
Anyone who refuses to repent from his/her sins as well as surrender to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of his/her life has already chosen death {untimely death/eternal damnation} by default. Since this decision most times are made because of Ignorance, those who have come to the knowledge of this RISKY DECISION should take part in praying for sinners/unbelievers as well as sharing the Good-News of Jesus Christ to every human being in order to allow the Holy Spirit to lead souls to repentance and genuine Conversion of Sinners.
We are therefore invited to regular meditation on the Word of God written in the Holy Bible and Consistent Evangelization to the whole world under the leading of the Holy Spirit.
May the Holy Spirit grow us in his Grace and Faith in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by Gudlite: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Practically when people pray die by fire it means the power, spirit behind the challenge to let me go.At same time God that said pray for your enemies did not give us prayer point.but the conclusion of the matter is stop them before they stop you.God Himself is a man of war and a killer. Ask Anaias and sapphira.Then He advice Us put on the whole armour of war. In every war there must be a victim and a victor.Your prayer pattern decides what you want to be.Life is a battle.
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by MightyHand(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
HELL NO
just a shameful thing to see how our Christianity has so degraded overtime..
Jesus told us to love and pray for our enemies.
Jesus admonished us that anyone who thinks or speaks evil against another is guilty of murder...

but our churches pray and fast for our enemies to die by fire, they go back to the old testament to talk of how Moses accusers were destroyed, and how Elisha destroyed the children that laughed at him
but fail to dwell on Jesus admonishment that we should turn the other cheek...that we should go the extra mile.
die by fire, die by fire, !!those are the echoes we hear wen we pass by churches...
I wonder how Jesus who mandated us to love selflessly will be ready to take our prayers to God and tell him to help us in killing and destroying our enemies.
Jesus spent his whole life preaching about love, even on the cross... but you come online to nairaland and you see the level of hate seething from people who claim to be Christian, followers of Christ. Christ whom on the cross told God to forgive us his Murderers.... but Xtians especially on this forum show some high level of hate toward other ethnicity and religion, and its always very despicable...

you can tell me to remove the log from my eye or u can examine urlife and that of Christ to see if really you are his/her follower..
but for me, i hv delivered my own sermon.

happy Sunday.
drops mic

Eledua o ni je ori ogun ota. Even the law of our land permit Self defence. when an enemy go to extral mile to attack you nd your only weapon is in christ jesus, can you pray for his peace? No!
No peace for the witch
Re: Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 5:40pm On Oct 08, 2017
MightyHand:

Eledua o ni je ori ogun ota. Even the law of our land permit Self defence. when an enemy go to extral mile to attack you nd your only weapon is in christ jesus, can you pray for his peace? No!
No peace for the witch

are you now a follower of the laws of your land ? or a Christian, a follower of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ?

if the laws of our land is Good, then lets follow it and abide by the eye for and eye, but if Jesus is Goodthen let's follow him with our mind and body... u can''t follow Jesus and your ancestors at the same time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.