Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede (40140 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: Mikel, Ighalo, Ekong, Balogun, Ndidi, Iheanacho Arrived Camp / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Myself2(m): 1:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
LIES LIES LIES LIES

The reporter is a liar

Accepted he was probably manhandled by the security men and maybe he lost some money yesterday, but he did not need to lie Coe even in his report HE COULD NOT CATEGORICALLY SAY THAT HE SAW A SINGLE CORPSE rather all he saw WERE WOUNDED PEOPLE BEING PUT IN THE AMBULANCE

Nonsensical reporter

In fact I'm sure the idiot bet that 10k that Nigeria will not win the game and as him bet9ja ticket don cut nahh, the ode begin write fake news.

Shame to all fake news reporters, both in the US and here in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by eikenberry(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
After struggling to see a match, you ended up struggling with your life... But, as much as humans are the most difficult to control, I think this security agents need proper training on how to deal with issues like this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by franudi: 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Tolexander:
Why the misleading caption?
And you trust the police with their lies.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Vado(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
ROYALFIXED3001:

you can make it today
dont depend on anybody
be the boss of your own

So you have 79 million in ya accanty but still need our 20k?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Coloradvantage(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Nigerians are easily treated like animals by these bloody sojas...I think its time sojas should be caught and beaten at corners nationwide to inflict fear on them so they start acting right.
yes I support this very very much.... but I think it is the hang over of the military rule back then... this trend must be in most African countries... so so bad! no one truly respect this bleeps... its total fear! and when you see reasons why ppl want to join the army.., I just feel this thing is not going to go so easily! the leadership of this hoodlums ... some of this hoodlums rather!!! should re orientate them... about the ethics of modern military and security jobs!

it is shameful... even the SARS... and the overall part of the police force..., mehnn! the masses are fans are so crude and in organised! everyone here feels and loves to rush rush rush.., some times when I am amidst this kind of situation I just shake my head and move out! they will be like obey this life na for sharp people oo! if you dull nothing for you! Paul still deh out side.., lol! but when it calls for true sharpness they all turn sheeps and clueless!!! crude Africans! most of them need a mental re alignment! I mean the crude once!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by abilemi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
Na lie abeg

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Tobycharles: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Nigerians are easily treated like animals by these bloody sojas...I think its time sojas should be caught and beaten at corners nationwide to inflict fear on them so they start acting right.

"Soldiers"
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by bamasite(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by manova(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
I can confirm the stampede. Scores were injured and people were even tear-gased.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by jvera(f): 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nigerians sha and there fake news didn't see any dead body,all i noticed they stopped fans from entering d stadium cos everywhere was filled up but pple were still struggling there way in....in d long run some pple most definitely injure
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by sepalapen(m): 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2017
Where are those laughing south east about python dance no problem crocodile smile will soon reach all corner o .
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by mekanaky: 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
kcy:
misleading topic
this no lie.
thats the exactly the attitude of soldiers. it happened in our match against Cameroon.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Spandy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2017
This is what happens when people try to forcefully gain entrance into the stadium without buying tickets. Nigerians and free things are like 5&6
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by buffalowings: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
How many half caste dey our team now
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by kereman1: 2:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
which way naija. wat are soldiers doing manning d gate of a stadium.
NA now leaves trails of corpses wherever dey go
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by slamkobe(m): 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
FCKEN LIES. there's was rush though but no stampede cases were reported please. na only you been go nest of champions?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Nigeriadondie: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Sadly, most Nigerians are cowards and in crowds cant take advantage of numbers to have dealt with those beasts in uniform.
Although some Nigerians can be have like animals.

I recall during the botched Nigerian Immigrarion Recruitment, I was in d Old Onikan main bowl stadium for my exercise when a naval rating slapped an applicant. I and a few friends with others confronted d navy guy. In a split second he got a slap from behind not long was almost killed that day but thanks to d timely intervention of the armed Immigration Police. However, we felt ok we had beaten, slapped and kicked d animal in that military guy.

That was a recruitment exercise for Immigration, Civil Defense and Fire Service wetin come concern navy for there. Nigerian military have always seen civilians as less humans with lives of little value than theirs.
If not d cowardice in many Nigerians, some if the soldiers can actually be beaten in a fist-to-fist contest forget uniform and gun. I ve seen a good example of a civilian beating d living day light of a soldier who in d long run being d coward he is called d phone for armed reinforcement.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by arsenal33: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
There are Nigerians that behave like animals too
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by israelmao(m): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
If Nigerian Police Force were really playing its primary roles and up to the task, did we really need soldiers in such an event?
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by pokipoki: 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
The right word is soldiers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by mamachizzy(f): 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
my entire knee got seriously bruised. we are not organised in this Nigeria at all. people were just stepping on people. some used the opportunity to steal phones. I was just begging God not to die cos I could not even breath. nawa oooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by chichichilolo1(f): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Stampede no be here
Thank God I survived
Those soldiers were heartless imagineopening only one entrance for thousands of people to go in why won't there be stampede.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by chichichilolo1(f): 2:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
mamachizzy:
my entire knee got seriously bruised. we are not organised in this Nigeria at all. people were just stepping on people. some used the opportunity to steal phones. I was just begging God not to die cos I could not even breath. nawa oooo
my sister I saw death flashing before me.
I couldn't breathe as well.
Thank God
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by chichichilolo1(f): 2:51pm On Oct 08, 2017
Spandy:
This is what happens when people try to forcefully gain entrance into the stadium without buying tickets. Nigerians and free things are like 5&6
Even people with tickets were trapped outside.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2017
WowSweetGuy:
Broza you should lead them to catch and beat the soldiers.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by chichichilolo1(f): 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
slamkobe:
FCKEN LIES. there's was rush though but no stampede cases were reported please. na only you been go nest of champions?
just keep quiet if you are not sure of something because they was a stampede and many got injured,some collapsed.
I was caught in the stampede too.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by humblelyf(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
This is a first hand narrative from my friend about what happened at the stadium yesterday, you can check the guy up on Facebook if you want.

Don't call a news false outrightly because you don't want to believe it.

Mbaneme Obiefuna Nzube
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by ibrownibe: 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nobody is given the stadium a bad name as some of you wrote but is good for us to be truthful in our write ups. The incident that occurred yesterday was too bad. I witnessed it life. We all had our ticket the security agencies that were there were all incompetent. The police spread teargas on us, not only that the army men were busy flogging US while giving conflicting instructions. They lacked crowd control management. The stampede occurred when they opened the gate for some men that just came claiming they were politician, that was when people then forced their way in that resulted to the stampede. I blaim the road safety, police, army and the civil defence officer that were there yesterday. They really disgraced the country as if they were not well trained. We even gave them suggestions on how to control the small crowd before the ugly incident occurred but they kept deaf ears.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by Johnsmartinyang(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
emma321:

The incident happened while football fans were trying to enter the stadium during the World Cup qualifier against Zambia.

The fans were allegedly beaten by soldiers at the gates of the stadium with heavy sticks.

According to Punch, the stampede occurred as the crowd tried to avoid the soldiers’ sticks.

The newspaper reports that bloodstains were around the gate of the stadium, while policemen and personnel of the Federal Road Safety Corps were seen standing beside some unconscious fans.

Some of the fans claimed they escaped death by the whiskers.

A female fan, Aniema Ekong, said, “I thank God that I’m alive. This is not the first time this kind of incident had occurred. In fact, in every major tournament, there is always a tale of woes to tell about security agents injuring or killing people.”

Another fan who identified himself as Chukwudi, said his girlfriend was severely injured by the security personnel manning the gate.

He said, “I don’t know why there is always trouble in this stadium.”

Ambulances were seen conveying injured persons to the hospital.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Elkana Bala, however, claimed that no one died.

He told the newspaper, “It is confirmed that nobody died. But some persons were injured while struggling to gain access into the stadium. The injured persons were taken to hospital for medical attention.”

Photos: http://anstalk.com/nigeria-vs-zambia-five-feared-dead-scores-injured-stadium-stampede/

lalasticlala
You shld be ashamed of yourself for this fake news...you want to cook up lies in other to discredit that stadium but your lazy attempt is Dead On Arrival.....so shameful...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by richeso: 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
this news is fake and the poster should be arrested.

the idiots are making fighting hard to give bad name to Akwa Ibom, that's their usual tactics .. when anything good want to come to the south they will cook up a fake stories to scare away good people and investors.

evil people. bastards !!!

there are more credible news platforms to hear such if its true. because governors and ministers where there. funny enough after the match i stayed with friends having fun close by for about 2 hours. no such rubbish happen.
the bastard sons of devil with their multiple identity are at work again to discredit anything South.

and the mod who post this to front page without any credible evidence or reports from a reliable source is also a bastard!.
now am beginning to hate NL , full of biased people at the moderating level.
Re: Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede by slamkobe(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
chichichilolo1:
just keep quiet if you are not sure of something because they was a stampede and many got injured,some collapsed.
I was caught in the stampede too.

i dunk keep quiet na. sorry ma. buy ticket wunna no gree. so I guess she's right abt people that died. ��

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Premier League Teams And Their Stadiums| Cotenant.ng / Ben Gray Visits Ajegunle, Nigeria, Surrounded By Security Men - Photos / Achilles, The Psychic Cat Predicts Nigeria Will Beat Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.