Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland (856 Views)

Atiku’s Withdrawal From The Debate Is A Tactical Masterstroke! - Farooq Kperogi / How PDP's Peter Obi Won The Debate Against Osinbajo with Facts / See The Debate That Currently Set Twitte And Facebook On Fire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by Baboski4real(m): 9:12am On Oct 08, 2017
We need TRUE CHANGE WITHIN CHANGE in this country. we must put an end to this endless recycling of polititians. obviously, some of this politicians have been there forever with nothing to offer their constituents.

We must think about the political strategy to ensure true change in the polity. This state of hopelessness must come to an end. lets stop chasing shadow of the wrong enemy while the damage continues unabatted.

Giving the political clime, it may be hard to envisage. But still thats the best possible opportunity we have to make things work. this country has all that matter for a decent level of development and confort for those willing to sweat it out.

Lets start from somewhere atleast exchanging ideas on the way foword. instead of blamming someone for our individual and collective misfortune.

"MAY GOD SAVE US FROM ENEMIES WITHIN AND WITHOUT"

1 Like

Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by NigerDeltan(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2017
Atiku 2019
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by Horlufemi(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
politicians are politicians because they have support.

remove the support and they fade away.

they are like gods. a good is as powerful as it's followers. remove all the followers and they die a natural death.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by Horlufemi(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2017
NigerDeltan:
Atiku 2019
God forbid

1 Like

Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by IJOBA2: 9:21am On Oct 08, 2017
Baboski4real:
[s]We need TRUE CHANGE WITHIN CHANGE in this country. we must put an end to this endless recycling of polititians. obviously, some of this politicians have been there forever with nothing to offer their constituents.

We must think about the political strategy to ensure true change in the polity. This state of hopelessness must come to an end. lets stop chasing shadow of the wrong enemy while the damage continues unabatted.

Giving the political clime, it may be hard to envisage. But still thats the best possible opportunity we have to make things work. this country has all that matter for a decent level of development and confort for those willing to sweat it out.

Lets start from somewhere atleast exchanging ideas on the way foword. instead of blamming someone for our individual and collective misfortune.

"MAY GOD SAVE US FROM ENEMIES WITHIN AND WITHOUT[/s]"
TRASH angry NIGERIA IS A SECULAR COUNTRY. I DONT NEED TO SWEAR THAT "THERE IS NO god BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET" BEFORE CAN USE ANY SECTION OF NAIRALAND. ONCE AGAIN, NIGERIA IS NOT AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC angry
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by bakila: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
WE MUST START FROM NAIRALAND FIRST angry
SEUN OSEWA IF YOU TRUELY LOVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH THEN YOU MUST REMOVE THAT ISLAMIC OATH.
Your derailing this thread is why Seun should not heed your demand.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2017
How can we have freedom of any kind in Nigeria when in an anonymous community like Nairaland opinions are stifled by the ruling elite MODs? Where You have to swear your allegiance before your can comment in some sections.

I posted an article "monetization of social media" and probably said some things that got under someone's skin, the article was deleted by a MOD in less than 10 minutes of posting. Mind you, the article contained no explicit language, pictures or hate speech in any guise but questions some may be scared to even think of.

Check my signature for the link.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2017
bakila:

So some sections of Nairaland are sacred?

If Nigeria is a secular country, and we are expected to live, debate, and work together irrespective of religious affiliations. What is the justification for forcing people to take Islamic oath before commenting on some issues on nairaland?

Meaning you are free to roam within the confines of your prison cell.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by IJOBA2: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2017
bakila:

SHUT UPangry
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by IJOBA2: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2017
menxer:
How can we have freedom of any kind in Nigeria when in an anonymous community like Nairaland opinions are stifled by the ruling elite MODs? Where You have to swear your allegiance before your can comment in some sections.

I posted an article "monetization of social media" and probably said some things that got under someone's skin, the article was deleted by a MOD in less than 10 minutes of posting. Mind you, the article contained no explicit language, pictures or hate speech in any guise but questions some may be scared to even think of.

Check my signature for the link.
RE-CREATE THE THREAD
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
RE-CREATE THE THREAD

It's already recreated, follow the link in my signature.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by IJOBA2: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2017
menxer:

It's already recreated, follow the link in my signature.
OGA CREATE A THREAD HERE ON NAIRALAND
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
OGA CREATE A THREAD HERE ON NAIRALAND

I guess by now you should know there are things you can't say on nairaland, which informs the idea to swear allegiance first before commenting on some topics, any attempt to by-pass that would cause your comments or thread to be deleted.

Besides I am enjoying the freedom of movement in my Nairaland prison cell, it's better than out right ban. grin
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by bakila: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2017
menxer:

So some sections of Nairaland are sacred?

If Nigeria is a secular country, and we are expected to live, debate, and work together irrespective of religious affiliations. What is the justification for forcing people to take Islamic oath before commenting on some issues on nairaland?

Meaning you are free to roam within the confines of your prison cell.
A Christian Chatbox is there, go do your thing on it. This is Nairaland not Ministry of Justice, if you do not want it rules, start a new hobby such as Star-gazing, animal husbandary or betnaija.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by bakila: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
SHUT UPangry
...and you are complaining of censorship. I use my hands to type so you are off-point. Again, you are derailing.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2017
bakila:

A Christian Chatbox is there, go do your thing on it. This is Nairaland not Ministry of Justice, if you do not want it rules, start a new hobby such as Star-gazing, animal husbandary or betnaija.

Yes, I did just that if you check my signature. grin
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by bakila: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2017
menxer:

Yes, I did just that if you check my signature. grin
Why should I leave this thread and travel to your signature? Bros you are not that important.
Thank you.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
bakila:

Why should I leave this thread and travel to your signature? Bros you are not that important.
Thank you.
That depends on what you mean by "important"

You told me to do something and I pointed you to where you can find that I did it already.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by bakila: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
menxer:

That depends on what you mean by "important"

You told me to do something and I pointed you to where you can find that I did it already.
Bros you are derailing. You cut and paste here if you want it to gain audience.
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by efighter: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
TRASH angry NIGERIA IS A SECULAR COUNTRY. I DONT NEED TO SWEAR THAT "THERE IS NO god BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMAD IS HIS PROPHET" BEFORE CAN USE ANY SECTION OF NAIRALAND. ONCE AGAIN, NIGERIA IS NOT AN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC angry

Pls is Nairaland Nigeria's property? Were you forced to post on Nairaland? Did the owner of Nairaland tell you that Nairaland is a secular site? Will you be arrested or charged to court if you stop logging to Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by IJOBA2: 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
efighter:

Pls is Nairaland Nigeria's propert? Were you forced to post on Nairaland? Did the owner of Nairaland tell you that Nairaland is a secular site? Will you be arrested or charged to court if you stop logging to Nairaland?
YOU ARE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE
Re: The Debate That Should Matter On Nairaland by menxer: 5:40am On Oct 09, 2017
bakila:

Bros you are derailing. You cut and paste here if you want it to gain audience.

Maybe you misunderstood me, I posted here and it was deleted, what makes you think it would not be deleted again, if I repost?

(1) (Reply)

Ibadan Summit Is A Politicians Evil Gang-up Ever In The History Of Nigeria! / Nigeria Has Been "Islamised Systematically" - Femi Fani-kayode Cries Out / See Video Of Dr. Orji Kalu Dancing At Massive APC Rally In Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.