Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,192 members, 7,860,267 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

The Apostles Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Apostles Of Jesus Christ (336 Views)

Here Is How The Apostles Of Jesus Died / Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Book Of Acts (Learn from the Apostles & the early church) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Apostles Of Jesus Christ by pastorkc4life: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2017
TEXT:"PETER, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,"-1 Peter 1:1

An apostle is a person who strongly believes in a policy or an idea and tries to make other people believe in it. Therefore, an apostle of Jesus Christ is any of the twelve men that Jesus chose, to tell people about him and his teachings. An apostle is also called: a bishop, Acts 1:20; an elder, 1 Peter 5:1; an overseer, Acts 20:28; etc.

Jesus called the twelve apostles at different times: Peter, Andrew, James, and John were all called during their fishing business, Matthew 4:18-22; Matthew or Levi was called in the custom office, Matthew 9:9; Luke 5:27; Philip and Nathaniel were called when Jesus went to Galilee, John 1:43-51, etc.

And in those days, Jesus went out into a mountain to pray, and he continued all night in prayer to God. And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples, and ordained twelve men, that they should be with him, and that he might send them to preach. And that they might have the power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils.

Now! The names of the twelve apostles are: Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip; and Bartholomew; Thomas; and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus; and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite; and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, ...Matthew 10:5-42.

The twelve apostles became the leaders in the church at Jerusalem. And just as the prophets were the first people to receive the word of God, and did write the books, in the Old Testament. The apostles too, were the first people to receive the word of God, and also wrote the books, in the New Testament. The apostles and the prophets were the foundation of the household of God, Ephesians 2:19-22.

Furthermore, when Judas died, and he needed to be replaced. Peter with the disciples, conducted an election, and Mathias was chosen, Acts 1:15-26. I call this, the choice of man, because Paul was an apostle, Romans 1:1.

The twelve apostles were called and chosen by Jesus Christ. Paul was also called and chosen by Jesus Christ, Acts 9:4, 5, 15. The apostles were ordained by Jesus Christ, and they were sent to preach, to heal the sick, and to cast out devils. Paul was also sent out, Acts 13:1-4, to preach, to heal, and to cast out demons. He did all these and many more.

Moreover, the twelve apostles were to be witnesses for Jesus from Jerusalem, to all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth, Acts 1:8. But, they remained in Jerusalem, Acts 8:1; Galatians 2:8, 9. Paul with Barnabas, and later with Silas, fulfilled that command.

Paul did the work that the twelve apostles would have done. No wonder he said, he laboured more abundantly than all, 1 Corinthians 15:9, 10. Paul needs to be commended! However, while Mathias was the choice of man, Paul was the choice of God, through Jesus Christ.

In addition, the names of the twelve apostles that were written on the foundations of the wall of the holy city, Revelation 21:14. The name of apostle Paul was one them.

Furthermore, there is an office of an apostle today. This office, is not a block of building, but service to humanity. Any Christian, who so desires, can serve in this office. But, that does not make the Christian an apostle, as in bearing the title of an apostle. The qualifications for this office are outlined in the Bible: 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9.

Apart from the office of the apostle, there are also the offices of the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. Any Christian can function in any of these offices as the need arises. Again I repeat, that does not make such a Christian bear any of the names of those offices as a title, except that of the pastors and teachers. This is so because, we have had prophets, Acts 11:27-30; apostles, Luke 6:12-16; evangelists, Acts 21:8; but we are yet to have pastors.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Pastor K. C.
Re: The Apostles Of Jesus Christ by AntiWailer: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Christian related posts are thrown open while I must confirm that I am a Muslim before posting on any post that has Muslim in it.

Stupid posts like Muslim women dancing one corner.

Seun and the mods need to do something about this.

The forum need to be a secular forum and not some Islamic forum.

Seun claims to be an Atheist but every rule seems to confirm that he is simply a MUSLIM.

This is what I will paste in all xtian related post until something is done about it.

Pls join me in this protest and do the same.

The Demands :

Remove the creed we must recite before we comment o Muslim posts or put "I accept that Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and saviour" before you submit a xtian post

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Representing God? / What Christian Leader Should Do / Believe It Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.