Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Five Feared Dead, Stampede In Nigeria Vs Zambia At The Uyo Stadium - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Five Feared Dead, Stampede In Nigeria Vs Zambia At The Uyo Stadium (413 Views)

Libya Team Arrive Uyo Stadium After Rejecting Hotel Provided By NFF. Photos / Nigeria Vs Zambia: Five Feared Dead, Scores Injured During Stadium Stampede / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Feared Dead, Stampede In Nigeria Vs Zambia At The Uyo Stadium by Rex123(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2017
Five people were feared dead while scores sustained serious injuries on Saturday following a stampede at the entrance of Godswill Akpabio International Stadium in Uyo , the Akwa Ibom State capital .
The incident occurred while football enthusiasts tried to enter the stadium.

The fans , who were at the stadium to watch a match between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and the Chipolopo of Zambia were allegedly beaten by soldiers at the gates of the stadium with heavy sticks.
The stampede occured as the crowd tried to avoid the soldiers ’ sticks.
The bloodstains were around the gate of the stadium .
Policemen and personnel of the Federal Road Safety Corps were seen standing beside some unconscious fans .

The Punch Correspondent , who lost N 10 ,000 in the stampede, was also assaulted by one of the soldiers with a big stick .
Some of the fans who spoke with our correspondent and vowed never to go to the stadium again , said they escaped death by the whiskers .

Lalasticlala

http://www.kgnosis.com/2017/10/five-feared-dead-stampede-in-nigeria-vs.html?m=1

Re: Five Feared Dead, Stampede In Nigeria Vs Zambia At The Uyo Stadium by matrixA(m): 11:24am On Oct 08, 2017
...and tha one no consain the players o...
Re: Five Feared Dead, Stampede In Nigeria Vs Zambia At The Uyo Stadium by doctimonyeka(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2017
Something 'evil' will always want to overshadow whatsoever unites us as a country..... God will help us.. I won't blame anyone.. I can only pray and wish for the best for my dear country..

(1) (Reply)

Predict And Win #15,000: Tottenham Vs Liverpool / I Believes ‘everything Is More Difficult’ At Chelsea This Season - Marcos Alonso / Bizarre Officiating Denies Barca, As LA Liga Considers VAR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.