Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,428 members, 7,830,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? (1030 Views)

Man Gifts Wife A Car For Staying With Him When He Had Just A Motorcycle / Man's Mother Gets ₦5000 From His Sister's ₦300,000 Bride Price / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Gettreadyy(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
I really need a car for mobility, but I don't have much so my question is can I buy a good car for #300.000 and what kind of car can I get for that amount and where can I buy the car for that amount?
I need ur honest contribution... thanks

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
good car for 300k? motocycles costs thats much bro
Gettreadyy:
I really need a car for mobility, but I don't have much so my question is can I buy a good car for #300.000 and what kind of car can I get for that amount and where can I buy the car for that amount?

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by pasqal09: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
Logician:
motocycles costs thats much

U can't even get a keke na pep for that amount
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by richeeyo(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2017
You can depending on location
I would advise you don't buy in Lagos everything is high
BY in ilorin cars their are very cheap but they don't have custom duties on them
But that's not a problem if you not taken the care across any border
And they don't demand for that once the car is registered
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 08, 2017
exactly, op. car at that amount will cause you HBP
pasqal09:

U can't even get a keke na pep for that amount

1 Like

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2017
Instead I go buy car of 300k, e better make I use my leg dey waka

1 Like

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by heendrix(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gettreadyy:

well you can see if you can risk going to the far North. maiduguri on my mind tho
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Gettreadyy(m): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
Maiduguri is a no no.
I know it is not gonna be easy but I need it for transport business in abuja.
I need to raise enough money for law sch, i've taken a decision to hustle for a year to raise good money for law sch next yr. pls y'all should help, I need a car for the amount afore mentioned. Thanks
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by pointblank247(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
bros dont be discouraged by those guys forming high class. you can buy a good and servicable 1.6 engine car for less than that amount. something likr golf 2or 3. and some smaller ones like starlet, march and some models of collora. what you just need to do is chrck out mechanic workshops. they usualy leave an empty gallon on top to show that its for sale.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Gettreadyy(m): 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
pointblank247:
bros dont be discouraged by those guys forming high class. you can buy a good and servicable 1.6 engine car for less than that amount. something likr golf 2or 3. and some smaller ones like starlet, march and some models of collora. what you just need to do is chrck out mechanic workshops. they usualy leave an empty gallon on top to show that its for sale.
Thanks bro ✌, do you know a reliable mechanic workshop to survey?
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by awesomely: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Gettreadyy:

Thanks bro ✌, do you know a reliable mechanic workshop to survey?

Hey bro! It's not like people are trying to discourage you. But please consider this proverb which says "Some people work for their cars, while others, their cars work for them."

5 Likes

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by BiafranBushBoy: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
Not only car Bro, you can buy a car and a House for that amount.

Even buying a Horse is about 1.5 Million, and you want to buy a car of 300,000.

You for just go steal person car.
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by chloride6: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
Don't mind these folks , you can get a car for 300 , however it won't be easy.

1. Have the cash ready , you may get a distress deal.

2. You should be looking for something like the golf 2 or so?

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by OgaApollos: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
U can. Just log into olx app go to the auto section. Filter thesite to ur location. Thank me later (most people that want to sharply sell off their cars advertise there)

3 Likes

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by pasqal09: 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
OgaApollos:
U can. Just log into olx app go to the auto section. Filter thesite to ur location. Thank me later (most people that want to sharply sell off their cars advertise there)

You want him to go and dash someone 300k?

1 Like

Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Franky826: 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mechanic village apo, Abuja. Check that place out
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by OgaApollos: 4:18am On Oct 10, 2017
pasqal09:

You want him to go and dash someone 300k?
i have bought twice and sold once. Same with my colleagues and friends. It's legit
Re: Can I Buy A Good Car For #300.000? by Acidosis(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2017
A relative sold one of his old cars for N250k recently. In fact, I advised he put it on sales because car was only gathering dust with no one to drive.

So to answer your question, you can get an old (but not dilapidated) car for that amount. The conditions attached are that such cars will be Nigerian used; need some beautification (e.g. re-spray, seat cover, mat, extra tyres, etc.).

By the way, both the seller and the buyer of the car I referred to as of today have not come to make any complaint. Car is a Mazda 626 salon (can't remember the year).
Mazda is one of the cheapest and durable models out there but like the typical Nigerians that we are with our follow follow mentality, we will never be satisfied unless we follow the Toyota crew.

So, open your mind to opportunities, look beyond Lagos and Camry. Used cars are expensive in the major cities because of booming taxi business. A lot of civil servants in less viable states are willing to change their cars. Someone mentioned Ilorin, that's one place to get a good car at a great cost.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / School Supervisor Adegboyega Adenekan Rapes 11 yrs Old Baby / Family Who Lost 9 Relatives In Boat Accident Sue Company For ₦36Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.