Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs (1333 Views)

2018/2019 University Of Ilorin Admission Process Thread / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide / Complains On The Admission Process Of LASU For 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs by Elitesplanet: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
Recently the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai IBBUL UNEXPECTEDLY ended their 2017/2018 Admission Screening exercise leaving the fate of students who did the JAMB Change of Institution undecided, as many felt that their money is gone.

This is a very bad issue both from the side of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board and from the Institution. Though the JAMB Registrar has given possible reasons for such errors but they haven't provided any measures to tackle the problems.
Earlier last month September the Joint Admission Matriculation Board held a meeting with all Stakeholders, Admission Officers and Students on a Sensitization Workshop of the JAMB Central Admission Processing known as CAPS.

Many Institutions Admission officers attended but i think only few got familiarized with the Central Admission Processing because it involves the use of Computers and only Personnels who are Computer Literate can understand the process [Pardon me for this].

According to the the JAMB ICT Consultant Shaibu Afolabi Salisu at the JAMB CAPS Sensitization Training once institutions has fixed their cutoff marks and announced their admission screening exercise they are advised to monitor their admission process/exercise via JAMB Caps Account as the System will alert the institution on HOW MUCH ADMISSION QUOTA USED, HOW MUCH ADMISSION QUOTA OUTSTANDING & HOW MANY CANDIDATES ARE OUT THERE.

Now what the institutions [Admission Officers] are expected to do is to Download Candidates Who just Made Changes to them from JAMB Portal but many institutions neglect that others don't even know how to download candidates or update their list, thereby leaving candidates who just made changes stranded.

Admission officers were made to understand that they cannot download candidates without setting up the below required process on the Computer:

Cut-Off Mark &
Admission Quota

Admission Officers were also told that they can either Download Candidates List Who Did Changes to them recently to them REGULARLY & ALL AT ONCE or FOR SPECIFIC PROGROMMES [COURSES].

Admission Officers were also told by JAMB to download candidates list at most a day to their admission screening exercise. e.g If an Admission Screening Exercise is tomorrow admission officers are urged to download a day before in-order to include those who just change to them and continue updating their admission screening platform but i think most of them are really lazy as they find it difficult in performing such task.

Also some institutions shuts off candidates from being admitted by carrying out their admission screening exercise on another platform which was not recommended by JAMB, when such institutions go back to download they find it difficult or always getting error during download of candidates.

According to JAMB Registrar an institution [DELSU] told JAMB that they are not going to download any list of candidates switching over to them because they have already closed admission exercise thereby shutting out most candidates, but this was later resolved as JAMB pleaded with them to give those students a second chance and which they did.

But now in a Process whereby an Institution no longer needs candidates for a particular programme or admission quota filled up and they stop downloading what is expected of them?

In my Opinion i suggest most Admission Officers and Institutions should be in contact with their students, Create time to attend to their questions and queries and give them feedback based on your admission screening exercise.

Institution are expected to:

Update Candidates on their Current Admission Quota
Update Candidates on Registration Guidelines and Cut-Off Marks
Update Candidates on the status of their Change of Course/Institution.
Update Candidates on Registration Errors and How to Tackle them

In a case whereby Institution reaches admission quota during registration Admission officers are expected to communicate to various candidates via their Social media channels or website to either stop the Changes of Course/Institution or Give them a Possible alternative.

I plead with the Joint Admission Matriculation Board [JAMB] to look into this matter as Candidates have the right to decide which institution they wish to study and as such no Admission Officer has the authority to Shut them off either another Screening Exercise is conducted for affected students,f Better alternatives Given or a Refund of Money will be the best.

My advice to candidates who got shut off from his or her Admission Screening Exercise is to either carry out a peaceful protest to such institutions or kindly lay complaints to the Joint Admission Matriculation Board [JAMB] or if you are yet to exhaust your changes switch to other institutions still available.

Source: http://www.elitesplanetblog.com.ng/2017/10/reasons-why-institutions-shuts-off-students-from-admission-process.html

Re: JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs by Petersamuel8(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
It is seems u re a victim grin grin
Re: JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs by ElRapido: 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
The poster above need to see the doctor asap, anybody that comment after me is a fool.
Re: JAMB Central Admission Process Vs Institutions Admission Processs by Elitesplanet: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2017
ElRapido:
The poster above need to see the doctor asap, anybody that comment after me is a fool.
lols seems you are an admission officer or one of them, am sorry if you are pained. but thats the truth!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Hack Any SIM Card For Free Calls, Data And SMS Part 2 / Application Into FCT School Of Nursing September 2018 Basic Nursing Programme / 2017/2018 Waec Gce Wassce Crs/irs 0bj & Theory Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.