Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Real Source Of Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Source Of Power (326 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? / The Real Source Of Corona Virus Is Not China Or USA, But This! / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Real Source Of Power by phlopholly: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2017
But seek ye first the kingdom of God . . .
—Matthew 6:33

A man or a woman who has been focusing all attention on financial gains, or business, or social prestige, or who has centered all his affection on some one person, experiences a devastating sense of loss when denied the thing that has given life its meaning. In these tragic moments, the individual recognizes how terribly and completely alone he is.

In that moment the Holy Spirit may cause the worldly bandages to fall from his eyes so that he sees clearly for the first time. He recognizes that God is the only source of real power, and the only enduring fountainhead of love and companionship.

Prayer for the day
From out of the depths, Lord, my eyes have seen that only You are unchanging, eternal love. Help me to put You first in everything I do.

(1) (Reply)

360gospel: St. Chika – Higher / All Creation(created) Groan / Political Vampires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.