Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 (10406 Views)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / 7 Igbos Who Could Be President Come 2019 / Donald Duke For 2007 Presidency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by KunleOshob(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
It is very likely that Donald Duke would soon declare for the 2011 presidential race, evidently he is the kind of leader Nigeria needs to move us to the next level and he enjoys a lot of following amongst the Nigerian youthmany of whom are members of nairaland. I want to invite us all to join in supporting this great Nigerian has he offers himself to the service of this great Nation once again to lead us to economic eldorado. You can follow up on him and communicate directly with him on his facebook page on the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Donald-Damien-Duke/18568433589?v=feed&story_fbid=10150108955935051&ref=mf
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Minister of Tourism - YES wink

President of Nigeria - Ill hold out for something better. undecided
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by KunleOshob(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
The link i posted above is not working right but if you do a search for donald duke on facebook his fan page would come up and you can join directly!  smiley
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

Minister of Tourism - YES wink

President of Nigeria - Ill hold out for something better. undecided

E.g.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by grafikdon: 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

E.g.

Yaradua and Buhari, I presume.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Just don't think he has the political muscle to lift a country like Nigeria.  And to be realistic, since there is no formidable voice of opposition to PDP in the country our prospects are limited to a northerner.
So i am praying for a miracle at this point.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Fhemmmy: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Give us enuf reasons why we should vote for him
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

Just don't think he has the political muscle to lift a country like Nigeria. And to be realistic, since there is no formidable voice of opposition to PDP in the country our prospects are limited to a northerner.

I think you are talking about your prospects

it will be nice to name those your prospects?
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Fhemmmy: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

Ummmmm
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

there are no worthy prospects that inspires
Ill line up for a Abubakar Umar/Fashola combo if its possible
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by KunleOshob(m): 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Give us enuf reasons why we should vote for him
His achievements in Cross rivers state speaks volumes of him, the man is a reall visionary and he has the passion and the desire to see Nigeria become a great country.

Gekko:

Just don't think he has the political muscle to lift a country like Nigeria.  And to be realistic, since there is no formidable voice of opposition to PDP in the country our prospects are limited to a northerner.

Nobody thought Obama had the political muscle or clout to win the U.S presidential election yet he won in a land slide manner. The truth is that Donald has what it takes that apart i beleive the PDP is going to be heavily fractured towards 2011 elections with no strong man to rally the party round like in the OBJ days and the acting president being undermined by party Governors. This unconstituitional power rotation clause in the PDP would be their greatest undoing, i forsee Jonathan organizing a free and fair election next year now that he has been check mated. It would be very difficult for the PDP to win in a free and fair election next year especially if quality candidates like Donald Duke are fielded.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
KunleOshob:

His achievements in Cross rivers state speaks volumes of him, the man is a reall visionary and he has the passion and the desire to see Nigeria become a great country.

Nobody thought Obama had the political muscle or clout to win the U.S presidential election yet he won in a land slide manner. The truth is that Donald has what it takes that apart i beleive the PDP is going to be heavily fractured towards 2011 elections with no strong man to rally the party round like in the OBJ days and the acting president being undermined by party Governors. This unconstituitional power rotation clause in the PDP would be their greatest undoing, i forsee Jonathan organizing a free and fair election next year now that he has been check mated. It would be very difficult for the PDP to win in a free and fair election next year especially if quality candidates like Donald Duke are fielded.

I remember what and all that was said about yaradua too before he became the president, that he did all these and that in katsina . . . and i heard some schools in Katsina are held under trees . . . . .
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

there are no worthy prospects that inspires

Do you honestly believe that Abubakar Umar will make a better leader than Donald Duke or Fashola?

Is there any qualification Umar has over these people? other than the fact that he is from Gwandu and makes a lot of noise? My brother those days are fast going!!!
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by canuck(m): 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
The challenges of Cross Rivers are feather-weight compared to Nigeria's - Can Duke do better than past leaders? May be. He is a smooth guy though. I like him.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by canuck(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

Fashola - Sure!

Abubakar Umar has earned his stripes as a critic, which is a far cry from being a successful administrator. What has he run, apart from his mouth? grin
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you honestly believe that Abubakar Umar will make a better leader than Donald Duke or Fashola?

Governing a state is a world of difference than leading a nation like Nigeria. I believe we still need a strong hand paired with a young vibrant leader like a fashola or duke to forge ahead.  I am not convinced fash or duke is prepared for Aso rock,  perhaps im wrong.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

Governing a state is a world of difference than leading a nation like Nigeria. I believe we still need a strong hand paired with a young vibrant leader like a fashola or duke to forge ahead. I am not convinced fash or duke is prepared for Aso rock, perhaps im wrong.

Dangiwa Umar is no leader, he is a social critic.

What we need is a decisive leader, Donald Duke is a very decisive leader. All you need to run a country is a good head on your shoulder and a large heart. This has been lacking. The greatest Militaries in the world have had lawyers run them, we must not always resort to soldiers to run Nigeria.

We simply need smart guys ready to be decisive. Dangiwa Umar does not fall in this category.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
canuck:

The challenges of Cross Rivers are feather-weight compared to Nigeria's - Can Duke do better than past leaders? May be. He is a smooth guy though. I like him.

True dat . . .some people just think they have governed a state and that make them to be ready to rule Nija
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Beaf: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Can someone sell Donald Duke to me? I am not conversant with Cross River state; I haven't been fed any convincing info, yet I keep hearing the name Donald Duke.
Please sell Donald Duketo me. What are his strengths and where has he used them? What was Cross River like before he came on the scene? Are there clear examples of his vision (societal, technological, educational etc) with provable implementation?
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
mikeansy:

Dangiwa Umar is no leader, he is a social critic.

What we need is a decisive leader, Donald Duke is a very decisive leader. All you need to run a country is a good head on your shoulder and a large heart. This has been lacking. The greatest Militaries in the world have had lawyers run them, we must not always resort to soldiers to run Nigeria.

We simply need smart guys ready to be decisive. Dangiwa Umar does not fall in this category.

Good points and i can't argue with you since i have much to learn about Nigeria's political landscape
but we need smart guys with the ability to roll with the punches when the going gets rough, and it certainly will.
are u sure duke wont get overwhelmed and fold under pressure? is he savvy or strong enough to tame the animals in this country?
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by SkyBlue1: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

Can someone sell Donald Duke to me? I am not conversant with Cross River state; I haven't been fed any convincing info, yet I keep hearing the name Donald Duke.
Please sell Donald Duketo me. What are his strengths and where has he used them? What was Cross River like before he came on the scene? Are there clear examples of his vision (societal, technological, educational etc) with provable implementation?

Basic research is not hard smiley. From what I know, Cross Rivers was getting one of the lowest ammounts of allocation from oil derivation, yet Calabar is probably the cleanest city in Nigeria. Good roads, investment in tourism as a means of increasing IGR. The TINAPA project was quite ambitious and the first phase was delivered, but the retail section of it was hit by the foot dragging of the federal government even after the president declared his "support" for it. Traders for months (maybe even more than a year) that had paid the rent, could not sell anything because of customs (it was meant to be a free trade zone but the federal government had not yet drafted up the papers or something along those lines). So people could only go there to look which was bad for business and retail. I think you hear Donald Duke a lot because he was probably the only governor in the last administration that took on any mega project of that scale (kind of what Fashola seems to be doing right now). Visit the Tinapa site and do basic research.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
Donald Duck for President of Nigeria. In your dreams grin
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by marvix(m): 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
Yes a Duke wld make a good president but on wat political platform. PDP mayb fractured but we wld need an oposition dat wil be visible round d country to project him nd it wld mak sense if he contest against Jonathan then we wld hav started d journey out of rotational presidency and d old order
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^ Ummm
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Beaf: 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2010
Sky Blue:

Basic research is not hard smiley. From what I know, Cross Rivers was getting one of the lowest ammounts of allocation from oil derivation, yet Calabar is probably the cleanest city in Nigeria. Good roads, investment in tourism as a means of increasing IGR. The TINAPA project was quite ambitious and the first phase was delivered, but the retail section of it was hit by the foot dragging of the federal government even after the president declared his "support" for it. Traders for months (maybe even more than a year) that had paid the rent, could not sell anything because of customs (it was meant to be a free trade zone but the federal government had not yet drafted up the papers or something along those lines). So people could only go there to look which was bad for business and retail. I think you hear Donald Duke a lot because he was probably the only governor in the last administration that took on any mega project of that scale (kind of what Fashola seems to be doing right now). Visit the Tinapa site and do basic research.

Yes, I know about Tinapa, but its shortcomings are as sweeping as the vision that created it. Tinapa cannot provide the sort of anwers I am after (though it satisfies me that he is intelligent and forward looking), neither can basic research (I'll do that anyway grin). The sort of stuff I need are things that he has done to better the lot of the common man, what his personality is like, his outlook on life etc.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

Yes, I know about Tinapa, but its shortcomings are as sweeping as the vision that created it. Tinapa cannot provide the sort of anwers I am after (though it satisfies me that he is intelligent and forward looking), neither can basic research (I'll do that anyway grin). The sort of stuff I need are things that he has done to better the lot of the common man, what his personality is like, his outlook on life etc.

hes a party animal fo sure, i heard his yearly carnival is to place to be.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by SkyBlue1: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2010
Beaf:

LOL. TINAPA's shortcomings are synonymous with the short comings of the federal government. Most of the money was from the private sector. Was it the first phase delivered and on time and looking like what was on design? Yes. So I do not get that statement in bold except you are just going by hear say. If people had done just basic research on Yar Adua before he was sold to Nigerians, I believe a lot of people wouldn't have voted for him. There is a video I watched with him speaking just before he became president. Cringe worthy. He didn't seem to have a clear agenda then and surprise surprise, that is how his presidency was/is (this whole thing has become confusing).
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by SkyBlue1: 8:54pm On Mar 09, 2010
Gekko:

hes a party animal fo sure, i heard his yearly carnival is to place to be.

His yearly carnivals brought in people from all parts of the country, its called tourism and it brought in money to the state. You also have obudu ranch and the longest cable car ride in africa leading up to it.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Akanbiedu(m): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Duke 2011? I think some people are too used to the internet that they have lost touch with Nigeria. They are in Nigernet. Duke? This is political naivety at its peak.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by Gekko(m): 8:57pm On Mar 09, 2010
Sky Blue:

His yearly carnivals brought in people from all parts of the country, its called tourism and it brought in money to the state. You also have obudu ranch and the longest cable car ride in africa leading up to it.

true indeed. im looking forward to the experience myself.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by udezue(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
He is coming to Houston this Friday.
Re: Lets Rally Round To Support Donald Duke For President Come 2011 by DisGuy: 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2010
is he running?

this guy that cant convince the nation to clear the way for tinapa 
this guy that was speaking phoney to some market women in ABU- the best he could do was gather students in Kano during his campaign

Politics is a game of numbers- he just doesn't have that much supporters and cannot the needed number around the country not just Lagos and calabar

He will get it online though  grin

Fashola/Duke  wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Military Operations In North Successful – FG / Today Marks 40th Anniversary Of Murtala Muhammed's Emergence As Head Of State / Buhari Admin Should Face Transparency International & Leave GEJ Alone - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.