Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Military Operations In North Successful – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Operations In North Successful – FG (10410 Views)

Nigerian Military Operations In The Far Northeast / Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics / Military Operations Already Yielding Results – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Operations In North Successful – FG by BlackMamba2: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
The ongoing military operations in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states have been successful, the Federal Government has said.

It also said the civilians in the states were adequately protected, stressing that it was doing all in its powers to reduce disasters in the country.

The Director-General, National Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Sani Sidi, stated this in Abuja on Tuesday.

He spoke when he received the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for West Africa, and Chairman, Cameroon-Nigeria Mixed Commission, Mr. Said Djinnit.

He said, “At the moment, the military campaign going on in the North has been successful and the civilian communities in the areas are been protected. It will interest you to know that the government is doing all within its might to address the challenges that arise, whether natural or man made in this country.”

Sidi said the UN had shown confidence in Nigeria disaster management procedures.

According to him, NEMA is tasked with the responsibility of working with the military Joint Task Force to provide humanitarian assistance and ensure the welfare of citizens in the affected states throughout the duration of the emergency rule.

He added, “In carrying out this function, NEMA in collaboration with JTF has set up a humanitarian cell at the JTF headquarters in Maiduguri and sub-cells in the sector commands to facilitate the coordination of humanitarian operations during the period.

“NEMA is also working closely with State Emergency Management Agencies in the three states and relevant ministries, department and agencies to facilitate a smooth and efficient humanitarian operation.”

Djinnit urged the Nigerian security operatives to protect the innocent citizens that might be caught in cross-fire in the affected states.

He said, “It is your duty and that of the military to protect the innocent citizens in these states because whatever affects them affects you as a country and affects West Africa. You have the responsibility to help, which is solidarity.

“We want political security, peace and stability in West Africa and we must do whatever is possible to make this happen. We at the UN have the duty to support you in whatever capacity we can because we cannot live in an unsafe world.”

President Goodluck Jonathan on May 14 declared a state of emergency in the three states.

http://www.punchng.com/news/military-operations-in-north-successful-fg/
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
IN THE NORTH ? DAYUMMM. WELL I GUESS MOST OF OUR WARRIORS ARE IN THE NORTH. NORTHERNERS ARE FEARLESS. HAMITIC STOCK wink
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by HonKontigi: 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Altho it's too early to assess the current military operation as NE entirely successful, what is evident is that there is a change of tactics by the military - they are no more targeting innocent civilians. If the people had been co-opted right from the beginning boko haram crises would not hav escalated the way it did. Ordinary people were caught in between boko haram and jtf. Thank God jtf now see the people as separate from boko haram.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by SamConquer(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
#Smoking My Expensive Cuban Cigar with Eyes red#...*In a Deep Coarse and rugged Voice*I don't need To read all This Sh!!!t,the Heading Is Self Explanatory.

4 Likes

Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by olawonder(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
No more panic, we can now go on about our daily lives without fear of being blown to peices (?)
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by slimming: 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
They should restore the network o jere
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by cyril83(m): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Over successful with the help of civilian jtf. I learnt most of the insurgent are now running to churches for help. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Bigflamie(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
slimming: They should restore the network o jere
Does that mean there's no network since the commencement of the operation till date?
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by bruno88: 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
This is good.Love this
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by brownlord: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Until i see sheakau's head, i commend the military, i know they are trying but i want to see sheakus head on the floor, and for him to officially name his oga boko hari as the chief sponsor of the group.

JTF rideon boyz, find that stupid shekau and cut his head for me
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Kings77: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Peace MUST return to HOME OF PEACE!
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Akwusike: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Cool with the heading..next topic
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Cosmore9(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
He said, “At the moment, the military campaign going on in the North has been successful" Bless God! Tnks to JTF,d FG nd everyone who participated directly or indirectly in achieving d positive results so far!
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by EasternLeopard: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pls can anyone tell me the religion late Brig General Ogundipe(1966) practiced. If it is christianity, what church did he attended.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by feeshow: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
nice one
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ok.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Odunharry(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
hope innocent people were nt affected sha
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Youngzedd(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
Better for the Northerners.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
SamConquer: #Smoking My Expensive Cuban Cigar with Eyes red#...*In a Deep Coarse and rugged Voice*I don't need To read all This Sh!!!t,the Heading Is Self Explanatory.
na cigar go kill you..amen

Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by kabba7(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
[quote author=EasternLeopard]Pls can anyone tell me the religion late Brig General Ogundipe(1966) practiced. If it is christianity, what church did he attended.

He is an Ogun worshiper can't your read the name!
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Willgates(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
GEJ will become the most succesful president in the history of this country, archive this post for future reference. After crushing the insurgents, he'l be paying adequate attention to the power sector which is already experiencing a slow but steady growth. If we are sincere,we'l admit that electricity situation has greatly improved and i can attest to this fact.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by gbonozee: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
Bigflamie:
Does that mean there's no network since the commencement of the operation till date?
yes ooo!!!network av been cutoff ever since then..
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lmaooo at the Ogun from Ogundipe..

But e be like say d SOE stuff dey affect this people ohhh
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by drnoel: 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
do i still hear people call GEJ clueless?
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by locdog(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
Willgates: GEJ will become the most succesful president in the history of this country, archive this post for future reference. After crushing the insurgents, he'l be paying adequate attention to the power sector which is already experiencing a slow but steady growth. If we are sincere,we'l admit that electricity situation has greatly improved and i can attest to this fact.
attest to it after 2015
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by jjoro79(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
May God guide and protect the innocent one
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by locdog(m): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
drnoel: do i still hear people call GEJ clueless?
gej still clueless ,becos not an achievement. security is the responsible of any president
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Chitexs250(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
sheyie2007: na cigar go kill you..amen

Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by Emmyk(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'm chuffed.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by herquleez(m): 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
In my opinion, it's a little too early to score the military operation in the NE. Agreed, the terrorists cannot face up to the might of the Nigerian Military (no way inn hell).

The next stage in the fight against these murderes in the nname of religion should be 'mop-up operations'; this is nnot something your average soldier is trained to do.

Mop-up operations include massive intelligence gathering done by the SSS, police CID, DMI and the DSS and every other arm of the government with intelligence gathering ability.

Mopp-up is nnecessary onn the grounds that these terrorist gangs are known all over the world to be relentless and will always attempt a come back. Mind youm they are likely to metamorphorse into a more clandestine group, avoid comfrontation with the military, carry out hit and run attacks (their original tactic), assasinations etc.

The truth is, the military operation cannot continue forever and you cannot conntiue to station such large numbers of the military in those areas.

In short, BH is not a military force but a secret group that's why they ran in the face of massive military onslaught, they hide among the populace and are difficult to identify as they are not uniformed. The truth is they will come back secretly and we should expect them to, by then our intelligence unnits should be able to track them and arrest kill them.

We should not be quick to forget that we went after them in 2009 and we all thought they had been destroyed all because their HQ was razed to the ground. I see the same mistake happening if we dont begin massive intelligence operations to track those that have gonee underground to resurface later.

#just an humble oopinionn of mine

3 Likes

Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by babyhrt(m): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
locdog: gej still clueless ,becos not an achievement. security is the responsible of any president
if Gej Is clueless den u need to tell me how vast u r.if nt den go n sleep.
Re: Military Operations In North Successful – FG by babadem2much(m): 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
when dia was no gsm what where using no be post office ? cuz dia is peace nw ppl pikins dem dey 4 rain sun n cold d protect us, u dey talk any how abi? abi u be dia informer 2? na kweshon

slimming: They should restore the network o jere

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Largest Police Forces In The World. / Kogi’s IGR Hits N1bn Monthly / National Defense College Honors Yusuf Bichi, DSS DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.