Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) (6557 Views)

A Really Short Christmas Story...lol / Short Horror Flash Fiction "We Are Here" / Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Andrew3(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2017
iamnlia:

No it's not, btw Happy Birthday.

Thanks. Hope to see your's soon.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Finstar: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2017
crazypencils20:

I'm not an atheist but ik sleep paralysis is not spiritual.

You're entitled to your belief
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2017
Finstar:

You're entitled to your belief

Yeah. ✌
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by iamnlia(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2017
Andrew3:

Thanks. Hope to see your's soon.
Exactly a month's time.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 10, 2017
crazypencils20:

Natural
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by akigbemaru: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2017
crazypencils20:
There's something on top of me, I can feel it. It's warm and heavy and has a heartbeat.
My eyes are heavy as lead and try as I might, they won't open. Something pushes open the window and a gentle breeze rustles the rickety window frame. Breeze, so gentle it freaks me out, moves over my face as if it has a hand and a mind and only then am I aware of how my brows hurt from squeezing them and the beads of perspiration that dot along my forehead.

My heart is pounding furiously like my body was a cage and it wanted to be let out. My eyes are closed but I can feel something move across the room, silently, gliding as if carried by the wind. I'm struggling to move any part of my body but its unresponsive. My hands feel like they've been weighted with chains attached to wrecking balls.

Finally, he calls my name.

Cassie. Cassie. Cassie.

I say it's a he because that the closest guess to the sound I'm hearing. The voice is deep, like a rumble of thunder yet so faint it barely grazes my ear. I want to scream but my voice catches in my throat and then begins to choke me. It feels like it's something I can neither spit out nor swallow, firmly wedged in my throat, it suffocates me, depriving me of oxygen. I try to move , no response from my body at all. I feel quadriplegic and I'm dying. My mouth is snapped shut and my nose seems to breath out rather than breath in air. My head feels heavy and I can feel my eyes bulging out of their sockets.

I'm dying.

I begin to feel like I'm falling down a long, dark tunnel, the wind howling as i shoot further and further downwards.

I'm dying.

I'm drifting into unconsciousness when suddenly, my eyes snap open.

No no! He's there. He's there. In the room. I don't want to see him. No! But my eyes won't close, they stay wide open and I'm forced to look at him. He calls my name again.

CASSIE. CASSIE. CASSIE.

My heart is pounding furiously, I can feel the blood running to my fingertips and toes. He looks at me and tries to smile, he has no mouth. His face is a white mask completely devoid of eyes, nose or any other facial features and it's completely hidden under a black cloak that looks like fog. It in fact is fog. It creeps around the room, the black fog rising from the ground and swallowing everything in its path. It creeps up the bed and snakes towards me. I try to gasp. No response. My eyes are equally unresponsive. Sweat is trickling down my head now and he just stands there grinning facelessly.

CASSIE. CASSIE. CASSIE.

He calls me again and this time, dissolve into the fog that's making its way up the wall of my room. His white face has melted partly into the smoke, leaving only black holes where eyes should have been. The fog goes all the way across the ceiling and begins to come down at the head of my bed. I try to turn, to arch my head up to see where he's going but I'm immobilized. I can only wait with my eyes wide open for what's going to come.

I don't want to die. I'm thinking to myself. The black fog is at my ear now and it's like a hot flame licking at my skin.

CASSIE. CASSIE.

Finally, my mouth snaps open and the first sentence comes out in a whimper, "Leave me alone, please." I feel hot tears escape from the corner of my eyes.

CASSIE. CASS-

His words are not completed this time but are instead drowned in a furious howl that blows the window open forcefully. The black fog recoils from my bed and shoots back along the ceiling down to the other part of the room.
Finally, my hand frees up and as I move my finger, he howls as if in pain before the black cloud rolls up and shoots out of the window.

I jerk up in my bed, perspiring and panting heavily. I curse silently as I feel the warm, sticky liquid between my legs. This is why I never want to fall asleep.

He always comes back.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Lilimax(f): 11:27am On Oct 10, 2017
Sleep Paralysis to me is that period in your sleep they'll be pressing you down and you'll be shouting but no one will seem to hear shocked
It is that period as if winch wan suck your blood. Just shout JESUS CHRIST, the whole thing will disappear embarassed
Na una sabi o!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Primesky(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2017
A nice piece. But there is more to this particular sleep paralysis if it indeed happened. Reason being that I had a terrible battle face to face with death as a being but was saved by a shinning hand just before being snatched by it. It left me feeling totally fearless of death, and i'll ever be thankful to Jesus because i know it was His hand that saved me that night. Weldon dear.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Xcely: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
I think the common denominator is some sort of creature. In my case, In the instant I realized I couldn’t move I opened my eyes and saw a creature at the door. Headless and dark. One hand on the door. It just stood there. Then I opened my eyes and nothing was there.

That’s why it confuses me till date. Did I really see something? Or was i still asleep the first time i opened my eyes?

Ps: the experience happened after I watched 47 Ronin. Sister experienced same after same movie many days before

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by mdee1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
Have you submitted your entries yet? Don't wait till the last minute! Enter & compete with other authors to win big at the #Imbubefestival

Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Xcely:
I think the common denominator is some sort of creature. In my case, In the instant I realized I couldn’t move I opened my eyes and saw a creature at the door. Headless and dark. One hand on the door. It just stood there. Then I opened my eyes and nothing was there.

That’s why it confuses me till date. Did I really see something? Or was i still asleep the first time i opened my eyes?

Ps: the experience happened after I watched 47 Ronin. Sister experienced same after same movie many days before

Yeah, usually a shadow that's moving. I know very little about sleep paralysis and I'm too lazy to do any serious reading on it�� but I'm hypothesizing that it's the mind trying to trigger a sort of fight or flight instinct in the body to jerk the person awake.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
And what was the slimmy liquid between your thighs when you woke up?

This is a clear case of sexual manipulation by demons but I will leave Nigerians to their ‘new intelligence’.

crazypencils20:

Yeah, usually a shadow that's moving. I know very little about sleep paralysis and I'm too lazy to do any serious reading on it�� but I'm hypothesizing that it's the mind trying to trigger a sort of fight or flight instinct in the body to jerk the person awake.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
Processor01:
And what was the slimmy liquid between your thighs when you woke up?

This is a clear case of sexual manipulation by demons but I will leave Nigerians to their ‘new intelligence’.

This story is purely fictional lol, my own experience was a lot less intense (although that's what inspired this piece anyway) and the warm liquid is urine.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by Hundreddegrees(m): 11:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
cry
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by KinzyeWriter(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
crazypencils20:

Sleep paralysis is spiritual
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Sleep paralysis is spiritual

How do you know? What causes it, what are its spiritual effects?
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
crazypencils20:

How do you know? What causes it, what are its spiritual effects?

Whites call it Sleep paralysis, Africans call it Demonic Oppression.

It is not healthy to have sleep paralysis, is it?

There are people who have died from this oppression.

Have you asked yourself why this experience is always scrary? And at the same time you become weaker when you wake up from it?
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by KinzyeWriter(m): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
I was sleeping outside one day, I woke up in the midnight to go inside, unconsciously I saw something in white that went towards the sitting room door direction, I thought it was my friend, I stood up and went inside our room which direction is different from sitting room, only to find my friend inside, I was asking him, is he not the one that went to the sitting room, he said no, so when I finally got back to my normal self, and I realized if someone truly enters the sitting room, I should have heard the door making a sound like it always does...

Still confused till now.

Search deeply and you'll later realised it is spiritual...

I once had one like that which after I got freed from it got my legs shaking and when tried walking, I fell again... This is no where just a sleep, this is pure oppression.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2018
KinzyeWriter:
I was sleeping outside one day, I woke up in the midnight to go inside, unconsciously I saw something in white that went towards the sitting room door direction, I thought it was my friend, I stood up and went inside our room which direction is different from sitting room, only to find my friend inside, I was asking him, is he not the one that went to the sitting room, he said no, so when I finally got back to my normal self, and I realized if someone truly enters the sitting room, I should have heard the door making a sound like it always does...

Still confused till now.
You moved, obviously not sleep paralysis.
Re: Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) by crazypencils20: 9:27am On Mar 09, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Search deeply and you'll later realised it is spiritual...

I once had one like that which after I got freed from it got my legs shaking and when tried walking, I fell again... This is no where just a sleep, this is pure oppression.

And what has happened to you as a result of the oppression? Downturn in fortune? Bad luck?

Imo your legs were shaking because you were scared, you fell because you tried to walk while your legs were shaking, not because of demonic oppression.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fopefolu Memorial High School / The Life Of A Typical Nigerian Student - A SHORT STORY / Destiny To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.