Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land (1940 Views)

David Lyon: Justice Mary Odili's Judgment Is Causing Tension In Bayelsa / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others / Obasanjo's 2003 Warning To Buhari Not To Incite Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by afroniger: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2017
PointB:

Being Atheist doesn't mean you should lack the ability to rationalise.

The days/dates set aside for holidays were not arbitrary. They represent significant dates/milestones in believers lives. It wouldn't make sense to lump them into Saturdays and Sundays as you think. For Muslims, were Nigeria a muslim state perhaps it would be easy to grant them Friday as work free day. As Nigeria is currently classified as Secular state, it makes no sense to accede to the Friday.

Atheist can, and should rest on the day others are resting (Saturday or Sunday). You have no special (religious) reason/need to have a work free day. If you do, you won't be atheist.

Typical christian supremacist thinking. You say Nigeria is a 'secular state', yet christians alone were granted two work-free days of Saturday and Sunday out of respect for their religious practises. Yet you can still turn around and say 'it makes no sense to accede to the Friday'. The same rational that makes a 'secular state' Nigeria to make Sunday and Saturday a work-free day should be applied to making Friday (and maybe Thursday or any other preferred date for athiests) a work-free day as well for fairness sake. There's no way you can reason around that. But I am not surprised because that is how you christians think and behave. You people are quick to deny others the privilege you enjoy. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by Greenback: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

See reasoning o. Then why don't you people give muslimists Friday as a work free day, and maybe Thursday for we atheists to rest as well? Why not Christians even combine all their so-called holidays into one and celebrate them on Saturday and Sunday while Muslims too should celebrate their holidays on Friday? The world doesn't revolve around you fanatics. All I see are a bunch of lazy and unproductive people hiding under the banner of religion to marginalize others.
is Christianity ur headache? grin
Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by PointB: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

Typical christian supremacist thinking. You say Nigeria is a 'secular state', yet christians alone were granted two work-free days of Saturday and Sunday out of respect for their religious practises. Yet you can still turn around and say 'it makes no sense to accede to the Friday'. The same rational that makes a 'secular state' Nigeria to make Sunday and Saturday a work-free day should be applied to making Friday (and maybe Thursday or any other preferred date for athiests) a work-free day as well for fairness sake. There's no way you can reason around that. But I am not surprised because that is how you christians think and behave. You people are quick to deny others the privilege you enjoy. Nonsense!

You still don't get it.

Sunday and Saturday work free day is convenient and has little or nothing to do with Christian day of worship in Nigeria (but Christians are more than happy to let it be). The world is a global village. Most of the world communities we do business with has Saturday and Sunday as work free day, and the International convention/calender sees Monday as the beginning of working week. So having a work free day on Sunday is a no-brainer. Whether you are Christain, Muslim or what have you, if your are open for business on Sunday, don't expect your international business partner to join you.

As for Atheists you can as well claim Saturday for whatever tickles your fancy. No one will begrudge your choice.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by afroniger: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2017
Greenback:

is Christianity ur headache? grin

No. I am just here to point out the hypocrisy, marginalizing and oppressive tendencies inherent in both Muslimism and Christianism. undecided
Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by PointB: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

No. I am just here to point out the hypocrisy, marginalizing and oppressive tendencies inherent in both Muslimism and Christianism. undecided

Islam and Christianity are the right words.
Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by Greenback: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

JESUS LOVES U. HE DIED FOR U,SO U WILL BE FREE. HE IS CALLING U NOW.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by afroniger: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2017
PointB:

You still don't get it.

Sunday and Saturday work free day is convenient and has little or nothing to do with Christian day of worship in Nigeria (but Christians are more than happy to let it be). The world is a global village. Most of the world communities we do business with has Saturday and Sunday as work free day, and the International convention/calender sees Monday as the beginning of working week. So having a work free day on Sunday is a no-brainer. Whether you are Christain, Muslim or what have you, if your are open for business on Sunday, don't expect your international business partner to join you.

As for Atheists you can as well claim Saturday for whatever tickles your fancy. No one will begrudge your choice.

You can only tell that to ignoramus like yourself. I was born into a christian family so you cannot spin your lies to me. When I became of age I began to ask questions and pick holes in the scam teachings of not only christianism but also muslimism. Only a fool and ignorant 'believer' would claim not to know or deny the christian origin of sunday as a day of rest and worship. Saturday wasn't even always a full work-free day in Nigeria until it was officially made that way by Gowon so as to pacify a christian denomination known as the Seventh Day Adventists who worship on saturday. You people can't reason logically or rationally, that is your problem. If not, you would have realized by now that there is absolutely no basis for your line of argument. I pity una foolishness. You have all been scammed by religion.

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by afroniger: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2017
PointB:

Islam and Christianity are the right words.

Teacher don't teach me nonsense. I will call them whatever I like. You can come and arrest me if you like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslimism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianism
Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by PointB: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

You can only tell that to ignoramus like yourself. I was born into a christian family so you cannot spin your lies to me. When I became of age I began to ask questions and pick holes in the scam teachings of not only christianism but also muslimism. Only a fool and ignorant 'believer' would claim not to know or deny the christian origin of sunday as a day of rest and worship. Saturday wasn't even always a full work-free day in Nigeria until it was officially made that way by Gowon so as to pacify a christian denomination known as the Seventh Day Adventists who worship on saturday. You people can't reason logically or rationally, that is your problem. If not, you would have realized by now that there is absolutely no basis for your line of argument. I pity una foolishness. You have all been scammed by religion.

Ok my little angry man. You won the debate.
Happy now?
Re: What Is Causing Muric To Incite Religion In Yoruba Land by adeolakemi: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
afroniger:

You are clearly one of the CAN supporting fanatics I was talking about. I will repeat it that you are all the same intolerant lot. If given a chance you will impose your practices on the rest of us so that you can marginalize and disenfranchise us. The history of Christianity is filled with massacres committed in the name of 'crusades' on behalf of the Christian god. The worst wars ever fought by men were started by professing Christians yet you people have the effrontery to play holier than thou. Is that how your Jesus and pastors taught you to talk to others? Sadly for you, you intolerant religious supremacists can never gag me. I will continue calling you people out. Seun, the owner of this forum is a fellow athiest but I blame him for allowing you fanatics to be terrorizing us free-minded and liberal people with your divisive and fanatic behaviours. I will never 'stfu' for you people so go ahead and do your worst.
shatap you Muslim atheist ko artist ni

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bridging The Gap. Cameroons Attack Helicopter Fleet Nears Parity With Nigeria. / Exclusive Vdeo Of TB Joshua's Visit To President Of Dominican Republic / Why You Should Vote For Buhari If He Decides To Contest 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.