Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" (25428 Views)

Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / 2019: "You Can't Zone My Constitutional Right - Donald Duke Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Danny287(m): 12:16am On Oct 10, 2017
Mr. Donald Duke, a former Governor of Cross River State has said that he is not a supporter of zoning of the Presidency.

Mr. Duke while speaking on Hard Copy anchored by Maope Ogun on Channels TV said, “I have never subjected myself to zoning, when I ran for Governor I was not afforded zoning, everybody and everyone was able to run in Cross River.”

He maintained that, “Besides its my constitutional right to run, you can’t zone my right, I think it’s unconstitutional to zone and besides like I said to you I was born a Nigerian, I wasn’t born an Easterner or Westerner, I was born after Independence. So my outlook is Nigerian.”Concluding, Mr. Donald said Nigeria was in dire straits and should jettison zoning and go for the best.

Mr. Donald Duke is a presidential aspirant.

/crossriverwatch.com/2017/10/you-cant-zone-my-constitutional-right-to-contest-for-president-donald-duke-video

Watch interview video hear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZSwjz4b_9c

Do you agree with him?

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by MasterKim: 12:28am On Oct 10, 2017
It's your party that's incharge of d zoning. Go to another parry!
Izza simple stuv

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Isokowadoo: 12:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Very Apt..

NotNers using senseles

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Isokowadoo: 12:50am On Oct 10, 2017
MasterKim:
It's your party that's incharge of d zoning. Go to another parry!
Izza simple stuv

Wat this one Sayin

9 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Ratello: 3:18am On Oct 10, 2017
I completely share his views that's how it should be done. I am totally against those primordial tendencies in our political culturation. Away with mumu zoning anyone and everyone capable enough should throw himself or herself into the ring and tell us what he has to offer.

93 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by 9jvirgin(m): 4:35am On Oct 10, 2017
You are also coming to steal, loot and destroy. Na fine boy we go chop?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by NaMe4: 4:48am On Oct 10, 2017
That's how it's done where sane people are!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Mynd44: 5:35am On Oct 10, 2017
Is it not funny that Fayose(along with his brother Wike) was the one that brought Sheriff that cost them about two Guber elections, now it is this same Fayose that is leadin the madness against PDP's quest to take back the presidency by running. Now Uncle Donald has joined and who knows who's next? This is just going to throw the PDP into more internal problems.

People need to start respecting the wishes of their party and not acting like rougue members

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by morbeta(m): 6:20am On Oct 10, 2017
Bring out your loot make we enjoy small.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by stillondmatter: 6:20am On Oct 10, 2017
He knows his right and his right abide with him alone

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Connoisseur(m): 6:26am On Oct 10, 2017
Zoning, despite its absence in the constitution is a good way to prevent the majority from remaining in power for ever.
As long as Nigerian presidency elections is concerned, zoning favors the south just as the quota system in education favors the north. This is because the north had the population and capacity to remain in power for as long as they want.
So politicians especially from the south should avoid the use of rhetorics and not let their selfish interest becloud their reasoning

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by EmeeNaka: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2017
Zoning is good. it doesn't stop us from getting the best. There are good leaders in every zone.

9 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by anitapreeti(f): 6:49am On Oct 10, 2017
But is he not tired of running....
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by OjukwuWarBird: 6:51am On Oct 10, 2017
What is this mumu talking

Without zoning, minorities like him will never rule the country.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by OjukwuWarBird: 6:55am On Oct 10, 2017
Connoisseur:
Zoning, despite its absence in the constitution is a good way to prevent the majority from remaining in power for ever.
As long as Nigerian presidency elections is concerned, zoning favors the south just as the quota system in education favors the north. This is because the north had the population and capacity to remain in power for as long as they want.
So politicians especially from the south should avoid the use of rhetorics and not let their selfish interest becloud their reasoning

Although zoning is good but stop spreading the lies that North is more populated than the South.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by DaudaAbu(m): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2017
Well its democracy, and its a game of numbers

Without zoning some regions will continue to rule perpetually

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by QTEST007(m): 7:31am On Oct 10, 2017
SAY NO TO INCOMPETENCE!

SAY NO TO ZONING!

4 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by 49cents(m): 7:33am On Oct 10, 2017
9jvirgin:
You are also coming to steal, loot and destroy. Na fine boy we go chop?

morbeta:
Bring out your loot make we enjoy small.

For the records. At the Twilight of Obasanjo's administration he made the then EFCC boss to investigate the entire 36 state governors and ONLY Donald Duke was 100 percent clean.....
So I was shocked why Obasanjo would choose Jonathan over Duke as yaradua's running mate

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by DaudaAbu(m): 7:36am On Oct 10, 2017
QTEST007:
SAY NO TO INCOMPETENCE!

SAY NO TO ZONING!

Make all man contest na

Even the kpomo governor wey no fit pay salary but is using his state money to print posters upanda

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Egein(m): 8:28am On Oct 10, 2017
Unfortunately, the Electoral Act doesn't provide for Independent Candidates. You have to belong to one of the extremely useless, highly corrupt political parties the system throws at us.
I'll vote Mr Duke anytime!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Ebimor96: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2017
Mr Duke, go and reclaim the Presidency from the illiterate, poverty infested and disease ravaged nincompoop that usurped Nigeria's Presidency in 2015.

His days are numbered, because the handwriting has appeared on the wall again.

Buhari is a terrorist.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Ebimor96: 8:28am On Oct 10, 2017
grin

Collect the Presidency from the yeye mumu wey I'm brain don die tey tey.

Buhari is a terrorist.

7 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by brainpulse: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Must you join one of the two major parties to exercise your right.
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Ebimor96: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2017
E don happen
Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Bolustical: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2017
Why didn't he speak up against zoning when the VP was zoned to the South South in 2007?

Going by his logic now, PDP can field candidates from NW and NE, both Muslims, as running mates because it's everyone's constitutional right to be voted for?

I don't know if Duke understands the meaning conventions!

Has he forgotten that the disrespect for zoning caused PDP's ouster in 2015?

Without zoning, the north because of their numbers and political advantages would rule Nigeria non stop.

Duke should goan sit down joor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Bolustical: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2017
DeRay98:

My friend zoning has never included the minorities. Its either Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba.
Jonathan didn't get it on zoning but on the sentiments of his Yar Adua incumbency...
I don't like PDP but I'd fancy Donald Duke's Presidency.
Oga, if zoning has never included the minorities, how come OBJ left the Igbos in 2007 to handpick an Ijaw Jonathan?

Or if the majority tribes hadn't support GEJ in 2011, would he have won?

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by stobery(m): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2017
grin

Is it by force to contest under a party?

Whatever happen to Independent Candidature just passed by the senate

2 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by magoo10(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
he is making sense actually,the best and qualified man should be allowed to do the job .zoning breeds mediocrity just like how it produced the dullard for president just because the north felt it was their turn.
The right people should be allowed to do the job not minding where he comes from,zoning is a proof that Nigeria is not one and not united.

5 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by Iceman2017(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
Tell them o
Nkaka country

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by next2kings(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2017
The only thing this country's good at is thinking out ways to favour themselves, instead of thinking of ways to improve the economy and lives of the people. That was how governor Rochas tried to initiate and impose 35yrs age limit on IMO state governorship aspirants just to favour his own candidate. These are political moves to surpass their opponents and the masses suffer these actions.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke: "You Can’t Zone My Constitutional Right To Contest For President" by mccoy47(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2017
If he runs I'D VOTE HIM!

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review / There Will Be Consequences If Falae Is Not Freed – Fani-kayode Tells FG / Court Remands Metuh In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.