Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,704 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices (37556 Views)

I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out / Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / BMW Introduces Wireless Charging To Charge Your Car Without Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:24am On Oct 10, 2017
spreado:

$500 - $600 for bicycle and you call that cheap

yep.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 10, 2017
spreado:

$500 - $600 for bicycle and you call that cheap

Well, I wouldn’t ride a $600 bike because it’ll have cheap components.

My road bike is over $1,500.

The 2018 Cannondale Super Six is $11,000, I wish I could swing that though I test drove a 2015 back in 2016

1 Like

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by spreado(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

yep.
How many people that ride bike can actually afford this?
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by redsun(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2017
spreado:

How many people that ride bike can actually afford this

You can get a used one for less than three hundred pounds. It has been in existence for ages.

Whiteman's world feels like sci-fi movies you guys watch,they are always innovating and making improvements in their everyday lives,while the reverse is our case.

1 Like

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2017
spreado:

How many people that ride bike can actually afford this?

a lot wink

2 Likes

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 10, 2017
Currently shopping for Shimano Ultegra set.

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2017
haywire1:
Nothing special, it's a trash for us in Nigeria. To charge your phone is a problem, adding a chargeable bicycle is double problem ... NO LIGHT lipsrsealed

My dear, bicycle na bicycle, na when rain start the owner go sabi im level.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by joinnow: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2017
Even oversea you park next you remove battery if you forget to remove the battery by the time you return the battery go don waka leave your bike.

Beside the way we drive here.no allowance for electric bike. You try am our angry drivers go send you Go beyond quickly.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by chukzyfcbb: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
Emeka71:
First of all buy your own bicycle and learn how to ride I was like that too until I bought bicycle at 30+ and learnt within 1 week; today I can travel with the bicycle to Abeokuta. I usually prefer travelling long distance bicycling.
nicey. I told someone the other day, that's it takes more gut to ride on the road with a bicycle than it is to drive a car for the first time on the road.

To me, cycling on the road where the moving cars are going fast can put huge fear in you as a beginner. But when you overcome this fear, driving a car wouldn't even scare you one bit.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by chukzyfcbb: 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

The 2018 Cannondale Super Six is $11,000, I wish I could swing that though I test drove a 2015 back in 2016
On the road, someone with a $600 bike could outrun you with metres ahead.
Yes one bike cost more than the other, carbon fibre, disc brakes and all of that.

But the thrill of every bicycle is how fast you can push it. In terms of power output, I am certain the $1500 wouldn't be so high from the $600bike or even $200 bike
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by spreado(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
redsun:

You can get a used one for less than three hundred pounds. It has been in existence for ages.

Whiteman's world feels like sci-fi movies you guys watch, they are always innovating and making improvements in their everyday lives,while the reverse is our case.
True thing @bold.
But the price is not affordable (in Nigeria) as the OP said. Even if used ones are being sold for 200 pounds, that is still alot of money in Nigeria
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by spreado(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Bros na me, i cari dat 11k go buy car
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by spreado(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
redsun:

Whiteman's world feels like sci-fi movies you guys watch,they are always innovating and making improvements in their everyday lives,while the reverse is our case.
Just saw comments about bike then i googled too, 300 pounds is not as expensive as i thought
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
spreado:

Bros na me, i cari dat 11k go buy car

I hear you Bro.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

On the road, someone with a $600 bike could outrun you with metres ahead.
Yes one bike cost more than the other, carbon fibre, disc brakes and all of that.

But the thrill of every bicycle is how fast you can push it. In terms of power output, I am certain the $1500 wouldn't be so high from the $600bike or even $200 bike

It’s okay.

I used to think like you before getting into the hobby.

Experience is a great teacher.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by chukzyfcbb: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It’s okay.

I used to think like you before getting into the hobby.

Experience is a great teacher.

Peace.
Egunmogaji as long as my bike is made up of Carbon fibre, lightweight and its a road bike and it has a good average speed gear atleast
all I would be concerned about is my cadence and not the price.
I am not saying a more expensive bike doesn't have other features, all I am saying is a more expensive bike doesn't translate to a faster cyclist.

In cycling, especially road bikes I am all about how fast I am going!
doing 80RPM on a $10,000 bike will still leave you at the bottom of a cycling group.
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

Egunmogaji as long as my bike is made up of Carbon fibre, lightweight and its a road bike and it has a good average speed gear atleast
all I would be concerned about is my cadence and not the price.
I am not saying a more expensive bike doesn't have other features, all I am saying is a more expensive bike doesn't translate to a faster cyclist.

In cycling, especially road bikes I am all about how fast I am going!
doing 80RPM on a $10,000 bike will still leave you at the bottom of a cycling group.

Excellent, you’ve got it all figured out.

Happy trails grin

PS: “I” still would never buy a $600 bike based on my 20 years experience in the hobby.

Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
interestingly they are very affordable!!

Uncle (egunmogaji) please do not come back empty handed o! I really need something like this wink

lol. any bucycle you are buying and it doesnt have from 500w and above motor, forget it..
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by sfinkzslot(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
sfinkzslot:
anything bendable that carries weight doesn't last, would stick to Raleigh been serving Najia since before 1960
Re: This Bicycle Can Be Folded, Charged And Be Used To Charge Other Devices by Godsgal(f): 7:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
obojememe:
I seriously dont know how to ride a bicycle at age 25+...hope am not alone in this
u definitely aren't o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / Would You Buy This Kit Car For N26m? (photos) / Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.