Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? (3830 Views)

Is Auto-blogging Against Adsense Policy / How To Set Adblock To Any Block Ads On Specific Sites / Display Google Ads With Anti Adblock Script For Blogger Blog And Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 12:44am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello guys, I want to know if it isn't against Adsense policies to use anti AdBlock. What I mean is a script which displays a wall stopping users from viewing your content until they disable their adblockers.

cc: seun, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2017
Anybody with an answer to this please?
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Finstar: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
This is funny.. Why would you hold your readers ransom for using adblocker? Forget the money and focus on value.. The money will eventually come. I promise you.....

If you want to own a blog but doesn't know how to begin, or perhaps you need a good web designer and developer, please reach me on 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Horlami3370: 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lol, it's not against Google AdSense policy to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 7:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
Finstar:
This is funny.. Why would you hold your readers ransom for using adblocker? Forget the money and focus on value.. The money will eventually come. I promise you.....
OK, thanks
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Horlami3370:
Lol, it's not against Google AdSense policy to do that.
Thanks for replying
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
Mehn... I'm taking it off but it really is difficult decision to take
sad

I make about $3 average everyday but got up to $10 within today I used the anti AdBlock script. 70% of my readers are Opera mini users and they have AdBlocks
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by busybrain123(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
talkeverytime:
sad

I make about $3 average everyday but got up to $10 within today I used the anti AdBlock script. 70% of my readers are Opera mini users and they have AdBlocks
Hope you have invalid click blocker plugin on your blog if not get ready for absence ban. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 5:37am On Oct 11, 2017
busybrain123:

Hope you have invalid click blocker plugin on your blog if not get ready for absence ban. grin
Lol... I do not have. But how much is a blog of 13,000 to 16,000 daily page views expected to get from Adsense in a day? without AdBlock
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Sixaxis: 7:22am On Oct 11, 2017
And e for make sense if u askd google too nah
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by martineverest(m): 7:27am On Oct 11, 2017
google is anti-googleing by buiding add blocking on chrome.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by fineyemi(m): 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
talkeverytime:
Hello guys, I want to know if it isn't against Adsense policies to use anti AdBlock. What I mean is a script which displays a wall stopping users from viewing your content until they disable their adblockers.

Its not. Many website are using it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Check My Signature Bro Via http://www..com
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by nairalandfreak(m): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2017
It is not.. even site like Forbes use adblocker

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by ibietela2(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
talkeverytime:

It's not, infact big brands uses it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by ibietela2(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Finstar:

If you want to own a blog but doesn't know how to begin, or perhaps you need a good web designer and developer, please reach me on 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9..

What kinda of rubbish is this? How do you want him to pay bills?
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by ibietela2(m): 7:46am On Oct 11, 2017
talkeverytime:
sad

And you are still asking this question? What platform do you use?
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 7:53am On Oct 11, 2017
Sixaxis:
And e for make sense if u askd google too nah
I didnt get a specific answer, I was hoping to hear from experts here
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Finstar: 7:57am On Oct 11, 2017
ibietela2:

What kinda of rubbish is this? How do you want him to pay bills?

See.. No one have the time to start going to settings, to remove adblocker before he can access your site. If he found out he can't , he will move over to the next blog immediately. There are thousands of blogs out there..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 8:09am On Oct 11, 2017
ibietela2:

And you are still asking this question? What platform do you use?
I use blogger
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2017
nairalandfreak:
It is not.. even site like Forbes use adblocker
Thank you
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2017
Finstar:

See.. No one have the time to start going to settings, to remove adblocker before he can access your site. If he found out he can't , he will move over to the next blog immediately. There are thousands of blogs out there..
This might just be the disadvantage and why I've taken it off for the moment. First time visitors to the blog will be pissed off but a lot of times, my readers know they can't find the same content I provide anywhere else at that moment. But I don't plan to continue using it cos I still need to increase my readership base

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by fineyemi(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2017
UK AdSense for sale 3000 naira. beep me on 08166343495 on whatsap
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2017
martineverest:
google is anti-googleing by buiding add blocking on chrome.
I don't understand what you mean here
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Finstar: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2017
talkeverytime:
This might just be the disadvantage and why I've taken it off for the moment. First time visitors to the blog will be pissed off but a lot of times, my readers know they can't find the same content I provide anywhere else at that moment. But I don't plan to continue using it cos I still need to increase my readership base

That's my point. Focus on value now.. When you've gotten the desirable audience, you won't worry about adblocker cause you'll be making enough.. Remember, earning is not only through Google Adsense.. There are many ways to earn..

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by jobbers: 9:27am On Oct 11, 2017
ask google
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
I once use it on my blog too but later removed it. To me it depends on what you choose to achieve. If AdSense is the main source of blog income, it is better to use the script.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by busybrain123(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
talkeverytime:
Lol... I do not have. But how much is a blog of 13,000 to 16,000 daily page views expected to get from Adsense in a day? without AdBlock
It depend where your visitors is coming from. Just make sure you are not forcing your visitors to click on your ads. and what niche is that.
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by webincomeplus(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
There's nothing wrong in using anti-Adblock since the essence of floating ads on your blog is to have them displayed.

To me, the idea of adblocks doesn't really make sense. Why would anyone visit my site to get free information that I work hard to generate, and still decide to block the ads that fetch me revenue?

I understand that ads are obtrusive, but if you're not fine with them, just leave my site and find your free information elsewhere. If you must enjoy my blog's content for free, then you must be willing to bear with my ads. Life is all about give and take. I'm blogging to make money, and running a blog comes with hosting and other expenses.

1 Like

Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
busybrain123:

It depend where your visitors is coming from. Just make sure you are not forcing your visitors to click on your ads. and what niche is that.
I do fiction stories there, different genres. I'm not forcing them to click on the ads. I've taken it off tho
Re: Is Using Anti Adblock Against Google Adsense Policy? by talkeverytime: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
webincomeplus:
There's nothing wrong in using anti-Adblock since the essence of floating ads on your blog is to have them displayed.

To me, the idea of adblocks doesn't really make sense. Why would anyone visit my site to get free information that I work hard to generate, and still decide to block the ads that fetch me revenue?

I understand that ads are obtrusive, but if you're not fine with them, just leave my site and find your free information elsewhere. If you must enjoy my blog's content for free, then you must be willing to bear with my ads. Life is all about give and take. I'm blogging to make money, and running a blog comes with hosting and other expenses.
That's it man! I use hours, I mean several hours to write my contents, if the readers are enjoying my content to always come back for more, then they should be nice enough to allow me get something in return too

(1) (2) (Reply)

Search Engine Optimization Tips / Create an Automatic/Autopilot Site/Blog (Tutorial) / 6 Easy Ways To Promote A New Or An Old Blog Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.