Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (548947 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2022
FBS:
Anyone watching the world cup?
Australia thought they could do a Saudi but France had a different plan. Entertaining "contest" though.

Australia was just too weak for France. They defeated my Dear country 4:1. That's so painful.

But it is what it is. France is a strong team right from time immemorial. Brazil is their mate.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
Mcslize:

Australia was just too weak for France. They defeated my Dear country 4:1. That's so painful.

But it is what it is. France is a strong team right from time immemorial. Brazil is their mate.
lol/
Painful? From now until winter, France suppose beat Australia every day of the week and then some more.
That was kinda expected really. cheesy

Their next game is against Tunisia and it's likely going to be physical and aggressive. Both teams must be ready to do battle cos if they lose, then its straight to the airport.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Silentthinker(f): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2022
[quote author=bellong post=118665018]

Which town in NSW? If your husband gets his truck licence, that will be a good advantage for him due to shortage of truck drivers.

Western NSW,Albury.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by bellong: 11:55pm On Nov 26, 2022
[quote author=Silentthinker post=118710533][/quote]

NSW is a better option between the two towns
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by SUGARCyprian247: 3:31am On Nov 27, 2022
I've read this particular comment over 10 times since August.

It's one of my greatest motivation to apply for AU student VISA.

Make money complete first !! I go show

DrCollins218:
My Australian landing gist and experience so far.

I arrived Australia on a PR visa through Qatar airways. It was a smooth scale at the border control apart from filling the long covid forms and entries.

I was picked up at the airport by a Senior Brother whom I have been living with and his family since my arrival.

Settling down in Australia as a new immigrant isn't easy especially getting used to a new system.

In terms of jobs, there are many jobs here that can fetch one good money both in the blue and white collar industry.

I got my first job in May and I have been enjoying the experience. Over here, people don't joke with time. If someone living in Australia spares sometime to respond to your questions, you should appreciate it because everyone is busy and on the move constantly.

I didn't understand this till I arrived.

Disability support worker jobs are everywhere in Sydney and they are heavily short staffed. In fact na dem dey beg you to come and work.

Disability support worker jobs can fetch one a good 3k dollars per forth night if you pick good shifts.

In terms of getting a professional job, it's very difficult because most companies won't employ someone without Australian local experience. For instance, if you a construction engineer, breaking into the construction industry is very difficult without local experience.

In terms of mobility, you will need a car, in fact most jobs will ask if you can drive, drivers license, car insurance etc.

Besides, having a car in Australia is a necessity not luxury. You can't get around without a car because everywhere is far from each other. I have spent 8 weeks here and I thank God for bringing me to the beautiful country despite the challenges of settling in.

If you have any questions please do ask me and I will be happy to respond.

Thank you so much and happy weekend.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Silentthinker(f): 4:54am On Nov 27, 2022
bellong:

Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Chocychoco: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2022
Good day.... I am currently schooling in UK (tier 4) and I don't really like the style and living conditions here and seeking alternatives. I have a wife and 2 kids and we are thinking about relocating to Australia on a study visa since it is the fastest and my visa in UK will end by May 2023.

I want your advice on how raising a family as well as working conditions in Aussie. And will I need to do ielts since I am attaching my masters certificate from UK

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ojexin(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2022
Hi
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Thegamingorca(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
grin
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by MrsJoycey1: 1:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Hi Chocychoco you may need to start reading from the beginning of this thread to fully comprehend.

Firstly, what did you study? Secondly do you have experience in that line? Check then from the second or third page here if you need skills assessment for your career line, also check the English requirements for your assessments (from my little knowledge you will need ielts for your visa application so might as well start studying for that).

Lastly wish you the best�

Chocychoco:
Good day.... I am currently schooling in UK (tier 4) and I don't really like the style and living conditions here and seeking alternatives. I have a wife and 2 kids and we are thinking about relocating to Australia on a study visa since it is the fastest and my visa in UK will end by May 2023.

I want your advice on how raising a family as well as working conditions in Aussie. And will I need to do ielts since I am attaching my masters certificate from UK
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kory(f): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2022
mokikeoj:
Please who knows of a Nigerian grocery store in Melbourne where I can get Nigeria foodstuff. I have been to an African store ( nula multiproducts) but would like to know of there are others. Thank you

Google Ejyke Henry. Sells Nigerian foodstuffs
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by momamorgz(f): 2:53pm On Dec 04, 2022
Happy Sunday Fam,
I'd be arriving Perth in Feb (By God's grace),
Please I want update about accommodation, best suburbs to raise kids? Is there a Nigerian community group over there? I am also a Rotarian, is there any in Perth?

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by OAOA: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2022
kory:

Google Ejyke Henry. Sells Nigerian foodstuffs

I'm aware there's a WhatsApp group for Nigerians in Melbourne. Can you please link me up with the Admin?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Mcslize: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
momamorgz:
Happy Sunday Fam,
I'd be arriving Perth in Feb (By God's grace),
Please I want update about accommodation, best suburbs to raise kids? Is there a Nigerian community group over there? I am also a Rotarian, is there any in Perth?

Try and reach out to Abisola Olu-Ojo on YouTube. Check her channel out. She is a Nigerian Australian living in Perth.

Comment on any of her videos, she will reply you. They do have a community of Nigerians in Perth. She might be of help.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by kory(f): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2022
OAOA:

I'm aware there's a WhatsApp group for Nigerians in Melbourne. Can you please link me up with the Admin?

Yes there is. Reach out to tyosho. Or send me a message. I can send your number there.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by EngrKemp: 11:53am On Dec 07, 2022
FBS:

1. Accomodation has gone bananas in Australia generally so for a family of 4 expect to cough out at least $AUD500/week depending on the area
2. It seems the 491 visa subclass does provide medicare and public school education - though not sure if childcare is included. Probably not as childcare is ridiculously expensive in Australia.
3. Apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted​ - This may be the biggest plus.
4. The Carer thing is booming in Australia right now so finding a job should not be difficult at all.

imo the major challenges would be accomodation and school for the kids also depending on their ages, plus its a temporary visa (5 years). And also the fact that Australia is far from "everywhere" - if you are the type that likes to be around other family members or miss home all the time - better to stay where you are now and build your future.
Interstate travel within Australia is already a "luxury" not to talk of flying home to Naija every holiday. cheesy

Good things - Australia is indeed a beautiful place at least in terms of nature, space, organised system of government - no different from most western countries but certainly not without its issues.

More info on the 491 visa here
Which site can I register for health care job in Australia.
I need to start searching for Australian jobs
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by FBS: 12:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
EngrKemp:

Which site can I register for health care job in Australia.
I need to start searching for Australian jobs
you can generally search for jobs on
seek.com.au
JobSearch.com.au
au.indeed.com

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by EngrKemp: 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
FBS:

you can generally search for jobs on
seek.com.au
JobSearch.com.au
au.indeed.com
Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by OAOA: 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
kory:

Yes there is. Reach out to tyosho. Or send me a message. I can send your number there.

Done, I really appreciate it
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by sammyuche(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
DrCollins218:

Unfortunately most pathways will require at least a first degree, however, you can refer to other Australian migration threads for more information.

How did it work out for u sir being a doctor in getting a PR. I'm also a doctor too. Did u have to write AMC from Nigeria ?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Silentthinker(f): 5:34am On Dec 17, 2022
bellong:

Thanks Bellong,I'm here again.......
I'm just at the stage of ANMAC skills assessment and I have got a couple of questions.
1.Must I use a nurse/midwife supervisor as my referee?can I use a doctor
2.Can I upload the student copy of my transcript or ask to be sent by my school to ANMAC?
3.Must my references be on letter headed papers?
4.How do i go about drafting the reference letters?My referees would ask me to write it and forward to them.
5.Above all,what are the key things to include in the assessment?
And other questions.....

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by skimpy(f): 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hello chief, congratulations on your PR. Pls, do you mind sharing how you finally did it so that other doctors like me can learn. Was it via the masters in nursing you talked about? My MD is from Ukraine, HJ and NYSC done in Nigeria. I also have a masters in Radiography from Estonia (E.U). My husband can’t apply for PR as his occupation (accountant) has severe backlog. Thank you

DrCollins218:
I arrived Australia yesterday safely on a PR visa. It was a smooth scale at the border control. If you have any questions you can ask me here and I will be happy to provide answers.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Emmandu(f): 8:40am On Jan 01, 2023
Hello house pls who know a reliable shipping company in Sydney that ships to Nigeria. Pls It’s urgent !
Thanks heaps!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Wrap46: 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2023
Why not use dhl or fedex

Emmandu:
Hello house pls who know a reliable shipping company in Sydney that ships to Nigeria. Pls It’s urgent !
Thanks heaps!
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Rang3rman2(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2023
Emmandu:
Thanks heaps!

Hey , I am one of the post graduate prospective students from Nigeria. I got your good news here on this tread and would like to know how to go about it. How did you finally go about the accommodation, what is your discipline, and how easy is work and study over there? Kindly reply me and preferably via my email address: preciousgold4reallove@yahoo.co.uk or phone contact: 07056456149. Hope to read from you soonest. Thanks.
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Samlakin: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2023
Good day,

I got a PhD full funded scholarship ($30,000 stipend) annually at University of South Australia which will commence by 5th of June. I have sent my transcript and waiting for COE to enable me apply for Visa.

The subclass 500 student visa allow me to go with my wife but I am worried if I will need to have a required sum of money to be declare for her upkeep.

I will appreciate any information in this regards.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Bamz(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2023
Tsauce:
Good day Nairalanders,
Please i will be arriving Adelaide in 2weeks and need help with accomodation. Please any help will be so appreciated .
Thank you.

Hello, how were you able to sort out your accommodation issue?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Jaqen(m): 11:38am On Jan 04, 2023
Is anyone going to Adelaide in February?
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Babydaddymateri(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=114150010]by applying online. [/quote
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by ak22(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Lushbaby:
Please � is there anyone coming to Sydney that can help me pick up my driver's license. Would really appreciate

why not dhl it
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Emmandu(f): 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2023
Wrap46:
Why not use dhl or fedex

Thanks
Re: Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant by Emmandu(f): 5:46pm On Jan 06, 2023
Rang3rman2:

Hey , I am one of the post graduate prospective students from Nigeria. I got your good news here on this tread and would like to know how to go about it. How did you finally go about the accommodation, what is your discipline, and how easy is work and study over there? Kindly reply me and preferably via my email address: preciousgold4reallove@yahoo.co.uk or phone contact: 07056456149. Hope to read from you soonest. Thanks.

Wrong mention..

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (131) (Reply)

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4

Viewing this topic: Cest2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.