Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture (19383 Views)

Palace Raises Alarm Over Plan To Install Hausa Traditional Ruler In Benin / The Highest And Most Polished Culture On Earth Is Yoruba Culture - Reno Omokri / Nigerians In Ireland Celebrate Yoruba Culture With Colourful Fabrics (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by femolii: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:
i agree fully and will now rant!! angry

Both Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam are a cancer. Useless religions that aim to project totally foreign cultures of Jews and Arabs on us Africans. Christians believe and affirm that a snake talked to Eve and a virgin gave birth without sex, Muslims believe angel Gabriel brought Koran to Muhammad and he also split the moon in 2 yet they laugh at the traditionalist for asserting that oduduwa came from heaven with a cock. If you have the right to lie to yourselves, why deny me mine? Is it your lie? angry

Hypocrites of the 2 religions everywhere. Taking oath of office with the Bible and Koran yet no fidelity in the corridors of power. Christian and Muslim politicians sharing money in abuja leaving the masses to be fighting over the useless religions in the streets. They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Christian leaders stealing, amassing jets etc at the expense of their poor members, Muslim leaders cradle robbing, amassing wives and encouraging extremist behavior in the youth. With all the religion in the country, what do we have to show for it?

What would it for our young people to realize that every land creates its own gods? Christianity and Islam spread round the world because Jews and Arabs are very wicked folks who don't believe in live and let live. See the carnage in the old testament and that in Islamic history and you wonder why we ever had anything to do with such blood thirstiness. Yoruba is at home with syncretism and I appreciate those adherents of islam and Christianity who do theirs with sense, remembering they're Yoruba before any foreign religion.

Edumare bless oba Lamidi, himself a Muslim but not oblivious to the danger posed by these foreign religions to our identity. If I ever pick up religion again, it'll be isese. At least I'll know I'm honouring the memory of my ancestors and not se foreign beasts who have nothing but contempt for me and my culture angry
where is your sense ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 1:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
This is why I respect iku baba yeye more than any other king in nigeria.

This is a man who understands what it means to be yoruba man and a guardian of yoruba culture unlike one ediotic ooni who soiled our culture to go and bow for jewish god that was killed with 3 nails like cockroach.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
femolii:
where is your sense ?

In my head. Where is yours? In.Muhammad's butt or in Jesu's beard? angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
i'm fully in support. Christianity and islam should be wiped off our land. I'll rather serve Ogun than one foooking geeehova.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by mmsen: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2017
He needs to talk to his bozo friend, the one who claimed that Jesus Christ is his father.

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
Jehovah is stupid!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by shukuokukobambi: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
GreatCracker:
may you get everything you've always wanted in life for beating me to say this piece

Amin ase edumare grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Both Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam are a cancer. Useless religions that aim to project totally foreign cultures of Jews and Arabs on us Africans. Christians believe and affirm that a snake talked to Eve and a virgin gave birth without sex, Muslims believe angel Gabriel brought Koran to Muhammad and he also split the moon in 2 yet they laugh at the traditionalist for asserting that oduduwa came from heaven with a cock. If you have the right to lie to yourselves, why deny me mine? Is it your lie? angry

Hypocrites of the 2 religions everywhere. Taking oath of office with the Bible and Koran yet no fidelity in the corridors of power. Christian and Muslim politicians sharing money in abuja leaving the masses to be fighting over the useless religions in the streets. They should start oath taking with sango and Ogun!!

Christian leaders stealing, amassing jets etc at the expense of their poor members, Muslim leaders cradle robbing, amassing wives and encouraging extremist behavior in the youth. With all the religion in the country, what do we have to show for it?

What would it for our young people to realize that every land creates its own gods? Christianity and Islam spread round the world because Jews and Arabs are very wicked folks who don't believe in live and let live. See the carnage in the old testament and that in Islamic history and you wonder why we ever had anything to do with such blood thirstiness. Yoruba is at home with syncretism and I appreciate those adherents of islam and Christianity who do theirs with sense, remembering they're Yoruba before any foreign religion.

Edumare bless oba Lamidi, himself a Muslim but not oblivious to the danger posed by these foreign religions to our identity. If I ever pick up religion again, it'll be isese. At least I'll know I'm honouring the memory of my ancestors and not se foreign beasts who have nothing but contempt for me and my culture angry

I wish I could like this post more than one time.

9 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
Allah is mad!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

When the Christianity over enter my head sometime ago, I changed my surname after one rubbish deliverance like that. I was in the process of making it legal before sense returned cheesy
Lolz!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
The real God is Eledumare who sent Oduduwa with a roaster and a bowl of sand to create the earth.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by EvilMetahuman: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Olu317:
Are you alright at all? Is it Ooni's stool you refer to with such insult? If You have a problem with your own personal lineage, why not sort it out them. You better know how to comment on social media. Wherever you are located in life is accessible to breeze. Be very warned.
ooni insulted entire yoruba race when he declared jesus is bigger than all our gods.

Shut the fhuck up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
This is why I respect iku baba yeye more than any other king in nigeria.

This is a man who understands what it means to be yoruba man and a guardian of yoruba culture unlike one ediotic ooni who soiled our culture to go and bow for jewish god that was killed with 3 nails like cockroach.
That Ooni of Ife is so fucckking annoying

6 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Kabiyesi is right..

A friend of mine recently changed his Surname to Oluwayinka from Ogunyinka.

Some parents have abandoned Traditional Yoruba names for names that ought to be given to dogs.

Nowadays, You see Children bearing names like covenant, Godspower, Thanksgiving, Offering etc

Christian movies too are not helping matters

those are even better people now name SHAWN FLINT EON ETC
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by laborious(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
oodualover:

I love you baba! I respect you more than that nonsense and shiity Ooni of Ife.
Kabiyesi oo!
Kojo pe lori!
Ki bata pe lese!
na wa ooo... Why u just foolish like dis na...sense fall on you oo before its too late..
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Alao96(m): 1:51pm On Oct 10, 2017
Yoruba culture cant be assaulted...go to Brazil , Cuba and Jamaica dy worship sango............and we also have a strong link in new Orleans.........Remember we don't worship d religion or d imam,pastor or ifa priest..Na God b d koko Incase u dunno....we all have to reach out to God...whether through African traditional religion ,Islam or xtianity.....

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Allah is mad!

you don't necessarily have to be insultive. prove a point and leave.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by ziggyzee: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
I have found peace of mind and purpose since going back to my roots. With Christianity and Islam, I lived in a confused state all my life, filled with conflicting principles, both imported cultures aimed at disparaging my Yoruba heritage by coloring it black and making it seem barbaric. English for me is the vernacular, my kids will never have non-Yoruba names and they will only converse with me in Yoruba.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by sojdson: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
I disagree with you. There are some of Yoruba culture that needed to be eliminated; Ijede in Ikorodu, Lagos for instance did ORO for about 3 days this year. Women cannot go out for each of the day because they do theirs during the day. The last one they did was on Saturday, all girls writing GCE Biology practical (WAEC) have to look for place outside Ijede to stay. They left on Friday and to come back home Sunday morning. If there is no Christianity/Islam, human sacrifice might continue till date.

shukuokukobambi:

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
RELIGION and TRADITION are two separate entities, one shouldn't meddle into the other.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Allah is mad!
He is madder than maddest

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 1:57pm On Oct 10, 2017
sojdson:
I disagree with you. There are some of Yoruba culture that need to be eliminated; Ijede in Ikorodu, Lagos for instance did ORO for about 3 days this year. Women cannot go out for each of the day because they do theirs during the day. The last one they did was on Saturday, all girls writing GCE Biology practical (WAEC) have to look for place outside Ijede to stay. They left on Friday and to come back home Sunday morning. If there is no Christianity/Islam, May be human sacrifice will continue till date.

Are these two not responsible for more human deaths and calamities?

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Allah is mad!
do you need to behave like one that is cursed by sòponná? Please my brother, everyone is proving a point here, and you, you're showcasing your foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by teddyJ5: 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
Gud submission from d Monarch but isn't it too late because d harm had been done
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by codemaniacs: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
kk
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by maykam(m): 2:02pm On Oct 10, 2017
oodualover:

He is madder than maddest
bro, the one you support is a christian I presumed, why can't he say Jesus is madder? Let's remove hatred from here, everyone is only trying to say thier opinion juxtaposing between religion and tradition.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by oodualover: 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
maykam:

bro, the one you support is a christian I presumed, why can't he say Jesus is madder? Let's remove hatred from here, everyone is only trying to say thier opinion juxtaposing between religion and tradition.
I am not religious so i am not juxtaposing between religion.
Ok let me be fair. Jesus is madder than maddest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by muyinet: 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

In my head. Where is yours? In.Muhammad's butt or in Jesu's beard? angry

You err by responding to his obvious foolishness. Silence should have been seen as sufficient for his enslaved soul.
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by codemaniacs: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
kk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
Omofunaab2:
Kabiyesi is right..

A friend of mine recently changed his Surname to Oluwayinka from Ogunyinka.

Some parents have abandoned Traditional Yoruba names for names that ought to be given to dogs.

Nowadays, You see Children bearing names like covenant, Godspower, Thanksgiving, Offering etc

Christian movies too are not helping matters

What is wrong with Oluwayinka?
Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by muyinet: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
sojdson:
I disagree with you. There are some of Yoruba culture that needed to be eliminated; Ijede in Ikorodu, Lagos for instance did ORO for about 3 days this year. Women cannot go out for each of the day because they do theirs during the day. The last one they did was on Saturday, all girls writing GCE Biology practical (WAEC) have to look for place outside Ijede to stay. They left on Friday and to come back home Sunday morning. If there is no Christianity/Islam, human sacrifice might continue till date.

Tell me how many death have been recorded this year from ritualist compared to the numbers of death from boko haram and ISIS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture by bhabz01(m): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2017
MrIrohKenedy:
yeroba culture like skul mining and head hunting

he should thank God for the good people of yeroba Christians
if not by now skull mining would have been legal and head hunting a job to the jobless yoots
God bless yeroba Christians

cc
Alcatraz005

mtcheew..
Sense Fall On You...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Common Name In Your Tribe? / “Marriage Not On My Mind”, Ooni Of Ife Debunks Rumour Of Marrying Tope Adesegun / Nasiru Ado-Bayero, Emir Of Bichi Coronation (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.