Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) (4821 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Thread For Food Scientist& Technologist In All Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria / The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) by obstead200(m): 12:47am On Mar 10, 2010
Please, I have a question for those in the civil service.

When they say someone is on CONTISS 7 (N579,391- N857,305), Does this amount represent total take-home pay (less taxes) or are there some other allowances not included in the above package?
Re: For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) by Mwakuk(m): 9:48am On Mar 10, 2010
Those figures are what is referred to as 'gross income' i.e. they are inclusive of taxes and other deductions that may be effected. It is not net pay, which you may call 'take home pay.

There could be other allowances, especially DTA which is payable if you are going to an official duty outside your duty station. These allowances are amended from time to time by Government circulars. The Duty Tour Allowance (DTA) is graduated according to your salary scale, the higher your scale the better,

Not to worry, when you are offered the job, you will get to know more about the civil service. grin. I hope I have answered your question.
Re: For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) by obstead200(m): 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2010
na wa o!
how can somebody earning so little survive in this country?
Re: For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2010
It's that bad bro.
Re: For Those In The Civil Service (tertiary Institutions) by Mwakuk(m): 4:52pm On Mar 12, 2010
THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED 'CIVIL SERVANTS'.  THE GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS THAT IT TRICKLES IN REGULARLY, JUST TO KEEP BODY AND SOUL TOGETHER.  :DWE HOPE IT WILL BE INCREASED SOON, AFTERALL THEY WERE PROMISED A 'LIVING WAGE' THIS YEAR. IT IS HOPED THEY WILL FEEL THE GOODLUCK OF AG. PRESIDENT JONATHAN. cool

(1) (Reply)

Career: For Engineers (mechanical,electrical,civil,structural, Chemical, E.t.c / Environmental Sciences Disciplines:Enviro.Scientists/Managers/Engineers Forum / How Do I Become A Charted Accountant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.