Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. (2750 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Bible Doctrine And Church Doctrine? / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
Whenever it comes to tithe, what rings or come to everyone's mind including mine is ten percent of one's income whether fixed income or not. Mind you, I'm a christian and I'm not against tithe besides the bible said in Malachi 3:10

"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be zoom enough to receive it."

and in Luke 6:38, it also says

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

So who am I to go against what GOD has pronounced through HIS Word. But what gets me confused and thinking is the doctrine that says ten percent of one's income is his tithe. What's confusing in that you may ask?. well i have combed the bible from Genesis to Revelation and I haven't seen where it is written that ten percent of one's income must be his/her tithe, although the Bible did say that one's givings (whether tithes or offerings) must be something of value and worth.

So That's why I'm asking why is it so. why is it been preached in our churches today that one's tithe might be ten percent out of his/her income. Is that doctrine, the Bible's doctrine (GOD'S Word) or a church doctrine. If it's the Bible's doctrine, then I would like a Nairalander to let me know by showing me the passage(s) or scripture(s) in the Bible that supports that.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Pusyiter(m): 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bros, from your write up, you already know the TRUTH.
Mal 3: 10....the question is, are you a jew? only Jews are permitted to practice such instruction.
Luke 10:38...it is an advise on how to give. It is Men that give to your bosom not God.
Therefore, the choice is yours
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2ekpa(m): 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Pusyiter:
Mal 3: 10....the question is, are you a jew? only Jews are permitted to practice such instruction.
Luke 10:38...it is an advise on how to give. It is Men that give to your bosom not God.
Brother...with due respect, stop saying things that you don't know. God sees all activities on Nairaland too, and He will bring it to Judgement.

Any Believing Christian who believes that there's a particular portion of the Holy Bible that does not apply to him/her, needs to still check his Christianity. The Bible says in Galatians 3:29, that since we are Christ, then we are true Abraham's descendants. In other words, whatever Abraham is, is what we are, and the commandments of Abraham is our commandments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2ekpa:

Brother...with due respect, stop saying things that you don't know. God sees all activities on Nairaland too, and He will bring it to Judgement.

Any Believing Christian who believes that there's a particular portion of the Holy Bible that does not apply to him/her, needs to still check his Christianity. The Bible says in Galatians 3:29, that since we are Christ, then we are true Abraham's descendants. In other words, whatever Abraham is, is what we are, and the commandments of Abraham is our commandments.
So many doctrines thrown up and down by Pastorpreneurs.
Your sentence about portions of the Bible and Christian conduct is erroneous. I can tell you categorically that many portions of the Bible do not define the conducts of Christians. Many of those portions are just stories on the customs, conducts and history of the Jewish people. A Christian is not expected to practice all of those.
The next sentence about Abraham commandments being our commandments is meaningless except you come clear with the message you want to pass. Abraham was not commanded to bring a 10% of his wages or salary, weekly or monthly to any Gentile Bishop, Prophet or Apostle. There was no record that Abraham paid tithe from his weekly or monthly earnings which were enormous wealth of gold, silver, bronze, cattles, farmland, workers and industry. He never paid tithe on all these. The isolated incidence of giving tithe to a mysterious priest, Melchizedek was not from Commandments and it was spoils of war better still materials belonging to Lot and King of Sodom, which he promptly returned the remaining 90% to the owners.

Pastorpreneurs and their agents will not cease to amaze with their twisted doctrines. It is no longer Mal 3:10 but Abraham's commandments.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Topgainer:

Your sentence about portions of the Bible and Christian conduct is erroneous. I can tell you categorically that many portions of the Bible do not define the conducts of Christians. Many of those portions are just stories on the customs, conducts and history of the Jewish people. A Christian is not expected to practice all of those.
The next sentence about Abraham commandments being our commandments is meaningless except you come clear with the message you want to pass. Abraham was not commanded to bring a 10% of his wages or salary, weekly or monthly to any Gentile Bishop, Prophet or Apostle. There was no record that Abraham paid tithe from his weekly or monthly earnings which were enormous wealth of gold, silver, bronze, cattles, farmland, workers and industry. He never paid tithe on all these. The isolated incidence of giving tithe to a mysterious priest, Melchizedek was not from Commandments and it was spoils of war better still materials belonging to Lot and King of Sodom, which he promptly returned the remaining 90% to the owners.

Pastorpreneurs and their agents will not cease to amaze with their twisted doctrines. It is no longer Mal 3:10 but Abraham's commandments.

Bro, let me get you right. Are you saying that paying of tithe is wrong or undoctrinal. If yes, prove it with a passage(s) or scripture(s) from the Bible and not just by assumptions or what you think?. THANK YOU.

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
Fellow Nairalanders and fewers of these thread, let me set things straight here.
This thread is not about whether paying of tithe is right or not but it is about whether paying of ten percent out of one's income is the Bible's doctrine or the church doctrine. And please your answers, suggestions and opinions must be supported with a passage from the Bible (we are christians and we obey and do the doctrines written in the Bible (GOD'S Word) and not outside the Bible).
So please every prospective commentor on this thread should not try to change the topic.

THANKS FOR COMPLYING IN ADVANCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
preciousuweh:

Bro, let me get you right. Are you saying that paying of tithe is wrong or undoctrinal. If yes, prove it with a passage(s) or scripture(s) from the Bible and not just by assumptions or what you think?. THANK YOU.
There is nothing like paying tithe. it is 'giving' tithe. What people do today and call it Tithe has no links to Jesus, Peter and Paul. It's also not how the Jews or Abraham gave Tithe.

I am not going to do your assignment for you. Find the proofs for yourself from your Bible. If you don't have a copy get one. There are resources here to help you in your study.
e.g.
https://www.nairaland.com/113108/truth-pastor-not-tell-tithes
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
ikbnice (m ), dlastkingkay (m ), BoyHuncho (m ), talk2saintify (m ), duch12 ( m), lefulefu ( m), INTROVERT (f ), harjibolar10 ( m), IamAirforce1 , davidflo (m ), ritababe (f ), Therock5555 (m ), Airforce1 (m ), xaviercasmir( m), KimberlyWest(f ), Listener07 , Ishilove , BABAnLA ( m), lhawarl1 , Dyazeez ( m), Kimkardashain(f ), SageSleek( m), Explorers( m), ikombe, wizsolzy ( m), lalasticlala( m), slimhomiequan (m ), Onemansquad (m ), Tamarapetty(f ), fiyah (f ), tosyne2much (m ), Mynd44 , Seun (m ), donkross1 ( m), Oyinprince( m), danibliss (m ), kingofcasting (m ), MaziOmenuko , PamelB ( f ), TemitopeDaniel (m ), chistar01 (m ), jezuzboi ( m), Bibi294 (f ), LarrySun( m), Chumzypinky (f ), AudreyTimms( f ), TheBlessedMAN , solomonbrown64 , ClassCaptain ( m), cuteboyrichboy (m ), bibijay123 ( f ), hopefulLandlord.
Please I will need your say on this matter.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2ekpa(m): 10:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
Topgainer:

Pastorpreneurs is the new name? Anyway, Please note the following:

1. I'm not a Pastor of any Church, but I'm a Pastor of my life and family

2. Please next time, before you attack people and start calling them names, please try, atleast, please try and even understand them.

You claim I have erroneous statement in my comment, but can't you see that your whole comment is erroneous?

Why are you attacking me about tithe? Did I even mention tithe in my comment? This is where we always get it wrong, when we are just to hasty to air our view, without even listening enough.

Did I say Abraham was commanded to pay tithe?

I was responding to someone who thinks that certain portion of the Holy Bible does not apply to him, and hear you are almost eating my flesh as though I profaned the Name of the Lord Jesus.

I can tell you categorically that many portions of the Bible do not define the conducts of Christians. Many of those portions are just stories on the customs, conducts and history of the Jewish people. A Christian is not expected to practice all of those.

And by the way, the above is your believe too? Then I will not be afraid or ashame to tell you exactly what I told the brother above:
Please, go and check your Christianity

I've come across your likes so many times. People who will think and tell you that some part of the Scripture is for them, while other part is not for them. check it, in most cases when people tell you that, it because their actions is standing in opposition to what that particular scripture they are running from says.

They will tell you, this is not for me, it is not for our generations, God told that to Abraham not me, it was Abrahamic generation not my generation. Yet when the song
Abraham Blessings are mine
is raised in the Church, they are still the ones that will echo it the loudest.

Please, let not delude ourselves (Galatians 6:7), if you can't do Abraham's instructions and his generations is not yours, then don't expect his blessings to be yours.

If you believe in one part of the scriptures, and disdained the other, then let me ask you; Does the scriptures now have different authors aside the Breathe of God, which is the Holy Spirit? Look at what the Bible says;

2nd Timothy 3:16:

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right...NLT

As if that is not enough, see just how The Living Bible put it

2nd Timothy 3:16:

The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right...TLB

Did you see that; All Scripture, All Scripture...The whole Bible, The whole Bible

What again did you call it...? History, Lifestyle, Culture, Instructions...Call it whatever you like; The Bible says; 2nd Timothy 3:16: The whole Bible was given to us by inspiration from God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives; it straightens us out and helps us do what is right

Bro, you see some of this old "Histories, Cultures and Lifestyle" you are referring to in your comment, if you read it allowing the Power of God to be dawn on you, You wont know when you'll burst into tears.

I trust and pray that the Spirit of God will minister more understanding of this Words to your heart. However, if you quote me again, I'm not going to reply. God Bless You Sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2017
Topgainer:

There is nothing like paying tithe. it is 'giving' tithe. What people do today and call it Tithe has no links to Jesus, Peter and Paul. It's also not how the Jews or Abraham gave Tithe.

I am not going to do your assignment for you. Find the proofs for yourself from your Bible. If you don't have a copy get one. There are resources here to help you in your study.
e.g.
https://www.nairaland.com/113108/truth-pastor-not-tell-tithes

Hmmmm bro you said paying or giving as of tithe as you termed it has nothing to do with Jesus or the Apostles. Really. please can you kindly show me the passage in the Bible where it is written that Jesus Christ said giving of tithe is disallowed in the church cos you aren't proving anything to me except just beating about the bush. Because I read in the Bible were Jesus in Luke 6:38, said

"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

The giving Jesus was talking about covered tithes, offerings and charity giving.
You also said that peter and Paul or the apostles weren't connected to tithe which means they didn't support it at all but you've also forgotten (i.e if you read the Bible at all) that they also accepted donations, offerings and tithes giving by the members of the early church which was used in running the church then. If they weren't connected or were against it, why did they accept those givings.
And also if Jesus Christ was against tithe why did he encourage people to give. why didn't He preach against it or why didn't He stop the poor lady from giving all that she had as an offering or tithe (whatever reason she was giving for), why did He praise her thereby setting her as an example. And you also said the way we give tithes today is not how the Jews and Abraham gave tithe. please can you kindly tell me how they gave tithe then.
These are questions that i want you to answer. And as I said earlier prove it by giving scriptural reference (s) to show were Jesus or the apostles kicked against tithe.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Pusyiter:
This is what you replied with such an erroneous message as all portions of the Bible... It was about tithe.
You complicated your stand by misquoting 2 Tim 3:16.
Start applying all portions of the Scripture by making an offering of a Turtle dove tomorrow, push your wife to a hut the next time she is on her period and sacrifice a Lamb as Abraham was commanded to do.

talk2ekpa:

I was responding to someone who thinks that some portion of the Holy Bible does not apply to him, Please, let not delude ourselves (Galatians 6:7), if you can't do Abraham's instructions and generations is not yours, then don't expect his blessings to be yours. Did you see that; All Scripture, All Scripture...The whole Bible, The whole Bible
What again did you call it...? History, Lifestyle, Culture, Instructions...Call it whatever you like; The Bible says; 2nd Timothy 3:16:
I didn't have the need to quote you, but interestingly you almost confused me with your lengthy reply. Abraham's blessings are mine and I don't have to do All that he did like trying to sacrifice Isaac in a test, going to war and sleeping with a maid. Those are stories that I must practice? And may I repeat that some portions of the Bible are stories on the customs of the Jews and I must not practice them to be at peace with my maker. I will not practice them, the ways of Christ is good enough, His yoke is easy and His burden light but it appears Pastorpreneurs and their agents want to yoke people (we the Gentiles) with Jewish customs.
I think I have summarized all I'll ever tell you on the vague posts you made up there.
Bye and God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2saintify(m): 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
I WONT LIE...
I DIDNT READ MY BIBLE OFTEN...

BUH AM SURE THE BIBLE MADE IT LEARN THAT

AS FAR AS YHU EARN MONEY/SALARY GIVE 10% OR IT IS 20? OF YHUR SALARY TO GOD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2ekpa(m): 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
preciousuweh:
Fellow Nairalanders and fewers of these thread, let me set things straight here.
This thread is not about whether paying of tithe is right or not but it is about whether paying of ten percent out of one's income is the Bible's doctrine or the church doctrine. And please your answers, suggestions and opinions must be supported with a passage from the Bible (we are christians and we obey and do the doctrines written in the Bible (GOD'S Word) and not outside the Bible).
So please every prospective commentor on this thread should not try to change the topic.

THANKS FOR COMPLYING IN ADVANCE.
My friend, I just want to believe that you have ask this question not to stair up argument, but because you want to know. Tithe is commanded to be paid at 10% of your total incomes. Nothing below 10%, but if the Lord lead you to pay above 10%, then that is just your dealing with God, and how He has led you. But nothing lower than the tenth of your income. Here are scriptural origin of 10% of tithe: Genesis 28:20-22, Leviticus 27:32, Numbers 18:26,

Have you heard of a Business Inventor by the name Robert Gilmore LeTourneau? This man Lived on 10% of his total income, and gave the remaining 90% to God... But despite that, please, Google his name, see what God entrusted into his hands before he died.

Finally, Please do not allow anybody to tell you that tithing is not in the New Testament, and that Jesus did not talk about it. That is not true. Look at what the Bible says;
Matthew 23:23:
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former...NIV

The above verse is very simple to understand, but most a times, many Christians do misunderstand the verse above. Imagine what the other brother could say...a Christian for that matter....that
This statement is very wrong. Let see the above verse from another translation:

Matthew 23:23:
"What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Do I still need to explain anything else about this matter?
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
preciousuweh:

The giving Jesus was talking about covered tithes.
peter and Paul or the apostles (i.e if you read the Bible at all) also accepted donations, offerings and tithes giving by the members of the early church
which was used in running the church then.
If they weren't connected or were against it, why did they accept those givings.
And also if Jesus Christ was against tithe why did he encourage people to give. why didn't He stop the poor lady from giving all that she had as tithe
Bye Bye.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2ekpa:

My friend, I just want to believe that you have ask this question not to stair up argument, but because you want to know. Tithe is commanded to be paid at 10% of your total incomes. Nothing below 10%, but if the Lord lead you to pay above 10%, then that is just your dealing with God, and how He has led you. But nothing lower than the tenth of your income. Here are scriptural origin of 10% of tithe: Genesis 28:20-22, Leviticus 27:32, Numbers 18:26,

Have you heard of a Business Inventor by the name Robert Gilmore LeTourneau? This man Lived on 10% of his total income, and gave the remaining 90% to God... But despite that, please, Google his name, see what God entrusted into his hands before he died.

Finally, Please do not allow anybody to tell you that tithing is not in the New Testament, and that Jesus did not talk about it. That is not true. Look at what the Bible says;

The above verse is very simple to understand, but most a times, many Christians do misunderstand the verse above. Imagine what the other brother could say...a Christian for that matter....that This statement is very wrong. Let see the above verse from another translation:

Do I still need to explain anything else about this matter?

Bro, thanks for the mention. I'm a christian and I support and agree with the paying of tithe becos it's scriptural. I was only asking if paying of ten percent of one's income is the Bible's doctrine or the doctrine of the church because I was confused about it and needed an answer to it remember the Bible says "IRON SHAPERNETH IRON". But anyway thanks for the scriptural references, I will check them out.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
Topgainer:

Bye Bye.

BYE. And next time when you are arguing about anything from the Bible, do it with proves and not just your assumptions or opinions.

Thanks. you actually made my evening.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
The Tithe is a SCAM!
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
[quote author=talk2saintify post=61300964]I WONT LIE...
I DIDNT READ MY BIBLE OFTEN...

BUH AM SURE THE BIBLE MADE IT LEARN THAT
AS FAR AS YHU EARN MONEY/SALARY GIVE 10% OR IT IS 20? OF YHUR SALARY TO GOD[/quote
]

Bia talk2saintify , May GOD bless you there.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2ekpa, you must be a pastorpreneur or his agent if Mt 23:23 is where you saw that people should submit 10% of their salary and wages weekly and monthly to one businessman, Gentile Capitalist and Bishop. Very clearly that passage is about the Jews and they gave tithes of crops ( example spices: mint, dill and Cummins), Deuteronomy 14 says it was given once in 3 years with other conditions.
I am tempted to say that you are shallow in your understanding of clear language and context but then it is not your making.

King James and NKJV are near unadulterated versions of the Bible. It made no mention of money tithes not even among the Jews to whom Tithe laws were given.
I am expecting a new version where the pastorpreneur gangs will include such nice ideas that people should submit their wages and salary weekly or monthly to the Gentile Pastorpreneur. Welldone Sir.

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lazy shameless so called pastors refuse to work and instead prefer to rely on the hard labour and sweat of others to make two ends meet.

Ask yourself one simple question, when these thieves tell you that you are paying your tithe money to God, does God eat money or spend money?

Usually, the money is collected and spent on furthering the business empire of the so-called man of God and the rest is used to take care of his needs and that of his family. They very rarely use this money to help the widows, orphans and needy. Thieves, Thieves all of them.

"When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied." - Deuteronomy 26:12

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
frosbel2:
The Tithe is a SCAM!

Really, are you sure of that?

If it is a scam can you kindly show me the passage(s) or scripture(s) in the Bible that said tithe is a SCAM as you said?

THANK YOU.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2ekpa(m): 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
frosbel2:
Lazy shameless so called pastors refuse to work and instead prefer to rely on the hard labour and sweat of others to make two ends meet.

Ask yourself one simple question, when these thieves tell you that you are paying your tithe money to God, does God eat money or spend money?

Usually, the money is collected and spent on furthering the business empire of the so-called man of God and the rest is used to take care of his needs and that of his family. They very rarely use this money to help the widows, orphans and needy. Thieves, Thieves all of them.

"When you have finished setting aside a tenth of all your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that they may eat in your towns and be satisfied." - Deuteronomy 26:12
Stop saying what you don't know. Don't let your small tongue or tiny, tiny fingers set you on fire. Do you even read your Bible at all.
Gal. 6:6
Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
talk2ekpa:

Stop saying what you don't know. Don't let your small tongue or tiny, tiny fingers set you on fire. Do you even read your Bible at all.

The actual translation is " to share " not " provide "

The Greek word used in this verse is Κοινωνείτω which according to strongs 2841 means to "to have a share of". It does not mean to provide.

For example, if a brother comes to my house to share the word of God, I can share my supper with him or share some foodstuffs or clothes. Nothing to do with a perpetual and endless provision of resources for lazy people.

I suggest you meditate on the following scriptures ;
" For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

" Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you." - 1 Thessalonians 2:9

"Paul went to visit them, and he stayed and worked with them because they were tentmakers by trade, just as he was." - Acts 18:3

"You yourselves know that these hands of mine have ministered to my own needs and those of my companions." - Acts 20:34

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 11, 2017
frosbel2:

Bro, there is something I will like to clarify. No pastor can fraud me rather he is frauding God. God commanded His people (the Christians) to pay tithes which is want I do by his grace. so if I pay my tithe to a church or pastor, I'm definately paying my tithes to God. so if the pastor's decide to commit fraud by stealing tithes for their private benefits and gains, then bro, I'm not the one they are frauding and stealing rather they are frauding or stealing from God, because that money seizes to be mine but GOD'S the moment I give it as tithe.

Take for example you are been payed at the end of the month by the company you work for. That salary you received initially belonged to the company until the very moment it was handed over to you as your salary, from that moment it now belongs to you, so if in the process it got stolen, lost or misused, the company won't be affected or be concerned about it. They won't say they were robbed or their money got stolen or misuse rather they will say that your money got stolen,lost or misused.

So that's the same scenero that takes place when I pay my tithe. that money seizes to be mind which initially it was, the moment I payed it as my tithe. so if the the pastor decides to steal, fraud or misuse it then that means he is automatically frauding or stealing from GOD and not me or the tither and those so called men of GOD have GOD to contend with, for the Bible says in Hebrew 10:31 "it is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the LORD". Their judgement is unnegotiable unless they repent sincerely. this is what JESUS CHRIST was criticizing the pharasee and the scribes for (stealing of tithes and offering).

One thing I know is that whenever I give my tithes the blessings proclaimed for tithe givers in Malachi 3:10 and Luke 6:38 comes upon me whether the false prophets fraud or steals the tithe or not.

THANK YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2ekpa(m): 12:37am On Oct 11, 2017
frosbel2:

The actual translation is " to share " not " provide "

The Greek word used in this verse is Κοινωνείτω which according to strongs 2841 means to "to have a share of". It does not mean to provide.

For example, if a brother comes to my house to share the word of God, I can share my supper with him or share some foodstuffs or clothes. Nothing to do with a perpetual and endless provision of resources for lazy people.

I suggest you meditate on the following scriptures ;
" For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." - 2 Thessalonians 3:10

" Surely you remember, brothers and sisters, our toil and hardship; we worked night and day in order not to be a burden to anyone while we preached the gospel of God to you." - 1 Thessalonians 2:9

"Paul went to visit them, and he stayed and worked with them because they were tentmakers by trade, just as he was." - Acts 18:3

"You yourselves know that these hands of mine have ministered to my own needs and those of my companions." - Acts 20:34

Bro, when last did you went on evangelism, when last did you bear another mans' burden, Have you ever fasted not for you, but for another brother? Have you stand to preach before, do you know anything about preparing sermon notes or even writing Bible study outlines? In fact, have you ever even, gone to church activities continuously for a week, have you ever denied yourself meal for 40 days or even 2 months? Try it, and you'll know what it takes to be Minister.
The Apostle Paul you have referred to, in so many of his Sermon, have urged and encouraged believers on giving. Even the above Gal 6:6 which you have interpreted erroneously was inspired through him.

Look, in short, you don't wanna pay tithe...? Good for you, don't pay. I am a tither to the later, and nothing will ever change that.

Infact, Never pay your tithe, let me continue paying, at the end of the day, let compare the results...There is power in tithing bro.... Just go test Him (God) and see! Mal. 3:10
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 1:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Ladies and Gentlemen, it appears pastorpreneurs have recruited some monikers or created some themselves to fight back. Since more people are beginning to realize the fraudulent nature of the pastorpreneur tithing system that required the thoroughly brainwashed to submit 10% of wages and salary to Papa, it became incumbent to recruit people like these two gentlemen up there, liking and sharing their posts.
talk2ekpa on one hand thinks he is obeying one commandment to 'PAY' tithe because he submits 10% of his wages to a Gentile Papa and the other who is the Op said Jesus took tithe from a poor widow. Peter and Paul also took tithes from the disciples.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by hopefulLandlord: 1:46am On Oct 11, 2017
preciousuweh:
hopeful.Landlord.
Please I will need your say on this matter.
I'm not a Christian
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Topgainer: 2:00am On Oct 11, 2017
talk2ekpa:

Look, in short, you don't wanna pay tithe...? Good for you, don't pay. I am a tither to the later, and nothing will ever change that.Infact, Never pay your tithe, let me continue paying, at the end of the day, let compare the results...There is power in tithing bro.... Just go test Him (God) and see! Mal. 3:10
Have you finished reading Deuteronomy 14 and 26:12? Are you afraid to read there? The Truth you can get there is that in your whole life you have never given Tithe.

Parading 10 percent of you wages weekly, before a gentile Papa is not Tithe, not according to Jewish Laws, not according to Abraham, not according to Jesus and not according to Peter and Paul. The same with 100% of your January Salary which you assumed to be first fruit.
You have never given Tithe correctly, so what you do is not and can never be Tithing.
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Bibi294(f): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2017
preciousuweh:
Whenever it comes to tithe, what rings or come to everyone's mind including mine is ten percent of one's income whether fixed income or not.

Dear Op, Check dictionaries, scriptural books and some (new generational)bibles... tithe means one-tenth....

Moreso, what is Tithe in your native language...

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by talk2saintify(m): 8:58am On Oct 11, 2017
[quote author=preciousuweh post=61301490][/quote]

yea
Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by paxonel(m): 9:19am On Oct 11, 2017
Pls don't fall into that kinda a scam called tithe it is not christianity. It is judaism.
Even today Jews don't pay tithe, they laugh christians what are you doing?
Find out.
Malachi was Judaism not christianity.
Abraham was judaism not christianity.
And you know what Judaism was?
It was the old covenant which God has rejected now and lifted christianity (the new covenant) for salvation.
I'm very sure that pastors like adeboye, olukoya, oyedepo etc who are enriching themselves with tithe money do not consider this fact or they are deliberately ignoring it.
Abraham blessings are mine does not mean that we should go and carry course that was meant for Abraham

1 Like

Re: Ten Percent For Tithe: Is It The Bible's Doctrine Or The Church's Doctrine. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not a Christian

What are you. A Muslim or an Atheist?
Don't be offended by my question cos I always see you in almost every Christian thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

One With God Is A Majority / Another Jesus? / Is Time Endless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.