Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Another Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Jesus? (2752 Views)

Another Jesus, Another Gospel (1) / Another Jesus? / What If Another Jesus Comes Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Apr 21, 2010
Another Jesus 
March 5, 2010

"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." (2 Corinthians 11:4)

The verses following our text contain an enlightening warning about false teachers. One should not carelessly follow a personable religious leader merely because he "preaches Jesus" or urges audiences to "receive the Spirit."

"Jesus" is quite popular among worldly people today, but not the true Jesus. The popular Jesus may be the baby Jesus in the manger at Christmastime, or the buddy Jesus of Nashville "gospel" music, or the success-counseling Jesus of the positive thinkers. He may be the romantic Jesus of the Christian crooners, the rhythmic Jesus of Christian rock, or the reforming Jesus of the liberals, but none of these are the Jesus preached by the apostle Paul, and therefore not the real Jesus who saves men and women from their sins.

Jesus in reality is the Lord Jesus Christ, the offended Creator of the universe (Colossians 1:16), who had to die as man on the cross to redeem us through His shed blood (Colossians 1:14, 20), and who then rose from the dead to be set "far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named" (Ephesians 1:21).  Finally, it is this Jesus "who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom" (2 Timothy 4:1).

The Lord Jesus, as He really is, is not the popular Jesus of T-shirts and bumper stickers, politicians and entertainers. He was "despised and rejected of men" (Isaiah 53:3) so they "crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:8 ).

He is the mighty God, the perfect man, the only Saviour, the eternal King, and Lord of lords. God-called teachers will not preach an imaginary Jesus who appeals to the flesh, but rather the true Christ of creation and salvation. HMM

Re: Another Jesus? by dollz(f): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2010
oga,thanks for ur post.May The Almighty reward u
Re: Another Jesus? by KunleOshob(m): 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
About those preaching another Jesus:

Titus 1:11-16:
11 These false teachers must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money. 12 Even one of their own men, a prophet from Crete, has said about them, “The people of Crete are all liars, cruel animals, and lazy gluttons.” 13 This is true. So reprimand them sternly to make them strong in the faith. 14 They must stop listening to Jewish myths and the commands of people who have turned away from the truth.
15 Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16[b] Such people claim they know God, but they deny him by the way they live.[/b] They are detestable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good.
Re: Another Jesus? by DAVE5(m): 9:54am On Apr 22, 2010
@OLAADEGBU Jesus is not God read through ur bible well and stop adding or subtracting from the bible.if not who then was Jesus praying to as written in the bible that he prayed to the father.get ur points straight.peace unto u my brother
Re: Another Jesus? by chakula: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2010
@OLAADEGBU Jesus is not God read through your bible well and stop adding or subtracting from the bible.if not who then was Jesus praying to as written in the bible that he prayed to the father.get your points straight.peace unto u my brother
[quote][/quote]

@OLAADEGBU,

WILL YOU AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR BROTHER HAS SAID?
Re: Another Jesus? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 22, 2010
chakula:

@OLAADEGBU Jesus is not God read through your bible well and stop adding or subtracting from the bible.if not who then was Jesus praying to as written in the bible that he prayed to the father.get your points straight.peace unto u my brother

@OLAADEGBU,

Get a life
Re: Another Jesus? by chakula: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
Get a life
[quote][/quote]

@toba,
Why you are so callous like that just to masquerade a question is a dilemma if you are not competent to respond please let the knowledgeable one's reply.
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
D.A.V.E:

chakula:

@OLAADEGBU,

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father that He could not truly be God. Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man, and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.

Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Another Jesus? by DAVE5(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2010
@OLAADEGBU,i dont like arguements please ,so i pray u get inspired by the word.it is clear that Jesus is not God.
Matthew 3:17 says n i quote "and suddenly a voice came from heaven,saying,this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased"
so was the father in heaven n earth at the same time.
Several chapters describe the father as a different entity/body from the son,even the son knows not the day when this our world as we know would come to an end so how's Jesus God,he shall be sitheth on d right hand of the father.
Quit man Jesus isn't God cos i could go on n on.Read ur bible well.
peace.I like ur signature(the human problem stuff)
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07am On Apr 23, 2010
D.A.V.E:

@OLAADEGBU,i dont like arguements please ,so i pray u get inspired by the word.it is clear that Jesus is not God.
Matthew 3:17 says n i quote "and suddenly a voice came from heaven,saying,this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased"

This is a classic case of the trinity (the Godhead) in action. The Spirit descended on the Son, and the Father spoke His approval from heaven (Matt. 3:14-17).

D.A.V.E:

Several chapters describe the father as a different entity/body from the son,even the son knows not the day when this our world as we know would come to an end so how's Jesus God,he shall be sitheth on d right hand of the father.
Quit man Jesus isn't God cos i could go on n on.Read your bible well.
peace.I like your signature(the human problem stuff)

Jesus in the Gospels (i.e. Mark 13:32) sometimes spoke from the perspective of His divinity and at other times from the perspective of His humanity (Philipians 2:5-11). Had He been speaking from His divinity, He would not have said He did not know the day or hour. Other verses show that Christ, as God, knows all things (Matthew 17:27; Luke 5:4-6; John 2:25; 16:30; 21:17).
Re: Another Jesus? by Enigma(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2010
@ D.A.V.E.

Read the below from Mark 2:

5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
6 And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11 “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.” 12 Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
Re: Another Jesus? by chakula: 10:59am On Apr 23, 2010
@All,

Why are you perplexing yourselves while i observed you were practicing same credence?
But what is the hitch some are commenting he is not a god while some were affirmed he was, what breed of faith you men have you put into practice?
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2010
chakula:

@All,

Why are you perplexing yourselves while i observed you were practicing same credence?
But what is the hitch some are commenting he is not a god while some were affirmed he was, what breed of faith you men have you put into practice?

The jesus you have in your qur'an is he the same Jesus we have in the Bible, or is he another one?
Re: Another Jesus? by fashionkid(m): 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2010
U are right dude, you know you are right.
Re: Another Jesus? by chakula: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2010
@OLAADEGBU

Guy,why you are perplexed me rather answering the exceeded question done from me? It is good for you to respond over my post-mortem before flinging yours.

The jesus you have in your qur'an is he the same Jesus we have in the Bible, or is he another one?
[quote][/quote]

YES IS HE.
Re: Another Jesus? by petres007(m): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father that He could not truly be God. Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father. Since Christ came as a man, and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer.

Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father. But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.

Correct! grin

D.A.V.E:

And why do you find it had to believe God is was in more than one place at the same time? Who do you think he is? grin grin grin
Re: Another Jesus? by petres007(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
Enigma:

@ D.A.V.E.

Read the below from Mark 2:

Nice one there. . . but I think what folks like him want is a no-brainer - some verse where Jesus said "I am God". . . as if thats not what he said here (by implication) undecided
Re: Another Jesus? by DAVE5(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
i dey class now i go reply una later
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2010
chakula:

@OLAADEGBU

YES IS HE.

I take that to be in the affirmative.  Does that mean that you now believe  Jesus' claim about Himself in John 14:6?
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02am On Apr 29, 2010
He is the King of the Jews.  That is a racial statement.  Make no mistake about it,

He is Jewish.

He is also the King of Israel. 

He is a national King.

He is also the King of all Ages,

He is the King of Heaven,

He is the King of Glory,

He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

He was a Prophet before Moses;

He is a Priest after Melchisedek;

He is a champion like Joshua;

Do you know Him?
Re: Another Jesus? by bee444: 2:24am On Apr 29, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Some cults argue that because Jesus prayed to the Father that He could not truly be God.  Biblically, however, it was in His humanity that Christ prayed to the Father.  Since Christ came as a man, and since one of the proper duties of man is to worship, pray to and adore God -- it was perfectly proper for Jesus to address the Father in prayer. 

Positionally speaking as a man, as a Jew and as our High Priest -- "in all things He had to be made like His brethren" (Hebrews 2:7) -- Jesus could pray to the Father.  But this in no way detracts from His intrinsic deity.
Re: Another Jesus? by bee444: 2:30am On Apr 29, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Another Jesus 
March 5, 2010

"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." (2 Corinthians 11:4)

The verses following our text contain an enlightening warning about false teachers. One should not carelessly follow a personable religious leader merely because he "preaches Jesus" or urges audiences to "receive the Spirit."

"Jesus" is quite popular among worldly people today, but not the true Jesus. The popular Jesus may be the baby Jesus in the manger at Christmastime, or the buddy Jesus of Nashville "gospel" music, or the success-counseling Jesus of the positive thinkers. He may be the romantic Jesus of the Christian crooners, the rhythmic Jesus of Christian rock, or the reforming Jesus of the liberals, but none of these are the Jesus preached by the apostle Paul, and therefore not the real Jesus who saves men and women from their sins.

Jesus in reality is the Lord Jesus Christ, the offended Creator of the universe (Colossians 1:16), who had to die as man on the cross to redeem us through His shed blood (Colossians 1:14, 20), and who then rose from the dead to be set "far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named" (Ephesians 1:21).  Finally, it is this Jesus "who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom" (2 Timothy 4:1).

The Lord Jesus, as He really is, is not the popular Jesus of T-shirts and bumper stickers, politicians and entertainers. He was "despised and rejected of men" (Isaiah 53:3) so they "crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Corinthians 2:cool.

He is the mighty God, the perfect man, the only Savior, the eternal King, and Lord of lords. God-called teachers will not preach an imaginary Jesus who appeals to the flesh, but rather the true Christ of creation and salvation. HMM

Most things taught in Theology and Bible School are hidden to the ordinary church goer just like you. There are controversies surrounding the birth, death, resurrection and personality of Jesus, let alone him being called GOD! The fact is most people that comes from the eastern part of the Nigeria(catholicism, Methodism)  believes that Jesus is God. Why won't they? As long as you people keep calling Mary 'Holy' mother of God to justify your assertiveness.

You claim that Jesus is God, as well as the son of God. Why are you then leaving out the holy spirit? John, Mathew, Mark, Luke all present Jesus to the world according to their own personal conviction. One said he's human, one said he's a spirit, and the others were convinced he's the messiah sent by GOD.

Now the word begotten, this same word has brought controversy both to the Christian faith and people of other faith. I would not have you ignorant, let me explain,
To beget means to sire, to cause to exist, to father, to procreate etc. God begat (cause Jesus to exist) Jesus using Mary as the channel. HE wanted something undiluted to bring HIS plans forth. HE could have chosen any virgin available as at that time (Unmarried singles were virgins during the days of Jesus), but no, Jesus has been foretold to come through the lineage of David, his step father (else the fulfillment of scripture). So, Mary wasn't in any way holy (I don't know where you people get the idea from), "There is none holy, " I Samuel 2:2, Psalm 14:3

Now to the issue of Jesus being the son of God; according to my Bible, anyone born again, spirit filled (either with the evidence of speaking in tongue or not) automatically becomes the son/daughter of God. God said HE formed us (created us, cause us to exist, just like Jesus, in other words, begat us).   Just that the word begotten has got different connotation as originally used these days.

To the issue of the Godhead (trinity), let me give you a simple illustration, God would be [b]phone, Holy Spirit would be simcard, and Jesus would be the airtime.

We all know that simcards and airtimes are useless without a phone! Likewise, a phone would not function properly without the other two.
My point exactly, With my phone and simcard, I could still receive from God regardless of whether I call HIM or not (HIS grace and mercy is showered to the just and unjust), but cannot obtain the fullness of HIS blessing (I have to call HIM and ask for specifics to arrive at these), This is where Jesus (airtime) comes in.
With my airtime I can call anytime and ask for some specific blessings which grace and mercy does not cover. Conclusion, through my illustration we could see that there is God (phone), Holy Spirit (simcard) and Jesus (airtime), all these three (phone, simcard and airtime) are separate entities that can be bought independently but still comes together to work as one.

Phone and simcard would work fine without the need of an airtime, this was proven during the days of Moses and Abraham. Muslims pray to their God without the need to pass through Jesus. Are we now saying that their prayers aren't answered? Think again!

So my people, we do have the Almighty God, Holy Spirit and Jesus. Holy Spirit is the power or force (whatever you call it) that God uses to execute HIS purposes. Jesus had to go back to heaven to ask God to breath HIS Spirit upon HIS people on the day of Pentecost. JESUS IS NOT THE ALMIGHTY GOD but a vessel that GOD uses for HIS purpose(s).

Pls and Pls, ask yourself this question; why would I keep praying to God through Jesus when i know that Jesus is God? Why not just go to God direct. Why would Jesus ask me to pray through him to God when he knew he is that God? Does that make sense to you? Well, it doesn't have to make sense (as some of you would argue), just as the holy spirit cannot be understood by every body? God is not an author of confusion, people!
Re: Another Jesus? by zoe80: 4:13am On Apr 30, 2010
@ All, you are trying to derail this beautiful thread just because of mere difference created by the enemy.
Sure the enemy is at work javascript:void(0);
Re: Another Jesus? by golamike: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2010
Let's not be ignorant of the devices of the devil. Why is everyone trying to prove his/her theological or biblical superiority?
The devil almost succeeded in making all of us deviate from the thread topic. Instead of brethrens to contribute to the main topic, everyone is claiming to know more than others. Why are "christians" so insensitive? May God help us and remove every veil of the devil from our eyes so as to clearly see the devil at work!
Re: Another Jesus? by Enigma(m): 8:14pm On Apr 30, 2010
Matthew 1:23

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,”which is translated, “God with us.”

O little town of Bethlehem, how still we see thee lie!
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep the silent stars go by.
Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting Light;
The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight.

For Christ is born of Mary, and gathered all above,
While mortals sleep, the angels keep their watch of wondering love.
O morning stars together, proclaim the holy birth,
And praises sing to God the King, and peace to men on earth!

How silently, how silently, the wondrous Gift is giv’n;
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of His Heav’n.
No ear may hear His coming, but in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still, the dear Christ enters in.

Where children pure and happy pray to the blessèd Child,
Where misery cries out to Thee, Son of the mother mild;
Where charity stands watching and faith holds wide the door,
The dark night wakes, the glory breaks, and Christmas comes once more.

O holy Child of Bethlehem, descend to us, we pray;
Cast out our sin, and enter in, be born in us today.
We hear the Christmas angels the great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, abide with us, our God Emmanuel!
Re: Another Jesus? by Niyi53(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2010
by God's Grace, Jesus Christ of nazaret would not come again because he is gone, *dead*.
Re: Another Jesus? by chakula: 8:54pm On May 01, 2010
@niyi53, your preceeded post is contarary with islam teaching because surely jesus would be back, so if you are muslim in heart please quickly repeant.
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2010
Who is He?

Re: Another Jesus? by noetic17: 10:59pm On May 01, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

There is no Jesus in the koran. what they have there is a figment of mohammed's imagination. What they have is another Jesus who offered no salvation or redemption to mankind.

It beats me that a billion muslims would be tormented by such a lying spirit called allah. It pays to know and serve God.
Re: Another Jesus? by noetic17: 11:25pm On May 01, 2010
bee444:

Most things taught in Theology and Bible School are hidden to the ordinary church goer just like you. There are controversies surrounding the birth, death, resurrection and personality of Jesus, let alone him being called GOD! The fact is most people that comes from the eastern part of the Nigeria(catholicism, Methodism)  believes that Jesus is God. Why won't they? As long as you people keep calling Mary 'Holy' mother of God to justify your assertiveness.

This is rather LAME. what has mary got to do with the divinity of JC? I am not catholic and my deduction from the scriptures imply that Jesus is indeed the ONE and ONLY God manifested as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Read John1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
10He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

You claim that Jesus is God, as well as the son of God. Why are you then leaving out the holy spirit? John, Mathew, Mark, Luke all present Jesus to the world according to their own personal conviction. One said he's human, one said he's a spirit, and the others were convinced he's the messiah sent by GOD.

1. You also defined the HS in your post as the force of God that manifests the will of God. If that is the case, how do u explain the ability of Jesus to ensure that money was in the mouth of the fish? or the charge HE gave His disciples to go preach and heal, before He was crucified (luke 10:1-20)? with what spirit did they perform those miracles?

2. You come across as confused with regards to the teachings of Christ. I would just repeat what Ola opined (he also backed them with scriptures) that Christ taught both from His divinity and also from His humanity. If He had taught/lived only from His divinity then He could never have been crucified.

Now the word begotten, this same word has brought controversy both to the Christian faith and people of other faith. I would not have you ignorant, let me explain,
To beget means to sire, to cause to exist, to father, to procreate etc. God begat (cause Jesus to exist) Jesus using Mary as the channel. HE wanted something undiluted to bring HIS plans forth. HE could have chosen any virgin available as at that time (Unmarried singles were virgins during the days of Jesus), but no, Jesus has been foretold to come through the lineage of David, his step father (else the fulfillment of scripture). So, Mary wasn't in any way holy (I don't know where you people get the idea from), "There is none holy, " I Samuel 2:2, Psalm 14:3

1. On the contrary u are the one displaying an unfortunate array of ignorance here. When Jesus called Himself the Son of God and "I AM", His audience knew what He meant. By begotten the bible refers us to the fact that Jesus is God-like. He is the God we have always looked up to. why? the bible calls Him the word. And we know that nothing was made without the word. And God does nothing unless He speaks it first (Word). I dont see any better explanation or illustration for Jesus.

2. Mary simply enjoyed grace. No one claims she was holy or anything. Those shouting holy-mary, know that they are pagans.

Now to the issue of Jesus being the son of God; according to my Bible, anyone born again, spirit filled (either with the evidence of speaking in tongue or not) automatically becomes the son/daughter of God. God said HE formed us (created us, cause us to exist, just like Jesus, in other words, begat us).   Just that the word begotten has got different connotation as originally used these days.

who gave u the power to become the son of God?
It is easy to follow the illustration above and ignorantly assume that as creations of God, we are automatically the sons of God. But Jesus was clear that on the contrary, unless and until we bear the fruits of salvation, we are not the sons of God. how do we bear the fruits of salvation? what are the fruits of salvation?

A. Believe in the sacrifice/gospel of Jesus Christ. John 1:12
B. Genuine repentance from sin.
C. Restitution like Zacheus did
D. fellowship with the spirit Romans 8:14 . . . .also implies salvation till the end (salvation without backsliding)
E. Faith. Hebrews 11:6
F. Holiness Hebrews 12:14

To the issue of the Godhead (trinity), let me give you a simple illustration, God would be [b]phone, Holy Spirit would be simcard, and Jesus would be the airtime.

We all know that simcards and airtimes are useless without a phone! Likewise, a phone would not function properly without the other two.
My point exactly, With my phone and simcard, I could still receive from God regardless of whether I call HIM or not (HIS grace and mercy is showered to the just and unjust), but cannot obtain the fullness of HIS blessing (I have to call HIM and ask for specifics to arrive at these), This is where Jesus (airtime) comes in.
With my airtime I can call anytime and ask for some specific blessings which grace and mercy does not cover. Conclusion, through my illustration we could see that there is God (phone), Holy Spirit (simcard) and Jesus (airtime), all these three (phone, simcard and airtime) are separate entities that can be bought independently but still comes together to work as one.

Phone and simcard would work fine without the need of an airtime, this was proven during the days of Moses and Abraham. Muslims pray to their God without the need to pass through Jesus. Are we now saying that their  prayers aren't answered? Think again!

So my people, we do have the Almighty God, Holy Spirit and Jesus. Holy Spirit is the power or force (whatever you call it)  that God uses to execute HIS purposes. Jesus had to go back to heaven to ask God to breath HIS Spirit upon HIS people on the day of Pentecost. JESUS IS NOT THE ALMIGHTY GOD but a vessel that GOD uses for HIS purpose(s).

Your analysis is self-contradicting and irrelevant.

1. But Jesus sent out the 70 without going to heaven to get a spirit for them.

2. if Jesus created the world, why then is He not the Almighty God?

3. The phone, sim card and airtime is the most ridiculous analogy for trinity I have ever read .

Pls and Pls, ask yourself this question; why would I keep praying to God through Jesus when i know that Jesus is God? Why not just go to God direct. Why would Jesus ask me to pray through him to God when he knew he is that God? Does that make sense to you?  Well, it doesn't have to make sense (as some of you would argue), just as the holy spirit cannot be understood by every body? God is not an author of confusion, people!

We pray in the NAME of Jesus.
Re: Another Jesus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2010
noetic17:

There is no Jesus in the koran. what they have there is a figment of mohammed's imagination. What they have is another Jesus who offered no salvation or redemption to mankind.

It beats me that a billion muslims would be tormented by such a lying spirit called allah. It pays to know and serve God.

You are right noetic, what they say is Jesus is actually what is called Eesa (Isa), which is the arabic name for Esau, and this is not in their qur'an yet you see the billions of them swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

The muslims cannot even agree whether the 'Jesus' in their qur'an is coming back or not as you can see in the posts below. The 'Jesus' they know is certainly different because he is not the Son of God and therefore qualifies as another 'Jesus'
Re: Another Jesus? by Niyi53(m): 9:12am On May 02, 2010
chakula:

@niyi53, your preceded post is contrary with Islam teaching because surely jesus would be back, so if you are Muslim in heart please quickly repeant.
@chakalu, my post is in no way contrary to the teachings of Islam, rather it supports, and establish its superiority. try read the holy quran well and see how the quran establishes the death of Jesus. don't you reason and realize that if all Muslims can accept on the authority of the holy quran and the hadith, that Jesus is dead, CHRISTIANITY WOULD COLLAPSE TOTALLY!. IT COULD ALSO BE PROVEN FROM THE BIBLE THAT JESUS SURVIVED THE CRUCIFIXION.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faith Is Trusting God, Not Belief In Doctrine / Christianity Is A Big Joke / Why Are Pastors Richer Than Muslim Clerics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.