Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified (21858 Views)

Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / Common Job Interview Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by potent5(m): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You can also lobby for KPMG jobs, wink

Let's know how long your leg is.
Stop being naive. If governorship and presidential posts can be lobbied wetin be KPMG?
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by potent5(m): 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You can also lobby for KPMG jobs, wink

Let's know how long your leg is.
Stop being naive. If governorship and presidential posts are lobbied wetin be KPMG?
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by BiafranBushBoy: 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
potent5:

Stop being naive. If governorship and presidential posts can be lobbied wetin be KPMG?

The problem with your post is that... If you had connections to all these posts, you wouldn't be on Nairaland.

The post was written for people without connection, so why bringing and forcing it into the post?

1 Like

Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by koolModee: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Going to an interview well dressed could be an hindrance sometimes. I once went for an interview for the position an IT Sysems Support engineer where I thought I'd done well, after acing both oral and practical aspect of the interview. In fact, one thing that worked for me was my knowledge of the ERP the coy uses. I not only have a certification on it but also practical no how from my previous employment. Now time to see the HR manager for recommendation, na hin story start. He looked @ me up/down, down/ up, and said I looked to clean to be an IT guy. Shirt is starched and ironed smooth, straight clean trousers, well cut hair, clean finger nails e.t.c. To him I looked like a banker wanting to switch careers and He believed I did well in the interview because I must have had some inside information on what we would be tested on.
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by BiafranBushBoy: 12:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
koolModee:
Going to an interview well dressed could be an hindrance sometimes. I once went for an interview for the position an IT Sysems Support engineer where I thought I'd done well, after acing both oral and practical aspect of the interview. In fact, one thing that worked for me was my knowledge of the ERP the coy uses. I not only have a certification on it but also practical no how from my previous employment. Now time to see the HR manager for recommendation, na hin story start. He looked @ me up/down, down/ up, and said I looked to clean to be an IT guy. Shirt is starched and ironed smooth, straight clean trousers, well cut hair, clean finger nails e.t.c. To him I looked like a banker wanting to switch careers and He believed I did well in the interview because I must have had some inside information on what we would be tested on.

lol... really funny.

I am also an IT guy and I wear suit to work daily.

I think it depends on the firm tho.
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by Enkay12: 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hahahahahahaha.. The man is not serious. I think he was intimidated by your looks.

koolModee:
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by missyb08(f): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
thanks so much
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by BiafranBushBoy: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
missyb08:
thanks so much

Thanks too.
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
What a mess, in other countries of the world, they do not expect you to know much about their company.

I fact they take the time to explain what they are about, over and over again.

They even ask if you are OK with the interview date if you say No, they will reschedule it to your own time.

They see you as a rare gem who is going to add value to their company.

In Nigeria, you hear, you have been scheduled for an interview for 9a.m.
If you ask what to expect at the interview.
You hear, when you come you will figure it out.
Backward mindset

1 Like

Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by senitorspeaker(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
all dis advice a for the common man pikin. guy to get job at will. get a senior man in politics know person wen know person wen sabi person wen know who know a top man in the organization.
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by BiafranBushBoy: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
senitorspeaker:
all dis advice a for the common man pikin. guy to get job at will. get a senior man in politics know person wen know person wen sabi person wen know who know a top man in the organization.

mtcheww... so everybody working in several organizations all know politicians?

Erase that Mindset abeg!!!
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by EdoBoy90(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
When you have experience, you can stand any oral interview. if they like, they should be 100 interviewers.

my personal experience.
Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by thowbie7ven(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
childrenday15:
Point 1 is meaningless. The most important thing is to dress corporate,not everyone could afford to buy a suit. Besides,if I manage to buy one,won't it fade in no time after appearing for many interview in it alone.
As if Neymar no sign €222m contract in only Adidas singlet.
Leave the Guy make hin dey talk jargons...wetin Lukaku wear go sign Manchester United contract?...Wetin Ibrahimovic wear when him go sign hin own?...The guy just dey blab...it's only in Nigeria here you see people dressing corporate go #30k Job interview...I wore a pair of Chinos trouser and a Shirt go interview and I ended up with the Job of which I still do presently...The only paramount thing(s) is "neatness" and be "organized"....

1 Like

Re: Interview Mistakes That Make Nigerian Graduates Look Unqualified by potent5(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

The problem with your post is that... If you had connections to all these posts, you wouldn't be on Nairaland.

The post was written for people without connection, so why bringing and forcing it into the post?
This is Nairaland and there are diverse personalities on it and they ALL have a right to react to any post herein without segregation. If you are not comfortable with people's reaction to your post, then it's time for you to stop posting on Nairaland, it's time to confine your posts to your bedroom where you have exclusive privacy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear 2017 Pre-selected Applicant, Good Evening, Please See The News Below. Ki / Pay Package For Stanbic Bank / Nigeria Immigration Service In Another Illegal Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.