Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,480 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

'‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC (12805 Views)

WASSCE: Ghanaian Students Beat Invigilators Over Strict Supervision (Graphic) / High JAMB Scores: Has JAMB Quality Dropped Or Are Students Now More Intelligent? / Christian Student Who Refused To Use Expo , Shocks Exam Officials - See How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2017
Examination malpractice: ‘Students now drug invigilators with dangerous chemicals’ – WAEC

The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has decried the rate of examination malpractice among students, adding that students now drug invigilators using dangerous chemicals.

The council’s Registrar, Dr. Iyi Uwadiae, who stated this, yesterday, during a press briefing at WAEC International Centre, Lagos, proposed international summit on examination malpractices for October 19 and 20.

He berated the dimension examination malpractices were taking on the continent of Africa and particularly in Nigeria.

He said: “In some cases, and particularly during private examinations, candidates now go to centres fully armed with guns and other weapons. For the public examinations, there are centres, and especially private schools, where invigilators are drugged to pave way for them to engage in exam malpractices.”

According to him, while private candidates now go to examination centres with guns and other weapons, some private schools in connivance with the candidates, are now in the habit of drugging invigilators using dangerous chemicals.

He said:“Waging war against examination malpractices has become very expensive and more difficult, particularly with the advent of social media.

“The most notorious challenge facing examining bodies and other educational institutions in WAEC member-countries is examination malpractice.

“Currently, the malaise has assumed dangerous and criminal dimensions on the heels of some advancements in technology, which created the smartphones, social media, among others.

“The council, in the five member countries, has introduced several measures, adopted various strategies and deployed technologies at great costs in the fight against the ever-festering menace.”

“Misguided candidates and their adult collaborators, sometimes including school authorities, teachers, parents and, most recently, operators of rogue websites, have continued to devise ingenious and sophisticated methods of cheating, leading to an exponential increase in reported cases of fraud in public examinations.”

https://www.lailasblog.com/examination-malpractice-students-now-drug-invigilators-dangerous-chemicals-waec/

cc: Lalasticlala, fynestboi

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by pyyxxaro: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2017
Jesu

I wud like to know how they drug an invigilator with chemical

There de give the invigilator codeine or the students de give the invigilator egbo smoke

Pls someone shud help me

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Lekan111(m): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2017
School authorities are not helping in this regard in the name of I want my students to pass( most privates schools) God will help us. our nation is characterized by corruption, cheating, unfaithfulness ( even in marriage and relationships) little wonder we are lack quality leadership in the country.

10 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by takenadoh: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
They should go in with gas masks and all that

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by fastgyal(f): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
lmao. drug invigilators Reminds me of the statement...'they tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds'
By the way, how's it possible for invigilators to get drugged. were they sleeping ni?

3 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Franco2017(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Not true.
Invigilators are the ones who collect "dangerous chemicals" inform of money from students to allow them use expo.

18 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by davillian(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2017
Private schools seems to be worst.
I know they charge student seating for Waec about 30-50k. They sort directly @waec office.

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Nawa O
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by martineverest(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2017
teenagers....robbers, scammers, murderers are brewing in million folds. ..smh

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by martineverest(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Lekan111:
School authorities are not helping in this regard in the name of I want my students to pass( most privates schools) God will help us. our nation is characterized by corruption, cheating, unfaithfulness ( even in marriage and relationships) little wonder we are lack quality leadership in the country.
its saddening bro

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by continentalceo(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2017
See package
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by exclusive7(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2017
na so... students be drugging invigilators with "dangerous cash packages"..

WAEC be deceiving yourself.. Them force chemical enter your mouth abi the students where gas mask enter the hall spary chemical ni?

Lies

8 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by massinola(m): 7:35am On Oct 11, 2017
As the hunter don learn how to shoot without missing, the bird too don learn how to fly without perching
What's with Nigerians saying all sort of bad things about Private school? So, it is only in private schools the invigilators are drugged? The government schools ain't working because our government don't give a bleep about our education. So we should continue like that? No. Private schools are the only schools that are redeeming the damaged images of Nigeria education presently. If you can't afford to send your words to one, don't bad out them. My mom teaches in a government secondary school in God forsaken Kogi, and what goes on in that school during waec is beyond ordinary. Forgive me for using that word "God forsaken " I would have used worse words if I can. 12 months of owed salary and still counting no be beans. That Governor must go to hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by sotall(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2017
OK
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by greatiyk4u(m): 7:37am On Oct 11, 2017
Just imagine

Integrity is truly a scarce virtue in Nigeria nd that is why those with "high moral integrity" are termed Wicked

This is very common among the "miracle" centre's where these dull students are dashed good grades to enter uni, sort their way out in cash,kind and by force and come out to the society to either blame the Govt of no job, or his villge people for their woes or join kidnapping, armed robbery, drug business, fraud, political tug etc

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by phkka1(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2017
Education for all by the year ...

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by IbBarham(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2017
Na wa o
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by greatiyk4u(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2017
Just imagine

Integrity is truly a scarce virtue in Nigeria nd that is why those with "high moral integrity" are termed Wicked

This is very common among the "miracle" center's where these dull students are dashed good grades to enter uni, sort their way out in cash,kind and by force and come out to the society to either blame the Govt of no job, or his village people for their woes or join kidnapping, armed robbery, drug business, fraud, political tug etc

1 Like

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Exjoker(m): 7:38am On Oct 11, 2017
Our educational sector does not only require restructuring but reconstruction. Imaging this kind of news. But are the students able to that??

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by talk2percy(m): 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Shut the hell up! The only chemical they drug them with is mercury(Money). Hence they have received it, they can even leave to lodge in a hotel and tell the principal to bring the papers there whenever he feels the students are through.

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by kay29000(m): 7:39am On Oct 11, 2017
Hmm! How is this possible? Do they put the drug in their drinks or something? I would believe it if they said students threaten them with guns, but I ain't buying this drug story.

1 Like

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Florblu(f): 7:40am On Oct 11, 2017
I heard this in the news this morning and I was wondering how this is possible.

Are invigilators meant to be fed by the school or candidates? Because I wonder how they got drugged

And even if they threatened them with gun and other dangerous ammunitions, there's a way to go about it during marking and release of results.

1 Like

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Lekan111(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
martineverest:
its saddening bro
The worst part is that this guys are super stars, role model to some people. personally I have been thinking who will the next President because Nigerians are tired of those scams 1999 till date. The phrase no one holy pass is sickening

2 Likes

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Vicargeneral(m): 7:42am On Oct 11, 2017
The question is ,how did they get the expo ? Who leaked out the questions? If Waec can answer this questions then such things will not happen again. Waec has lost it place of glory because of malpractice, As and Bs are as easy as you can think now. Something needs to be done to curb the menace before it finally destroys our educational system.
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by Thelma1552: 7:43am On Oct 11, 2017
Wawuu!!! We're getting there.

1 Like

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by smd837(m): 7:44am On Oct 11, 2017
When politians do expo to gt to d high seat and fly d children abroad to study what do u expect from others?
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by correctguy101(m): 7:45am On Oct 11, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Jesu

There de the invigilator codeine or the students de give the invigilator egbo smoke

Pls someone shud help me

Nah, maybe he's just exaggerating the situation.

When I was in secondary school, my "gang of stubborns" mostly befriend the invigilator and buys him/her food (just #70 or #100 then) to allow free flow of "information" in the exam Hall.

Maybe, students use sleeping pills and gases now...

All these our corrupt invigilators too like big eye and we dey always get tempting offers for them.
SMH, I do some kain crazy tins those days sha

1 Like

Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by jericco1(m): 7:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Ordinary waec
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by jericco1(m): 7:53am On Oct 11, 2017
takenadoh:
They should go in with Gas masks and all that
lol abi, they should be equiped like an American soldier.
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by pyyxxaro: 7:54am On Oct 11, 2017
correctguy101:

Nah, maybe he's just exaggerating the situation.

When I was in secondary school, my "gang of stubborns" mostly befriend the invigilator and buys him/her food (just #70 or #100 then) to allow free flow of "information" in the exam Hall.

Maybe, students use sleeping pills and gases now...

All these our corrupt invigilators too like big eye and we dey always get tempting offers for them.
SMH, I do some kain crazy tins those days sha

Thats serious

@sleeping pills n gas ..... This country don enter half chance oh embarassed
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by abbaapple: 7:56am On Oct 11, 2017
Daft news and also Daft Reasoning from WAEC.
Re: '‘students Now Drug Invigilators With Dangerous Chemical To Use Expo' - WAEC by adaeze12345(f): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Jesu

There de give the invigilator codeine or the students de give the invigilator egbo smoke

Pls someone shud help me
just spray .... on the invigilator he sleeps for hours

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria / Governor Yahaya Bello Commissions Solar ICT Centers For Kogi Primary Schools / ASUU Denies Suspending Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.