Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead (38535 Views)

My Dad Gave Me His Blood So I Can Live And He Died - Sierra Leone Lady Recounts / Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Advice Needed Please. Help

Good morning nairalanders. I've brought a family issue which has been causing chaos and most likely will cause mayhem because great lacerations are now being involved.

My dad worked in a law firm and also had a truck that he employed an old man to handle and he paid him monthly. The truck was used in carrying commodities for people within Lagos state. The business was booming well and my dad immediately paid money to his boss's wife whom lives in Dublin with her children to get another in order to make it 2. My dad's boss is a lawyer and the legal procedures were made in order to get this vehicle down to Nigeria. The vehicle is over about 3million.

Unfortunately, the old man my dad employed had an accident with the truck and destroyed lots of properties and many people were injured. To cap it all, one person died. This stupid old man would have spent the rest of his life in jail or even sentenced to death but my dad did everything he could to get him out. The vehicle was in the police custody and it was virtually beyond repair.

My dad had no interest in this business anymore. And mind you, my dad's boss's wife hadn't bought this vehicle, as she only had the money with her. Why my dad didn't collect the money back immediately is what I can't comprehend.

Later that year, my dad got sick and passed on the following year. We called this woman after a year and she said she has bought the vehicle and she's gonna have to sell it in order to refund the money. I'm sure she's lying cause she never bought it when my dad was alive so, why would she buy it now? Of what use is it?

She and her husband, my dad's boss, were very close friends of my dad and I see no reason why they should suddenly possess such greedy trait. Even my uncles who sold my dad's personal car and used the money for themselves are not saying anything about the matter.

My mother called the husband last month and he sent 50,000 saying we should manage it that the vehicle money would come out very soon. I told my mother not to collect the money but she did because she was badly in need of money. These people are rich, so why is 3m something hard to sort out.

My mum had been calling the man making threats and I told her to calm that we can't fight them because we don't have the documents to show the transactions of the money between my dad and his boss's wife. I'm sure my dad's boss has it because my dad lived with him. Immediately my dad died, all his things in his room had been moved out by this lawyer.

Please, what do you suggest we do in a situation like this?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Florblu(f): 8:27am On Oct 11, 2017
SStop asking for the money, collect the truck and look for a way of selling it by yourself

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
SStop asking for the money, collect the truck and look for a way of selling it by yourself
the said truck is not in Nigeria, but Ireland. And this woman didn't buy any truck, she's just lying. she only said that because she wanted to buy herself more time

13 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2017
This Una family Matter Don Resemble One Nigerian Film Wey I Watch those Days. The Widow Husband Die And Na So Husband Family People wahala but At The End God Dey always Remember Them...

But Seriously Speaking, My Brother do You Have A Job... Please Dont put Your Hope On That Money men Will Fail Badly,these People Have Failed You... Put Your Mind Into Something Else As You Support Your mother... Am Not Sayin You Should Forget It but You Can Keep Followin It Up. But The Problem Here Is You Do Not Have Documents to Prove The Transfer which Is Important If We Really Want To Get That money... If They Are Wicked Enough Then Forget The Money. Just Pray God Can Deal With Things

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 11, 2017
Lalasticlala this Guy Needs Help
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Florblu(f): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
the said truck is not in Nigeria, but Ireland. And this woman didn't buy any truck, she's just lying. she only said that because she wanted to buy herself more time

Wherever the Truck is let it be shipped to Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

Wherever the Truck is let it be shipped to Nigeria
what's there to ship when she didn't buy it?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 11, 2017
When next you call the man or his wife to know their plans for the money or the truck, make sure you record the conversation for legal proceedings. That's, if it ever gets to that.

Your mum should stop collecting peanuts from them 'cause she's in need. What's 50k when we're talking of 3M? The rich know how to oppress the poor, and to think the man is a lawyer who should be upholding the law makes this story a pathetic one.

They have the money but don't want to give 'cause your dad is dead without any written agreement of the deal in his children's possession. Since she claimed she has bought the vehicle but looking for a buyer, ask her to send it down.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Florblu(f): 9:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:
what's there to ship when she didn't buy it?

You are full of assumptions. When you know you won't take to advice why did you sought for it?

Do you have a proof that she didn't buy it? Ask the right questions

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 9:49am On Oct 11, 2017
kimbraa:
When next you call the man or his wife to know their plans for the money or the truck, make sure you record the conversation for legal proceedings. That's, if it ever gets to that.

Your mum should stop collecting peanuts from them 'cause she's in need. What's 50k when we're talking of 3M? The rich know how to oppress the poor, and to think the man is a lawyer who should be upholding the law makes this story a pathetic one.

They have the money but don't want to give 'cause your dad is dead without any written agreement of the deal in his children's possession. Since she claimed she has bought the vehicle but looking for a buyer, ask her to send it down.
thanks ma'am.
I'm seen as a kid in the family and not allowed to interfere in the matter as I'm just a university aspirant. my elder bro whom oughts to be doing all this is indifferent saying he's not interested in the money. all he does his rain curses on them.
the lawyer's wife and I have lived together and she seemed to like me and even talked about working my visa for Ireland. that was before my dad died. I'm surprised at her sudden change of character because she was a nice woman.
my mum always warns me not to call them that she can handle the matter. but her ranting on phone can't do anything.
at this point, I think I'll get behind the wheels myself.
thanks

13 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

You are full of assumptions. When you know you won't take to advice why did you sought for it?

thanks. that's what we're gonna have to tell her to do with the way things are going.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Mustiboy(m): 10:13am On Oct 11, 2017
lalasticlala , it'd be nice of you to take this to front page for more audience.
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Adaumunocha(f): 12:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
Human beings and greed... Wonder why your dad did not buy d truck in Nigeria.

Men should involve their wives in their businesses so they can take it up if anything should happen to them. Wish your dad had given your mum the documents.

48 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Adaumunocha(f): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:

I'm sure they did not buy that truck. If they ship it down, how will d op clear it from d wharf? The demurrage charges if they fail to clear d container on time?

10 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Adaumunocha(f): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
DeadRat:
Lalasticlala this Guy Needs Help
Dear lalasticlala, mynd44 help op push this thread to FP pls
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by DanielsParker(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
too bad
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
Let me ask you a simple question.
If the role was to be reversed and it happened to be your dad owing his boss wife N3m.

Will you pay the money after the demise of your dad?
Your answer to the question will guide you through.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by felzylix(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
I really wouldn't like to derail this thread, but i can't help it...
I need you guys' help on this...

HELP A NAIRALANDER WIN AN AWARD PLEASE!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_k21fl8UK/
#Osuncorpers
#Nextratedsuperstar
please follow the link below and like the picture to make your vote count.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_k21fl8UK/
it wouldn't cost you a thing, please make it count...
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by free2ryhme: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:

Good morning nairalanders. I've brought a family issue which has been causing chaos and most likely will cause mayhem because great lacerations are now being involved.

My dad worked in a law firm and also had a truck that he employed an old man to handle and he paid him monthly. The truck was used in carrying commodities for people within Lagos state. The business was booming well and my dad immediately paid money to his boss's wife whom lives in Dublin with her children to get another in order to make it 2. My dad's boss is a lawyer and the legal procedures were made in order to get this vehicle down to Nigeria. The vehicle is over about 3million.

Unfortunately, the old man my dad employed had an accident with the truck and destroyed lots of properties and many people were injured. To cap it all, one person died. This stupid old man would have spent the rest of his life in jail or even sentenced to death but my dad did everything he could to get him out. The vehicle was in the police custody and it was virtually beyond repair.

My dad had no interest in this business anymore. And mind you, my dad's boss's wife hadn't bought this vehicle, as she only had the money with her. Why my dad didn't collect the money back immediately is what I can't comprehend.

Later that year, my dad got sick and passed on the following year. We called this woman after a year and she said she has bought the vehicle and she's gonna have to sell it in order to refund the money. I'm sure she's lying cause she never bought it when my dad was alive so, why would she buy it now? Of what use is it?

She and her husband, my dad's boss, were very close friends of my dad and I see no reason why they should suddenly possess such greedy trait. Even my uncles who sold my dad's personal car and used the money for themselves are not saying anything about the matter.

My mother called the husband last month and he sent 50,000 saying we should manage it that the vehicle money would come out very soon. I told my mother not to collect the money but she did because she was badly in need of money. These people are rich, so why is 3m something hard to sort out.

My mum had been calling the man making threats and I told her to calm that we can't fight them because we don't have the documents to show the transactions of the money between my dad and his boss's wife. I'm sure my dad's boss has it because my dad lived with him. Immediately my dad died, all his things in his room had been moved out by this lawyer.

Abeg leave os out of your lies

Both families are complications

stop disturbing us with the already bad economy
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by cerowo(f): 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
This one is strong o shocked

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by oshe11: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
Why was ur dad living with his Boss?
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by oshe11: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2017
If ur elder bro said he aint bothered abt the money, then y isnt he taking care of ur mom?

2 Likes

The last time U called, wat was their response

IF NEGATIVE, KIDNAP THE HUSBANDgrin

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
G
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by MrImole: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
I like this...
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
dunno

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by TechPanda(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
cool cool
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by MARKone(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
This one hard o, as you guys are not in custody of the written agreement.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by paragon40(m): 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
write them and let them admit there was some kind of transaction(s) then, wait for them to reply...carry them go court...summary judgement..

1 Like

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by snipesdam(m): 2:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
Hmmm Too Bad. No document to follow on this matter. All i can say is may Karma fall the bitch.

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by juddybrown(m): 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mustiboy:

call me 08035151896
Re: My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead by newoffer: 2:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Are u in kindergarten when it happened?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid / Married Folks: What Changed After You Married Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.