Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna (55503 Views)

Photos: Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By 21,780 Teachers In Kaduna / A Kaduna Teacher's Reasons On Why They Failed The Primary Four Test / Checkout The Primary Four Questions 21,780 Teachers Failed In Kaduna State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by dyemnaija: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2017
Hmmmmmm... almost unbelievable....but why, and how do they managed to get into the system?
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
Built2last:

did you go through those questions before saying this?

meaning you too will fail that exam

The quality of teaching in Nigeria as a whole is abysmal !!
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2017
DeRay98:

The people who responsible for politically motivated recruitments and beneficiaries of the backhand deals in many southern states collude with Nigerian Union of Teachers to frustrate govt.
If you recall some around 2014 or so, Edo state govnor then, Adams Oshiomhole conducted same and personally discovered woeful teachers in the service.
His attempts to clean the mess resulted in the NUT influenced by useless PDP gangsters in Edo, went on strike to frustrate the govt.
I don't know how it all ended. That's what you 'll see.
The opposition will always want to score cheap political goals by "sentimentizing" the whole thing and the system remains.
Cross River also conducted a similar exercise and it was successful. This one no be politics matter, I mean it was glaring!

Some of the teachers were demoted to their original capacity.

Some were made a gate man and so on.

Other state should borrow a leaf from them if they truly want their educational system to improve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Pearl05(f): 9:34am On Oct 11, 2017
The govt should invest on the teachers. Their conditions of service isn't encouraging. When you pay them peanuts that can't take them through the month, how do they further their study? No study grants. Most of them are farmers/ traders who engages in these activities after school to make ends meet.

So where is the time for development for the teachers. It's not just about Kaduna state, you find these in other places.

The only difference in some places is that the parents and caregivers are concerned about the pupils/students school activities and are prone to check their work. Now the teachers here just have to sit up in order not to be reported by the parents for not being competent.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Coloradvantage(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2017
chriskosherbal:
The government should find a way to fix them in non teaching areas instead of sacking ,cos the adverse effect of sacking that number of people given that some of those individuals are bread winners in thier respective family will be disastrous to the Society at large...

bros... we looking forward to a productive future and civil service. even if my mum fail this.., I won't beg for her to be fixed in any sector... agriculture is eleven viable... there should be given the needed funds and moved to that sector... Dont damage our childrens brain! na so my int sc teacher tell me say hedgehog na hermaphrodite I carry am scatter other people brain till I discoverd it was a big lie! and that is a simple and harmless example.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by manci(m): 9:37am On Oct 11, 2017
nuclear family OK let me try nuclear family means a person's who survived nuclear weapons attack and later got married and form a family... I will have like to define bombs and guns family as Baku tambayaba make I leave it
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Coloradvantage(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2017
itiswellandwell:
Hmmmmm. Those questions are very cheap even for a kindergarten teacher. May God help Nigeria.

Check my signature for customised ATM card flash drive as ideal souvenir for your clients this xmas/new year.
bros you right! but education wise kindergarten sef... hard to deal with pass! forget say dem be chinkily pikin! na the foundation be that! if you put any of your family member for school weh dem put olodo in charge of kindergarten... abeg go carry yournpikin comot.., likewise... primary one up the scale!
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by jackydon(m): 9:40am On Oct 11, 2017
I CONCUR....... U ARE ON POINT
Built2last:
The north is backward in everything.

sad but true.

they hold juicy positions from 1960 till date but south is 100 years ahead in everything except suicide bombing
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by kevoh(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Tapout:
minister of education Lemme not lie, I didn't know that one embarassed
You are not a teacher, so you can/might be pardoned. Minister of Justice/Attorney general : Lawyers, Minister of Health: all health related personnel, Minister of Works, Power and housing : Engineers. An engineer might be pardoned if he does not know the Minister of health but a Doctor will be whipped for same crime. Do you understand now?
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Taeewo(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2017
Airdrop in cryptocurrency means when a developer of a

new token gives out a token freely to early users to

promote and create awareness of their project before

listing on exchange......

Tools needed for you to always qualified for any

airdrops are Ethereum and Waves wallet that supports

ERC 20 token,you create a bitcointalk.org account and

also have telegram app installed on your phone..

They are so many developers given airdrop to members

like Pluscoin,eXrp, ELTcoin , Dragon, Ethercat, Energy,

dimon etc

You can monitor all latest airdrop on this telegram

channel

www./cryptocurrencyairdrop
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by kenex4ever(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2017
Evablizin:
hahaha no be lie.
lol, if u be teacher u go dey familiar with some of them.
But d 75% pass mark is a bit high for those parents, especially as d questions are mixed and not specific to area of specialization
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by victorazyvictor(m): 9:46am On Oct 11, 2017
Evablizin:
grin grin grin

Kikikikikiki,i strongly believe that oga at the top will fail this exam woefully even the performance of the teachers will be better than his.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by BakireBulmaker: 9:49am On Oct 11, 2017
The problem:

The better students study engineering, medicine, pharmacy, law, accounting, banking & finance, insurance etc

Education and co are left for those who couldnt get their choice courses and didnt have any other option.

Most teachers wanted to be doctors, engineers etc

1 Like

Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Niyinficient(m): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2017
Mynd44:
I am here trying to imagine the number of Ekiti teachers that will pass. grin grin grin grin

lol! as in! Fayose for see pple dash cars tire! His case go be like Akwa Ibom gov wey promise money for one goal and SE replied with 4! grin grin grin
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by oodua1stson: 9:52am On Oct 11, 2017
If you're surprised at this then you have not been to the north or know a thing about northern Nigeria.

Is it any surprise why this country is messed up and the West want the northern elites to keep ruling? The West want them to keep ruling because they know they have nothing good to offer. Upstairs they are very empty.

Go to their secondary schools and you'll see teachers who receive salaries constantly who has not set foot in the school for a month. Ice seen teachers resume 9/10 am. infact the little sense the students have were courtesy of the youth corpses from the West and South.

Conclusion; we need to break this country up. This northerners are pulling us down

1 Like

Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Johnayoola(m): 9:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Mynd44:
I am here trying to imagine the number of Ekiti teachers that will pass. grin grin grin grin
if by any means you 're trying to mock ekiti teachers you fail woefully,those guys 're really giving in there best for those kids
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2017
Evablizin:
grin grin grin

Kikikikikiki,i strongly believe that oga at the top will fail this exam woefully even the performance of the teachers will be better than his.
U are just looking for trouble angry
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by jemmabond(f): 10:06am On Oct 11, 2017
I'm not surprised. I remember reading about a headmaster in a school in Northern Nigeria who couldn't speak English. He would punish anyone who spoke anything but Hausa, and used his love for his culture as an excuse. He was exposed when an education official visited the school asking to speak to the head regarding the school's sanitation, and the latter answered every question with "Good morning sir". Sad to see not much has changed.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:11am On Oct 11, 2017
Even pple that don't know re laughing.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Eeroh95(m): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2017
During exams they will be shouting IN OUR TIME,WE DID NOT DO EXPO...God damnit I can solve all that at least 75 percent of it not all...I'm just being honest here
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by kode12: 10:17am On Oct 11, 2017
dionysus7:
now repeat same exercise throughout the northern states and you'll see why their UTME cut off has to be brought lower than 100

this is not a wash on Northern states, its just the sad realities of how education is in the most populous zone in the country...i have a friend who served there in kaduna, said some teachers wouldn't even show up for a month and should their salary be late, you'll see them holdings placards on the far front. this messed up culture is what is passed on to the younger minds and the cycle goes on...corruption in every level. our war on corruption is not a 4 yr sprint, its a generational marathon we have to start from our young minds
I beg to differ here, and let me say your first paragraph and the second are rather misaligned. With the massive failures of these teachers which evidently and is also the reason students from the north fair badly in PUME, don't you think it would be counterproductive reducing the PUME scores or UME scores to cater for them? If they cannot gain admission based on merit, don't you think it'd be better some form post secondary remediation scheme is put in place to bolster them academically instead of throwing them up cheaply into the university system where they'd be unable to cope or at best pay their way through school either in cash or in kind to corrupt lecturers? Reducing PUME cutoff is a very bad idea, with only short term ethereal benefits that would in the long run aggravated the already bad situation.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by loganx: 10:19am On Oct 11, 2017
just to paint a picture of how poor our educational systems have turned out.
some of my university course mates are lecturers. the exceptionally brilliant ones are lectures abroad. The below average students are lecturers in Nigeria. i remember one particular one, i use to take him on tutorials when his exams were at hand. the dude was in 400L economics related course, he doesn't understand the very basic laws of demand and supply. simple graphical solutions to demand and supply equations - why? because the system doesn't attract bright minds , except the likes of him who are scared of competing in the real world.
The same thing goes with police, as a young man growing up...i could resolve some of the most complex of issues at home, especially theft. even my old man recognized that i have great potential for psychology and wanted me to pursue a degree in it.
Today, couple of times, i had course to visit a police station, their investigative approach has been very disappointed, even with all the evidence staring them in the face. why? because the system doesn't attract the finest the society has to offer.
A police constable should earn nothing less than 300k per month with all necessary welfare package.
same goes with University and primary school teachers, they should be well paid and of course, the recruitment standard should be set high to attract the best and even foreigners.
solutions to most of our problems are not rocket science.
our leaders are just bunch of inept and self serving bab00ns.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Tapout(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2017
kevoh:

You are not a teacher, so you can/might be pardoned. Minister of Justice/Attorney general : Lawyers, Minister of Health: all health related personnel, Minister of Works, Power and housing : Engineers. An engineer might be pardoned if he does not know the Minister of health but a Doctor will be whipped for same crime. Do you understand now?

Yes sir! I do cheesy
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by gbagyiza: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2017
If truly the teachers failed those questions, I am not surprise because the recruitment into the educational system is political..Competent hands r denied the opportunity to be part of the commission..I support d effort of d government towards reforming d educational system in Kaduna, but I will advice d government to be fare to the teachers by allowing them to have access to their mark script before disengaging those that failed...
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by udumosam23(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2017
Raptor15:
Even most of you here saying "Olodo" here cannot answer these questions. In fact I believe over 80% of you here cannot answer these questions correctly. Because the Nairaland I know is filled with people who are suffering from ignorance, who make comment before they think.

I'm even struggling through most of the questions myself.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2017
Any teacher that couldn't answer at least 95% of these questions, should be demoted and he/she should repay all the salaries he/she had received from the government.
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by 1Dray(m): 10:40am On Oct 11, 2017
kay29000:
shocked But these questions are kinda hard for a primary 4 student o!

My primary 3 niece will answer those questions correctly
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by misano(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2017
kay29000:
shocked But these questions are kinda hard for a primary 4 student o!

Chai.... Hard?.... Chai....
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by malton: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2017
Built2last:
The north is backward in everything.

sad but true.

they hold juicy positions from 1960 till date but south is 100 years ahead in everything except suicide bombing

So why must you always compare?

You think teachers in government-owned primary schools down south would have fared any better?
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by 6tuz2468(m): 10:59am On Oct 11, 2017
Here are copies of the primary four exam questions which many teachers failed in Kaduna state. Thousands of primary school teachers in Kaduna state are to be sacked after failing the exams they set for their six-year-old pupils.
God how i wish this same thing happens in Niger state
thousands of Kaduna teachers fail primary four exam

State governor Nasir El-Rufai said 21,780 teachers, two-thirds of the total, had failed to score 75% or higher on assessments given to pupils. He said 25,000 new teachers would be recruited to replace them.

Mr El-Rufai made the comments at a meeting with World Bank representatives in the state capital, Kaduna.

"The hiring of teachers in the past was politicised and we intend to change that by bringing in young and qualified primary school teachers to restore the dignity of education in the state," he was quoted as saying.

Mr El-Rufai said problems with pupil-teacher ratios across the state would also be addressed.

He said some areas currently had one teacher for every nine pupils while in other areas the ratio was one to 100.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/thousands-of-kaduna-teachers-fail-primary-four-exam.html[/quote]
Re: See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna by asagbaesiri: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2017
terrezo2002:
Bad teachers taught the teachers too. what do you expect?
even if they were taught by bad teachers, can't they improve themselves! these questions can be answered by a good teacher without necessary preparation! a child in basic 3 can answer these questions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Primary 3 Exam Question About Buhari & Jonathan: Unfair or Not? / 192 JAMB Score: What Are My Chances Of Getting Admission With This UTME Score? / Medical Students Write Exams In A.B.U Zaria This Way (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.