Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,839 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:40 PM

Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? (474 Views)

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? / Let's Talk About Nipost, USPS , Other Courier Problems / How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by Curdlebug(m): 9:36am On Oct 11, 2017
Hello readers, I order for a saxophone stand from aliexpress, it arrived and I was sent an SMS by the NIPOST official to come over and get my item, though i noted the part in the text that read "Pls Come with photocopy of your ID and MONEY FOR CLEARANCE. Fast forward, I arrived at NIPOST office, calabar road, calabar, cross river state, and the woman told me to collect my item I will have to pay a fee of #500 for the item because it's 0.59kg.,please is it right to pay this fee before getting my item. I could easily get a refund for the item since not received by me. So what do you advise I do in this situation...
Re: Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by Florblu(f): 9:50am On Oct 11, 2017
Yes. I once paid #500 in Osun state for goods ordered on Aliexpress
Re: Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by Curdlebug(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2017
Florblu:
Yes. I once paid #500 in Osun state for goods ordered on Aliexpress
so I should pay and get the item...?
Re: Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by Florblu(f): 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Curdlebug:
so I should pay and get the item...?

Yes, if you can
Re: Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by fibonacci2526: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
Curdlebug:
Hello readers, I order for a saxophone stand from aliexpress, it arrived and I was sent an SMS by the NIPOST official to come over and get my item, though i noted the part in the text that read "Pls Come with photocopy of your ID and MONEY FOR CLEARANCE. Fast forward, I arrived at NIPOST office, calabar road, calabar, cross river state, and the woman told me to collect my item I will have to pay a fee of #500 for the item because it's 0.59kg.,please is it right to pay this fee before getting my item. I could easily get a refund for the item since not received by me. So what do you advise I do in this situation...

That's the handling charge for goods above 0.5kg
Re: Paying #500 To NIPOST Officials For Items Of 0.59kg Is It Right? by Taiwo20(m): 4:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
even if you ordered one (1) usb cable they will still charge you #500

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6s 16gig 110k / Decoy Smoke Alarm Hidden Security Camera / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.