Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

24 Quotes To Live By - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 24 Quotes To Live By (639 Views)

How To BE Great And Successful || Daily Quotes To Guide You! / Motivation Thurday. Picture Quotes To Motivate You / Hustle Driven Quotes To Get You Fired Up To Achieve Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

24 Quotes To Live By by BusinessInsider: 9:55am On Oct 11, 2017
The internet is inundated with life-changing quotes, but these 24 really stood out for me. Feel free to add quotes you have found life changing.
Originally posted on http://www.thecareertimes.com/24-quotes-that-will-transform-your-career-and-life/

1. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese proverb.

2. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. – Mark Twain

3. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius.

4. The man who does not shrink from self-crucifixion can never fail to accomplish the object upon which is heart is set.- James Allen

5. If you don’t know what to do with your life, do something that saves lives. The world is full of people in need, be the part of their life that fills that need. – Sanjeev Saxena

6. You are braver than you believe, smarter than you seem, and stronger than you think. – Winnie-the-Pooh

7. The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney

8. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. – Booker T. Washington

9. I was once afraid of people saying, “Who does she think she is?” Now I have the courage to stand and say, “This is who I am.’ – Oprah Winfrey

10. Do. Or do not. There is no try. – Yoda

11. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. – Les Brown

12. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. ― Maya Angelou

13. I’m an ordinary woman who chooses every day to make one more extraordinary decision – Lisa Nichols

14. You only get one shot at life. You owe it to yourself to give your dreams a chance. – TheCareerTimes

15. A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. – Neil Gaiman

16. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford

17. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not. – Oprah Winfrey

18. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. – Albert Einstein

19. The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It’s as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer. –Nolan Bushnell

20. Watch, listen, and learn. You can’t know it all yourself. Anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity. – Donald Trump

21. The unexamined life is not worth living. ― Socrates

22. Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely. ― Roy T. Bennett

23. I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance. – Steve Jobs

24. Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success. – Biz Stone, co-founder, Twitter
Re: 24 Quotes To Live By by Bjfirst: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2017
These are nice write ups.
The no 1 is such a powerful one
Re: 24 Quotes To Live By by moshoodn(m): 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Great compilations...

Anytime I read that second quote (Mark Twain), it always make me reflect retrospectively..

(1) (Reply)

Personal Assistant VACANCY For Media/art/photography Firm / I May Win 100 Million Plus On Bet9ja Thank You / Need A Federal Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.