Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc (3263 Views)

UK Ends Free NHS Care For Foreign Students & Immigrants / Travelling With A Newborn Baby / White British Man Married To Nigerian Woman: Looking To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by efeglo(f): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
Please can anyone connect me to work and care for newborn baby, nanny, daycare, baby sittting, etc. in U.K, USA, CANADA i also need work permit, please assist.
Thank you. glopeters@gmail.com, or 08077476551.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by Pittbaby(f): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2010
how much will you charge monthly. Please note that you will be expected to pay taxes out of the income.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by benincitys(f): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
you don't want to come to Europa?
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by efeglo(f): 10:04am On Mar 11, 2010
Yes i am aware about the taxes, whatever is accepted by the family is okey by me please. Thank you and hope to hear from you.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by efeglo(f): 10:08am On Mar 11, 2010
Am interested, just need a nice family to care for their children. Thank you for your help.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by EloSela(f): 11:27am On Mar 11, 2010
Childcare is a very tricky business to get into in the UK and US as there have been cases where the child carer has actually abused the child in their care and it has been subsequently found that they did not have the right qualifications to do the job. Then you also need to go through the relevant police and security checks and provide references from previous emplyers.

What are your child care credentials and qualifications and will they be valid in the countries you are looking to work in? Do you have references from your previous employers. References will need to be from the country that you are applying to work in.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by efeglo(f): 11:38am On Mar 11, 2010
Reference and credentials will be provided but i don't have any family now, we can start if i have a family to work with and then will get to know what their requirments are.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by EloSela(f): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2010
Well speaking from a Uk perspective, one must be a registered childminder before registering with an agency which will pair them with families looking for baby sitters.

Here is some more info.

Childminders

Q. Do I have to be registered to be a childminder?
A. If you are planning to care for children under the age of 8 in your own home and the children aren’t your blood relatives, you are required by law to be registered and inspected by Ofsted in England, and the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) in Wales (Welsh speakers can visit http://www.aggcc.org.uk/.

Q. Is it expensive to get started as a registered childminder?
A. As a newly registered childminder in England or Wales, you will be able to apply for a grant to help cover the costs of setting-up your childminding business.

Q. How many children can I look after in my setting?
A. In England, Ofsted will set a number of children you can care for. The maximum is six children under 8 years old, of which usually no more than three may be under the age of 5, and of these, usually no more than one child may be under 1 year old (although Ofsted may grant an exception, for example, for brothers and sisters). These numbers will include your own children if you have any.

In Wales, the CSSIW will set the number of children you can care for. The maximum is six children under 8 years of age, of which usually no more that three may be under the age of 5, and of these, usually no more than two may be under 18 months of age (although CSSIW may grant an exception, for example, for brothers and sisters). These numbers will include your own children if you have any.

Q. Do I have to live in a big house to be a childminder?
A. You don’t need to have a big house and garden to become a childminder. You don’t even need to own your own home. The home you childmind from simply has to be suitable and safe for providing childcare, something that will be checked as part of the registration process.

Q. How much will I earn as a registered childminder?
A. Most childminders run their own business so it will be up to you to set your own fees. You will charge an hourly, daily or weekly fee for each childminding place that is used, so how much you earn depends on the number of children you look after and the number of hours you work. It is a good starting point to look at what other childminders are charging in your area. There is information about the fees charged by NCMA members here.

Q: Would a child be covered by my public liability insurance policy when going out in the car?

A: In the majority of incidents injury sustained by a driver or passenger while travelling in a vehicle will be the subject of indemnity under the policyholder’s motor insurance policy. This may involve a claim against a negligent third party if they were responsible for the accident. You should have made your motor insurer aware of your business. Therefore, the motor insurer would expect you to drive with minded children in the car and will have considered this when calculating the policy premium.

Read more here, http://www.ncma.org.uk/about_ncma/contact_us/faqs.aspx

Here is an agency where you can register.
http://www.ebabysitters.co.uk/
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by efeglo(f): 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
Since am in Nigeria can't accept my post code, on that website. Still need assistance regarding registration. Thank you very much

http://www.ebabysitters.co.uk/
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by English1(f): 9:40am On Mar 14, 2010
Sorry to say but you can't do this legally.

There are us-pairs - but Nigeria isn't on the list of countries that au-pairs can come from.

You'll never get a standard work permit just to do childcare - unless you have enough qualifications etc for an HSMP, and if you did, why would you waste those doing childcare?

The info on childminders only applies to those who want to look after other people's children in their own home, not if you want to go and live with the family.
Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
job vacancies! lagos and Ogun state only!

Re: A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc by Uglyboy2015: 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
Anyone living in Canada? My mom is available for baby sitting / Nanny for the duration of 4months (October 2018-February 2019) anyone in Canada ( a Nigerian family preferably) should contact me. By the way, my mom lives in America, with a Valid Canadian visa. So you won’t stress about immigration purpose. WhatsApp 234-70 six six 23six six 97 e-mail :dimejiaina @@hotmail.com
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

About South Korea / London, United Kingdom / I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.