Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

About South Korea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / About South Korea (3261 Views)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / Nigerians In South Korea / Every Things About South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About South Korea by clem62000(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2012
hello all, my younger brother intend to study in south korea. i want know if there is job for foriegner and intl students because i am not sure i take care of all his schoolling there, i am asking if he can take care of himself more there, i suggesting scooling in naija because he got 213 in his JAMB thou he has been fighting for admision quit sometime.pls advice me if to give him the financial suport or make him forget it. i dont want to regret or regring his action and say that i abadoned him cos i also have other one taking care of thou he is very briliant.thanks all
Re: About South Korea by moonraker(m): 4:22am On May 09, 2012
if he goes to south korea, he will suffer except

your brother is on a scholarship, kpere!!!!
Re: About South Korea by Lucy001(f): 4:17pm On May 10, 2012
moonraker: if he goes to south korea, he will suffer except

your brother is on a scholarship, kpere!!!!
It all depands on the amount of money he takes to South Korea, wen going to study, as an international student u are required to have like 10,000 U.S dollars in your sponsors account, and a thousand U.S dollars is equal to 1,000,000 Korea won, finally if the poster has the money to sponsor his brother while not....

Finally, my brother is der schooling and working, all you need to do, before applying for a job while schooling is to get a professor's recommendation, frm ur university.

1 Like

Re: About South Korea by clem62000(m): 5:42pm On May 11, 2012
lucy i will assist partly let say two year tuition fee, can he work to take care of his living expenses and maybe pay the balance fee ?
for the statement of account that is no problem but my concern is will he get job that can take care of himself? please ur candid advice
thanks
Re: About South Korea by rockafela(m): 7:09pm On May 11, 2012
My brother I will advice if u really wanna send him out to study, pls look for low tuition college in places like canada...plss add little to what u intend spending on dat south korea

Why I say so: Koreans are racist kind of people, secondly he will have to face a language barrier upon getting there, not to talk of workin while schooling.
They hardly accomodate other racn except u grew up ryt there...
I have worked with them, even if u give me a korea green card I won't take.

Pls look for other low tuition uni and colleges in other region..Canada is good.
Re: About South Korea by Mavor: 7:43pm On May 11, 2012
Canada and Australia are best
Re: About South Korea by Lucy001(f): 10:28pm On May 11, 2012
clem62000: lucy i will assist partly let say two year tuition fee, can he work to take care of his living expenses and maybe pay the balance fee ?
for the statement of account that is no problem but my concern is will he get job that can take care of himself? please ur candid advice
thanks
If I might hv to use my younger brother who schooled der as a reference point, @ as three years ago, somebody made measured of language barrier, yes it is true, my brother hv to learn the Korea language for one year, b4 he was able to start his degree programme, as dat is the medium of instruction for most degree programmes. Similarly, I could remember der were lots of criticism as to while Korea, but today, by His grace he is doing well... As per racism, there is hardly any country today that you will not be faced with the problem of discrimination, be it Germany, France, etc... You will always experience dat.

Finally, as per working and taking care of living expenses, it can not really be relied upon, I personally applied for a graduate program @ Yonsei University (Graduate School of International Studies) GSIS and that of Korea University Gsis " Fall semester" any of dem that works out, mode of instrction is in english, if you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask here.
Re: About South Korea by jeffobodo: 9:25am On May 15, 2012
please i need schools in korea for undergraduate study with english as mode of instruction

(1) (Reply)

London, United Kingdom / Lagos Tourism! / Is Migrating To Canada With 5m Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.