Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

The Mystery Of Open Doors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery Of Open Doors (1903 Views)

The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations / The Mystery Surrounding Creation And Life After Death / Unauthorised Publishing Of "Open Heavens Devotional" Is Illegal - RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Open Doors by joshkke(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2017
[center]THE MYSTERY OF OPEN DOORS

JOSHUA KALU EPHRAIM[/center]

Members of The Body of CHRIST have popularized the phrase “Open door”, which connotes an opportunity to experience a new sphere of progress, or increase or prosperity. This is synonymous with the “Breakthrough” doctrine.

However the question is: which open door? Is it possible that the many doors we knock on remain closed because those doors are not meant for us? Is it also possible that the real doors we ought to heed, are largely ignored by us?

It’s possible this won’t be a very popular message, even in the church, but consider: What was our LORD’S “open door” to government, to influence and the powers that be? What was HIS “open door” to Authorities of the day which could advance HIS rise? Well, the Bible informs us that when Herod first desired to see CHRIST:

And Herod said, John have I beheaded: but who is this, of whom I hear such things? And he desired to see him. LUKE 9:9

It is safe to infer that The LORD didn’t much care for this apparent honor because just a few chapters later, we read:

The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee. And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected. LUKE 13:31-32

This response of THE LORD to the King was and still is very telling. The LORD JESUS wasn’t over the moon either at the thought of meeting Herod, or the latter having it in for him. One might even say, the King just didn’t matter. And this happened because Herod was not a moral man. The fox is a sly creature which slinks in when the owner is not there, to prey on weaker animals. This analogy perfectly captured the moral compass of this Idumean King, who had forcefully married his own brother’s wife, and then killed John the Baptist when the latter reproved him.

In contrast, how many of our ministers rush (sometimes after euphoric testimonies during service) to the seat of power on the invitation of political Authorities who have been variously vilified for wrong doings. The Bible does say we ought to pray for civil leaders, but that is only so we may live in peace and pursue the Purposes of GOD in our lives and environment. This is not an encouragement to make corrupt and oppressive leaders our new best friends. Since when did light and darkness begin to dwell together?

In the Bible’s accounts of the Prophet Daniel, even a cursory examination reveals that these heathen kings sought out Daniel, indeed compelled him to attend the throne. The prophet never went out of his way to hobnob with these. Read:

Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.

Then was Daniel brought in before the king. And the king spake and said unto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captivity of Judah, whom the king my father brought out of Jewry?

I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee.

And now the wise men, the astrologers, have been brought in before me, that they should read this writing, and make known unto me the interpretation thereof: but they could not shew the interpretation of the thing:

And I have heard of thee, that thou canst make interpretations, and dissolve doubts: now if thou canst read the writing, and make known to me the interpretation thereof, thou shalt be clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of gold about thy neck, and shalt be the third ruler in the kingdom.

Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another; yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation. Daniel 5:12-17

As I opined earlier, this might not be a very popular message. A lot will see only the honor and pomp to which Daniel was called, the offer to promotion bestowed his way. But if you astutely observe the prophet’s response, his single mindedness concerning the matter leaps to the eye.

First, there was his complete dissociation from the king … “Let thy gifts be to thyself, and give thy rewards to another”. This was nothing short of brusque behavior to the civil Authority. And Daniel was not saying this because he had foreseen that the King would be killed that night. Observe that he had not read the writing yet. And the reason for this short behavior?

Belshazzar, like Herod some hundreds of years after, was not a godly man. In stark difference to his grandfather, Nebuchadnezzar, who though very aware of his lofty position, had still humbled himself before GOD who made all, this king had desecrated the holy vessels of GOD in the most lascivious manner. King or not, the holy prophet was not about to dance attendance on him.

Secondly, Daniel at once saw DIVINE purpose in his being called to the king. “yet I will read the writing unto the king, and make known to him the interpretation”. Our personal aversion to the persons and personalities of civil authorities must never make us fall short of GOD appointed service to them, which includes even praying for the meanest of men. The difference is that we do this in obedience to GOD, for HIS purposes to find fulfillment. This is our constant in the flickering compass of relations with secular authorities.

When CHRIST did finally stand before Herod, Pilate, and even Caiaphas, what was the purpose for this open door? Promotion? Riches? A juicy contract? No; as we all know, the purpose was for CHRIST to be cruelly put to death by this State murderers, the only ones who could put an innocent man to death, as many still do today.

Of course I hear many roundly “rejecting” this particular “open door” in JESUS Name! But hear this; CHRIST was in the exact center of GOD’s will. This was and is The LORD’S interpretation of an open door: opportunity to serve GOD, at whatever personal cost.

The tragedy of the modern day Church is that she has wandered so far from her SHEPHERD she no longer hears HIS Voice. And when that Voice deliberately seeks her out, she invariably fails to recognize the tenor of THE MASTER. The result is a nightmarish distortion of her focus and vision. Thus, Church success is at present measured in acquisitions and membership strength, not in true piety and CHRIST-likeness. However, our ultimate triumph and achievement is to become exactly like THE LORD.

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD. II Cor. 3:18

And to the rejoinder, does not Church growth connote the salvation of souls? The response is: not automatically. When men are drawn to CHRIST by HIMSELF as The Church lifts HIM up, then truly they are saved, because they come to HIM, The Author and Finisher of our faith, and only Perfecter of our lives. When in the converse, the members come as a result of carefully strategized campaigns which ape secular efforts, the men and women so drawn take on only the likeness of the mind in that campaign.

And there shall be, like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their ways, and reward them their doings. Hosea 4:9

What this means, man of God, is that we are stealing The LORD’S Sheep from him, turning them into our sheep, our church, Small wonder we are often left to our own devices when they need only what GOD can supply: HIS Power, HIS Might.

So, will our open door lead to service in Divine purposes? Notice the conduct of CHRIST when HE stood finally before this three. To Caiaphas, the hypocritical High Priest, a rebuke:

The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine. Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said. And when he had thus spoken, one of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, Answerest thou the high priest so? Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me? John 18:19-23

In effect, CHRIST told the high priest, “Why do you say one thing, and do the opposite? Why do you profess to live by the law of GOD, and yet persecute contrary to that law?”

Also in John:

But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. Matthew 26:63-65

Here again a warning and a prophecy from the LORD to a High Priest that didn’t even recognize his GOD. And this was the warning. The High Priest knew the truth; Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: In other words, “you have acknowledged this truth with your own mouth”. The high Priest chose to ignore that truth for reasons he felt justifiable. Recall he had already surmised The LORD JESUS had to die for Israel- and the world. This he did without knowing the eternal import of his own words.

And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad. John 11:49-52

But here before that erring high priest, THE LORD gave a warning in the form of a prophecy. For a certainty, one day Caiaphas would see The LORD glorified, returning to the earth in power. It was against this terrible day of Judgment that CHRIST was asking the priest to prepare himself, as HE still asks everyone in the world today.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. Rev. 1:7

Corny or not, ludicrous sounding or not, THE LORD JESUS CHRIST will return to this physical planet earth for judgment. On which side of eternity will HE find you? What steps are you taking currently to prepare for that day? This is the most important question every man, woman, and child living or dead has ever had or will ever have to answer. Perhaps, you should take a moment right now, and decide your eternal destination. Who knows if the trumpet will sound before you finish this book? I urge you, do this now before we continue.

Thank you for taking out that time.

So, we see the open door CHRIST experienced into the realm of political leadership was actually a door leading to arrest, torture and an ignominious death. Let us draw a parallel to Paul’s description of a particular open door in his life and ministry.

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries. 1 Cor. 16:9

Paul describes an open door in the same breath as talking about potential troubles. An adversary can only always connote opposition and trouble; make that “Adversaries” and you have just multiplied that potential. So Paul here anticipates the presence of discomfort even as he advances into that open door.

But hold on, could Paul be talking about these adversaries preventing him from reaching this open door? That would be the logical argument, especially if we want to interpret this to mean Paul was being ushered into a new realm of favor and blessings and position. Well, we all know the life of that Apostle and I think we all agree that the one thing Paul could abundantly boast of in his earthly life was constant affliction:

Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Col. 1:24

What an incredible statement! In fact at first glance, one could think Paul is saying that he was completing whatever sufferings CHRIST left still undone. At first glance that is. However we know that THE LORD did finish HIS earthly purpose and work, all Glory to GOD!

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. John 17:4

When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. John 19:20

CHRIST did it all! There remains not ONE uncrossed t, not ONE i which is not dotted in the wonderful work of GOD’s salvation for fallen man. So this is not what Brother Paul is talking about. What then?

Paul was talking about the remainder of the personal experiences of suffering apportioned to him from THE LORD.

Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem: And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. Acts 9:13-16

We can always believe THE LORD I am glad to say. So it is this glorious suffering for the sake of JESUS’ Name that the Apostle alludes to. I am so convinced that it is these same experiences that Paul refers to as his “great and effectual open door”.

I am grinning wide as I write this. I imagine how many of us are still so eager for that open door. In fact I am interested in seeing how many will even take this word in.

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? Isaiah 53:1

Please remember also dear Child of GOD:

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. II Tim. 3:12

This is anything but a persecution mentality. The LORD HIMSELF said the world would not receive the church, because they did not receive him. I dare say that the recent closeness between the world and CHRIST’S Church is because the Church has strongly compromised her position.

In the scripture we just read, the operative phrase is “all that will live godly in CHRIST”. Not all who claim to live in HIM, but all who will make the decision to indeed be resolute and unflinching in living by The HOLY SPIRIT’S dictates. In the midst of a perverse and wicked world, persecution will never be far from such. And that again is the open door into GOD’’S Purposes. So it is not a mentality, it is a naturally occurring consequence for daring to swim against the tide of fallen humanity. Buffets and frontal collisions are just a matter of course and time.

Examine your own lives. Haven’t your most “peaceful” times been those where you chose to just mind your own business and not stand for GOD? The peaceful above is in parenthesis because our true peace comes from THE LORD.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

In contrast, haven’t our absolutely most chaotic times been those when we spoke up for the cause of Righteousness and truth in our work, families, and even sadly in church?

Beloved, this is the open door that GOD would have us realize HE is always placing before us. Then we must choose. If we choose to trust HIM, and go through that door, the revelation on the other side is beyond the grasping of the human mind.

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1 Peter 1:11

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:8-10

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. Rom. 8:18

I agree this is uncomfortable for many of us to face. However it is much better we do know what we are dealing with, and what we are called to, rather than play possum and miss GOD’S best for us. This is the Christian call; this is the life that will glorify THE LORD JESUS and GOD THE FATHER through HIM.

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Prophesied Trump's Election In 2007 Reveals 3 More Chilling Predictions / Paintings Of How People In The Past Envisioned Life Now / In Whose Image Were Women Created?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.