Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,463 members, 7,861,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode (28004 Views)

Chanting Edo is not Lagos can't win you election / Senate Okays 7.5% VAT And 6 Other Tax Hikes / So Anambra And Imo Can Do It But Lagos Can't Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by ude61: 5:49pm On Oct 11, 2017
BET TO BE A MAN OF YOURSELF ..BET9JA OR NAIRABET BOOKING CODE?
09/10/2017 YESTERDAY FIXED MATCH
BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP' PLEASE STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
NORTHER IRELAND LEAGUE-3TEAMS CORRECT SCORE TIP
100 PERCENT SURE WINNING IS GUARANTEED..CALL OR WHATSAPP

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lagos state GOOD MORNING< grin grin grin grin
VAT ke, wahts wrong with these people, i thought this guy was Educated!
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:
Is this not one of the analyses adeyinka grandson has been presenting in order to make gullible Yoruba see how the Hausa Fulani have been robbing the south especially the SS and SW. Taking large sum of money from the south to fund their unproductive and parasitic regions and to fund the luxurious lifestyles of Abuja politicians. But the yoro muslim - loyal and humble slaves of the caliphate would rather insult the hell out of him and report him to authorities. I wonder if these people are cursed. I just don't get it. Or could it be that they're just imposters disguising as Yoruba Moslems. I don't get how some people could be so daft not to listen to the voice of reason. Now that Ambode has said it, let's hear what these head slammers have to say.
Yoruba muslims & Yoruba Christians shenanigans. When will you guys stop smoking weed?
Yoruba is one.
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by enomakos(m): 5:51pm On Oct 11, 2017
All the niger delta states shall also chop their oil money alone

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by aribisala0(m): 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
It's embarrassing that till date no single govt official knows what VAT is ..VAT is nothing but a Tax borne by the last consumer of a product or service , the fact more VAT initiated in Lagos state because it's the gateway of our import Based economy doesn't mean the Tax burden is terminated in Lagos state as it can only be terminated at the point of the last consumer which can be anywhere from Lagos to Zamfara depending on how far goods imported through Lagos go ..Yes Lagos state will initiate most VATS but doesn't terminate most of it ..
You are the ignorant one but you think you know it all. Please stop talking nonsense. What has VAT got to do with imports?

What is the meaning of initiate and terminate. VAT is the same as Sales or Consumption Tax that means it is paid by the final consumer.
The person who sleeps in the Hotel room,the person who drinks 1000 Naira tea ,the person who watches a movie at silverbird and so on.

Not everything is subject to VAT. There must be Value Added and there is comprehensive guidance. It has NOTHING to do with imported goods which are levied import duties and so on.

VAT is Tax paid mainly by LAGOS RESIDENTS.
In the states they call it Sales Tax and it is not levied by the Federal Government

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by erico2k2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2017
TimeMod3:
Lagos VAT contributes 70% of Federal revenue, a much larger contribution than oil. Moreover, the recklessness of the SS governors makes people call for caution, although it could be argued that SS deserves much better share.
Care to explain that? cos from your write up it seems, you have no clue to what VAT is.
I import say One 40 ft container of Smart phones and Smart Tvs, pay my duty at the port and load my cargo unto waiting truck straight to PHC,
I offload at my warehouse and begin to distribute as whole seller. Akpos buys 10 units of tv and 20 units of smart phones , takes it to warri to retail,He now sold one to Efe, who in turn pays N40k of which %20 is VAT.
Lets test your Brain, betw lagos, PHC and warri, where was teh VAT generated??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by masseratti: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:
It's embarrassing that till date no single govt official knows what VAT is ..VAT is nothing but a Tax borne by the last consumer of a product or service , the fact more VAT initiated in Lagos state because it's the gateway of our import Based economy doesn't mean the Tax burden is terminated in Lagos state as it can only be terminated at the point of the last consumer which can be anywhere from Lagos to Zamfara depending on how far goods imported through Lagos go ..Yes Lagos state will initiate most VATS but doesn't terminate most of it ..
did you read what you wrote?vat has nothing to do with importation, like u said its borne by the last consumer, vat is not only on import items,its on goods and services, don't confuse Nigerians
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by masseratti: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
aribisala0:
You are the ignorant one but you think you know it all. Please stop talking nonsense. What has VAT got to do with imports?

What is the meaning of initiate and terminate. VAT is the same as Sales or Consumption Tax that means it is paid by the final consumer.
The person who sleeps in the Hotel room,the person who drinks 1000 Naira tea ,the person who watches a movie at silverbird and so on.

Not everything is subject to VAT. There must be Value Added and there is comprehensive guidance. It has NOTHING to do with imported goods which are levied import duties and so on.

In the states they call it Sales Tax and it is not levied by the Federal Government
thank you, the guy is just turning economics upside down with his fallacy.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
Jetleeee:

You and who insulted NDeltans? I've never been against resource control. I've always been in support of the ND having 100% control of their resources. From day 1. Go through the history

There are 2 things I've never spoken against on this forum. Biafuro and ND resource control

Heck! I don't even mind if they come together to form a country. All I care about is SW

So fun won! Je kon mo!

Awon estúpido

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by erico2k2(m): 6:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
aribisala0:

DOnt forget he was not talking of sales Tax rather VAT.Also they End consumer of Lagos products might not reside in Lagos every state pays same %50 Im afraid I see nothing wrong.The only situation I would find weird is if he (Ambode) is talking of all products and service that passes fru Lagos being subject to lagos state VAT contribution!
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by ivolt: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:
Is this not one of the analyses adeyinka grandson has been presenting in order to make gullible Yoruba see how the Hausa Fulani have been robbing the south especially the SS and SW. Taking large sum of money from the south to fund their unproductive and parasitic regions and to fund the luxurious lifestyles of Abuja politicians. But the yoro muslim - loyal and humble slaves of the caliphate would rather insult the hell out of him and report him to authorities. I wonder if these people are cursed. I just don't get it. Or could it be that they're just imposters disguising as Yoruba Moslems. I don't get how some people could be so daft not to listen to the voice of reason. Now that Ambode has said it, let's hear what these head slammers have to say.

You seem to have strong affectionate love for mentally unstable men
wherever they come from.

[img]https://media./images/b79ed09bcac0d4a3e7fe60d5fca3f989/tenor.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by Edu3Again: 6:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Biety:
A verry good one from Ambode.

50% is too much.
somebody who is not supporting you in your strugles cannot be sharing your profits equally with you and expect you to keep quiet.

You reject special status for lagos but want to continue sharing equally what is being generated from there. Its unfair.

This fight should not end on the pages of Newspaper. It's a legit fight that should be fought till there is changes.

Chai, You nail am.
and I am Igbo oh.

I hope ur bros will now see why we need Biafra.

Make ur money, spend ur money.

Not we make money and some Almajiri comes to spend it

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by aribisala0(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
erico2k2:

DOnt forget he was not talking of sales Tax rather VAT.Also they End consumer of Lagos products might not reside in Lagos every state pays same %50 Im afraid I see nothing wrong.The only situation I would find weird is if he (Ambode) is talking of all products and service that passes fru Lagos being subject to lagos state VAT contribution!
Stop confusing yourself. VAT is NOT import duty. VAT is sales tax in addition to other specified VAT able products. if you don't know find out and stop misyarning
The key point is this
The TAX BURDEN IS BORNE BY THE FINAL CONSUMER

that is the koko

FINAL CONSUMER and that is what makes it very easy to measure where it comes from.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by yaki84: 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
seunmsg:
Correct. It's high time Yoruba's come together and fight out the issue of VAT sharing once and for all. If oil generating States are getting 13% derivation, the same rule should also be applied to sharing of Vat and company tax. Lagos is the most marginalized state in Nigeria and this unfair treatment to the state must stop.
we r talking total restructuring aka true federalism, u r talkimg sh1t. R u trying to pacify ur masters?
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by SalamRushdie: 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
aribisala0:

I have remitted more VAT than you have earned in Ur entire life so I know what VAT is , I used imported products as a guide so a dude like you could get a quick grasp . Are you aware Traders from all over Nigeria come to buy most of their Goods from Lagos and it's at that point that the VAT is initiated and passed on and on till the last leg consumer terminates it's...I recently supplied a diesel Generator to a private hospital in Nassarawa state, I got the generator from Bhojonson here in Lagos and initiated the VAT which I have remitted here in Lagos but passed that same VAT to the good Doctor that owned the hospital in Nassarawa state , a shallow chap like you will now say that VAT was generated by Lagos state while in truth it was actually borne by Nassarawa state ..Please I hate discussing with shallow minded people because they never understand how things work but keep arguing

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by SalamRushdie: 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
masseratti:
did you read what you wrote?vat has nothing to do with importation, like u said its borne by the last consumer, vat is not only on import items,its on goods and services, don't confuse Nigerians

Who said it had to do with imported goods ..please read my last comment and get clarity .
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by hola106(m): 6:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
seguno2:

Why is your trusted governor not ever ready to fix potholes on roads instead of commissioning bus stops upandan?
Maybe he is not smart. Do you agree?
if u don't knw abt Lagos state plz don't talk trash abt it beta u keep quiet
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by TheKingIsHere: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
maxzzo1:
so is painful nigeria should b grateful to niger deltans.

I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by yaki84: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
free2ryhme:

They ar enot ready to work for others to share yet they want others to work and they share

awon rag heads northerners
when u hear nigeria's population is above 170million, who u think say do the work? Na dem o, we r all benefitting from the work they r doing interms of populating our density.
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by oruma19: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
FTrebirth:
ambode is smarter than i had imagined him.

i just wish he could present this issue to the house and let the negotiations begin. though, i expect the northern caliphate to tremble.
E
useless parasites!
why is ambode crying? Said baba...one chance APC for life. Hausa Neva show Una pepper. I wonder hownuna for cry if na Una oil dem take de build north
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by wingmanII: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
Stupid Southerners, come and restructure Nigeria Na,
Operation crocodile smile and python dance fall on you.
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
erico2k2:

Care to explain that? cos from your write up it seems, you have no clue to what VAT is.
I import say One 40 ft container of Smart phones and Smart Tvs, pay my duty at the port and load my cargo unto waiting truck straight to PHC,
I offload at my warehouse and begin to distribute as whole seller. Akpos buys 10 units of tv and 20 units of smart phones , takes it to warri to retail,He now sold one to Efe, who in turn pays N40k of which %20 is VAT.
Lets test your Brain, betw lagos, PHC and warri, where was teh VAT generated??
Your academic analogy is very shallow. Let me help fix you;
Your information of the 40ft container was incomplete, to begin with.
How many units of Tv & Phones have you in the container altogether?

Here is it; More than half of the total units of both products STAYS in Lagos while the rest leaves for other destinations.
Whatever goods you may decide to import, as a profit- driven & sensible investor, Lagos is considered your major market, and you know why!. Need me say more.
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by checkolatunji: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
Jetleeee:

TFOH with your religious bullocks

Most Yorubas, irrespective of religious affiliation agree with Ambode on this one. There is nothing you and Adeyinka grandclown are saying that hasn't been said.

It's not like shi.t has changed since you've been making noise about the so called hausa parasites. All you clowns do 2-4-7 is make noise.

Everytime, Yoruba Muslim this, Yoruba Muslim that.

Na them say make you never pass WAEC?

Leave the pig he's just looking for a way to have a peace of mind cos he's totally frustrated

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by aribisala0(m): 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Mumu I have remitted more VAT than you have earned in Ur entire life so I know what VAT is , I used imported products as a guide so an idiot like you could get a quick grasp . Are you aware Traders from all over Nigeria come to buy most of their Goods from Lagos and it's at that point that the VAT is initiated and passed on and on till the last leg consumer terminates it's...I recently supplied a diesel Generator to a private hospital in Nassarawa state, I got the genrator from Bhojonson here in Lagos and initiated the VAT which I have remitted here in Lagos but passed that same VAT to the good Doctor that owned the hospital in Nassarawa state , a shallow fool like you will now say that VAT was generated by Lagos state while in truth it was actually borne by Nassarawa state ..Please I hate discussing with shallow minded people because they never understand how things work but keep arguing
this is where ego takes over you do not know me and will not know me let us agree that you have remitted more VAT than me.How is that relevant?
Why calling me an idiot ? If you want to talk about VAT do so and if you want to start abusing y I am at home for you.

VAT is not a one off/ If Value is added to the same goods then additional VAT is payable When they are taken outside lagos.
The fact that VAT is paid on Juice bought in Lagos does not mean no VAT is paid when it is served cold in a hotel in Abuja.

Why is it that Abuja is at the top of VAT generating regions? Do people go there too to buy goods to distribute across Nigeria?
Those goods bought in Lagos have VAT charged on them up to that stage of processing or Value addition.

The VAT law is clear VAT is borne by tthe End user.

Foreigners come to Nigeria and pay VAT too So what ?? We don't rebate the VAT to them and it is attributable to where they purchase

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by erico2k2(m): 6:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
TimeMod3:
Your academic analogy is very shallow. Let me help fix you;
Your information of the 40ft container was incomplete, to begin with.
How many units of Tv & Phones have you in the container altogether?

Here is it; More than half of the total units of both products STAYS in Lagos while the rest leaves for other destinations.
Whatever goods you may decide to import, as a profit- driven & sensible investor, Lagos is considered your major market, and you know why!. Need me say more.
Why are you deliberately being daft, I said I carry my 40ft container straight to PHC which is the case most times, I never said I opened the container in Lagos, I said carried whole container to a warehouse in PHC and from there sell content at wholesale .It is a simple question.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by mankand(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
ColonelDrake:

No mind those morons. They are hell bent in defending the parasitic unitary system

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by seguno2: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
hola106:
if u don't knw abt Lagos state plz don't talk trash abt it beta u keep quiet

Why should any reasonable taxpayer in Lagos keep quiet about stealing, corruption and misplaced priorities?
Is it that you are not a taxpayer or you are not reasonable or both?

saints2:
Ever been to Idi-Ara when the Lagos state University Teaching Hospital is situated? Then you will know that this calls for immediate and urgent call for action. LUTH is a reputed to be one of the best in the country, but this is definitely not in terms of infrastructure given the pathetic state of the access road to the hospital. From the first gate to the second gate, it is in its deplorable state. This same road is where vehicles which are bringing in emergencies will pass through. I know some will argue that this road is still good compare to other roads in the state, but what's worth doing is worth doing well. These are visuals we are able to get courtesy of YNaija Monitor!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6090861_luth_jpeg029531659457f80857295d621d4a5008

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/10/these-are-bad-roads-leading-to-luth.html
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by SalamRushdie: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
aribisala0:

this is where ego takes over you do not know me and will not know me let us agree that you have remitted more VAT than me.How is that relevant?
Why calling me an idiot ? Is your mother an idiot? She must be?Just like your father too? If you want to talk about VAT do so and if you want to start abusing your mother and father I am at home for you.

VAT is not a one off/ If Value is added to the same goods then additional VAT is payable When they are taken outside lagos.
The fact that VAT is paid on Juice bought in Lagos does not mean no VAT is paid when it is served cold in a hotel in Abuja.

Why is it that Abuja is at the top of VAT generating regions? Do people go there too to buy goods to distribute across Nigeria?
Those goods bought in Lagos have VAT charged on them up to that stage of processing or Value addition.

The VAT law is clear VAT is borne by tthe End user.

Foreigners come to Nigeria and pay VAT too So what ?? We don't rebate the VAT to them and it is attributable to where they purchase

Sorry about that ..I have fixed my post ..I should learn not insult
Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by aribisala0(m): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lagos generates 55% VAT
Abuja generates 20% Rivers 6% and Kano 5%
we are to believe this is due to imports?

Who is importing through Kano and Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Can't Generate VAT And Others Take 50℅ - Ambode by naijalo: 6:28pm On Oct 11, 2017
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Members In Equatorial Guinea Lock Their Shops (Pics) / Photos: President Jonathan’s Men Produce Evidence Of Corruption By NWC Memb / Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.