Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Need Clearification On An Hadith - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Clearification On An Hadith (732 Views)

Some Hadith Classifications And Their Differences / An Important Hadith For Husband-wife Relationship / Contextualising The Hadith Of Abdullah Ibn Umar –NAJD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Clearification On An Hadith by umarshek6(m): 4:35pm On Oct 11, 2017
Rasoul (SAW) said in an hadith dat d pen is lifted for 3 categories of people "a boy till he becomes a young man,an insane person till he regains sanity,a sleeping person till he is awaken.

My questions are as follows
Is it only d pen for bad deeds dat is lifted or both bad and good?
Wat if d insane person has a hand in wat has afflicted him does he still fall under these categories?

Cc Empire Albaqir Rashduct4luv
Demmzy15

Assalamu alaikum

2 Likes

Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by AlBaqir(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2017
umarshek6:
Rasoul (SAW) said in an hadith dat d pen is lifted for 3 categories of people "a boy till he becomes a young man,an insane person till he regains sanity,a sleeping person till he is awaken.

Wat if d insane person has a hand in wat has afflicted him does he still fall under these categories?

Assalamu alaikum

# It is ONLY on the "bad deeds". Islam consider mental maturity a great deal. Thats why it dishes out responsibility ONLY when someone is come of age.

* Anything good that those three categories did will be rewarded.

Those two points can be understood and supported with yet another Hadith which says if someone intends to do good deeds, he will have a reward recorded for him even if he isn't able to carry the deed out, and if he carries the deed out, he will be rewarded manifolds; and on the other hands, if he intends to do evil, nothing will be recorded for him until he carry out the evil deed. That's how merciful our Lord is.

# If the insane has a hand in what caused his predicament:

* Whether through drug, smoke or juju or whatever means, absolutely his/her REAL intentions is not to cause harm to himself. Rather s/he is being deceived by his lower self.

* If there will be punishment for such, it will only be measured on what s/he did till the time of his/her predicament.

* So, the fact that s/he is now insane makes his/her condition fall within insane that the Hadith says. Obviously, the Hadith never distinguish any type of insanity.

Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by umarshek6(m): 5:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by umarshek6(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
AlBaqir:

# It is ONLY on the "bad deeds". Islam consider mental maturity a great deal. Thats why it dishes out responsibility ONLY when someone is come of age.

* Anything good that those three categories did will be rewarded.

Those two points can be understood and supported with yet another Hadith which says if someone intends to do good deeds, he will have a reward recorded for him even if he isn't able to carry the deed out, and if he carries the deed out, he will be rewarded manifolds; and on the other hands, if he intends to do evil, nothing will be recorded for him until he carry out the evil deed. That's how merciful our Lord is.

# If the insane has a hand in what caused his predicament:

* Whether through drug, smoke or juju or whatever means, absolutely his/her REAL intentions is not to cause harm to himself. Rather s/he is being deceived by his lower self.

* If there will be punishment for such, it will only be measured on what s/he did till the time of his/her predicament.

* So, the fact that s/he is now insane makes his/her condition fall within insane that the Hadith says. Obviously, the Hadith never distinguish any type of insanity.

Allah knows best.
ok sir
Jazakumullahukhairan

1 Like

Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2017
Mr. kafir albaqir got it right . . although he go copy and paste it ni . . . .6py
Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:13am On Oct 12, 2017
umarshek6:

Cc Empire Albaqir Rashduct4luv
Demmzy15

Assalamu alaikum

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Pen has been lifted from three: from the sleeping person until he wakes up, from the minor until he grows up, and from the insane person until he comes to his senses.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4398), al-Nisaa’i (3432) and Ibn Maajah (2041); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

So one who does not know what he is doing whether due to being childish, sleep or insanity, no good or bad deeds will be recorded till he is aware of what he is doing. It doesn't matter if he has a hand in what happened to him. Whatever he does after he became insane would not be recorded for him till he is aware. However, his family is required to pay for whatever damages he incurs.

If an insane man commits suicide, the suicide will not count for him if he is not aware of what he is doing. But it counts if he can differentiate between good and bad actions or knows what he is doing.
And Allah knows best.
Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by umarshek6(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Pen has been lifted from three: from the sleeping person until he wakes up, from the minor until he grows up, and from the insane person until he comes to his senses.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (4398), al-Nisaa’i (3432) and Ibn Maajah (2041); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

So one who does not know what he is doing whether due to being childish, sleep or insanity, no good or bad deeds will be recorded till he is aware of what he is doing. It doesn't matter if he has a hand in what happened to him. Whatever he does after he became insane would not be recorded for him till he is aware. However, his family is required to pay for whatever damages he incurs.

If an insane man commits suicide, the suicide will not count for him if he is not aware of what he is doing. But it counts if he can differentiate between good and bad actions or knows what he is doing.
And Allah knows best.
ok thank u sir
Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by umarshek6(m): 5:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Mr. kafir albaqir got it right . . although he go copy and paste it ni . . . .6py
zatto zinibi ne
Re: I Need Clearification On An Hadith by RENOWNED2(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
Yep op, i think your righr salamalekum salam grin

(1) (Reply)

What Should Be Your Response To Dua? "Aameen" Or "In Sha Allah". / "Crescent Has NOT Been Sighted, May 2nd Is Salah":Sultan Of Sokoto / Is It Allowed For A Sister To Propose To A Fellow Muslim Brother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.