Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) (43500 Views)

Toyin Lawani Celebrates Mother's Day With Sexy Photos (PHOTOS) / Temi Otedola Rocks Native Attire In New Picture.(photo) / Chacha Eke Rocks Native Attire In New Picture With Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by ubongoton(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
that is not ibibio ,its efik attaire(calabar)
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
skirmish:
That's Efik not Ibibio!

They are more or less the same. Little difference between both groups.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 8:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Cute
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2017
Gerrard59:

There are not the same at all although they have similar names,dish and language but within these,there are differences.in character,efiks are gentle,proud and almost lazy while ibibios are strong,rugged and violent.efiks are fewer and base in cross river while ibibios are more numerous and purely in akwa ibom.efiks are better cooks.nowadays ibibios are copying almost all aspects of efik lifestyle thereby making it hard to differentiate.Let me also add that ibibio girls love sex madly and are promiscuous.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by SenorFax(m): 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2017
riyanxeally:
this pics gat me singing waow
Your pics got me singing Woooow. kiss
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by blackbeau1(f): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
Mbopo akwa ibom
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2017
senatordave1:

There are not the same at all although they have similar names,dish and language but within these,there are differences.in character,efiks are gentle,proud and almost lazy while ibibios are strong,rugged and violent.efiks are fewer and base in cross river while ibibios are more numerous and purely in akwa ibom.efiks are better cooks.nowadays ibibios are copying almost all aspects of efik lifestyle thereby making it hard to differentiate.Let me also add that ibibio girls love sex madly and are promiscuous.
. My bro'
I don't agree entirely with ur points:

Efik girls goes gaga for sex &promiscuous too.

Similarity in language? Yes. Both languages are spoken & understood by all of AKS, Infact some part of Akwa Ibom state speaks Efik with The same mode of dressing too.

As for character, you are right, Efik person is always a proud person probably due to rich history,cultural heritage &early contacts with whites. They select the kind of job they do, less-stressful jobs, no time for dirty jobs, an average white-collar job is OK, &he's Contented with that. Then enough time to relax &hangout with friends. #enjoyment

As for the Ibibios they're the hustling type, go-getters,anything goes as long as its legit, they learn From the Igbo brothers, academically incline, infact the entire AKS are eduationally Advance state &their indigenes are found In some professional career scenes.

Both are good cooks.

Ini Edo's dressing is a complete Efik Traditional attire not ibibio.(mistake from OP) Though some efik-speaking part of AKS also adopts This dressing too.

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
saintkeppy:
. My bro'

Similarity in language? Yes. Both languages are spoken & understood by all of AKS, Infact some part of Akwa Ibom state speaks Efik with The same mode of dressing too.

As for character, you are right, Efik person is always a proud person probably due to rich history,cultural heritage &early contacts with whites. They select the kind of job they do, less-stressful jobs, no time for dirty jobs, an average white-collar job is OK, &he's Contented with that. Then enough time to relax &hangout with friends. #enjoyment

As for the Ibibios they're the hustling type, go-getters,anything goes as long as its legit, they learn From the Igbo brothers, academically incline, infact the entire AKS are eduationally Advance state &their indigenes are found In some professional career scenes.

Both are good cooks.

Ini Edo's dressing is a complete Efik Traditional attire not ibibio.(mistake from OP) Though some efik-speaking part of AKS also adopts This dressing too.

Ikpa,that sex side no tally.i was born in calabar and i have dealt with both efik girls and akwa ibom girls.most people confuse akwa ibom girls for efik girls and now claim that its efik girls that love it which is not so.an average efik girls libido is average.efiks are very few in numbet by the way and is not everyday one comes across them like akwa ibom girls.many of my friends outside cross river even claim their efik girlfriends called ekaette or idara or mfonobong when efik girls rarely bear that name.the only girls i know in cross river that love sex are the yakurr girls but the oron girls beat them to that.if you are in cross river,we can even carry out a research in this.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2017
senatordave1:

Ikpa,that sex side no tally.i was born in calabar and i have dealt with both efik girls and akwa ibom girls.most people confuse akwa ibom girls for efik girls and now claim that its efik girls that love it which is not so.an average efik girls libido is average.efiks are very few in numbet by the way and is not everyday one comes across them like akwa ibom girls.many of my friends outside cross river even claim their efik girlfriends called ekaette or idara or mfonobong when efik girls rarely bear that name.the only girls i know in cross river that love sex are the yakurr girls but the oron girls beat them to that.if you are in cross river,we can even carry out a research in this.
. Not doubting you my broda, my take is both do crave for sex too. Whether it's Ekaette, Asari,Effiomanwan or Mmayen,kokonne, all of them dey tidy wella.
Leave all those formings where dem dey form I sabi dem well, go down calabar-south where u have much natives&observe, even on campus, up town. Just get small swag, also flow Well in efik &u're good to go. grin

In terms of numbers I agree with you.

Born &breed in Cali b4 I left, so me know watxup with dem.
Remember Quas &Efuts too sums up.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 2:19am On Oct 12, 2017
senatordave1:

Certainly, the aspect of pride seems to be correct. But the violent aspect of the Ibibios is kinda of false considering that most parts of Akwa Ibom (dominated by the Ibibios) are safe than Efik dominated areas of Cross River (most notably Calabar). Yes, being the capital, one can say it'll attract unreasonable individuals. However, Uyo is also a capital, and is far safer than Calabar.

Ibibios copying aspects of Efik's lifestyle? Copy when they are almost indecipherable as groups? Copy when the latter emigrated from the former? What's even there to copy? Anyone can be promiscuous and possibly be a nymph, it has nothing to do with the ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by AreaFada2: 3:32am On Oct 12, 2017
curvilicious:
She is such a beau kiss
Belle sir.

Beau for male.

Belle for female.

Both French used in English.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 5:20am On Oct 12, 2017
This is Traditional Efik Attire of the Calabar people of Cross River State and not Ibibio. Be guided accordingly.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by juman(m): 5:46am On Oct 12, 2017
Beautiful.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by curvilicious: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2017
AreaFada2:

Belle sir.

Beau for male.

Belle for female.

Both French used in English.

Ok! Thank you, sir
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by riyanxeally(f): 7:07am On Oct 12, 2017
hahaha fr were no be where ini dey o
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by bros856: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Ini Edo the society has given you fame, tell me what you have given back to the society. Everything is all about you. Don't you have a village?
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 12, 2017
Abukia404:
So much in love with efik,wish I can dress like this on my wedding day,but my papa no go gree cry
kidnap him na.......den afta dey release him
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Abukia404(f): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2017
EliteBiz:

kidnap him na.......den afta dey release him
so u can act as the bride father abi?why I said dat was only because my mom is from akwaibom,and u knw the man owns the child.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by GoldenChiddy: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2017
There's a lot of Igbo culture being promoted within the Igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_hnRYaqfew
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by ibibiogrl: 11:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
senatordave1:

Enough with the Insults! angry These differences has already been discussed & explained in a previous threads years ago. Also Ini Edo was acting a movie that's why she's dress like that undecided U can google her traditional wedding & U will see she was dressed completely in Ibibio attire. No Ibibio is copying Efik, we're Very Proud of our traditions and customs. Even the Uruan Ibibios related to Efiks majority aren't wearing Efik gowns anymore, but dressing in Ibibio attire for their traditional marriage. If you see any Akwa Ibomite dress in Efik traditional outfit, it's probably Oron, who share the same traditions with Efik, they're also the only ones speaking Efik in AKS because they cannot speak Ibibio & Efik is their 2nd Language.

Re: Mixed Tribes by ibibiogrl: 1 year & 8 months

Aloy.Emeka:
No difference. Efiks and ibibios are the same. Both understand each others dialect, same language, similar culture and very tiny differences. Even the neighboring igbo don't know the difference. Efiks and ibibios are the least violent specie of Nigerians.

There are many differences between Efik and Ibibio, difference in dressing Efik wear a gown and Elaborate hair dress etc. Ibibio tie 2 wrappers with a blouse, like most south easterners but without coral beads. Also difference in marriage traditions, Efiks coach the bride to be in fattening rooms and there are ceremonies before the actual marriage, ibibios don't. Efik traditions is Rule by Ekpe secret society, Ibibio don't have Ekpe, different traditional gods and different greetings. There are many other differences, the only similarity between Efik and Ibibio is the food and language; although most young Ibibios growing up in Akwa Ibom will only understand a little Efik in the future, since Efik language isn't used in Akwa Ibom.
The most similar ethnic group in Akwa Ibom to Efik is Oron . Please refer to this websites for pictures;
Efik http://esopefik.tripod.com/efiktradition.html and Efik https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/10
Ibibio https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/16
Just as Efik and Ibibio differs Annang also has same differences, but Ananng dress mors.

READ DETAILS HERE: https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-between-igbo
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by ibibiogrl: 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2018
Gerrard59:

Here are the Major differences in Cultures between Efik, Annang & Ibibio

Re: Mixed Tribes by ibibiogrl: 1 year & 8 months

Aloy.Emeka:
No difference. Efiks and ibibios are the same. Both understand each others dialect, same language, similar culture and very tiny differences. Even the neighboring igbo don't know the difference. Efiks and ibibios are the least violent specie of Nigerians.

There are many differences between Efik and Ibibio, difference in dressing Efik wear a gown and Elaborate hair dress etc. Ibibio tie 2 wrappers with a blouse, like most south easterners but without coral beads. Also difference in marriage traditions, Efiks coach the bride to be in fattening rooms and there are ceremonies before the actual marriage, ibibios don't. Efik traditions is Rule by Ekpe secret society, Ibibio don't have Ekpe, different traditional gods and different greetings. There are many other differences, the only similarity between Efik and Ibibio is the food and language; although most young Ibibios growing up in Akwa Ibom will only understand a little Efik in the future, since Efik language isn't used in Akwa Ibom.
The most similar ethnic group in Akwa Ibom to Efik is Oron . Please refer to this websites for pictures;
Efik http://esopefik.tripod.com/efiktradition.html and Efik https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/10
Ibibio https://www.nairaland.com/478074/post-pictures-traditional-weddings/16
Just as Efik and Ibibio differs Annang also has same differences, but Ananng dress mors.

EXAMPLE OF DIFFERENCES IN DANCE CULTURE
ezeagu
Is this Ibibio or Annang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWVRqEcpvXk

Will you be surprised if I find Annang people accusing Ibibio people of cannibalism? undecided
That is Annang, if it was filmed abroad, then there might be Ibibio youths joining in the Dance but the dance is traditionaly Annang dance called Utah.
This is Efik dance Ekombi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rynsh2CaqAk&feature=related

Better view of Ibibio dance here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQdZUsrdGw0&t=120s

READ DETAILS HERE: https://www.nairaland.com/609355/whats-major-differance-between-igbo

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by Gerrard59(m): 6:54am On Dec 13, 2018
ibibiogrl:

Here are the Major differences in Cultures between Efik, Annang & Ibibio

EXAMPLE OF DIFFERENCES IN DANCE CULTURE

This is Efik dance Ekombi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rynsh2CaqAk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQdZUsrdGw0&pbjreload=10

Sosongo.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 1:01am On Dec 17, 2018
Gerrard59:

Sosongo.
don't allow that igbo girl deceive u i'm from akwa ibom state and there are only slight differences between Efik , Ibibio and annang. the languages are virtually the same with few dialect difference.
the culture and everything are the same.
ask her of any noun in efik that is different from ibibio (God, church, house, school etc)
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2018
saintkeppy:
. My bro'

Both are good cooks.

Gerrard59 this is the perfect truth.
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by DateMynd44(m): 1:08am On Dec 17, 2018
Etianwanokon:
This is Traditional Efik Attire of the Calabar people of Cross River State and not Ibibio. Be guided accordingly.
ediye odu me mmong?
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by ibibiogrl: 3:58am On Mar 16, 2020
DateMynd44:
don't allow that igbo girl deceive u i'm from akwa ibom state and there are only slight differences between Efik , Ibibio and annang. the languages are virtually the same with few dialect difference.
the culture and everything are the same.
ask her of any noun in efik that is different from ibibio (God, church, house, school etc)
Oh really am Igbo Just seeing this.
Maybe because you don't know but House in Efik is Ebiet Idung, while in Ibibio is Ufok, In Annang its Idung/Ilung. Most of the times places in Efik is refered to as Obio, while in Ibibio it's Idung.
There are many nouns in Efik that's different in Ibibio, few examples Young lady= Nkaifri(Efik) Aboikpa(Ibibio) & Feces=Uduang(ibibio) Ifvo(Efik) Afid(annang)
Re: Ini Edo Rocks Ibibio Traditional Attire In New Photos (Photos) by marrycisco(f): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2020
For more deep Love Quotes For her
https://bulkquotesnow.com/deep-love-quotes-her/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of Helen Paul, Her Husband And Their Children / Harrysong Seeks Help For Depression / Venita Akpofure Is Darling Nigeria Ambassador (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.