Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox (26302 Views)

Monkey Pox Outbreak: Important Things You Should Know About Monkeypox / Monkeypox Hits Rivers State, 3 People Quarantined / Bayelsa Monkeypox Outbreak: Health Commissioner Speaks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
Monkeypox has been causing panic across Nigeria since the first suspected case of the viral disease was reported in Bayelsa State last week.

It has since spread to six other states. These are Rivers, Ekiti, Akwa-Ibom, Lagos, Ogun and Cross River

The Executive Officer of the National Centre for Disease Control, Chikwe Ihekweazu, confirmed that 31 cases had been recorded in the seven states.

Following reports of the spread of the disease, the House of Representatives on Tuesday summoned the Minister of Health, Isaac Adewole, to appear before it to explain measures being taken to curb the spread.

In the absence of specific form of treatment or vaccine, PREMIUM TIMES has compiled some of the things people need to know to prevent the spread of the disease.

Monkeypox can be transmitted through contact with body fluids or respiratory droplet of an infected animal, and being bitten by an animal infected by the disease.

Seven Tips

1. Avoid contact with squirrels, rats and monkeys, especially animals that are sick or found dead.

2. Practice good hygiene, always wash hands with soap and water after contact with animals or when caring for sick human relatives or soiled beddings.

3. Avoid contact with respiratory droplet of an infected animals or humans, i.e holding animals close to the face.

Note: There is very little information that allows one to exclude any animal from contracting monkeypox. Therefore, it should be presumed that any mammal including common household pets, could be infected if exposed to the disease.

4. Avoid contact with persons infected with the disease or suspected of the disease.

5. Handle materials used by or to treat infected persons with care- e.g bedding clothes, and any other contaminated material

6. Cook all meat very thoroughly, especially bush meat

7. If you are a farmer, call in expert in suspected cases of animal illness and wear gloves when examining them.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/245763-seven-tips-avoid-monkeypox.html

2 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by steveyoungwealth: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2017
K
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
Nairalanders will not hear this one.

They will keep killing and eating Rats, Squirrels, Snakes and any other Animal you've probably never heard of.

10 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Adaumunocha(f): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
I've never tasted monkey meat in my life.
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by korel9: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
lalasticlala and his snake hunting gang should read this.

but wait,

is lalasticlala a he or a she? grin

2 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by donblade85555(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
May God help us from all thus diseases, first Ebola, then lassa fever and now monkey pox. who did Nigeria offend? Make d person forgive us o

anyway for funny jokes and riddles that will make you laugh like a mad man, visit
www.laughkillme.com

2 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nathdoug(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2017
T
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by joeaz58(m): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
it will never come near us.... in Jesus name..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by jennybright(f): 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2017
Diseases and sickness are things of the past in my family. There shall be no LOSS in Jesus Name Amen

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Davidchibike(m): 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Avoid Buhari too

5 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Edu3Again: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
Don't accept medical anything from the Army

10 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by KINGHAFI(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2017
K
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by tpnatuzzi: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Instresting
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Mbamifeanyi(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
so I should stop eating monkey and dog... why na...

lalalalalalalala get ready
pythonpox loading.....................

2 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
trust my niggas, we do test our animals in lab before eating it.
no time waste free meat.
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Rich4god(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Do youbhave plans to...? tongue
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Emmalexlion: 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
lols this monkey pox of a thing caused a serious temple run at 042 today ;Dlols this monkey pox of a thing caused a serious temple run at 042 today

1 Like

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by luizmendezgrant(m): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
When will i eva be FCT..!!

Well, as 4 Monkey pox i dnt knw hw it realy kame.. Kuz all deze animalz hav bin in existence.. So y monkey pox nw..

2 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by nairavsdollars(f): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
DON'T DRINK MONKEY-TAIL
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by luizmendezgrant(m): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2017
When will i eva be FCT..!!

Well, as 4 Monkey pox i dnt knw hw it realy kame.. Kuz all deze animalz hav bin in existence.. So y monkey pox nw..
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Jsucre(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
Adaumunocha:
do you need it now?
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by tobtap: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Adaumunocha(f): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Rich4god:
Do youbhave plans to...? tongue
Naaaa
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Adaumunocha(f): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
Jsucre:

do you need it now?
Do u sell?
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by tayo200(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2017
hmmmm...ki olorun sha gbawa
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by sexaddict08(m): 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
yeebos say na military inject their people with monkeypox....Its like Ekiti, Ogun and Lagos are now part of Igbo land. I just dey laff
Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Buhari na badluck to this nation.

_Thunnnnder fire Airtel. angry

1 Like

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by slimbiggy(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
Eleven ways to stay safe from the dreaded Monkey Pox:*

1. Avoid Monkey meat especially the Kanda.

2. Avoid that alcoholic concoction called Monkey Tail or Monkite or Kpanrangan.

3. Avoid Monkey Cage when u visit any Zoo until further advised.

4. Avoid Chinese Films especially 'Snake in The Monkey Shadow'.

5. Avoid Monkey (Wayo) Business, especially my Igbo brothers.

6. If u luv playing football like me please avoid 'Monkey Post' for now until after the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

7. For the sake of ur life, avoid watching those Hausa & Togolese men who carry Monkeys about in Major Nigerian cities, especially Lagos, in the name of entertainment & magic. If not u will just die troway!!!

8. Don't ever use the phrase 'Monkey no fine but im Mama like am' else the pox will come upon u like a Hurricane.

9. Don't allow any of ur child to be jumping upandan like Monkey else 'dem go catch am o! It is better they jump like Antelope or any other animal.

10. Run 440 if u spot anyone with the disease. Avoid unnecessary physical contacts, especially in Bayelsa State & always wash & sanitise ur hands b4 eating. If u can help it, stay in ur house until this scourge is sent to meet its cousin (Ebola Virus) in the pit of hell.

11. Avoid wearing Monkey jacket.

Please 4ward as received to help save lives while I carry out further research.

11 Likes

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by JoshMedia: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
Alright
Thanks for the write up

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Seven Tips To Avoid Monkeypox by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2017
slimbiggy:
Eleven ways to stay safe from the dreaded Monkey Pox:*

1. Avoid Monkey meat especially the Kanda.

2. Avoid that alcoholic concoction called Monkey Tail or Monkite or Kpanrangan.

3. Avoid Monkey Cage when u visit any Zoo until further advised.

4. Avoid Chinese Films especially 'Snake in The Monkey Shadow'.

5. Avoid Monkey (Wayo) Business, especially my Igbo brothers.

6. If u luv playing football like me please avoid 'Monkey Post' for now until after the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

7. For the sake of ur life, avoid watching those Hausa & Togolese men who carry Monkeys about in Major Nigerian cities, especially Lagos, in the name of entertainment & magic. If not u will just die troway!!!

8. Don't ever use the phrase 'Monkey no fine but im Mama like am' else the pox will come upon u like a Hurricane.

9. Don't allow any of ur child to be jumping upandan like Monkey else 'dem go catch am o! It is better they jump like Antelope or any other animal.

10. Run 440 if u spot anyone with the disease. Avoid unnecessary physical contacts, especially in Bayelsa State & always wash & sanitise ur hands b4 eating. If u can help it, stay in ur house until this scourge is sent to meet its cousin (Ebola Virus) in the pit of hell.

11. Avoid wearing Monkey jacket.

Please 4ward as received to help save lives while I carry out further research.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Of The World's Most Famous Conjoined Twins / Woman Gives Birth To Conjoined Twins In Bauchi (pic) / Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.