Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Handle Antibiotics With Care - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Handle Antibiotics With Care (25489 Views)

Avoid Ewedu When Taking Some Antibiotics β€”scientists / Parmanently Get Rid Of Infections Without Antibiotics / Antibiotics: What They Are And How To Use Them By Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Handle Antibiotics With Care by Dpharmacist: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2023
It's Anti-microbial Resistance Awareness week
I want to use this opportunity to highlight the importance of taking caution in use of antibiotics to prevent resistance from microorganisms.

Today we will be focusing on antibiotics.

At least 30% of antibiotic courses prescribed in the outpatient setting are unnecessary.
Most of these antibiotics are prescribed for acute respiratory conditions. More than half of all patients who receive a diagnosis of an acute respiratory tract infection are given an antibiotic prescription.

Despite the fact that an overwhelming proportion of these infections are caused by viruses, not bacteria. People have overused the drug Septrim when ever they have a cold symptoms when in factosy of the times, it's caused by a virus.

Below are tips to handle antibiotics :

How to Handle Antibiotics with Care to Preserve Their Power

Antibiotics are like superheroes fighting off bacterial villains in our bodies. But just like superheroes, they need to be used wisely to keep their power intact. Let's talk about why using antibiotics correctly is crucial and how we can prevent their abuse and misuse.

πŸ’Š Understand When Antibiotics Work:
Antibiotics are like targeted missiles against bacteria, not viruses. If you have a bacterial infection like strep throat or a urinary tract infection, antibiotics can be your heroes. However, for viral infections like the common cold or flu, antibiotics are like a superhero costume – unnecessary and won't do much.

πŸ’Š Follow Your Doctor's Orders:
Your doctor is like the wise wizard who knows the right spells for your health. If they prescribe antibiotics, take them exactly as prescribed. .

πŸ’Š Don't Share Your Superpowers:
Your antibiotics are like a personalized shield for your body. Don't share them with friends or family, even if they seem to have similar symptoms. Each body is unique, and what works for you might not work for someone else.

πŸ’Š Avoid Self-Medication:
Don't take antibiotics without a prescription. It's like playing with fire without knowing the rules. Self-medication can lead to taking the wrong antibiotic, the wrong dosage, or unnecessary risks.

πŸ’Š Report Side Effects:
If you experience any side effects from antibiotics, don't keep it to yourself. Your doctor is like your ally in this battle, and they need to know if something doesn't feel right. They can adjust your treatment plan or suggest alternatives.

πŸ’Š Finish the Mission, Even if You Feel Better:
Feeling better is like winning a battle, but the war isn't over until you finish the antibiotics. Stopping early is like leaving the battlefield without securing victory. Some bacteria may survive and develop resistance, making it harder to treat future infections.

πŸ’ŠAntibiotic Resistance: A Growing Threat:
Imagine bacteria as cunning villains learning to dodge your superheroes. Misuse and overuse of antibiotics contribute to antibiotic resistance, where bacteria become resistant to the drugs designed to kill them. This poses a serious threat, making infections harder to treat and increasing the risk of spread.

Antibiotics are powerful tools in our healthcare arsenal, but their effectiveness relies on responsible use.

Let's treat them with the respect they deserve, ensuring that our superheroes remain potent and capable of safeguarding our health.

59 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by FalseProphet1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
I have no prophecy on this matter. Kindly bear with me.

This I have seen.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2023
Dpharmacist:
It's Anti-microbial Resistance Awareness week
I want to use this opportunity to highlight the importance of taking caution in use of antibiotics to prevent resistance from microorganisms.

Today we will be focusing on antibiotics.

At least 30% of antibiotic courses prescribed in the outpatient setting are unnecessary.
Most of these antibiotics are prescribed for acute respiratory conditions. More than half of all patients who receive a diagnosis of an acute respiratory tract infection are given an antibiotic prescription.

Despite the fact that an overwhelming proportion of these infections are caused by viruses, not bacteria. People have overused the drug Septrim when ever they have a cold symptoms when in factosy of the times, it's caused by a virus.

Below are tips to handle antibiotics :

How to Handle Antibiotics with Care to Preserve Their Power

Antibiotics are like superheroes fighting off bacterial villains in our bodies. But just like superheroes, they need to be used wisely to keep their power intact. Let's talk about why using antibiotics correctly is crucial and how we can prevent their abuse and misuse.

πŸ’Š Understand When Antibiotics Work:
Antibiotics are like targeted missiles against bacteria, not viruses. If you have a bacterial infection like strep throat or a urinary tract infection, antibiotics can be your heroes. However, for viral infections like the common cold or flu, antibiotics are like a superhero costume – unnecessary and won't do much.

πŸ’Š Follow Your Doctor's Orders:
Your doctor is like the wise wizard who knows the right spells for your health. If they prescribe antibiotics, take them exactly as prescribed. .

πŸ’Š Don't Share Your Superpowers:
Your antibiotics are like a personalized shield for your body. Don't share them with friends or family, even if they seem to have similar symptoms. Each body is unique, and what works for you might not work for someone else.

πŸ’Š Avoid Self-Medication:
Don't take antibiotics without a prescription. It's like playing with fire without knowing the rules. Self-medication can lead to taking the wrong antibiotic, the wrong dosage, or unnecessary risks.

πŸ’Š Report Side Effects:
If you experience any side effects from antibiotics, don't keep it to yourself. Your doctor is like your ally in this battle, and they need to know if something doesn't feel right. They can adjust your treatment plan or suggest alternatives.

πŸ’Š Finish the Mission, Even if You Feel Better:
Feeling better is like winning a battle, but the war isn't over until you finish the antibiotics. Stopping early is like leaving the battlefield without securing victory. Some bacteria may survive and develop resistance, making it harder to treat future infections.

πŸ’ŠAntibiotic Resistance: A Growing Threat:
Imagine bacteria as cunning villains learning to dodge your superheroes. Misuse and overuse of antibiotics contribute to antibiotic resistance, where bacteria become resistant to the drugs designed to kill them. This poses a serious threat, making infections harder to treat and increasing the risk of spread.

Antibiotics are powerful tools in our healthcare arsenal, but their effectiveness relies on responsible use.

Let's treat them with the respect they deserve, ensuring that our superheroes remain potent and capable of safeguarding our health.

2 Likes

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Feyistar1: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
Very true, especially around children

1 Like

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by emorse(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
Say no more. Augmentin is 35k!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by oluwaseunamos33(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Bliss62: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
Ampliclox and Ampicillin are now money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Amuluonyenaego: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
Augmentin is now 35k, dem no Dey tell person.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by phemmie06(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2023
shocked
Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by nedekid: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
Augmentine now 29k cheesy

1 Like

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Basicend: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
I just buy garlic, ginger and lemon and I boil them and drink frequently. These are very strong natural antibiotics.

I have not been sick for many years. .

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by simfrost90210: 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
Antibiotics.... πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
I believe it must be prescribed before taken!
If not, then, victims of these circumstances should be thoroughly taught, extensively, the risks behind blind treatment in individuals...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by 11Anonymous(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
Got to know this later in life.

Was always taking antibiotics along with antimalarial drugs everytime I had malaria fever.

If you don't have enough to afford a hospital each time you think you're sick of malaria, go for a malaria and typhoid test before getting drugs.
It's about 3k for both so don't cause problems for yourself.

I also got to know that drugs aren't good for one's system, I now only take it when very necessary

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by popweezy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
To those of you taking ampiclox because you don't want to get pregnant I hope you hear

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by KillIgbohoN0W: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2023
With the infection these girls are carrying around these days I don't know if I can.

Antibiotics is now more important than food.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Padipadi(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Mindlog: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2023
Basicend:
I just buy garlic, ginger and lemon and I boil them and drink frequently. These are very strong natural antibiotics.

I also do same.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by ZACHIE: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Given the cost of these drugs these days, nobody needs to warn anybody anymore.

The prices will first warn you to be careful.

Beecham Ampliclox must be hovering above some people's salary now.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Sirtee19: 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Educative post like this is what we need, not all those erotic, immoral and emotional fantasy posts that many always rush to comment on.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by phemmie06(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
In Nigeria of today everyone is a physician. Majority of over the counter drugs prescription are from friends and well wishers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by EDUECO(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
Nature has endowed mankind with antibiotics!

It still surprises me that modern medical practitioners have been promoting the unnecessary use of pharmaceutical antibiotics. embarassed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Obakoolex(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2023
undecided

1 Like

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by jospepper(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
Those of you wey the always rush go take Beecham Ampiclox (Bishan Ampiclos)
For every small headache and to FLUSH your system, this message is for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2023
We hope they listen....
It's tempting to stop taking an antibiotic as soon as you feel better.
But you need to take the full treatment to kill the disease-causing bacteria.
If you don't take an antibiotic as prescribed, you may need to start treatment again later.
If you stop taking it, it can also promote the spread of antibiotic-resistant properties among harmful bacteria.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by CHIOMAEZEH: 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2023
Inukwa
Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by Aptech019: 5:41pm On Nov 19, 2023
Good
Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by OBTMOS(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
If you you become resistant to anti biotics, can it be reverse or it’s for life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Handle Antibiotics With Care by EDUECO(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
Basicend:

This is better than pharmaceutical antibiotics.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Available Options For Your Decaying Teeth / I Need Cure For Pimples And Acme / Man Dead After Cable Drum Fell On Him In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.