Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,207 members, 7,811,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments (28249 Views)

Falana Reacts As DSS Rearrests Omoyele Sowore / Falana Reacts To Suspension Of Ruga Settlements, Tells Buhari What To Do / Femi Falana Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Fazemood(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2017
Baru, you and your Oga Jubril, very soon una go soon join nollywood produced new movie OIL MONEY season 1 to 5 after una don steal tire o, Barawo Oloshi.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by jacyhelen(f): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2017
NNPC Saga is becoming More Messier as Nnpc comes in defence of Baru and PMB..
In Felas voice:Motor get accident,dem arrest the conductor!!!..
Some chibok girls will soon be released as cover up and to divert attention while the remaining batch release will be a in build up for 2019 general election. Nigeria I hail thee!!!!!
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by kobijacobs(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2017
ehissi:

My friend! Hang it there........ angry
He hasnt gone dumb, he is simply observing table manners....... grin
After all, it is not good to talk while eating......., angry
LMAO!!
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by EruditorII: 11:08am On Oct 12, 2017
cc Vivere.

Falana's take
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by surgical: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2017
RZArecta:
Even Abacha and Babangida will be looking at Buhari's corruption skills with envy grin
. you nailed it.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Ekaka1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
oganology33:
Awarding Contracts without due process is not corruption. Its a deliberate oversight

I take God beg you sir...break it down shocked
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Ekaka1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
RZArecta:
Oturugbeke o grin

My brother...end times pocket lawyers.everrrrry whia grin
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by kpaofame: 1:28pm On Oct 12, 2017
oganology33:
Awarding Contracts without due process is not corruption. Its a deliberate oversight

so in essence you are trying to tell me or confuse me that Stealing is not corruption now

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Vivere: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
EruditorII:
cc Vivere.

Falana's take
Falana submission does not hold water. It has been refuted by NNPC's 2nd submission today.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by EruditorII: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
Vivere:

Falana submission does not hold water. It has been refuted by NNPC's 2nd submission today.

LOL. It has not been. NNPCs submission did not even address anything. It was laughable. They have been cornered.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Vivere: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
EruditorII:

LOL. It has not been. NNPCs submission did not even address anything. It was laughable. They have been cornered.
Really? Go and read it again. Also read Osinbajo's reply that he approved NNPC'S contracts while he was acting President. Then tell me what you think.

Kachikwu's mismanagement of this entire incident may end up costing him dearly.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by ofuonyebi: 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Falana should not make only the legal noise and grammar here...

he should do the needful by taking this matter to court, that is when he must have proved that he is serious and a patriot

enough of all these noise....without action..!
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by adetayo234: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
oganology33:

You are an enemy of this country. People like you are supposed to be shot dead.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by adetayo234: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
swagagolic01:
Isn't falana a yoruba Muslim? ? Who gave him the right to go against their lords in the north??

Falana isn't a Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by adetayo234: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
DeKen:
Hmm, everybody is just quoting laws up and down. Who is saying the correct thing now?

Do you really need anyone to tell you that?
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Apoztl3(m): 5:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
TheFreeOne:

They are currently hiding cos its becoming difficult defending the grandmaster of corruption.

But as soon as there's a new story on opposition looters and IPOB they'll be around to wan.k as usual.
Haba naa, u for include "viewers Discretion"
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by EruditorII: 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
Vivere:

Really? Go and read it again. Also read Osinbajo's reply that he approved NNPC'S contracts while he was acting President. Then tell me what you think.

Kachikwu's mismanagement of this entire incident may end up costing him dearly.

I have read it over and over again. Nothing was said.

So Osinbajo approved an NNPC contract unilaterally? Who gave him powers to? At what point did he get it to approve of it without the consent of the FEC? If the FEC were involved who presented the memo to them?

The same Osinbajo that sent Baru to get input from Kachikwu approved a contract without same Kachikwu's input?

I thought NNPC claimed President Buhari in his capacity as Petroleum Minister approved the contracts? Now it is Osinbajo in his capacity as acting president? Does acting president equate being Petroleum Minister?

This is preposterous. Please don't say this thing to any lawyer worth his onions you'd be shredded. PMBs govt stands to lose credibility for this so the VP has been offered as the fall guy. Due process was clearly breached and with each flimsy rejoinder the evidence becomes even more glaring.

Why is everyone silent on the appointments? Have you noticed the rhetoric that the NTB approves contracts is fizzling? Because it has been exposed to be another lie. The NTB does not approve contracts.

Have you noticed that each approved contract should have a seal by a member of the NNPC board as approved by the chairman of that board? So who is the chairman of that board and who did he approve to provide the seal on the contracts?

How is it possible that the NNPC board that is mandated to supervise ALL the activities of the NNPC (which includes the NTB) will somehow have no say in the contracts that are to be executed by the same NTB?

Okay just what if by an impossible happenstance Baru was right all along. What would be his reason for still bypassing Kachikwu? If he was being fair-minded and open - why dodge Kachikwu and hide behind the NTB?

NNPCs response that Kachikwu nominated so and so or that he acted without a board is redundant hogwash because I already told you on that other thread that he was Minister and GMD (as there was no board in place) so he simply had to get approval from the president himself. But now that Baru has a Board in place that oversees his office why sideline that board?

I have not received one credible answer from any of his sympathizers and it is really disheartening because I believed in this govt from the jump.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Vivere: 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2017
EruditorII:
I have read it over and over again. Nothing was said.

So Osinbajo approved an NNPC contract unilaterally? Who gave him powers to? At what point did he get it to approve of it without the consent of the FEC? If the FEC were involved who presented the memo to them?

The same Osinbajo that sent Baru to get input from Kachikwu approved a contract without same Kachikwu's input?

I thought NNPC claimed President Buhari in his capacity as Petroleum Minister approved the contracts? Now it is Osinbajo in his capacity as acting president? Does acting president equate being Petroleum Minister?

This is preposterous. Please don't say this thing to any lawyer worth his onions you'd be shredded. PMBs govt stands to lose credibility for this so the VP has been offered as the fall guy. Due process was clearly breached and with each flimsy rejoinder the evidence becomes even more glaring.

Why is everyone silent on the appointments? Have you noticed the rhetoric that the NTB approves contracts is fizzling? Because it has been exposed to be another lie. The NTB does not approve contracts.

Have you noticed that each approved contract should have a seal by a member of the NNPC board as approved by the chairman of that board? So who is the chairman of that board and who did he approve to provide the seal on the contracts?

How is it possible that the NNPC board that is mandated to supervise ALL the activities of the NNPC (which includes the NTB) will somehow have no say in the contracts that are to be executed by the same NTB?

Okay just what if by an impossible happenstance Baru was right all along. What would be his reason for still bypassing Kachikwu? If he was being fair-minded and open - why dodge Kachikwu and hide behind the NTB?

NNPCs response that Kachikwu nominated so and so or that he acted without a board is redundant hogwash because I already told you on that other thread that he was Minister and GMD (as there was no board in place) so he simply had to get approval from the president himself. But now that Baru has a Board in place that oversees his office why sideline that board?

I have not received one credible answer from any of his sympathizers and it is really disheartening because I believed in this govt from the jump.

You are going round in circles. Osinbajo was acting President, or have you forgotten? He had powers to approve or deny contracts. And the input Baru was asked to get from Kachikwu concerned NNPC personnel changes, and not contracts. Osinbajo has NOT said he approved those contracts without seeing Kachikwu's input, has he? Also, the NNPC act made it possible for GMD NNPC to get approvals from either FEC or the Petroleum Minister or the President. The phrase Minister of State was never mentioned in the NNPC Act. This has been stated over and over.

Kachikwu that initially said he was sidelined with regards to contracts, has not come out openly to say that he didn't nominate 9 firms for crude oil contracts, after NNPC made its 2nd statement. That is why I keep telling you to go back and read everything again. With an open mind, if possible. Kachikwu has handled this whole thing badly, and it could backfire on him, if care is not taken.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by 7lives: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Izonpikin:
I beckon on all Yoruba’s to independently join hands with the rest of the south to vote out this Fulani government devoid of Tinubus influence and let us move on with our lives.. Buharis government brazenly has delved into nepotism, corruption and incompetence like we’ve ever seen and it’s all in our faces.. yourbas please help us..

The one wey we join hand to install in the past, we no get anything.
I endured 16 years of PDP'S Corruption and I no die, na wetin I no go fit endure?.
Buzz off jor.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Izonpikin: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
7lives:

The one wey we join hand to install in the past, we no get anything.
I endured 16 years of PDP'S Corruption and I no die, na wetin I no go fit endure?.
Buzz off jor.
but many of your people had jobs back then.. how about what’s happening now?? Are you satisfied with the glaring show of tribalism by our Fulani president??

Are you ok with it??
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by EruditorII: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2017
Vivere:

You are going round in circles. Osinbajo was acting President, or have you forgotten? He had powers to approve or deny contracts. And the input Baru was asked to get from Kachikwu concerned NNPC personnel changes, and not contracts. Osinbajo has NOT said he approved those contracts without seeing Kachikwu's input, has he? Also, the NNPC act made it possible for GMD NNPC to get approvals from either FEC or the Petroleum Minister or the President. The phrase Minister of State was never mentioned in the NNPC Act. This has been stated over and over.

Kachikwu that initially said he was sidelined with regards to contracts, has not come out openly to say that he didn't nominate 9 firms for crude oil contracts, after NNPC made its 2nd statement. That is why I keep
telling you to go back and read everything again. With an open mind, if possible. Kachikwu has handled this whole thing badly, and it could backfire on him, if care is not taken.

Provide the NNPC Act that says the GMD can get approvals from the President or Petroleum Minister let us examine it. This penchant of throwing any phrase about hoping it sticks needs to stop. If Osinbajo needed Kachikwu's input for personnel changes why would he not need the same input for contract approvals?

If Osinbajo did not say he approved those contracts without Kachikwu's input so when did Kachikwu give his input? Atleast you have conceded that Baru did not seek Kachikwu's input. This is the truly cyclical argument.

If NNPC claimed that Kachikwu made recommendations on 9 companies after his input was sought after - then it infers that at the point where Baru let that happen he was following due process. So what is your excuse for the times he did not follow it, after all the claim now that he could bypass Kachikwu according to the law can be rubbished by this particular claim. I hope you see the flagrant contradiction.

Kachikwu insisted that Baru was picking and choosing when to get the board involved and when not to. NNPC gives us one example of such a time when they requested and got his input but remain mum on the other instances he raised and you are telling me to read it again? LOL. You are making me laugh.

And when would Kachikwu refute this claim of these 9 companies if it is untrue? NNPCs rejoinder just got released today or his perceived silence until tomorrow means he is complicit and if he gainsays their claims tomorrow you would look for another excuse to shift the goal post in your bid to defend something that is laughably illegal.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by 7lives: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Izonpikin:
but many of your people had jobs back then.. how about what’s happening now?? Are you satisfied with the glaring show of tribalism by our Fulani president??

Are you ok with it??

Oh thanks for reminding me that THOSE WHO LOST their jobs, due to the ECONOMIC MISMANAGEMENT OF THIS COUNTRY by PDP in the last 16 years are YORUBAS.
So many companies relocated to Ghana as far back as 2013 because of POOR ENERGY SUPPLY are not AWARE OF THIS?.
If una wan brainwash people, make una dey find una mate, understand?.
I have my reasons for not voting for Goodluck in 2011, it was the energy issue.
I didn't vote Buhari 'cause I couldn't even collect my voters card, but come 2019 I WILL collect my card and vote for Buhari, vote for who you like too.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by Izonpikin: 10:20am On Oct 13, 2017
7lives:

Oh thanks for reminding me that THOSE WHO LOST their jobs, due to the ECONOMIC MISMANAGEMENT OF THIS COUNTRY by PDP in the last 16 years are YORUBAS.
So many companies relocated to Ghana as far back as 2013 because of POOR ENERGY SUPPLY are not AWARE OF THIS?.
If una wan brainwash people, make una dey find una mate, understand?.
I have my reasons for not voting for Goodluck in 2011, it was the energy issue.
I didn't vote Buhari 'cause I couldn't even collect my voters card, but come 2019 I WILL collect my card and vote for Buhari, vote for who you like too.
i can see I am wasting my time with a buhari ass locker.. enjoy your suffering alongside your Fulani master.. hopeless fellow..
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by oganology33(m): 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
adetayo234:

You are an enemy of this country. People like you are supposed to be shot dead.

Mumu!!! U nid 2 go back 2 SS1 English language and focus on the word. . .'Sarcasm'
Alika!!!
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by adetayo234: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2017
N
oganology33:

Mumu!!! U nid 2 go back 2 SS1 English language and focus on the word. . .'Sarcasm'
Alika!!!

You are an idiot to expect people to read your mind. Go back to what you wrote and ask yourself if it reads like a sarcasm
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by oganology33(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2017
adetayo234:
N

You are an idiot to expect people to read your mind. Go back to what you wrote and ask yourself if it reads like a sarcasm

Evry molecule in ur body is amazed at how foolish u are.
Maybe next for ur sake I'll try my best 2 make English language simpler instead of making us of words like 'deliberate' and 'oversight'.
Pls stop embarrassing urself. Name me dey shame 4 u.
Re: Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments by adetayo234: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2017
oganology33:

Evry molecule in ur body is amazed at how foolish u are.
Maybe next for ur sake I'll try my best 2 make English language simpler instead of making us of words like 'deliberate' and 'oversight'.
Pls stop embarrassing urself. Name me dey shame 4 u.

Mr English speaker, let the world know when you stop dancing naked on the street like a shameless buffoon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Created Sahara Reporters With My Sweat, Tinubu Created TVC With Lagos Money / Police Officer, Garba Saleh Rabo Rejects ₦1 Million Bribe, Arrests Giver In Kano / Jigawa: Governor, Deputy, Emir Shun Osinbajo’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.