Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,067 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? (6615 Views)

Service Plots For Sale At Spring Of Life Estate ( Beside Deeper Life) / V.strategic Plot@PAKURO Opp. Deeper Life Camp-4details See Attach Survey Plan / This Land Is Besides The Only Bank In The Area. Opposite The Deeper Life Grounds Along Ipaja Ayobo R (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by cooljade(f): 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
[b][/b] Dear Peeps,

I'm just had my borehole dug on my new construction site and here goes my short story of confusion in which i desperately seek ur help in advice.
A reputable borehole driller charged me 500k for a borehole in Abuja. i paid 400 at start which was to cover some soil test he said he needed to do.
He drilled for a couple of days and then told me he approached a rock at 30 meters and got another machine of his to crack the rock. The rock was cracked and he went on for 2 more meters which made the borehole 32 meteres in all. there was a gush of clean water from the point of drilling and everyone was happy and full of compliments for the borehole man. As he was about taking out the hammer used in cracking the rock, it got stuck. He tried all that day and the next but to no avail. He sadly covered that hole and started making another one.

He dug the second hole for only two days and he says he is done at 27 meters.

Nairalanders, I feel the man didn't do as good a job as the first one. probably cos he is scared of the hammer getting stuck. I pleaded with him to make it deeper,, at least 32 meters but he inssisted that he had reached a good spot. He added that if he continues drilling, we might lose all water. what do you advice pls. thanks
Re: Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by Diamondmed: 7:21pm On Mar 10, 2010
MY BROTHER,
From my Experience as Geologist and a Web developer, The most important aspect of drilling is the Geophysical Survey which will reveal the relative depth of an aquifer(Area where you can tap sustainable water).If your driller had an idea of the water level in that zone and the type of soil formation he will encounter, he will definitely know the type of Equipment to use, All the same what matters in borehole is the aquifer zone NOT THE DEPTH, Thanks and God Bless,
Mik,

1 Like

Re: Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by cooljade(f): 7:53pm On Mar 10, 2010
Diamond Med. Thanks.

the site is in Kado behind deeper life church, do you know of any borehole functioning for years with 27m depth?

Besides, i'm a lady so address me as "MY SISTER" wink
Re: Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by beninman1(m): 10:53am On Mar 11, 2010
My Sister,
Do you get clean water at this 27m depth cos that should be your main concern and also what is the flow rate like at this depth.
It is not necessarily how deep but largely the initial test/survey should determine this.
For example, i have witnessed a borehole drilling in Lekki area. It was done up 45m cos the general advise is that if they go beyond this depth, they would meet salt water which would require more treatment etc.
Re: Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by Diamondmed: 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
Sorry Sis, I live in Lagos, You can get the information from other drillers in that Area or Ask the owner of any borehole in the Area,
Re: Borehole! The Deeper: The Better. How True? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 14, 2010
[b]@Diamondmed

Thanks for the indepth info. I learn something new about drilling and borehole myself. Engineers have limited knowledge about Geology and its good to get some enlightment here.

@Poster:

As an experienced builder who has had on-hands experience with the job since 1998, I think you are doing a big mistake drilling your borehole during a wet season.
There was a borehole company I usually recommend that dug for a house I built in 2005, and unfortunately the borehole was dug during rainy season; therefore, the water level was high and ground softened for easy drilling. The borehole was not drilled deep because the water was easily found at higher level since it was a wet season. A year later, in February, as the dry season began, the borehole dried up leaving the home owner furious and mad at me. We had to start all over again during the dry season, and the company demanded to paid the same full amount again.

If your borehole company has already started, I recommend you halt the entire drilling until later after the rain has stopped and the ground is dry, and im sure they will be going deeper than their current 27mm depth.[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

PHPAC Estate Ibeju Lekki @450k, buy 3 get 1 free / 5 Bedroom Hot Hot detached Duplex For Sale Chevron Lekki Lagosrice: / Bio Digester (modern Sockaway)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.