Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. (3086 Views)

Why Is There No Single Objective Proof That God Exists / Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Atheists, Christians, Muslims And Deists Are All Irrational People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Go spiritual.
Think spiritual.
See spiritual.
Discern spiritual.
Because your above statemmment is as a result of watching too many comics.
These makes no sense to me puny mortal...
Don't quote me again I repeat unless you have something reasonable.

its you that has nothing reasonable to say and when your illogicalities are pointed out started losing temper to save face

all I did was show how fallacious the statement "Even Devil know god exists" is by sighting other examples using your logic; if someone says something is fictional, you don't use another term the person regards as fictional to prove its not; that's how logic works

I'm in the business of schooling people in logic so here is your education

Mr A: Your god does not exist

MistadeRegal: My god exists, the devil knows that

Mr A: That makes no sense, Lex Luthor knows Superman exists, does that mean it exists? Lord Voldemort knows Harry Potter exist, that means Harry Potter is real?

MistadeRegal: Go spiritual

Mr A: The spiritual does not exist either or I could tell you to "Go Gotham"
or "Go Hogwarts"

the issue here is that you're using more things someone regards as fictional to buttress what the person regards as fictional; your god is fictional, the devil is fictional, the spiritual world they reside is fictional, no one has been able to demonstrate any of these things exist outside human imaginations, same way Batman is fictional, Lex Luthor is fictional and they reside in Gotham city which is also fictional; Harry Potter is fictional, Lord Voldemort is fictional and they reside in a place called Hogwarts

its no surprise you're a Christian though, you guys aren't known for thinking for yourselves

3 Likes

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nuhvey:

And u think what u just said was reasonable?

the way some people think is extremely appalling, imagine that kind of reply to my post

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

its you that has nothing reasonable to say and when your illogicalities are pointed out started losing temper to save face

all I did was show how fallacious the statement "Even Devil know god exists" is by sighting other examples using your logic; if someone says something is fictional, you don't use another term the person regards as fictional to prove its not; that's how logic works

I'm in the business of schooling people in logic so here is your education

Mr A: Your god does not exist

MistadeRegal: My god exists, the devil knows that

Mr A: That makes no sense, Lex Luthor knows Superman exists, does that mean it exists? Lord Voldemort knows Harry Potter exist, that means Harry Potter is real?

MistadeRegal: Go spiritual

Mr A: The spiritual does not exist either or I could tell you to "Go Gotham"
or "Go Hogwarts"

the issue here is that you're using more things someone regards as fictional to buttress what the person regards as fictional; your god is fictional, the devil is fictional, the spiritual world they reside is fictional, no one has been able to demonstrate any of these things exist outside human imaginations, same way Batman is fictional, Lex Luthor is fictional and they reside in Gotham city which is also fictional; Harry Potter is fictional, Lord Voldemort is fictional and they reside in a place called Hogwarts

its no surprise you're a Christian though, you guys aren't known for thinking for yourselves

And you think these makes any senses?
When I used that creature as a sample, did I say amiss? If yes, then what have you to say about;
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one GOD; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Tell me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
MistadeRegal:

I'm not the first to tell you this neither will I be the last. But you should know the truth you chose to ignore.
You use words like "truth" and "reality" just to make you feel better about our inevitable oblivion. Trust me, you have no truth.

You being the first or not, last or not doesn't make heaven or hell real/truth (in reality). What you've displayed is typical argumentum ad populum.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
You use words like "truth" and "reality" just to make you feel better about our inevitable oblivion. Trust me, you have no truth.

You being the first or not, last or not doesn't make heaven or hell real/truth (in reality). What you've displayed is typical argumentum ad populum.

I swear he spills so much fallacies that she's no longer aware of them
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
MistadeRegal:

When I used that creature as a sample, did I say amiss? If yes, then what have you to say about;
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one GOD; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Tell me...

hahahaha

okay smiley
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by Nuhvey(m): 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Tell me...
Ogbeni... Dont you get it? He does not believe in your God or devils. stop using them for your comparison... *sighs*

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

You haven't got all day to believe in lies or deception.
Heaven and Hell are real.
Do not put off the robe of flesh before you find out the Truth.
Nothing to argue about on it.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by chemystery: 10:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Ioseph

I Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God ( Please note that the use of God here specifically refers to the cosmic designer ) . To the pantheist , God refers to the totality of everything , this may or may not include the cosmic designer )

1. Whatever begins to Exist must have a cause

2. The universe begins to exist

3. Therefore , the universe has a cause

The cause of the universe is God

Now your task as an atheist (please note that atheism in its truth does not deny the existence of the cosmic designer but its deification ) , show the incoherence in this argument

II Here is argument for the existence of God just based on the applicability of mathematics in our physical world . Here is its syllogistic form :

1. If God did not exist, the applicability of mathematics would be a happy coincidence.

2. The applicability of mathematics is not a happy coincidence.

3. Therefore, God exists.

Mathematics is seen as the language of nature . Since mathematical objects are mind-dependent and nature is written in this language , then its corollary is to affirm the existence of a mind

Your task as an atheist is to show incoherence in this argument

III Here is the third argument for God's existence as the best explanation for intentional states of consciousness.

1. If God did not exist, intentional states of consciousness would not exist.

2. But intentional states of consciousness do exist.

3. Therefore, God exists.

Your task as an atheist is to the incoherence in this argument , I await your rebuttal .
Let me try to prove harrypotter using your method

1. If Harry Potter does not exist, there will be no Harry Potter movie/novels

2. There exists a Harry Potter movie & novels

3. Therefore, Harry Potter exists!

Wow! This makes perfect sense

Let me try another

1. If a substance called pknmht does not exists, you can't bring the word into existence with the letters of the alphabet.

2. You can actually form the word pknmht with the letters of the alphabet

3. Therefore a substance called pknmht exist.

Thanks for teaching me this method to prove anything exists. Thanks so much. You are a genius grin

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Nuhvey:

Ogbeni... Dont you get it? He does not believe in your God or devils. stop using them for your comparison... *sighs*

I know he doesn't believe in GOD but I want to see how far/long he can defend his reasons/belief for concluding GOD never is.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DeSepiero(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
"If God did not exist, intentional states of consciousness would not exist".

How.did you arrive at this one Kingebukasblog?
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
This is what Martin Rowson, an atheist, said:

“IF GOD PROVED HE EXISTED, I STILL WOULDN’T BELIEVE IN HIM… I DON’T BELIEVE IN GOD, NOT BECAUSE I CAN’T BUT BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO” (Source.)

Clearly, giving a proof of God to Martin Rowson is a waste of time.

OP then has to prove that he would not, like Martin Rowson, still refuse to believe in God, if a proof of God’s existence was given to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
DeSepiero:
"If God did not exist, intentional states of consciousness would not exist".

How.did you arrive at this one Kingebukasblog?

It is one of the cases against materialism coupled with idealism . Intentional states of consciousness have to do with the object directedness of our thoughts . Example I can think about Napoleon Bonaparte leading the French Army against Karl Mack's army in the war that revolutionized modern warfare . Physical objects like your house , gate etc , just anything physical dont have such intentionality only mental states do . God as a mind is the explanation for this experience which our finite minds have .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I swear he spills so much fallacies that she's no longer aware of them
It comes with the close-mindedness of indoctrinated folks.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:28am On Oct 15, 2017
MistadeRegal:

You haven't got all day to believe in lies or deception.
Heaven and Hell are real.
Do not put off the robe of flesh before you find out the Truth.
Nothing to argue about on it.
All you have to do here is prove it... Instead of spewing jargons.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
All you have to do here is prove it... Instead of spewing jargons.

To you it is jargons but to those who are alive in the spirit it is not.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
MistadeRegal:

To you it is jargons but to those who are alive in the spirit it is not.
More jargons.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
More jargons.
To you. Not to everyone out there who know the ONLY ONE TRUE GOD.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
MistadeRegal:

To you. Not to everyone out there who knowbelieve there is ONLY ONE TRUE GOD.
fixed
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by themonk(m): 12:47am On Oct 16, 2017
DoctorAlien:

“IF GOD PROVED HE EXISTED, I STILL WOULDN’T BELIEVE IN HIM… I DON’T BELIEVE IN GOD, NOT BECAUSE I CAN’T BUT BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO” (Source.)

OP then has to prove that he would not, like Martin Rowson, still refuse to believe in God, if a proof of God’s existence was given to him.
I wouldn't want to believe in a God that puts cancer in small children.

I wouldn't want to believe in a God that created mosquitoes to kill millions of people he created.

I wouldn't want to believe in a God that watches people suffer from natural disasters.

That's what that atheist you quoted above means.
If there is a God and he allowed all these things to happen, it is better that there is no God than that God exists.

Please if you want to quote me back, use sound and logical reasoning. As you would notice I am not a frequent commenter in the religious section because the irrationality in most arguments here piss me off.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by Jesuschrist419: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2017
themonk:

I wouldn't want to believe in a God that created mosquitoes to kill millions of people he created.

I wouldn't want to believe in a God that watches people suffer from natural disasters.

If there is a God and he allowed all these things to happen, it is better that there is no God than that God exists.

Please if you want to quote me back, use sound and logical reasoning. As you would notice I am not a frequent commenter in the religious section because the irrationality in most arguments here piss me off.
God don't exist cheesy
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 6:09am On Oct 16, 2017
DoctorAlien:

This quote was definitely taken out of context and here you are swallowing it whole

He's not saying he won't believe in the god's existence if god proves to him, he's saying he won't believe in any religion even if that were the case

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2008/03/if-god-proved-he-existed-i-still-wouldnt-believe-in-him/

its also inconsequential even if the quote were just like you said it cuz the likes of Martin are rare; hell WLC that said he believes Christianity to be true because he believes Jesus rose from the dead was once asked

Dr. Craig, for the sake of argument let’s pretend that a
time machine gets built. You and I hop in it, and travel back to the day before Easter We park it outside the tomb of Jesus. We wait. Easter morning rolls around, and nothing happens. We continue to wait. After several weeks of waiting, still nothing happens. There is no resurrection- Jesus is quietly rotting away in the tomb. would you still believe Jesus rose?

Craig told him he would still believe in the resurrection of Jesus and Christianity to be true
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DoctorAlien(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This quote was definitely taken out of context and here you are swallowing it whole

He's not saying he won't believe in the god's existence if god proves to him, he's saying he won't believe in any religion even if that were the case

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2008/03/if-god-proved-he-existed-i-still-wouldnt-believe-in-him/

[s]its also inconsequential even if the quote were just like you said it cuz the likes of Martin are rare; hell WLC that said he believes Christianity to be true because he believes Jesus rose from the dead was once asked

Dr. Craig, for the sake of argument let’s pretend that a
time machine gets built. You and I hop in it, and travel back to the day before Easter We park it outside the tomb of Jesus. We wait. Easter morning rolls around, and nothing happens. We continue to wait. After several weeks of waiting, still nothing happens. There is no resurrection- Jesus is quietly rotting away in the tomb. would you still believe Jesus rose?

Craig told him he would still believe in the resurrection of Jesus and Christianity to be true[/s]

I wonder how the quotes below were taken out of context. Did you see the part where he said even an appearance by God would not make him believe? Yeah, I know the quote embarrasses you. Some atheists are like that. As a matter of fact, I see every atheist that way.

You want a proof of God? Prove that you are not like Martin Rowson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DoctorAlien(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2017
[s]
themonk:

[/s]

God exists. Deal with it.

Why evil is in the world is altogether a different question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Oct 16, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I wonder how the quotes below were taken out of context. Did you see the part where he said even an appearance by God would not make him believe? Yeah, I know the quote embarrasses you. Some atheists are like that. As a matter of fact, I see every atheist that way.

You want a proof of God? Prove that you are not like Martin Rowson.

lol, you are one dishonest fellow, even reading all the words in the screenshot you posted proves the context I'm talking about, he said he won't buy the ideology aka Christianity that comes with god lol, way to impale oneself
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
fixed

Edited.
Not fixed.

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DoctorAlien(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you are one dishonest fellow, even reading all the words in the screenshot you posted proves the context I'm talking about, he said he won't buy the ideology aka Christianity that comes with god lol, way to impale oneself

You can’t wriggle free of this one. Face it. Martin Rowson said that even if God appeared to him, he would still not believe in Him.

Who cares whether he doesn't like Christianity? The fact is, he would still refuse to believe in the face of proof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You can’t wriggle free of this one. Face it. Martin Rowson said that even if God appeared to him, he would still not believe in Him.

Who cares whether he doesn't like Christianity? The fact is, he would still refuse to believe in the face of proof.

HE DIDN'T SAY HE WON'T BELIEVE IN GOD'S EXISTENCE

who's wriggling here? me that's giving facts that can be checked or you that keep parroting a juxtaposed quote and cancelled WLC's version in order to pretend it never happened?

you're not known for honesty anyways so it would be a waste of time
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by Jesuschrist419: 8:56am On Oct 16, 2017
DoctorAlien:
[s][/s]

God exists. Deal with it.

Why evil is in the world is altogether a different question.
I should Deal with the fact that Christians believe in a imaginary mad man living in sky and watching me fu*k my gf? So pathetic angry
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by DoctorAlien(m): 9:41am On Oct 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

HE DIDN'T SAY HE WON'T BELIEVE IN GOD'S EXISTENCE

who's wriggling here? me that's giving facts that can be checked or you that keep parroting a juxtaposed quote and cancelled WLC's version in order to pretend it never happened?

Martin Rowson contrasts his "atheism" with that of the scientific secularists. He points out that the secularists base their atheism on the weight of verifiable empirical evidence. What does that mean? Simple: Martin Rowson's "atheism" does not rely/rest on the weight of evidence. Again, attached below is a screenshot of a post from the Guardian, where the author stated that Martin Rowson told him that he would still be an atheist even if God appeared to him.

And if we define atheism as disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods, then Martin Rowson would continue in his disbelief in the existence of God even in the face of proof.

Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:53am On Oct 16, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Edited.
Not fixed.

John 17:3
3 And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Your case is serious...

You think the world revolves around one ancient manuscript.
Re: Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. by MistadeRegal(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Your case is serious...

You think the world revolves around one ancient manuscript.

The world, rejecting the ancient manuscript is what makes them no longer have the knowledge of GOD and neither fear GOD anymore.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Reflections On COVID-19 And The Coming Of Jesus. Spring-Summer 2020. 12 Weeks / Nigerian Richest Pastors In 2015 / Please Where's Living Faith In Lekki?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.