Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System (26102 Views)

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State / FG Tasks NAIRAXI, Others On Interventions In Transport System / Businesses, Arts Inspired By The Lagos Transport System - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by dhestiney(m): 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Reminds me of that scene from 'the gods must be crazy'
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by Hmajeed(m): 11:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ndlistic:
Funny country. Under the leadership of Buhari and APC. Buhari and APC need total cleansing.

how was it like under PDP, there was a bridge Abii. it was buhari that ordered that it be removed ode !
receive sense

1 Like

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by kamalese: 1:31am On Oct 13, 2017
sad
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by vioment: 3:52am On Oct 13, 2017
This country and disgrace be like 5&6.
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by vertueptime: 6:16am On Oct 13, 2017
MhizzAJ:
The roads aren't just bad in Taraba

We've got bad roads every where in this country

My brother taraba road i the worst, ther are federa high ways /interstate roads that u can travel for 2 hrs at speeds bot more than 30km/m,
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by hoyze24: 7:49am On Oct 13, 2017
Darius should do something about this. There was something similqr where I stayed while I was in the state. The government probably doesn't want to spend money on this due to seasonality of rivers in the north. This same river will get almost totally dried up by February.
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2017
Seriously.. That is the road to my village.that place is in Gembu(Sardauna lga). That place had no bridge since time immemorial. The former administration wanted to build one but it did not come to pass due to the plane crash the former governor had...when you cross that river you go straight in Cameroon..
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by gadpeter(m): 8:29am On Oct 13, 2017
This is just sad!
this is a country blessed with more than enough to bring underdevelopment to it kneels! am tired of this blaming game, today we blame GEJ tomorrow we blame PMB
am more concern wit what the local govt chairman and the community has done or what move they had made before it got to this deplorable state
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by buddy221(m): 9:17am On Oct 13, 2017
My nephew base in Holland recently asked me..."IS NIGERIA A NAME OF A TREE...."
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by buddy221(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2017
My nephew base in Holland recently asked me..."IS NIGERIA A NAME OF A TREE...." I replied... !NO, ITS A REGION FOUND IN AMAZON FOREST!
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by Marsnizz: 10:15am On Oct 13, 2017
No matter how hard government and private investors try to develop this place,the core native of this area doesn't like development. Imagine the mambila hydroelectric power project signed by the FG is not supported by majority ethnic group popularly known as mambila because according to them, mostly the illiterate and halve educated sees it as setback. where on earth as a chairman of LGA or councillor of a particular ward finishes his/her tenure without repairing even a sign post?.this act happen in this particular part of Taraba called mambila.In short,they can't repair sign post not to talk of initiating the project.From the inception of Taraba state we the masses never had a good leader apart from Dan Baba suntai but he has only one problem that spoiled his leadership and that was religion sentiment but with all,he was the one who change almost everything in Taraba state.The present governor cannot even pay workers despite the FG.allocation.
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by senboy204(m): 11:31am On Oct 13, 2017
Most times when I read information online I try not to pass judgement but rather to learn what's new and what's old, what's true and what's false.
Firstly, taraba state was and is still governed by PDP so you all shouting APC think twice before you pass judgement pls
Secondly, apart from this present governor , all other governors who ruled the state legally actually performed to the best of their knowledge, the likes of Jolly Nyami, Dambaba suntia are still seen today as heroes in the state.
Thirdly, about the road, if you don't understand the terrain in Taraba state you will be fooled to believe their is no single good road in the state, taraba is surrounded by hills and high mountains which makes it difficult to have a good road channel around here, for instance from jalingo to Karim lamido on a good day is 2hrs journey but during raining season its an 8hrs journey because the road will be flooded with water for river niger.
Take a look at the pics attached, this is a road in Taraba State leading to gembu, to drive this road alone takes 3hrs of constant driving pls the weather conditions of sometimes 5 degree Celsius.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by mamato(f): 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
I remember the day our boat nearly capsized on this river during the 2011 election. There is nothing government can do to alleviate their sufferings because this particular area seem uninhabitable but is unfortunate that people still live here

1 Like

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by MrReloaded(m): 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Shelloween:
first of all, blame the councillor representing the local govt, then the traditional ruler, then the chairman, then the senators representing the senatorial zone, then then state government, then the past governments before you blame Buhari and APC. This mess didn't just appear immediately they made Buhari president, it has been there.

This is one of the most sensible comment i read on NAIRALAND this month. May Almighty God increase you in knowledge

1 Like

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by thugthang(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ezeoyi1:
Yet they love killing each other.
Was it not this same Mambilla that killed thousands of Fulanis few months ago?
I have not yet recovered from that tragic incidents.My Uncle was slaughtered like chicken
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by thugthang(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
kamalese:
How is mambilla plateau in taraba state, op is everything OK that suppose to be in plateau state(jos)
So you don't know that mambilla plateau exist? That's my hometown mehn.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by Opharhe: 1:40am On Oct 14, 2017
thugthang:
I have not yet recovered from that tragic incidents.My Uncle was slaughtered like chicken
Oh oh, is that so? I'm very sorry about that bro.
Long time by the way.
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2017
Yes it was tragic I saw the pictures and the Video of Oga Ihanatu.
I also learn the Mambilla are cannibals until around 1960s and during the recent attacks the cannibalize their victims.
Sad

thugthang:
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:17am On Jul 23, 2018
kamalese:
How is mambilla plateau in taraba state, op is everything OK that suppose to be in plateau state(jos)

We just got to see your pm.
Kindly send your message here .
We will respond ASAP.
Stay blessed.
Re: Villagers Push Vehicles Across A River In Taraba Due To Bad Transport System by lonlytroy(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2018
Rastamann:

Why not a country?

Things will change any day sense fall on the masses!

Keep dreaming, am sure u are not even in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Shuns Nigeria, Okays Tourist Visas For 49 Countries / Man Saves A Family From Falling Inside A Ditch With Their Car (Photos) / Images From My Brief Visit To The LA Zoo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.