Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State (46257 Views)

Container Falls On A Fully Loaded Bus At Ojuelegba Bridge, Lagos / Rider And Passengers Injured As Over Speeding Boy Rams Lexus Into Keke In Delta / Fully Loaded Bus Plunged Into Ebonyi River (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by GistMedia0: 11:59am On Apr 19
Canoe Carries Loaded Bus Across River in Taraba State, Nigeria, Without Life Jackets: shocked

A small canoe in Taraba State, Nigeria, defied expectations by ferrying a fully loaded bus and its passengers across a river.

Eyewitnesses report that the bus, packed with passengers and goods, was attempting to cross the river when it encountered difficulties. With no bridge in sight and no other means of transportation available, the passengers and driver made the daring decision to load the bus onto a small canoe.

What ensued was a nerve-wracking journey as the overloaded canoe struggled against the currents, carrying both the weight of the bus and the apprehensions of its occupants. Passengers were forced to cling to the back of the vehicle inside the precarious boat, with no life jackets in sight to ensure their safety.

Videos of the extraordinary scene quickly circulated on social media, drawing both shock and concern from viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga6b884928

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Idebaj: 12:07pm On Apr 19
This is an expensive joke

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Zonefree(m): 12:21pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:
Market boats carry heavier loads than that vehicle.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by GanagiBitrus: 12:46pm On Apr 19
Accidents of boat mishaps occur One in a Million.
You are only unfortunate if you are involved in that One in a Million accident.

But Is it worth risking your life? Better to get a life jacket.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:51pm On Apr 19
If anything negative should happen now to rescue them will be very difficult because they are already inside bus which is locked

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Rexymania(m): 1:15pm On Apr 19
They never learn. Where's their life jacket? 🧥

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by slaawomirr: 1:54pm On Apr 19
Damnnn niggarrrr

Shebi them wear life jacket...Anyway as far as the uptrust is equal or proportional to the weight of the bus no wahalar...the canoe will float and it won't Submerged

The only water I love is bathroom water

Any other water na no go area for me...a female friend of mine invited me to her marriage that year in on ijaw village in Edo state....o boy when I realize say na River we need to cross. I nor go the marriage..I just ask for her account number wire her small thing
Me will never go close to any water body be it erosion, swimming pool or river

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by BluntCrazeMan: 1:54pm On Apr 19
NO LIFE JACKETS.??

THEY ARE NOT WEARING LIFE-JACKETS.??

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Urheadmaster(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19
sad

Jr pop wannabe geng

3 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Randal: 1:55pm On Apr 19
Too risky

4 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Niok: 1:55pm On Apr 19
Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by tefishy(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19

Nigerians don't learn. We are a stubborn breed. Despite happenings in weeks back, these ones still dey pose on boat without life jacket

Reason why I don't take some deaths serious

15 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by nairalanda1(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19
State government, over to you.

Budget money for bridge abeg.

86 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by jendhorlee(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19
Na so dem dey do o
I did my NYSC there, when we got to the river, the boat even carried two vehicles, a big 18 passenger bus and a sienna bus
Na now i just dey thank God for the safe trip, i really took it for granted then and saw it as a mere adventure

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Pitssbull: 1:56pm On Apr 19
Take heed people

Is he is up 5.5

.Is your Vocabulary good?
Do you enjoying Chatting into the far night.
Do you like helping people with enquiries.
If yes their's a business you can venture into that will pay you well for these qualities.
Send a message to
moneyvirtual74@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by haybhi1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19
Physics:
1. Archimedes principle
2. Law of floatation; upthrust, buoyancy, and density.

alpharoyalty:
A responsible government will build a bridge for that community.... but no, corruption will not allow it.
It's the duty of the state govt

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by alpharoyalty: 1:56pm On Apr 19
A responsible government will build a bridge for that community.... but no, corruption will not allow it.

5 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19
They are taunting the river godesseses and mammy water.

5 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by pretydiva(f): 1:56pm On Apr 19
Shebi when the boat capsize now, they start blaming the river goddess.

We never learn in this part of the world

8 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Chikel20000(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19
Nigerians eh....

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by maestro299: 1:56pm On Apr 19
1000 Ways to Die!

This risk is even more dangerous than selling your house and staking all the money on Arsenal to win this season's EPL.

grin

7 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Officialenny1: 1:56pm On Apr 19
Its funny to see one of my course mate in this video
Uniben student Isd dept

4 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by NairaMaster1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 19
GistMedia0:
Canoe Carries Loaded Bus Across River in Taraba State, Nigeria, Without Life Jackets: shocked

A small canoe in Taraba State, Nigeria, defied expectations by ferrying a fully loaded bus and its passengers across a river.

Eyewitnesses report that the bus, packed with passengers and goods, was attempting to cross the river when it encountered difficulties. With no bridge in sight and no other means of transportation available, the passengers and driver made the daring decision to load the bus onto a small canoe.

What ensued was a nerve-wracking journey as the overloaded canoe struggled against the currents, carrying both the weight of the bus and the apprehensions of its occupants. Passengers were forced to cling to the back of the vehicle inside the precarious boat, with no life jackets in sight to ensure their safety.

Videos of the extraordinary scene quickly circulated on social media, drawing both shock and concern from viewers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rga6b884928

This is not Taraba but Buruku in Benue state. Kindly correct it

5 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Naijaguy123: 1:57pm On Apr 19
Stupid !

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by ItisWell22(f): 1:58pm On Apr 19
Business people going about their hustle, putting their lives on the line. 😢😟

No life jackets, as almost always.

While waiting for the government to do the needful,
God bless their hustle so they can get their personal safety needs, if they must go through this more often.

Because, for how long dem wan dey wait for government, when they have to go through this route over and over?
It’s well…

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Greattha: 1:58pm On Apr 19
That's not a small canoe now.

This further confirms theories that JP wasn't killed by the capsized boat.

Well, the truth will definitely come out one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by mytime24(f): 1:58pm On Apr 19
No Life jacket

2 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by DonroxyII: 1:58pm On Apr 19
Idebaj:
This is normal Phenomenon crossing from Benue into Taraba via River Benue ...

It's a Shortcut instead of passing through the express .... This shall reduce the journey by nothing less than 2hours

I have climbed am before cheesy .. Scary Fast but very dangelous !

3 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Josbreed: 1:59pm On Apr 19
I experienced this first hand. We eere ferried across with our corrola in 2019. This is at Ibi in Taraba state. Aboundary beyween Taraba and Plateau states.

3 Likes

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by Maxcollins042(m): 1:59pm On Apr 19
Are you looking for a professional academic paper writer? Check the flyer below 👇

Re: Small Canoe Carries Loaded Bus And Passengers Across River In Taraba State by abc115: 1:59pm On Apr 19
They are more interested in making videos than their safety

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Old Ojo Road, Lagos New Sin City: Residents Lament As Brothels Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.