Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Zenith Bank's Employment - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Zenith Bank's Employment (15711 Views)

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Please Help Me Choose Between Zenith And UBA / Zenith Bank Sacks Marketers & Managers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
i'd find out who you are and then make sure u get sacked!
u r just an ingrate,
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by rman: 9:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
The post contains good info nomatter how each individual choose to respond to it.
Jobless people will probably call him names and think he is ungratefull.
Those with jobs or related issues may understand, while majority will respond based on what is happening around them.

@ post.
Your career plan for the future is what is most important and not what is happening to you now.
If your current position will play a prominent role in letting you actuallise this plan, forget about the pay and try developing yourself.
If not maybe you should move on.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by JUO(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
Yes, it's the worst bank (welfare wise) in nigeria. Just how will a graduate be engaged by zenith only to spend 2 full years as a trainee(cost cutting tag),collecting a paltry N85,000 with no other allowances like xmas, p.s,medicals. strictly 85000 but meanwhile he/she does the same work load as others, closing atimes by 8-9 pm,exposed to the same risk level-count it,having to wear suits and all. I mean its just fraudulent.

my employment letter said for me to be trainee for 1yr but its my 25th month. In fact, my trainee allowance was recently salarized by deducting tax,so now its n83000. 85k only for 2 yrs is like doing youth service for them that long.

Sincerely, their salary ain't bad as their 'immediate executive assistant earn 145k plus leave allowance, Xmas, p.s amounting to over 2.6 m per annum, 550k upfront which makes the salary drop to 99k. My grouse is why in the name of cutting cost will you employ full graduate only to pay them OND salaries but use their graduate brains. This is pure exploitation.

Last month they managed to pay upfront i.e. prepaid housing allowance for trainees got 75k. Laughable ba? Where do you rent a decent self contained house for 75k in Lagos not to talk about remote Abuja. Maybe for a start though but not after 2 years of service as a professional staff, just how can your prepaid housing allowance be less than your monthly pay?

Some of us are first class graduates, 2.1 etc, just wasting away nothing meanwhile another with same degree, same experience, same target, same work does not just earn double what you earn but about 7-8 times. This is victimisation.

What are our labour unions doing? The regulator? CBN? Ministry of labour? Just what are they doing. The funny thing is that it's difficult to leave as there is no financial security. Someone should calculate for me. We young vulnerable graduates are taken advantage of. Why the illogical discrimination? If for recession, why not slash salaries/allowances across boards instead of taking it out on this full time working 'trainees'.

Two years working around money but you find it difficult to pay ordinary rent. Jim Ovia should be prosecuted.

see your wide mouth u are paid 83k u still have mouth to talk, no bi ur mate dey ride okada ( i mean people that graduated before u). if u don't know people are ready to do that job for 50k. men u are lucky. thank God first
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Boboribo: 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2010
@poster

Let's swap - your 85k for my unemployment - for just 3 months, while I'd be singing Halleluyah, you'd be singing forgive me O Lord
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by JUO(m): 10:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
tell him, wide mouth u think u are in us. this is Nigeria evil is only accepted here in case u a Ghanaian
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by kanayo74(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ poster   that   should   be   a   steping   stone   for   you.   the   most   iporrant   thing   is   to   check   where   you   are   and   where   you   want   to   be   in   the   nearest   future,   I  know   it   might   be   difficult   but   try   and  devlop   yourself.   U  can   make   it.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by ademolathe(m): 10:13pm On Mar 12, 2010
wande coal said "so pe tie"
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Ndipe(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
Be grateful for what you have. Quit complaining, there are thousands who would rather trade places with you.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by rickie4us(m): 10:33pm On Mar 12, 2010
rman:

The post contains good info nomatter how each individual choose to respond to it.
Those with jobs or related issues may understand, while majority will respond based on what is happening around them.

@ post.
Your career plan for the future is what is most important and not what is happening to you now.
If your current position will play a prominent role in letting you actuallise this plan, forget about the pay and try developing yourself.
If not maybe you should move on.

one of the best responses so far ,
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by anonyno: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2010
Be grateful for what you have. Quit complaining, there are thousands who would rather trade places with you.

remix-be ungrateful.stop complaining.aim to trade places with peeps that earn 6-digits.gbam
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by spoilt(f): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2010
Isnt a contract staff position for OND's. If you decide to accept it as a HND or degree holder then dont complain. Learn what you can on the job and get a better job else where. I know several people that went from contract staff in one bank to ABOs in other banks. So stop lamenting your situation.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by naturaltee(f): 7:03am On Mar 13, 2010
if u think 85k a month is a bad idea, den try unemployment for just a month! u go know wats up
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by gozzilla(m): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2010
Are we really born average? Have we become a society of mediocre? is this something our society has done to the youth?

Where are all your dreams house. Why advice a guy to settle for less when he believes he can be more. Is this the kind of ATTITUDE we will raise our kids on. I have read through this post and i tell you there are few world-beaters here. Folks sound as if the world has floored them down. If i cann't reach my dream then i settle for less. I must love 50 cent. if all our youths talk like this. Die rich or at least die trying (that might sound more like a gangsta., but it is the truth all time)

Why drown and want to drown others. If you feel life is best settling for less, man i wish God gave you no talent at all. For all your worth you think you cann`t ask for more.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by switch360(f): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
@ferari90
Thanks man, do you work with diamond bank? am in abuja too

@ post
The Poster has a right NOT TO SETTLE for less, its a question of perspective. The poor job seekers here, underemployed and poor salary earners will certainly think otherwise for obvious reasons. but those who knows that thse banks ought to fashion out better ways to manage their finances and arrange a better package for workers will agree with the poster. its a question of perspective and the poster is very well entitled to his opinion.!!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by TOREG: 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2010
@Tudór, @ziddy, @proudly9ja, @d.diamond, @omo~fat, @Gozzilla
I totally agree with u guys, Poster is not an ingrate like many people call him. This was not the agreement he entered with his employers (for him not to get promoted and work his life out for them and not get his due). What is his business with the 1st class out there still unemployed. Some guys are indirectly suggesting we endure, keep quiet, and suffer in silence because of those not having any. Have u ever thought of  many fresh graduates irrespective of their class of degree earning over half a million per month in corporate organizations that are fulfilling their responsibilities to their staff. We only see the dark side of things in Nigeria. Many Employers use this saying "there are many better qualified graduates out there" to exploit Nigerian graduates.
I will finally quote [b]Rman[/b]

Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by CITIZENX: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2010
@ Poster

Trainees in banks are more or less in a glorified labour camp.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by CITIZENX: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2010
@ Tudor

I thank you sincerely for understanding. We have come to a point where we dont reason properly. No wonder, our leaders are taking us for a ride. Majority of Nigerians are timid, docile and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh STPD
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by dada22(m): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2010
*rman* says it best. bros its d economic reality now. jst cut ur own costs & adopt a wise career plan too. God bless.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by MsTom(f): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2010
@poster,
Ponder on the these words of this song. Some have food but can not eat, some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat,
Thank God that you have a job and you can spend the money it provides. It is for a short while. There is hope for a better one.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
If some of you have sold yourselves so cheap to nature it deffinately doesnt mean everyone else should. What do some of you mean by he should not complain even when he is openly being cheated and descriminated. For heaven's this guy spent only God knows the amount of years going to school in order to have a good life. Trust me if this fellow wasnt contributing any positive impact at his job they would have booted him out long before now.
This is the reason why nigeria is the way it is today. Everyone is scared to voice out for the fear of being castigated and prefers to keep suffering in silence. A man will only end up being what he thinks of himself,so for those of you who have be refering this guy to jobless peeps and those that earn paltry sum i pity una. Now i can see why even after over 10years of a job some people will still never get even, Naija mentality!!!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by likeithot(f): 8:14pm On Mar 14, 2010
Its really sad that in Nigeria,we accept everythin dished out to us.
As graduates,we knw ow much it cost our parents to give us quality education frm d cradle to uni level nd if all u get afta 4+x yrs of labourin in skool wit little or no resources in a non conducive learnin environment. Its really terrible that these organisations offer peanuts to graduates under miserable workin conditions.

I was talkin to my British born nd bred citizen that I gt an offer of 120k nd she was like What! That's peanut. How much can u save at d end of d month,
I just laffed. Our govt nid to do somethin bout this. Its really sad nd that's y there is high level of corruption. Imagine if d poster suddenly became an ordinary chairman of a local govt, he will embezzle money wiv both eyes closed.

Nigerian graduates must stand up for their rights, the earlier,d better. Else, our generations unborn will meet this crap.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by jaydude(f): 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
c dis poster u have a job givin u 85k every month,wit a good job experience n uv nt been sacked in dis perilous era n instead of u to thank God ure complainin, pls people like u shuld leave der n allow some unemployed graduates enjoy ur seats,
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by sayso: 8:06am On Mar 15, 2010
I can only thank Proudly9ja for the reply,the only sensible post here.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by puffpuff: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2010
Please quit the job if you are not satisfy.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by tizzyeye: 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
i know it is not easy but you really have to be strong,imagine that i was asked to come back to the bank where i served and earn the same pay i earned as a corper.what would u say about that?
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by nairaAdmin(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2010
@the poster, this is no problem! just keep on enduring it or better put get other source of income that would not directly need your immediate attension always. you get someone to manage it for you. having this may add to your 83k uhn grin grin
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by sharpman1(m): 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
likeithot:

Its really sad that in Nigeria,we accept everythin dished out to us.
As graduates,we knw ow much it cost our parents to give us quality education frm d cradle to uni level nd if all u get afta 4+x yrs of labourin in skool wit little or no resources in a non conducive learnin environment. Its really terrible that these organisations offer peanuts to graduates under miserable workin conditions.

I was talkin to my British born nd bred citizen that I gt an offer of 120k nd she was like What! That's peanut. How much can u save at d end of d month,
I just laffed. Our govt nid to do somethin bout this. Its really sad nd that's y there is high level of corruption. Imagine if d poster suddenly became an ordinary chairman of a local govt, he will embezzle money wiv both eyes closed.

Nigerian graduates must stand up for their rights, the earlier,d better. Else, our generations unborn will meet this crap.

fizofly:

If some of you have sold yourselves so cheap to nature it deffinately doesnt mean everyone else should. What do some of you mean by he should not complain even when he is openly being cheated and descriminated. For heaven's this guy spent only God knows the amount of years going to school in order to have a good life. Trust me if this fellow wasnt contributing any positive impact at his job they would have booted him out long before now.
This is the reason why nigeria is the way it is today. Everyone is scared to voice out for the fear of being castigated and prefers to keep suffering in silence. A man will only end up being what he thinks of himself,so for those of you who have be refering this guy to jobless peeps and those that earn paltry sum i pity una. Now i can see why even after over 10years of a job some people will still never get even, Naija mentality!!!

gozzilla:

Are we really born average? Have we become a society of mediocre? is this something our society has done to the youth?

Where are all your dreams house. Why advice a guy to settle for less when he believes he can be more. Is this the kind of ATTITUDE we will raise our kids on. I have read through this post and i tell you there are few world-beaters here. Folks sound as if the world has floored them down. If i cann't reach my dream then i settle for less. I must love 50 cent. if all our youths talk like this. Die rich or at least die trying (that might sound more like a gangsta., but it is the truth all time)

Why drown and want to drown others. If you feel life is best settling for less, man i wish God gave you no talent at all. For all your worth you think you cann`t ask for more.

I don't know about others but i am certainly not saying the OP should settle for less.

I am saying that if he feels that he is not being paid what he assumes he is worth then he should leave and look for a place that he will be paid what he thinks he is worth. . . . . . or better still, start his own bank or organization and pay himself.

If he does not want to settle for less he should leave and stop whining. By staying, he has actually settled for less.

Na Zenith Bank bring am come Lagos?
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by bike1: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2010
I think you should thank God for your Job. I am not a JIM fan oooo, u will grow wiv time and reap the benefits. Just be patient or resign. JIM is a business man and needs to maximize profit. Let me tell u, some one else will do that job with half your salary and may b even better if u chose to resign today. So kindly stick to it while u look out for some other stuff. After all u accepted the offer letter from day 1.
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by please: 8:52am On Mar 16, 2010
you guys are better off. i was sent out of oceanic bank in the same name of cutting cost and wat did i get #68,000 as incentives for being laid off. even with the so called labour union and so on. maybe, just maybe something will be credited to my account later. but for now i don't see that happening. embarassed embarassed
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by aieromon(m): 9:34am On Mar 16, 2010
I still maintain my stand in the first page of this thread.
For all of you takin' sides with the poster,please realise that the poster loves his job.if he doesn't, let him post his name and employee id no.
I watched the story of a single mom who was sacked from Protea hotels because she refused the advances of her SA Manager.she pursued the case internally until the hotel management sacked her.She knows she's bigger than her job and declined to back down even after the Manager left Nigeria.She knew her job was on the line.
Let the poster fight it and not come to NL to grumble.
Post your information,i dare you.
Quit complaining,dammit!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by scoro99(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2010
Theres so much anger in your write-up.

Sometime in late 2008, i also did a  mail like ds when i spent 13 months as a trainee instead of 6 months! as a result, i feel your pains,   sad

However, I doubt if u have friends that were affected in d December tsunami cos if u do, ' u for see say life no easy'

Hold on to ur 85k very strong!

I was with the 'water Bank' until December last year but got another job with an oil service firm last month cos i am a chatered Accountant.

My advice, find time to upgrade your cv; mba, professional certifications etc, cos ur experience as a paying teller, cust serv officer bla bla bla is no effin experience!

I got my ICAN certification and MBA within the two years i was with the bank( worked on most saturdays ooo), so i believe you can also do it.

NO DEY TOO VEX, USE THAT CASH TO UPGRADE YOUR SEF.

all d best!
Re: Zenith Bank's Employment by firer: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2010
@ poster
Shut up.
You cannot whine and win.
Whilst Zenith may be sucking your blood dry, They definitely are still putting food on your table. There is no organisation anywhere in this world that woud be promoting while they are having issues. You have to understand the place of balancing things.
I also work in Zenith and I have been overdue for a promotion but I thank my God I still have a job.
Unlike you I am here for a defined time and I will get all that is due to me and then leave the system but while I am there I will better myself and the organistation, because only in that way will I develop the skills that I will need to survive on my own out there.

How To Write Good CV With No Work Experience / Pay Our Salary Arrears, Teachers Beg Rivers Govt / My Plight With A Recruiting Firm

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62