Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan (3157 Views)

Hezbollah Terror Cell Uncovered In Kano / Armoury Uncovered In Kano & Lebanese Arrested / Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by newmaster(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2010
Islamic Republic uncovered in Ibadan
From YINKA FABOWALE, Ibadan
Thursday, March 11, 2010

Akala
Photo: Sun Publishing

More Stories on This Section
Barely a week after the gory massacre of 500 souls in Jos, Plateau State, some Islamic fundamentalists are again at work to stage a similar pogrom on Christians in Ibadan, Oyo State capital.
Daily Sun investigation shows that some people have been distributing and dropping anonymous and inciting leaflets, calling for Jihad and attacks on Christians, in mosques within the volatile capital city and its environs.

Aside of this is emergence of a fanatical Islamic sect in Beree, a suburb of Ibadan in Oluyole Local Government Area, which is now under close watch of security agencies in the state due to its intolerance of other religious groups in the area.

The group was said to have established a village called ‘Madina’ about six years ago, where its followers camped.
It was learnt that the group was fond of destroying and defacing Christian crusade/revival posters in public.
Last Thursday, the extremists were also said to have threatened to attack Ogun (god of iron) worshipers in the community while the latter were celebrating their festival.
It took the intervention of elders of the community to pacify them and put the situation under control.
A police source told Daily Sun that the command has set up a dragnet for the group’s leader.
One of the inciting leaflets circulating in mosques urged Muslims to rise up against Christians in a holy war on the ground that they were losing their brethren to Christianity.
It said the attack must be carried out on a Sunday when their targets would be in church to worship.
One of the grouses of the author of the leaflet is that the ‘most educated’ Nigerians and ‘hypocrites’ in the country are Christians.
The leaflet writer regretted that Muslims in the southern part of the country had not been as militant as their counterparts in the North, stressing that they must now take a cue from past Jihadists in Kano and other northern states.
Intelligence reports on the development, Daily Sun learnt, was responsible for an emergency meeting the state Commissioner of Police, Adisa Bolanta, had with leaders of religious groups in the state last week.
At the meeting were: Rev. Bola Ajibike, who represented the Chairman of the State Chapter of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN); Archbishop Akinfenwa; leader, National Council of Muslim Youth Organizations (NACOMYO) Alhaji Kunle Sanni; Dr. Dawood Alaga; Serikin Hausawa and representative of the Chief Imam of Ibadan, Alhaji Busari Suara.
The police boss was said to have intimated them on the existence of the hate letters and warned them against acts that could cause disharmony and crisis within the state.
Daily Sun learnt that the Muslim delegation complained about a certain Christian home video, featuring a Muslim called ‘Alfa Sule,’ it claimed, was provocative.
To this, the CAN leaders were said to have declared the body’s efforts at disciplining its erring members but called for maturity on the part of viewers of such productions.
The police commissioner calmed frayed nerves but reminded the meeting of constitutional freedom of expression and worship.
He, however, promised to request the film censor board to look into the complaint, adding that the video producer would be invited and cautioned.
The meeting ended with a resolution for the setting up of an inter-faith committee to meet quarterly to resolve issues of conflicts that could breach public peace

http://www.nigeriannews.com/

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by edoyad(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2010
Please what is the name of the movie and where can i find it ?
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Bishopking: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2010
we sure need to watch this alfa sule film. Must be very informative.
Beere is known for backwardness! It is therefore not a surprise that the 'would-be' jihadist are busy scheming against more advanced citizens. This obviously is a war of envy.

1 Like

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by jimmysho(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2010
let them them Muslim to act a movie title JESUS THE FORNICATOR OR PASTOR JOHN if they are creative enough. some of these cleric in the Muslim fold are dodos
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2010
NO. NO. NO. NO, IT SHOULD BE CLEARLY STATED THAT JESUS CHRIST (ASW) IS A PROPPHET OF ISLAM. WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE HIM AS A PROPHET CANNOT BE A MUSLIM. . . SO ANY MUSLIM WILL NOT OR CAN NOT PARTAKE IN ANY ACT OR FILM CALCULATED AT DEFAMING HIM OR CHRISTAINS. MUSLIMS & CHRISTAINS ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

WE ARE SO INTER-WOVEN ESPECIALLY IN THIS YORUBA LAND. THERE IS HARDLY ANY 'WHOLLY' MUSLIM OR CHRISTAIN FAMILY. I DO NOT THINK ANY SERIOUS FIGHTING CAN EVER HAPPEN HERE.

IN ORDER TO REALLY SOLVE THE LOOMING AGITATIONS, I URGE HIS EXCELLENCY GOVERNOR ALAO AKALA TO ARREST THE SITUATION IMMEDIATELY. THOSE WHO PRODUCED THE FILM SHOULD BE CAUTIONED AND THE FILMED 'BANNED' FROM FURTHER DISTRIBUTION OR CIRCULATION. THE MUSLIMS SHOULD LIKEWISE BE CAUTIONED NOT TO EVER ENGAGE IN ANY FIGHTING. THEY SHOULD ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ISLAM MEANS PEACE AND THEREFORE BE PEACEFUL ALWAYS.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by DOAweb(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2010
cry cry Nigeria is dying slowly but surely  cry cry
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Afam(m): 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

NO. NO. NO. NO, IT SHOULD BE CLEARLY STATED THAT JESUS CHRIST (ASW) IS A PROPPHET OF ISLAM. WHOEVER DOES NOT BELIEVE HIM AS A PROPHET CANNOT BE A MUSLIM. . . SO ANY MUSLIM WILL NOT OR CAN NOT PARTAKE IN ANY ACT OR FILM CALCULATED AT DEFAMING HIM OR CHRISTAINS. MUSLIMS & CHRISTAINS ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

So, it is wrong to defame Jesus Christ or Christains but right to kill Christians or burn down their churches? Can you explain this contradictory position please?
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Beaf: 12:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
The FBI knew how to deal with David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect.

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by violent(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
Any God that encourage murder of innocent ones because they simply don't believe in his existence. . . . "Shame on him"!
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
Muslims with no jobs and education reads the Quran, saw the will of Allah in the Quran which doesn't want any infidel. The Muslim with no job, no girl friend or kids or wife do as Allah says cause his life is worthless anyways. Now they'll bring it to Yoruba land? War is knocking on our door and some foolish ones are opening the door.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by deb(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2010
ALMUSTAQIM:

please stop stop calling christians your brothers! Our brothers don't go killing innocent people in the name of any fucki[i]n[/i]g religion
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
It has always existed in every part of Nigeria.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by ElRazur: 3:18pm On Mar 11, 2010
Beaf:

The FBI knew how to deal with David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect.

Only that those who are supposed to be equivalent of FBI are useless and only seem effective at locking innocent people.

Have you read the book "World Famous Cults and Fanatics"? It is a little booklet, but one of the funniest and most entertaining I have read. It looks at how religion from the 14th century is used a man for gain. Colin wilson is the Author.

http://www.deuceofclubs.com/books/253world_famous_cults.htm
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
Chei, Chineke me! shocked

This cannot happen in Yorubaland. Yorubaland is filled with the moderate Muslim, not the radical extremist found up north.

Yorubas need to get their house in order, as we look for separation between the North and the South. Do not be the weakest link again.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by SpiralEx(m): 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2010
I am not surprised that this is happening to the Yorubas.
The jos crises that every one is complaining of has a death toll of less than 600. The 1966 pogrom had a death toll of 30,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the midst of this, the COWARDLY yorubas still licked the ass of their hausa overlords and decided to join hands in killing the Igbos in the Biafran war.
Up till date, the SE, SS and middle belt have called for secession directly or indirectly. THE SW HAS NEVER UTTERRED ANY STATEMENT THAT IS AGAINT THE ACTION OF THEIR HAUSA OVERLORDS.
COWARDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may be nice of the SE, SS secede and force the SW to remain with the north since they love them so much and cannot stand for what is wrong.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Beaf: 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2010
ElRazur:

Only that those who are supposed to be equivalent of FBI are useless and only seem effective at locking innocent people.

Have you read the book "World Famous Cults and Fanatics"? It is a little booklet, but one of the funniest and most entertaining I have read. It looks at how religion from the 14th century is used a man for gain. Colin wilson is the Author.

http://www.deuceofclubs.com/books/253world_famous_cults.htm
grin

No, I haven't read the book. But you are quite right, religion is a tool of the powerful to manipulate the minds of the vulnerable and weak. At times like this, I pity religous people.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2010

One of the inciting leaflets circulating in mosques urged Muslims to rise up against Christians in a holy war on the ground that they were losing their brethren to Christianity.

Sounds like muslims are scared of soemthing I dont know of what- its not like theres aplot to kill muslims like they have plotted to do to christians. Why dont yoruba muslims on NL come and comment on things like this?
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by truly: 7:07pm On Mar 13, 2010
@Afam
So, it is wrong to defame Jesus Christ or Christains but right to kill Christians or burn down their churches? Can you explain this contradictory position please?

There is no contradiction.
No muslim who knows what he is doing will EVER defame Jesus. Of course if a christian criticises Islam, the Muslim will also point out the shotcomings of christainity to him

As regards killing christians, I am not so sure that it is that simple.
Will a muslim just go around and look for christians to kill?
They must have been some cause for animosity between them
Afterall, muslims do fight themselves and I if 1 kills the other, religion is not really the issue, but the emotion of human beings
Christians kill themselves too afterall, otherwise there would be no case of murder in igboland!
Come to think of it, christains feel free to abuse our Prophet and Allah
But I can never NEVER abuse Jesus Christ. It is actually a sin for me to do that
Muslims feel offended when christians go about abusing Allah and the Prophet

Imagine how you would feel if somebody abuses your father
What muslims feel is stronger than that

By the way, no knowledgeable muslim will kill a woman or a child
I am not sure if chrsitians have that restraint when they have cause to fight
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by udezue(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2010
FUCCK ALLAH
Now go crazy.
If Allah is great why do u feel the need to defend him all the time? Let him defend u.

Sick minded fuckks

1 Like

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by truly: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2010
@udezue
It would be helpful if we respect ourselves
We can disagree without being abusive
Like I said, will this discussion persist if I abuse your dad,
No matter how much wrong is done in his name by one of your siblings?

Why is it that Christians circulate fake information about Islam?
And also publish fake Quran

Do you think that will actually encourage me to believe that my salvation lies in Christianity?
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by becomricch: 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
newsmaster is pushing a political agenda,  with daily trust newspaper. a northern nigeria based newspaper. To disunity yoruba

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Yehman(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2010
@truly,ur view about Islamic religion is quite different 4rm what muslims in nothern part of the country holds.Don't be deceived by those circulated fake information which are presumably prepared or concocted by muslim groups as a medium/means 4 them to shed blood.Excuse me, if what is obtainable from northern part of d country is truly what islamic religion teaches,my salvation can never (again never) lies in dis type of religion.Shine ur eyez!
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Dominoifet(m): 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2010
@ALMUSTAQIM.

What is peaceful about islam? I laugh in Pakistan.
Mohammed began killing pple and u say it's peaceful. The foundation of everything in Life can not b brushed aside.for ur thought read this http://us.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=23848&content=34463959&pageNum=-1
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Dominoifet(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2010
@Truly
By the way, no knowledgeable muslim will kill a woman or a child.I am not sure if chrsitians have that restraint when they have cause to fight.

It is good to research and know what u serve and not just allow sometin passed down to u without questioning it. This is why Boko Haram consist to destroy quest and search and reasoning. Just to accept everytin like almajiri or Taliban.
And talking about killing women and children. How wonderfully u guys performed in Jos environs. Allahmajiris
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by yemmight(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
Any Islamic Republlic must be burnt down by fire. Fire burn all them down.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by sfiea: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2010
This is very unbecoming of NIGERIA
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2010
A religious war would be d undoing of this country. Pls let's all act with caution.
What we shd be advocating is a more professional arm forces, better governance (though I seriously doubt if this is feasible, a better constitution and not religious intolerance
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by ChrisOD: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bump
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by mitshell: 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
^^^^And has
the Jihad happened?

1 Like

Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by Privy(m): 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
truly: @Afam

There is no contradiction.
No muslim who knows what he is doing will EVER defame Jesus. Of course if a christian criticises Islam, the Muslim will also point out the shotcomings of christainity to him

As regards killing christians, I am not so sure that it is that simple.
Will a muslim just go around and look for christians to kill?
They must have been some cause for animosity between them
Afterall, muslims do fight themselves and I if 1 kills the other, religion is not really the issue, but the emotion of human beings
Christians kill themselves too afterall, otherwise there would be no case of murder in igboland!
Come to think of it, christains feel free to abuse our Prophet and Allah
But I can never NEVER abuse Jesus Christ. It is actually a sin for me to do that
Muslims feel offended when christians go about abusing Allah and the Prophet

Imagine how you would feel if somebody abuses your father
What muslims feel is stronger than that

By the way, no knowledgeable muslim will kill a woman or a child
I am not sure if chrsitians have that restraint when they have cause to fight

Dear truly,

Does your response apply to occasions in which muslims arise and kill christians and other non-muslims without prior personal scuffles or due provocation, as we see in the Boko Haram and ISIS scourges? In fact, an aunt of mine, has once been victim of some of an unprovoked attack by muslims she knew personally and was very close to (all because of her personal choice about how she wanted to live her life).

Your response does directly condemn muslims that disrespect/desecrate the personality of Jesus but it does not even indirectly condemn muslims that carry out unprovoked attacks on non-muslims. Does this mean that it is part of your personal belief, as a muslim, that "it is the responsibility of muslims to kill kaffirs (non-muslims) as a means of furthering your religion"?

The last four lines of your response highlights how strongly a muslim feels when your religious deity, personalities and articles are disrespected/desecrated and I understand that you guys feel strongly about these but do you think it's the right of a muslim to kill or maim the person that carried out the sacrilege? (Remember that one man's meat is another man's poison and that Sango worshipper might deem you worthy of death, in his own view, for doing certain things he considers sacrilegious to his god(s) using the same logic).

Although, there are verses in the Koran in which violence against non-muslims was advocated, a lot of muslims have often done the reasonable by pointing out other verses that advocated non-violence and peace with other people regardless of their religious (or non-religious) creed.

If you wanted peace for Nigeria and the world, you would do well to point out the verses that advocated non-violence, live by the principles in those verses and use it to enlighten other muslims.

It's good to sometimes put yourself in the shoes of the victims. Just imagine yourself being hounded by some Christians or some Amadioha/Sango/Ogun etc worshipper just because your refused to be a member and to participate in their religious rites!!!!! Or maybe some atheists want to subject you to a very gruesome and slow death just for the fact that you believe in a God.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by echelonmatrix365: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Privy:

Dear truly,

Does your response apply to occasions in which muslims arise and kill christians and other non-muslims without prior personal scuffles or due provocation, as we see in the Boko Haram and ISIS scourges? In fact, an aunt of mine, has once been victim of some of an unprovoked attack by muslims she knew personally and was very close to (all because of her personal choice about how she wanted to live her life).

Your response does directly condemn muslims that disrespect/desecrate the personality of Jesus but it does not even indirectly condemn muslims that carry out unprovoked attacks on non-muslims. Does this mean that it is part of your personal belief, as a muslim, that "it is the responsibility of muslims to kill kaffirs (non-muslims) as a means of furthering your religion"?

The last four lines of your response highlights how strongly a muslim feels when your religious deity, personalities and articles are disrespected/desecrated and I understand that you guys feel strongly about these but do you think it's the right of a muslim to kill or maim the person that carried out the sacrilege? (Remember that one man's meat is another man's poison and that Sango worshipper might deem you worthy of death, in his own view, for doing certain things he considers sacrilegious to his god(s) using the same logic).

Although, there are verses in the Koran in which violence against non-muslims was advocated, a lot of muslims have often done the reasonable by pointing out other verses that advocated non-violence and peace with other people regardless of their religious (or non-religious) creed.

If you wanted peace for Nigeria and the world, you would do well to point out the verses that advocated non-violence, live by the principles in those verses and use it to enlighten other muslims.

It's good to sometimes put yourself in the shoes of the victims. Just imagine yourself being hounded by some Christians or some Amadioha/Sango/Ogun etc worshipper just because your refused to be a member and to participate in their religious rites!!!!! Or maybe some atheists want to subject you to a very gruesome and slow death just for the fact that you believe in a God.
Re: Beware Islamic Republic Uncovered In Ibadan by unshakablejihad: 8:23am On Nov 21, 2021
cc

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cleanup Of Oil Pollution In Ogoniland Will Cost $1Billion And Take 30 Years / The Iva Valley (Enugu State) Massacre / Villa Zoo: Jonathan Budgets Millions Of Naira For Animals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.