Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far (401 Views)

Ihedioha’s 30 Days As Imo Governor: 16 Achievements So Far. / Results Of APC Presidential Primaries From 10 States So Far. / PHCN Substation On Fire In Ikoyi, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by seunadeolu(m): 7:15am On Oct 13, 2017
Electricity is pivotal to the development of nations. Its use is directly correlated with healthy economic growth. Nigeria is the most populated country in Africa but only about 40% of the people are connected to the energy grid. The people who actually have power experience difficulties around 60% of the time. I know relatively our experiences defers, based on the regions we found ourselves as a Nigerians. In the past few months in my area(Yaba/Tejuosho), we have enjoyed a fair share of their generosity grin.

I know we are not there yet , because we are a work in progress. The main purpose of opening this thread is for us as Nigerians to share our experiences (both sweet/bitter grin). At least let us appreciate their efforts and also highlight areas where we felt drastic changes can be effected. we have been enjoying a fair share of this electricity companies power generations. i guess it is imperative for us to criticize and as well celebrate this operators. NO tribal sentiments, openly criticize/celebrate as a Nigerian.

One Voice, can change the situation of things

One Nigeria!

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44,
OAM4J, you know the drill naw shocked cool

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by ifex370(m): 7:27am On Oct 13, 2017
NEPA has significantly improved in my area...

From 6 hours a day.. That has been like that almost all my life...

To more than 20hours a day which has been like that for atleast 2 months now...

Sometimes, the light can last 2-3 days without taking

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by Spylord48: 7:33am On Oct 13, 2017
PhCN still dy exist? What we have here is EEDC and PHCN better pass them.For my area we don't have any schedule for light.Anytime you see light you take. They can give us light for 2days,the next day there won't b light.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by seunadeolu(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2017
ifex370:
NEPA has significantly improved in my area...

From 6 hours a day.. That has been like that almost all my life...

To more than 20hours a day which has been like that for atleast 2 months now...

Sometimes, the light can last 2-3 days without taking

likewise in my area here in Yaba, sometimes i actually feel guilty for having it for so long, that i always ask for them to take it
Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 13, 2017
Pipeline Area, Rumuokwurusi, Port Harcourt: 2 to 3 hours every 3 to 4 days. No exaggeration. The last time we saw it this bad was about 7 years ago
Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by zombieHUNTER: 7:42am On Oct 13, 2017
No light here for weeks
I'm not joking
If you know anyone in Adesanya Ajah... Just ask
It's time to leave this country

Just let me know when you guys decides to remove Buhari from office... I will be back by then

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 13, 2017
I spent 5 months in Ilorin and they only took light 3 times till I returned to lokoja.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by zombieHUNTER: 7:46am On Oct 13, 2017
seunadeolu:

likewise in my area here in Yaba, sometimes i actually feel guilty for having it for so long, that i always ask for them to take it

You shouldn't shout it from the roof tops
They probably forgot about your area
They feel cheated if you pay for the light you see ...they like it the other way

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by Damoxy(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2017
So far PHCN stillspread wires even after Light showers

Thats is my own EXPERIENCE
Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by seunadeolu(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2017
zombieHUNTER:

You shouldn't shout it from the roof tops
They probably forgot about your area
They feel cheated if you pay for the light you see ...they like it the other way

bros i need to blow trumpet o!, the people dey work, lets celebrate them
Re: Nigerians Kindly Share Your Experience With PHCN In The Year So Far by Bari22: 8:09am On Oct 13, 2017
In my whole life in Nigeria I never get light as I'm getting it now to be precise.

Please don't quote me, u tell the reality about what is happening in where I'm staying, it may not be the same in your place bit fact is that there is an improvement as far as light supply is concern

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

NEWS POLITICS Disregard Call For North East APC Caucus Meeting – Aspirants / OLUBADAN REVIEW: Let The Court Decide, Oyo APC Tells Seriki Head, Others / From The #senateyouthroundtable ​ On Unemployment​, To The Senate Initiating Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.