Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

How To Make Fish Stew - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Fish Stew (18933 Views)

Have You Tried This Panla Fish Stew Before? / How To Fry Fish Without Flour| How To Make Fish Stew / The Making Of Fried Fish Stew (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Hargbo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
your mates are learning how to make money...you are distributing stew here

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by emmyagi(m): 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
delichous
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by jashar(f): 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
Taiwo20:

must you eat much pepper....

is it not my eating? embarassed
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by hugthebist: 2:11pm On Oct 13, 2017
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by mosesbola(f): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
Na una De sabi chop food for dream

airmirthd1:
I just wish that the fish stew will come out now for me to eat. cheesy
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by dingbang(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
Chicolee:
1 litre of vegetable oil? Seriously?
fear catch me
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Isaacmacdon(m): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2017
lalas247, Won't you wanna cook this for me? It looks tasty. I appreciate the genuine and seemingly perfect cooking of a woman. You know as e dey go na! Good food, great s*x! grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Lalas247(f): 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
Isaacmacdon:
lalas247, Won't you wanna cook this for me? It looks tasty. I appreciate the genuine and seemingly perfect cooking of a woman. You know as e dey go na! Good food, great s*x! grin
Making egusi right now

Who fish stew epp grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by davillian(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
How to make snake stew.
Remove 300Kg of fish and add 300 kg of snake.
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Taiwo20(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
jashar:

is it not my eating? embarassed

I'm just concerned.
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by jashar(f): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Taiwo20:

I'm just concerned.

ok. Thanks for the concern.

when are you cooking the stew with little pepper so that i can know what the right amount of pepper should taste like? grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by CaraJewel(f): 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
normal stew na
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Isaacmacdon(m): 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2017
Lalas247:

Making egusi right now

Who fish stew epp grin
Wow! My favorite. Thanks Honeybunch. Are you still interested in the reverse cowgirl? I'm willing to treat your fantasy, as a reward for preparing my favourite dish. wink

1 Like

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by perpeling22(f): 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2017
jashar:
thanks for the recipe...

but, how do we measure 1kg tomato? is it 200 naira own or five hundred naira own? Na street we dey ooo. 5 pepper for stew? it won't pepper na...

grin grin
i indeed, I love you question.
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by room089: 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
flyca:
Please I wanna add something..

OP said: Pour the blended tomatoes into a pot and let it boil until the consistency is thicker and the excess water is dried up.

I say: There is a better way to this. Blend your tomates and all. Put it on fire and allow to boil - usually 5 to 10 mins. Then pour in a sieve. The excess water just drains out! This will save time and fuel. Also prevents excessive heating of the tomatoes and makes the sew fresher.

The finer the sieve the better. The more time you leave it on the sieve, the more the water that drains out and the thicker the tomato puree becomes. A trial will convince you.

Aunty is draining out the water better? By doing so, are we not indirectly sieving out the taste of the tomato and the nutrients in them?
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Augustap(f): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
RSVP:
1 litre of vegetable oil keh... shocked

Nah to dey enta toilet every 2 minutes oo

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
This size of tomato is referred to as 1kg (local measurement), if you're buying from a shopping mall, tell them 1kg and there you have it.

As for the pepper it depends on your test buds, so feel free to reduce or add it. It's your choice.

jashar:
thanks for the recipe...

but, how do we measure 1kg tomato? is it 200 naira own or five hundred naira own? Na street we dey ooo. 5 pepper for stew? it won't pepper na...

grin grin

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Chicolee:
1 litre of vegetable oil? Seriously?

The reason for using that much oil is to prevent the stew from burning. You will end up with a burnt stew no matter how much stirring you do, if the oil is not enough.
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Come make we discuss marriage preparation

No problem.. my own no need any preparation. Just send my bride price to my bank account. Shikena!
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Pidginwhisper: 1:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:

No problem.. my own no need any preparation. Just send my bride price to my bank account. Shikena!
Una get special vault for bank wey yam and every every go dey?? Me dey serious sha..i been dey find benue girl teytey till u pull over grin ..
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
His suggestion is nice, simple and fast. As a matter of fact, that's what I always do before. Not until I knew it disadvantages. By sieving the tomato, you are draining out the nutrients and also increasing the frying time because the stew will have a sour taste if not well fried and that means more oil for you. So it is advisable to cook the tomato first until there's little water left in the pot.

room089:

Aunty is draining out the water better? By doing so, are we not indirectly sieving out the taste of the tomato and the nutrients in them?
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Lol, sorry but na my family tradition. No food items, just money and most important na bank you must pay. To collect for hand na abomination. cool
Pidginwhisper:
Una get special vault for bank wey yam and every every go dey?? Me dey serious sha..i been dey find benue girl teytey till u pull over grin ..
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
The reason for using that much oil is to prevent the stew from burning. You will end up with a burnt stew no matter how much stirring you do, if the oil is not enough.
fabulousfortune:
Op, nice one buh y shld i have to use excess oil nd den scoop out d excess, can't we just take d required qty at d point of cooking

Also, 300g fish nor go reach chop o. Make e reach like 1kg. Titus or scubia is best used tho grin
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
These are habanero peppers and stock cubes/seasoning cubes is used to refer to maggi, knoor, royco, mr chef and the rest. So use your favourite seasoning cubes whenever you see stock cubes on any article.
evy1:
5 Habanero Pepper (atarodo)
• 2 Stock cubes
Op the bolded na which kind pepper be that
And na Maggi you dey call stock cubes?

Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Pidginwhisper: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:
Lol, sorry but na my family tradition. No food items, just money and most important na bank you must pay. To collect for hand na abomination. cool
How much we come dey talk about for here
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
E no much oo, my family say na just 500k. No negotiation!
Pidginwhisper:
How much we come dey talk about for here
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Pidginwhisper: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:
E no much oo, my family say na just 500k. No negotiation!
but you be from benue Why you come add your own join family own??
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Alright, how much you fit pay?
Pidginwhisper:
but you be from benue Why you come add your own join family own??
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:
Haha.... I beg to differ. Burning arises wen d heat is too high nd secondly even if u 're to use dat high qty of oil, it shld be such dat u won't have to scoop out again afta cooking cos I consider dat kinda tiring cool

Although there are some stubborn stew dat still get burnt even if d heat is low, so it all depends on d situation grin
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Pidginwhisper: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:
Alright, how much you fit pay?
200k kiss kiss. Shey make we yarn better??
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by eneubane1(f): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2017
Okay that's fine by me. When exactly are you sending the bride price.
Pidginwhisper:
200k kiss kiss. Shey make we yarn better??
Re: How To Make Fish Stew by Pidginwhisper: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
eneubane1:
Okay that's fine by me. When exactly are you sending the bride price.
After me and you don yarn wella

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé / Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food / How To Prepare Prawn Soup (opuru Fulou)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.