Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,112 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank (365 Views)

Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey / Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Jonathan Made Mistakes, But Buhari Is A Mistake – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank by Temtee11223344: 9:48am On Oct 13, 2017
World Bank President, Jim Yong Kim has revealed that President Muhammadu Buhari requested that the bank concentrate its effort on the northern region of Nigeria.

Kim, who was speaking at a press conferences in Washington DC, United States on Thursday, also advised Buhari to invest in things that would enhance economic growth.

Kim said, “You know, in my very first meeting with President Buhari he said specifically that he would like us to shift our focus to the northern region of Nigeria and we’ve done that. Now, it has been very difficult. The work there has been very difficult.

“I think Nigeria, of course, has suffered from the dropping oil prices. I think things are just now getting better. But the conversation we need to have with Nigeria, I think, is in many ways related to the theme that I brought to the table just this past week, which is investment in human capital. The percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that Nigeria spends on healthcare is less than one percent.”

He added, “Despite that, there is so much turbulence in the northern part of the country, and there is the hit that was taken from the drop in the oil prices. Nigeria has to think ahead and invest in its people. Investing in the things that will allow Nigeria to be a thriving, rapidly growing economy in the future is what the country has to focus on right now.”

http://www.nigeriannewsweb.com/buhari-asked-us-to-focus-on-northern-nigeria-world-bank/

Re: 'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2017
Which president won't actually look after hsi own?

Shey Jonathan no move defense HQ go SS?

About e no build u airports?

Even though all na to scam you, only a bastard will forget his roots.
Besides, according to KIM, that was done to ensure abundance of food..

So?

1 Like

Re: 'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank by magoo10(m): 9:53am On Oct 13, 2017
While cities like aba ,Onitsha ,Nnewi etc which are home to largest hand made manufacturing products which can employ millions of Nigerians are left fallow,create seaports and airports in the east with huge federal presence and Nigeria will have boast of one of the best economies in the world.
Re: 'Northern Nigeria Is Turbulent But Buhari Asked Us To Invest Ther " - World Bank by Mynd44: 9:54am On Oct 13, 2017

(1)

CPA Appoints Kogi Speaker As Executive Committee Member To Represent N Central / Customs Intercept 27 Hilux Pick-up Vehicles / Reward Obiano For His Good Works Read More At: Https://www.vanguardngr.com/201

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.