Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,815 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey (56720 Views)

Sanusi's Grandfather, Muhammadu Sanusi Was Dethroned By Ahmadu Bello / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano / Sanusi Dethroned By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by obembet(f): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
The Kano state government dethroned Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll on Monday over disrespect to the office of the governor and other government agencies. Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll, who was named the new emir of Kano in June 2014, spent 5 years, 6 months and 26 days on the throne.

Before his appointment as the emir, Sanusi ll served as the central bank governor. He raised accusations of high-level fraud and corruption within the Nigeria’s petroleum industry, alleging that $20bn (£12bn) in oil revenue was missing.

The governor of the state has been at loggerhead with Emir Sanusi II, leading to the creation of additional four new emirates in the state and several probes by both the state lawmakers and Kano anti-graft commission.

Below is a timeline of the crisis Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll has been involved in:

February 20th, 2014: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi got suspended as the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria after his fraud claim, by the then President Goodluck Jonathan.

February 25th, 2014: Sanusi sued Former President Goodluck Jonathan over his removal as head of the CBN.

June 9th, 2014: Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll was named the new emir of Kano after the demise of his predecessor, Al-Haji Ado Bayero who ruled since 1963.

June 10th 2014: Security operatives allegedly ordered by Former President Goodluck Jonathan, sealed off the Emir’s palace which forced Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll, to remain in the government house in ‘President Naseer Lodge’ to receive all the personalities that trooped to congratulate him.

June 12th 2014: Goodluck Jonathan reopened the Kano Emir’s Palace after top Northern elders mounted pressure on him and drew his attention to the dangers of keeping the palace sealed indefinitely.

May 8th, 2019: Governor Abdullahi Ganduje signed into law a bill for the creation of four new emirates, all of which used to be districts under the Kano Emirate Council.

June 6th, 2019: The Kano state government issued a query to Sanusi ll and four other staff of the Kano Emirate council for the misappropriation of N3.4 billion.

June 7th, 2019: A reconciliation meeting was organised by Governor Fayemi and Alhaji Aliko Dangote with the governor and emir in attendance. It was later revealed they did not reconcile.

June 8th, 2019: Sanusi ll responded to a query revealing that he met only N1.8 billion in the emirate’s coffers when he ascended the throne, after the death of the former Emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero.

December 3rd, 2019: Governor Umar Ganduje signed the new Kano Emirates Bill into law.

December 22nd, 2019: The Northern Elders Forum launched a peace mission with the aim to end the prolonged misunderstanding between Governor Ganduje and Mallam Sanusi II.

January 31st 2020: The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission launched a fresh probe against the emir over allegation of N2.2 billion land scam belonging to the emirate.

February 21st, 2020: A Federal High Court in Kano quashed the preliminary report by the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission seeking the suspension of Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll.

March 5th, 2020: The Kano State House of Assembly launched a fresh probe against Mallam Muhammadu Sanusi ll, over alleged violation of ‘‘some Hausa norms, culture and traditions’’.

March 6th, 2020: A Federal High Court in Kano restrained Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission from investigating Sanusi ll.

March 9th 2020: Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll was dethroned over disrespect to the office of the governor and other government agencies.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/suspended-by-president-dethroned-by-governor-emir-sanusis-turbulent-journey.html

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Nbote(m): 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2020
What if it was all a grand scheme to have him contest d 2023 presidential elections. Ppl will sympathize with him and dat automatically guarantees him sympathy votes..

195 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by NextD18: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
It's all planned!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by DMerciful(m): 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
He lied against GEJ and he is meeting his retribution!

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by chatinent: 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
It was written in their scripts. If you are against one, they all will be against you.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Iamgrey5(m): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
I believe Gaduje is Fulani, Ado Bayero is Fulani and Sanusi is Fulani all from Kano

Hence, it's a family issue that is non of my business.

259 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by kestolove95(m): 7:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Many people don't know that even local government chairman can remove any emir dat abuse his power like sanusi

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Slawormir: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Greenbirth: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
When you want to tell Aboki or Abochi whatever they are called. They hate the truth. They hate modernization. They rather die like a scaly dog than to understand good things.

Let one Christian shout Allahk baru and see how their Coco nut head will break loose.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Jaspernubi: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
The "Nigger Area" Popularly refereed to as Nigeria is no Longer a country to be reckoned with. The Idiocy in recycled Leadership structure has reached a crescendo, Anyone still under the illusion that the Nigger Area is a country is just plain stupid
A country where anything can happen without consequence, where thieves and bandits becomes spokesperson for the masses, where illiterates

imposed themselves as President because he carried the gun as a murderer in pretense that he served the Nation
A country where Bribes is collected shamelessly from the Airport by supposedly law enforcement agents
Where Police station is a cartel for Criminals and bank where bribery is collected and has become a practice
A country where Senators are renown thieves, Ministers are Liars

Presidents is controlled by some Idiots called Cabals
A country where You cannot tell if there is even a President as he is not bold to address the nation on issues affecting the country
A country where Good and intelligent People Like Sowore who dares to challenge the statos quo is branded an enemy of state while the real enemy of the people approve Billions for a Failure called President who end up spending it for his own family leaving the masses in desperation

Nigger Area is a shame to the world, to even refer to it as a Zoo is an insult to the Animal
Nigger Area is not working and the masses are Docile

Recently I visited one African country in East Africa Just to see if they are as crude as We are in Nigeria, I was ashamed of my Nationality flagging the Nigerian Passport when from the Airport, you find Young men un-attracted to your Purse or bag but simply doing their Jobs with due diligence, I walked around the country going from place to place for my activities, I saw foreigners comfortable and relaxed, they walked about without fear of being harassed by Locals, the Locals are no threat to them

I remember Nigeria with Pain

foreigners, They have business and walk or drive about even at night, the streets were lighted
On returning to my Base, I was asked at the Airport, why did you visits?
I looked into the attendant's face who saw my profile online from the documents in his possession
I replied with shame and regret with these words, "I visited because it was an escape for me from the bribery collectors at the airport in my country"
You wont collect bribe from me for nothing as they do in Nigeria, I said

He smiled and replied,
We wont collect bribe for anything, Here it is a crime
I cringed to hear an African with dignity when i remembered the expired old men in Nigeria who build edifice with proceed of fraud

Nigeria is a dangerous place to think, and a risky place to argue

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by robosky02(m): 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
Na so
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by aminusodiq(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sanisi don buy maket... Nd. He's d only sensible living entity in d north... Bad fr dem shocked

Check my siggy fr dope 3d logo desin

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by IMASTEX: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Media food is ready. Quickly cash out on this issue before the next one set in.
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Kusheer(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
It's only done in north try am for Yoruba land angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by hemucology(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Haaaa
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by englishmart(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Karma knows everyone's address

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by DEROX: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sanusi is a confused man
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by JamiuKabir: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Allahu'Akbar!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by ednut1(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Chicken has come to roost
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Zico5(m): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
And the president has never responded yet. What a country we live in. Sanusi Lamido may be suffering from the sins of the past but I think it's untoward of the president to keep a sealed lip at this very crucial time. How are the mighty fallen. May bad portion of life never be ours in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Catchfirez: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Nothing last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Romanoff(f): 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
By the time Sanusi will get a chance to sing all the songs in his archives, e go sweet die.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by mrZENographer: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hmm.

He was exposing the corruption within the government. He had it coming. May his God reward his good efforts and deeds. The world is full of corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Sholaco: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Stupid useless nonsense write up
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by LordKO(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Like I said the other place, he's a victim of his own crass and expedient personality - crassness isn't truthfulness, and expediency isn't cleverness. He's always been an intelligent and an opinionated man, but he's neither been an unassuming/unhypocritical man in particular nor a conscientious man in general.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by InfoSources: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
grin
Re: Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
he now have all the time to look for the audio missing $20b

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Election: PDP’s Adeleke Wins, APC Kicks - Vanguard / Jonathan's Daughter, Faith And Husband Godswill Edward, Kids In New Family Photo / Obasanjo Affected By Gbenga's Rumoured Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.