Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently (7036 Views)

Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa / History Of Nigerian Naira, Symbol, Sign And Worth. / NAIRA Vs Other African Currencies In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by blackfase(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
Check out the latest exchange rate of the Nigerian naira compared to some random African countries' currencies.

1. South Africa - 1 Rand = 26.28 Naira

2. Ethiopia - 1 Birr = 13.30 Naira

3. Ghana - 1 Cedi = 81.96 Naira

4. Gambia - 1 Dalasi = 7.60 Naira

5. Kenya - 1 Shilling = 3.48 Naira

6. Liberia - 1 Dinar = 3.05 Naira

7. Swaziland - 1 Lilangeni = 26.55 Naira

8. Tunisia - 1 Dinar = 145.90 Naira

9. Zambia - 1 kwacha = 36.7 Naira

10. Angola - 1 kwanza = 2.17 Naira

11. Lesotho - 1 Loti = 26.55 Naira

12. Libya - 1 Dinar = 262.77 Naira

13. Morrocco - 1 Dirham = 38.32 Naira

14. Madagascar - 1 Ariary = 0.12 Naira

15. Mauritius - 1 Rupee = 10.5 Naira

16. Malawi - 1 kwacha = 0.50 Naira

17. Mozambique - 1 Metical = 5.8 Naira

18. Namibia - 1 Dollar = 26.55 Naira

19. Seychelles - 1 Rupee = 26.38 Naira

20. Sudan - 1 pound = 53.89 Naira

21. Botswana - 1 Pula = 34.60 Naira

22. Cape Verde - 1 Escudo = 3.82 Naira

23. Algeria - 1 Dinar = 3.18 Naira

24. Egypt - 1 Pound = 20.45 Naira

25. Eritrea - 1 Nakata = 23.52 Naira

The currencies of some worse economies in Africa have better value than the naira.

Credit; Pulse.ng

https://opera.pulse.ng/lifestyle/money/the-disparity-between-naira-and-other-african-currency-id7448703.html
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
You are a dunce... What said they have better value?

Don't you know the difference between exchange rate and money vaule?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by blackfase(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
SLIDEwaxie:
You are a dunce... What said they have better value?

Don't you know the difference between exchange rate and money vaule?

Don't unload ur frustration on me, son of a pig. Ferry ur madness elsewhere. Fool

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by bedspread: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
GOD OF MERCY....
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by magoo10(m): 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
O
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
blackfase:

Don't unload ur frustration on me, son of a pig. Carry ur madness elsewhere. Fool
you are the fool here. And I am not surprised, that is how you and your lots think linearly..

A pack of malboro cigarettes is 9 cedis in Ghana, a tube of toothpaste is 12 cedis... Convert those, is that the same amount you buy in Nigeria?

You are a Dumbass!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
blackfase:

Don't unload ur frustration on me, son of a pig. Ferry ur madness elsewhere. Fool
and you are the pig... According to you Messiah, Kanu...
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by blackfase(m): 3:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pinch ur nut and check d bottom of post for credit. Your likes just hit a media platform with blind rage and hate for no reason & without the tempering qualities of restraint. Idiot!

SLIDEwaxie:
you are the fool here. And I am not surprised, that is how you and your lots think linearly..

A pack of malboro cigarettes is 9 cedis in Ghana, a tube of toothpaste is 12 cedis... Convert those, is that the same amount you buy in Nigeria?

You are a Dumbass!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by Just30: 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
SLIDEwaxie:

You are a Dumbass!!!!
shut your mouth dumb
The taxes paid in Ghana are not the same in Nigeria

The cost of shop rental in Ghana is not the same as in Nigeria
Stop comparing Apple and oranges
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by Aonkuuse(m): 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
Hahahaha young man go back to school, exchange rate is different from money having value. The exchange rate of euros is more than that of dollars in Nigerian currency and then you will conclude that Euros have more value than dollars? Go and study well young man
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2017
zoo country, zoo economy, zoo currency. God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by Aonkuuse(m): 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2017
mgbadike81:
zoo country, zoo economy, zoo currency. God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.
ok it is all about biafra? OK if you are really serious, burn nigerian currency in your possession if you don't chop grass call kanu a bastard. Day dreaming fools
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by donk552(m): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2017
Mallam Buhari has finished Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:13pm On Oct 13, 2017
Just30:
shut your mouth dumb
The taxes paid in Ghana are not the same in Nigeria

The cost of shop rental in Ghana is not the same as in Nigeria
Stop comparing Apple and oranges
lol.like i said, you are all fools and full of idocies...

And taxes don't have to be a factor if you want to argue that something has value

What is paid in US in taxes and England will tward Nigeria's, yet, their currency has imeese value.

If you would like me to educate you on values of currency, send a private message and stop displaying your stupidity in a public forum..

1 Kuwaiti dinar is 1,194 naira

1 dollar is 360 naira

Does that make the dinar more valuable than the dollar?
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
blackfase:
Pinch ur nut and check d bottom of post for credit. Your likes just hit a media platform with blind rage and hate for no reason & without the tempering qualities of restraint. Idiot!

I hope you don't commit suicide? Cos na like this I go dey o...no fuckks to give o

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
Aonkuuse:
ok it is all about biafra? OK if you are really serious, burn nigerian currency in your possession if you don't chop grass call kanu a bastard. Day dreaming fools
don't argue with me rather argue with the worthless naira notes in your possession, this exchange rates shows how much harder you have to work before buying the same things with other Africans. you have to work almost 90 times more to buy the same laptop or phone with a Ghanaian
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by blackfase(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2017
mgbadike81:
don't argue with me rather argue with the worthless naira notes in your possession, this exchange rates shows how much harder you have to work before buying the same things with other Africans. you have to work almost 90 times more to buy the same laptop or phone with a Ghanaian

Don't mind d morons, d #igodieformycountry zombies. I wonder what's there to celebrate about their beloved failed Nigeria/ worthless naira
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
lalasticlala,mynd44.a lot of useful and insightful threads are wasting In the background while less interesting stuffs art making front-page.
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by NAZZYMATION(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ain't you not ashamed Rebranded fool!!
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by Aonkuuse(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
mgbadike81:
guess you are not using the useless naira but the biafran dollar
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by frankmoney(m): 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
blackfase:
Check out the latest exchange rate of the Nigerian naira compared to some random African countries' currencies.

1. South Africa - 1 Rand = 26.28 Naira

2. Ethiopia - 1 Birr = 13.30 Naira

3. Ghana - 1 Cedi = 81.96 Naira

4. Gambia - 1 Dalasi = 7.60 Naira

5. Kenya - 1 Shilling = 3.48 Naira

6. Liberia - 1 Dinar = 3.05 Naira

7. Swaziland - 1 Lilangeni = 26.55 Naira

8. Tunisia - 1 Dinar = 145.90 Naira

9. Zambia - 1 kwacha = 36.7 Naira

10. Angola - 1 kwanza = 2.17 Naira

11. Lesotho - 1 Loti = 26.55 Naira

12. Libya - 1 Dinar = 262.77 Naira

13. Morrocco - 1 Dirham = 38.32 Naira

14. Madagascar - 1 Ariary = 0.12 Naira

15. Mauritius - 1 Rupee = 10.5 Naira

16. Malawi - 1 kwacha = 0.50 Naira

17. Mozambique - 1 Metical = 5.8 Naira

18. Namibia - 1 Dollar = 26.55 Naira

19. Seychelles - 1 Rupee = 26.38 Naira

20. Sudan - 1 pound = 53.89 Naira

21. Botswana - 1 Pula = 34.60 Naira

22. Cape Verde - 1 Escudo = 3.82 Naira

23. Algeria - 1 Dinar = 3.18 Naira

24. Egypt - 1 Pound = 20.45 Naira

25. Eritrea - 1 Nakata = 23.52 Naira

The currencies of some worse economies in Africa have better value than the naira.

Credit; Pulse.ng

https://opera.pulse.ng/lifestyle/money/the-disparity-between-naira-and-other-african-currency-id7448703.html
you don't even know the difference between exchange rate and value of a currency , half of those currencies up there are worthless , as in totally worthless compared to Nigerian Naira , even with our current economic state
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by PrinceMario(m): 11:06pm On Oct 13, 2017
Op... Go and get knowledge. Goodnight.
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 2:17am On Oct 14, 2017
Aonkuuse:
guess you are not using the useless naira but the biafran dollar
there's neither sense nor logic in what you wrote. so because I'm using the naira I should not tell myself nor the Nigerian government a very simple truth? yes Nigerians really deserves the government that they have.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 2:36am On Oct 14, 2017
frankmoney:
you don't even know the difference between exchange rate and value of a currency , half of those currencies up there are worthless , as in totally worthless compared to Nigerian Naira , even with our current economic state
the exchange rate is what determines the value of our currency, thus if the value of the naira falls relative to other currencies, it means Nigerians have to work harder and make more money than other countries to buy the same phone or laptop.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by frankmoney(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2017
mgbadike81:
the exchange rate is what determines the value of our currency, thus if the value of the naira falls relative to other currencies, it means Nigerians have to work harder and make more money than other countries to buy the same phone or laptop.
brother calm down , this literally shows you have no idea of what you are talking about , what determines value is purchasing power , some of those currencies up there have very weak purchasing power and will have to work extra hard to be able to get something which a Nigerian will get for less , for your info Ghana Cedis has a higher exchange rate than the Chinese yuan , does that mean that the Cedi is stronger than the yuan ? Or someone in China will work extra hard ? Of course not , it's the purchasing power that determines strength , pls go and get knowledge my friend
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by frankmoney(m): 6:36am On Oct 14, 2017
mgbadike81:
let me still burst your bubble , using the cedi as an example , what Ghana did to there currency is just redomination , they removed a few Zeros , which means instead of 500 cedi they call it 5 cedi , but the value of that said currency remains the same , soludo wanted to introduce such into our economy but it was ruled out .
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2017
frankmoney:
let me still burst your bubble , using the cedi as an example , what Ghana did to there currency is just redomination , they removed a few Zeros , which means instead of 500 cedi they call it 5 cedi , but the value of that said currency remains the same , soludo wanted to introduce such into our economy but it was ruled out .
people want results not excuses why you can't deliver results. to add salt to injury, Ghana just increased their minimum wage by 10% starting from January 1/2018.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by frankmoney(m): 8:09am On Oct 14, 2017
mgbadike81:
people want results not excuses why you can't deliver results. to add salt to injury, Ghana just increased their minimum wage by 10% starting from January 1/2018.
lol , don't try and change the topic , we are discussing about how u said Ghana cedis and some of those currencies you posted up there are more valuable than Naira , not minimum wage
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by emeka1101: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2017
frankmoney:
You are very ignorant so shut up there.
This clearly shows that you know nothing about redenomination .
Go and enlighten yourself and stop disgracing yourself here
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by emeka1101: 8:27am On Oct 14, 2017
frankmoney:
lol , don't try and change the topic , we are discussing about how u said Ghana cedis and some of those currencies you posted up there are more valuable than Naira , not minimum wage
So you don't know Ghana cedi is more valuable than the Naira?
Go to Ghana with naira and see how worthless the Naira is.
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 8:29am On Oct 14, 2017
frankmoney:
I'm not changing the topic, those currency are worth more that's why a single unit in them exchanges for more of your naira. any other lengthy argument is plain propaganda and misinformation.
Re: Nigerian Naira To Other African Currencies Presently by mgbadike81: 8:34am On Oct 14, 2017
emeka1101:

So you don't know Ghana cedi is more valuable than the Naira?
Go to Ghana with naira and see how worthless the Naira is.
you just summarized it well for him, let him go and pay school fees there and he will learn in a bitter way that the Naira is useless. the average Nigerian thinks that self deceit is equivalent to patriotism.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strategies To Optimize Tax Compliance For Business Owners / NYSC: Yiedp-hbp 2016- Log-in Issues / CBN Threatens Bank Ceos With Sack Over Delayed Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.