Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Overcoming Recurring Nightmares And Ugly Dreams - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming Recurring Nightmares And Ugly Dreams (476 Views)

101 Most Common Evil Dreams And Nightmares And Their Meanings / 101 Most Common Evil Dreams And Nightmares And Their Interpretations / My Grace Testimony : Recurring Nightmare Stopped, Enjoying Absolute Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Recurring Nightmares And Ugly Dreams by FaithfulServant(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
What is a nightmare? It is a very bad dream that frightens a sleeping person. Several thoughts of the cause is in circulation. Many conclude that it is because of an evil spirit oppressing people during sleep, while medically, it is seen as sleep disorder with several names linked to it like sleep paralysis and various sleep disorders with ailment like depression and others also linked to it.

Well, medicine always has name for everything — both the usual and unusual, but I tell you the truth and from my experience and how I overcame, nightmares has nothing to do with the medical but the unseen world trying to commune with the physical world and the objects in it.

Some of the instances of nightmares and ugly dreams are: many complain of human-like pressure on the chest while sleeping; some wake up with marks and scratches on their body; some other experience sex in the dream and wet dream; some eat in the dream and wake up heavy and so many other instances. The medical may give different names to these because it operate on flesh during operating and test blood fluid frequently, but we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers in high places (Ephesians 6:12).

Ephesians 6:12 KJV: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

Those instances are demons trying to manipulate man and for the exact reason for each of the instance only known to them.

It is a three way thing: either you are for them, sitting on the fence or against them I.e. either on the left (for them), in the middle (relaxing and doing nothing) or on the right (for God). When you’re for them, you work for them and such agents who do so are like prisoners with condition for temporary freedom. Proverbs 4:16 makes us to understand that some sleep not until they have done mischief and have cause some people to fall.

Proverbs 4:16: “For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.”

Those at the middle and sitting on the fence, experience some “petting” experiences from the unseen agents like eating in the dream and sex in the dream. Those trying break off to come to the godly side, at their initial stages of their conversion, experience frightening attacks from the agents and sometimes lesser ones to put fear in them to draw them back to their sinful ways (Hebrews 10:38-39) but fear not as Christ the Lord has said (Luke 12:32; John 14:1; Romans 8:15). Whoever bears the mark of Christ, the evil one touches him or her not (1 John 5:18; Galatians 6:17), but endeavor to abstain from sin and pray to God that your flesh might be in subjection to overcome the pressure to sin (Mark 14:38; 1 Corinthians 9:27).

To overcome, first accept Jesus into your life by confession and prayer (Romans 10:9). I can’t guarantee success for a practicing witch doctor following this steps. Secondly, pray before you sleep using key verses involving Jesus Christ and His blood He shed on the cross for you and I (John 6:56; John 6:53). In prayer also, put on the whole armor of God as stated in book of Ephesians 6:13-18.

Ephesians 6:10-11:“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. [11] Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”

In conclusion, sleep with your Holy Bible open, most preferably on specific chapters and verses containing phrases like “blood of Jesus”, “blood of the Lamb” (Revelation 12:11) and with this you will overcome by the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8 ).

Good luck!

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/12/overcoming-recurring-nightmares-and.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Capitalism And Church The Way Forward / New Jerusalem Kingdom Church, Anambra State, Nigeria Hands Over To Olumba / Nobody Is Talking About Tthe Reihnard Bonnke Farewell Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.